• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][11.0][UMI] Project 404-RIPPA [OFFICIAL][28/11/2020]

Search This thread

Orangelelo

Apr 17, 2020
Ok, trying to flash since 2 hours. I'm on TWRP 3.4.2b-1206

3 errors while flashing

Updater process ended with ERROR: 7
Failed to mount '/vendor' (invalid argument)
Failed to mount '/odm' (invalid argument)

Getting sick of it.
If u flash Chinese version of 12.1.5 u will only able to flash octavi OS Android 11.no other rom will boot.u must have eu 12.1.5 version of miui 12 Android 11 to boot this.ur recovery version is correct.use eu global 12.1.5 vender.otherwise rom want work

Step is
1install twrp 1206 as mentioned u above
Format data yes
Reboot recovery
Transfer eu global 12.1.5 miui 12 Android 11 to ur phone with twrp internel storage process.
Flash it
After flash again format data yes(don't boot miui without wiping data)
Than reboot to twrp
Than reboot system(miui)
Let completely boot miui stock rom
Than enter twrp recovery
Transfer 404 rom from pc
Wipe data,dalvik,and cache (don't wipe data from advance wipe)wipe from first menu.
Install rippa 404 or any Android 11 rom from this process.no need any wiping after install
Reboot and enjoy.
,.,#so miui cn 12.1.5 vender want work for many Android 11 rom only octavi OS will boot.so use miui eu global 12.1.5
Here is the link

azsry

Dec 26, 2020
Damn, what an amazing reply ! You should be in the first post of this topic !

I bricked 3 times my phone yesterday, finaly I could revive it but I spent 8 hours on working on this phone. I think i'm maybe too stupid for this. If I had your tutorial yesterday, be sure I would try it !
No worries! Hope it works out for you :)

I've been trying out this ROM for a day now and noticed that my auto-rotate wasn't working, and my orientation wasn't updating in Google Maps. When I got home, I downloaded a sensor testing app, and it said that all sensors except my proximity sensor were not working. Anyone else having this issue?

fobkenob

Jan 23, 2018
The latest version of this rom goes very well.
I think you're doing a fantastic job with this device.
I find it more complete and agile than pe plus (and that's quite a compliment). ;)
Congratulations and thank you very much to the developers!

Firmware 12.5.3

Reactions: awetsm
Hey man, keep pushing! I spent almost 5 hours on this, but the payoff of getting AOSP on my Mi 10 was well worth it :) Here's the steps I took. I was coming from MIUI Global which is still on Android 10, so you can skip to Step 7:

1. Download the latest MIUI China Fastboot ROM: https://xiaomirom.com/en/rom/mi-10-...overy-rom/#download-mi-10-stable-fastboot-rom

2. Connect your phone to your PC

3. Put your phone into fastboot mode by holding Vol up + Power until it reboots

4. Extract the downloaded MIUI rom twice (first one is a tgz, second is a tar).

5. Run the flash_all.bat. Let it run for a while

6. Boot into MIUI and finish setup

7. Download this TWRP (MUST be this one, since we're flashing Android 11): https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=10763459528675582373

8. Extract the .7z archive with 7zip, and enter the directory until you see fastboot.exe and recovery.img

9. Without anything in that folder selected, press SHIFT+Right Click in any blank space in the folder to open up the context menu, and choose Open PowerShell window here.

10. Put your phone into Fastboot mode

11. Run the following commands:

Code:
fastboot flash recovery .\recovery.img
fastboot boot .\recovery.img

11.5 If your TWRP is in Chinese, choose the 3rd option in the 2nd column, then choose the globe icon, select English, and then tap the button in the bottom right corner to change the language.

12. Go to Wipe > Format Data. Type 'yes' and let it do its thing. Go back to the Wipe menu and do a Factory Reset wipe.

13. Go to Reboot > Reboot to Recovery. Your phone should reboot back to TWRP

14. Go to Install. You should see a TWRP folder there. This means your data partition is working fine without encryption.

15. Place your ROM (Project 404 in this case) and Magisk onto the internal storage

16. Flash ROM. Should go ahead without a hitch now since you're on the correct TWRP version.

17. Wipe Dalvik/Cache.

18. Go to Reboot > Reboot to Recovery

19. Go to Wipe > Flash Magisk

20. DO NOT WIPE DALVIK/CACHE. Just reboot to system.

21. It should boot up now :D
Thanks for the complete step by step instructions. Been using this device for several weeks and, coming from Samsung's One UI and Android One devices, MIUI just doesn't fit me well.

I even couldn't find the complete step by step instructions to flash this rom on the Project404 official website. Just one more question: coming from MIUI, do I need to flash vbmeta? If so, how can I find one? Thanks

azsry

Dec 26, 2020
Thanks for the complete step by step instructions. Been using this device for several weeks and, coming from Samsung's One UI and Android One devices, MIUI just doesn't fit me well.

I even couldn't find the complete step by step instructions to flash this rom on the Project404 official website. Just one more question: coming from MIUI, do I need to flash vbmeta? If so, how can I find one? Thanks
Hey, sorry for the super late reply! I don't check XDA that often :cry:

If you're coming from MIUI Global, yes you will need to flash vbmeta. You can get one from this thread, which also shows how to flash it.

fobkenob

Jan 23, 2018
Hi! Thanks for your work. The last rom works very well (4.4.2 for UMI), like the previous one, but in this one I have problems with the sound. The mobile sounds very low, both in videos or audios and in notifications and calls. Can this be fixed in any way? Thanks.

fobkenob

Jan 23, 2018
Now the fastest and most content information channel is Telegram ...
I recommend you follow a couple of Mi 10 channels to find out everything that is coming out; Project404, PE Plus, Mokee, Descendant, EvolutionX ...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, trying to flash since 2 hours. I'm on TWRP 3.4.2b-1206

3 errors while flashing

Updater process ended with ERROR: 7
    Failed to mount '/vendor' (invalid argument)
    Failed to mount '/odm' (invalid argument)

Getting sick of it.

Hey man, keep pushing! I spent almost 5 hours on this, but the payoff of getting AOSP on my Mi 10 was well worth it :) Here's the steps I took. I was coming from MIUI Global which is still on Android 10, so you can skip to Step 7:

1. Download the latest MIUI China Fastboot ROM: https://xiaomirom.com/en/rom/mi-10-...overy-rom/#download-mi-10-stable-fastboot-rom

2. Connect your phone to your PC

3. Put your phone into fastboot mode by holding Vol up + Power until it reboots

4. Extract the downloaded MIUI rom twice (first one is a tgz, second is a tar).

5. Run the flash_all.bat. Let it run for a while

6. Boot into MIUI and finish setup

7. Download this TWRP (MUST be this one, since we're flashing Android 11): https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=10763459528675582373

8. Extract the .7z archive with 7zip, and enter the directory until you see fastboot.exe and recovery.img

9. Without anything in that folder selected, press SHIFT+Right Click in any blank space in the folder to open up the context menu, and choose Open PowerShell window here.

10. Put your phone into Fastboot mode

11. Run the following commands:

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery .\recovery.img
    fastboot boot .\recovery.img

11.5 If your TWRP is in Chinese, choose the 3rd option in the 2nd column, then choose the globe icon, select English, and then tap the button in the bottom right corner to change the language.

12. Go to Wipe > Format Data. Type 'yes' and let it do its thing. Go back to the Wipe menu and do a Factory Reset wipe.

13. Go to Reboot > Reboot to Recovery. Your phone should reboot back to TWRP

14. Go to Install. You should see a TWRP folder there. This means your data partition is working fine without encryption.

15. Place your ROM (Project 404 in this case) and Magisk onto the internal storage

16. Flash ROM. Should go ahead without a hitch now since you're on the correct TWRP version.

17. Wipe Dalvik/Cache.

18. Go to Reboot > Reboot to Recovery

19. Go to Wipe > Flash Magisk

20. DO NOT WIPE DALVIK/CACHE. Just reboot to system.

21. It should boot up now :D
    ts1TQgJ.png

Finally!! The wait is over We present You Project-404

Leonardo Da Vinci, said
    "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
    And with that Goal in mind we bring you the Rom you don't think you need but the one you deserve,

(Oof sigh enough with quotes you must be getting bored) . So some of you might be like, sigh yet another Rom. Ugh we get it too, but give us a shot.

Our core ideology for this Project is Aesthetic we are more focused on Aesthetic but also considering the usability since Aesthetic is as much as important as Usability and Stability.
    ( shameless plug: Quote by @Markakash

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

[SIZE=+2]Team Project-404[/SIZE]
    @Markakash
    @Ayushd70
    @UditKarode
    @ojas.sinha

[SIZE=+2]Features[/SIZE]
    - Accent Pickers
    - Advanced reboot
    - Screenshot sound disabler
    - Reworked Volume Panel
    - Abel Music Player
    - Three Finger Screenshot
    - 4G/VoLTE icon on status bar
    - Long Screen Shot
    - Long press volume to skip songs
    - Improved AOD ambient play ticker
    - QS rows/column numbers
    - Network speed indicator
    - Some More which you are suppose to find xD
    - Much More Stuffs Coming Soon!

[SIZE=+2]Project-404 Sources[/SIZE]
    P-404: Project-404

[SIZE=+1]Got an issue or suggestion? Reach us at[/SIZE]
    Telegram: https://t.me/project_404
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Project404x
    Channel: https://t.me/project404channel

[SIZE=+1]Note[/SIZE]
    Make sure your on MIUI 12.1.5 vendor.

[SIZE=+1]Clean Install[/SIZE]
    - Backup all your data (Important)
    - Format data
    - Flash the ROM
    - vb_beta stuff if coming from MIUI
    - Reboot

ROM: Download

Kernel Source: https://github.com/MiCode/Xiaomi_Kernel_OpenSource/tree/umi-q-oss

[SIZE=+1]Credits[/SIZE]
    - Google for AOSP
    - Team Potato
    - Paranoid Android
    - CarbonROM
    - LineageOS
    - AOSiP​

XDA:DevDB Information
    Project 404 , ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 10

Contributors
    markakash
    ROM OS Version: Android 10

Version Information

Created 2020-11-28
    Last Updated 2020-11-28
    The latest version of this rom goes very well.
    I think you're doing a fantastic job with this device.
    I find it more complete and agile than pe plus (and that's quite a compliment). ;)
    Congratulations and thank you very much to the developers!

Firmware 12.5.3