Search This thread

zement

Oct 27, 2020
New build guys :)

10.04.2021 UPDATE

Download aicp_instantnoodlep_r-16.1-WEEKLY-20210410.zip from HERE

Changelog: link HERE

No GAPPS in the ROM.zip.

** İf you are comming from older version - no need to flash clean.

-- if you are rooted: Just go to Updater in AicpExtras choose the downloaded zip from your storage and install the update.
-- if you aren't rooted:
**** Download the zip. Connect your phone to your PC. and run adb root in terminal (or cmd windows for Win). Then run adb shell setenforce 0 and install downloaded zip as local upgrade from Updater in AicpExtras. You'll be on enforcing selinux mode after reboot
-- You can flash in recovery via adb sideload. İf you choose this way, don't forget to reboot to recovery and flash your GAPPS.zip via adb sideload again.

-- if you want to clean flash:
**** reboot to recovery. Format data then follow the procedure given below:

flash rom.zip via adb sideload -> reboot recovery -> flash gapps.zip via adb sideload -> reboot to system

What's new:

1. April '21 ASB merged
2. Added ALipay fingerprint payment support
3. Screenbrightness fixes for all 3 devices
4. Many fixes included SafetyNet

Enjoy !!!
Good day. Are you planning to implement faceunlock support into the firmware?

wartomato

Just to clear this up.
Face unlock from OnePlus is proprietary vendor code, copyrighted.
"Other ROMs" use hacked code from (mostly) Motorola, which is not bad, but need a vendor copyrighted lib.
Therefore a lot of ROMs or the sources on GitHub got turned down by the DCMA for using copyrighted code.
Google ditched face unlock on pie as it turned out to be unsafe.

We decided long ago to not using these libs and code.
So, as long as there is no "free" and "safe to use" version...it will not happen.

On a sidenote:
Being turned down like 3 times on github, leads to a permanent ban for us and our sources.
All this for "your convenience"? Nope, we decided not to risk over a decade of work for a feature you request. Sorry.

pallefar

Apr 3, 2013
Hi @semdoc when trying to update the downloaded updates via the updater and being rooted. If file is in downloads then updater app just crashes when choosing the file. If I move it to root on sdcard then it goes well until I press install. Then in just says error and suspended. Did also try adb root and setenforce after, with same issue. Any idea or need a log?

Cic3ro

Nov 25, 2012
Hamburg
OnePlus 8 Pro
I have a problem. Some apps (e.g. Google Maps) find my location, while others (e.g. weather apps) cannot find my location. Authorization is given in the settings, but you can see that no location is requested.

semdoc

Recognized Contributor
OK
I DLed the update and went to the update center in AICP extras. When I selected the file, I got a message saying: "The update verification failed."
OK.
1. connect your device to your PC,
2. grant root access via adb in Developper options

and type in cmd (for windows) or terminal (for linux)

then

$ adb shell setenforce 0

then press again install in Update centre after choosing downloaded ROM.zip.

or go to recovery and flash via adb sideload ROM.zip - > reboot to recovery -> flash via adb sideload gapps.zip

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
On a sidenote:
Being turned down like 3 times on github, leads to a permanent ban for us and our sources.
All this for "your convenience"? Nope, we decided not to risk over a decade of work for a feature you request. Sorry.

It was a simple question, thanks for "clearing" that up.

if it's the case of an account on GitHub, personally I'd just make a mock up and use that!

2nd chill out! My convenience, I'm not using this ROM, could not care less about face unlock or anything else that doesn't work, I'm on OOS.

Even if someone has asked for this, there are ways of speaking to people without being disrespectful, you could have removed a bunch of words there and still got the message across, maybe have a little think there next time ;)

wartomato

It was a simple question, thanks for "clearing" that up.

if it's the case of an account on GitHub, personally I'd just make a mock up and use that!

2nd chill out! My convenience, I'm not using this ROM, could not care less about face unlock or anything else that doesn't work, I'm on OOS.

Even if someone has asked for this, there are ways of speaking to people without being disrespectful, you could have removed a bunch of words there and still got the message across, maybe have a little think there next time ;)
The post was not directed to you and not personal.
And in case of GitHub...I think you should get more info about a DCMA request as ALL repos on GitHub by anyone (!) have to be removed, when containing the code. It is not dependent on a single GitHub account, lol.

Plus this question comes up numerously on all our channels, so we even now have explained that in our xda template for maintainers.
The ROM is an organization of hobbyists and not a "one man show".
So, I am pretty "chilled out", but of course very sad if my wording might hurt anyone as I am not a native English language speaking guy.
Still dunno why it triggered you. 🤷
(I thought I did not quote any message while I was sending the post 🤔).

nijohnson

Jul 3, 2012
OK

OK.
1. connect your device to your PC,
2. grant root access via adb in Developper options

and type in cmd (for windows) or terminal (for linux)

then

then press again install in Update centre after choosing downloaded ROM.zip.

or go to recovery and flash via adb sideload ROM.zip - > reboot to recovery -> flash via adb sideload gapps.zip
Thanks!

nijohnson

Jul 3, 2012
Wierd bug here. When my phone connects to my car, it no longer is able to play Audio. I can connect and make calls, but anything else no longer works as it did on stock. I've reset the car system, cleared all the wireless connections on the phone, played with a few of the A2DP and AVRCP setting. But had no luck. Any idea what the issue is?

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
The post was not directed to you and not personal.
And in case of GitHub...I think you should get more info about a DCMA request as ALL repos on GitHub by anyone (!) have to be removed, when containing the code. It is not dependent on a single GitHub account, lol.

Plus this question comes up numerously on all our channels, so we even now have explained that in our xda template for maintainers.
The ROM is an organization of hobbyists and not a "one man show".
So, I am pretty "chilled out", but of course very sad if my wording might hurt anyone as I am not a native English language speaking guy.
Still dunno why it triggered you. 🤷
(I thought I did not quote any message while I was sending the post 🤔).

The entire way you're communicating is completely patronising, English or not, your choice of words to communicate with is still awful..

As it's XDA I'll simply say this. Don't be a tool.

That's the last I'll say on it.

If you want to talk to me again pm me, I don't want to clutter this thread any more than it already has been.

Last edited:

wartomato

The entire way you're communicating is completely patronising, English or not, your choice of words to communicate with is still awful..

As it's XDA I'll simply say this. Don't be a tool.

That's the last I'll say on it.

If you want to talk to me again pm me, I don't want to clutter this thread any more than it already has been.
I only tried to provide team information about "face unlock", what somehow triggered you.
You started this, so it is okay with me if you end it. 😊

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

logo_black.png

AICP
    Android Ice Cold Project

AICP is known by everyone as the "Ice Cold Project" that started on a Desire HD years ago (2012) and since then has evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community that you can find!!!

Until Android Lollipop, the ROM has always been based on AOKP. Unfortunately, since AOKP stopped development (but made a comeback later), we changed our base to CM.
    With the re-brand of CM to LineageOS (LOS), we became LineageOS based with some tweaks from AOSP and then changed to be based on the "Ground Zero Open Source Project" (GZOSP) for Android Pie.
    We changed again for Android Q-R with a base of AOSP repositories and some additions from LineageOS for device-specific repositories.

If there are any bugs we will sort them out if it concerns our codebase. This ROM isn't LineageOS supported, so there is no need to report errors/bugs to them!!

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
    */

features.png

Feature list (rough overview)

credits.png

In the beginning we would like to thank:

LineageOS & CM (R.I.P.) team
    @maxwen and the rest of the OmniRom team
    Pixel Experience Team
    AOSiP team
    Community

team.png

@LorD ClockaN
    @eyosen
    @semdoc
    @SpiritCroc
    @wartomato
    @Miccia
    plus the rest of the crazy bunch that we call "team"

donations.png

We are paying for servers that build weeklies and everything that comes with this, so EVERY DONATION will really be appreciated and be used to cover those expenses.
    Thank you!!

downloads.png

Latest Stable Release Version 16.1

Download link: https://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/

Please note that official builds will be deleted from our servers every month due to maintenance services.
    Starting with AICP 15 we will be storing a copy of the most recent release here: https://media.aicp-rom.com/vault/.

changelog.png

Full Changelog link: https://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/
    (Just click the changelog button next to the download link in the list of builds available for your device)

Google Apps:
    We recommend MindTheGapps as it has been thoroughly tested and it works well with the ROM, some other minimal GApps packages still have issues, however feel free to try other GApps if you want to, just try MindTheGapps if you have any GApps related issues

MindTheGapps: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=322935
    Mirror: http://downloads.codefi.re/jdcteam/javelinanddart/gapps

issues.png

You tell... :p

FAQ:
    Before using the ROM:
    Q. Can I have an ETA for the next build?
    A. Yes, just look here to see what day your device is built on.

Q. Does this ROM support custom kernels officially?
    A. No. You can still use them, but the discussion should go in the thread of the respective kernel. We don't offer support for bugs you might encounter while using them!

Q. Does this ROM include GApps or do I have to flash them separately?
    A. No, we do not include prebuilt GApps, because of possible licensing issues with Google Software and because some users do not want GApps preinstalled as they want to use alternative services like MicroG or just prefer flashing a GApps "flavor" of their liking.

Q. Does this ROM use the camera or gallery app from stock?
    A. It depends on the device. In most cases these apps include proprietary libs/code and cannot be included in the device trees on Github or we risk having the ROM banned from Github. In this case, we might try to make them installable (separate from the ROM zip), or we might provide a version of these apps with the ROM that doesn't include any proprietary libs. It's also sometimes the case that these apps are simply not included because we didn't feel the need to do so for the device in question.

Q. Does this ROM have Extended/Scrolling screenshot?
    A. No, extended screenshot was implemented using an app extracted and modified from manufacturer firmware/system images and is proprietary as well. It led to the closing of many ROM's sources on GitHub.

Q. Does this ROM have FaceUnlock?
    A. No, FaceUnlock was also an app extracted and modified from some manufacturers. Even Google removed the Trusted Face (FaceUnlock) feature for security reasons on Android 9.0/10.x. Adding the modified feature did the same to ROM sources as described above.

Q. Can you add (insert favorite weather provider)?
    A. No, we cannot add more weather providers as the implementations change and we (the ROM) now have to pay for most services, and that is not cheap, so we decided to use the best free service that we could find, the only way to add your own is for users to apply for their own API key to use their preferred service.

Q. Does this ROM have private official builds with the above proprietary libs included?
    A. No, we believe in open source software, this way users know what's in the build and can replicate it themselves, all official builds are built on our build servers using the public sources from github and no one can (or would) add their own private sources to the build.

Flashing the ROM:
    Q. What do I need to know before flashing?
    A. Check the flashing instructions...

Q. Can the builds be dirty flashed over each other?
    A. Yes, this is the usual behavior on flashing a new official build by (or using) the build-in updater service.

Q. How do I 'dirty flash' builds?
    A. Wipe the System, Cache, and ART/Dalvik cache. Flash the ROM, GApps (only needed if you wipe the system), your preferred root solution, and reboot. Or just use the OTA app to perform that task for you.

Q. How do I flash kernel builds?
    A1. If it's a .img file, boot into TWRP and go to the install page in TWRP, in the bottom right corner select "install image", select the desired kernel, then select "boot" as the destination, then swipe to flash, then go back to the install screen and install your root method again, if you don't want to lose root and reboot.
    A2. If it's a flashable ZIP, you can flash it together with a ROM update or separately. Go to the install page in TWRP, choose the kernel zip (or add it to the flash queue right after the ROM zip). Then add your root method to the queue if you don't want to lose root. Now swipe to flash and reboot afterward.

Using the ROM:

Q. Do I need to provide a logcat if I'm reporting a bug?
    A. If you want it to be fixed faster (or at all) then yes, you should definitely provide a logcat AND the model name. (Note: Please just link the logcat from your GDrive, Dropbox, etc. Do not post the content here. Thanks.)

Q. How do I get a logcat, what type should I get, and more questions that can conveniently be answered by my pre-determined answer?
    A1. Read this thoroughly. Also, here's a good app for getting logs: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog (Root needed).
    A2. If you are already rooted, you can use the built-in feature to make a logcat and provide that. Just look into the others section on the AICP Extras main page.

instructions.png

The ROM should contain everything you need to enjoy Android R. You don't need to install any Add-ons, simply download the latest ROM and GApps, then follow the flashing instructions and go!
    If you want the device to run the ROM "rooted", you can flash a root solution of your choice after the ROM zip file.

It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing and please avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup (or with any backup/restore app) as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug, restoring regular apps is fine though.
    If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

How to flash for the first time:
    (Again: Don't do it if you don't know!)​

On Clean Flash: mandatory for first install !!!

At the beginning, if you are on Stock OOS 11 ROM with locked bootloader, please follow the instructions for unlocking bootloader here: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/instantnoodlep/install

1. Download the ROM and GApps to your PC with proper adb & fastboot setup.
    Also download to your PC instantnoodlep-recovery.img from HERE
    2. Boot to bootloader and run in cmd (windows) / terminal (linux)
    fastboot flash recovery instantnoodlep-recovery.img
    4. Boot to recovery. Tap on Factory Reset (this will erase everything on your device) then return to main menu
    3. Connect your device to your PC and tap on Apply Update -> Apply from ADB and
    4. Flash the ROM zip file using
    adb sideload aicp_instantnoodlep_r-16.1-WEEKLY-{date}.zip
    5. Once its finished, reboot to recovery to flash the GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work). This is mandatory becoz will switch automatically current slot and will flash GAPPS.
    Once it boots to recovery, tap on Apply Update -> Apply from ADB then run
    adb sideload GAPPS.zip
    6. Reboot and set up your device.
    7. Reboot back into recovery.
    8. Flash the root solution of your choice (optional).
    9. Reboot your device.

The main workflow for flashing via recovery:

reboot to recovery -> adb sideload ROM.zip -> reboot recovery -> adb sideload GAPPS.zip -> reboot to system

The procedure may vary from device to device and is a bit different on system updates!

The ROM has GApps persistence in between dirty flashes, so you only have to flash them once! This might differ on AvB Devices.

Currently supported Root Solution:

Magisk stable
    Magisk versions >= 20.4 don't usually need to be flashed on every dirty flash.
    Depending on the device, you may need to flash it every time, unless your maintainer says otherwise, you should be fine.

PREREQUISITE FOR OTA ("Over-The-Air" Updates):

Go to Aicp Extras -> Update Centre then isntall new Weekly Build.

sources.png

If you want to contribute to AICP, or if you want to see what is being worked on/merged, feel free to visit our Gerrit code review system. (Link is at the bottom!!!)

Kernel source: We are building Neutrino Kernel adopted to our sources with permission by Kernel Dev.
    Device tree source:
    Common device tree source:
    Vendor source:

ROM & Additional links:
    AICP's Homepage
    AICP Gerrit Code Review
    AICP sources on Github
    AICP Download page for official builds and media content
    AICP Discord Community
    AICP Telegram channel for server notifications on official builds

Contributors:

(mention all the devs who have contributed to your device tree, kernel, vendor, etc,
    only mention the main ones though, probably the top four or so, otherwise this list will be a mile long xD)

Information:[/U[
    ROM OS Version: 11.1
    Kernel: Linux 4.19.190
    ROM {Firmware|Vendor} required: OnePlus8ProOxygen_15.E.34_OTA_0340
    {ALPHA|BETA|STABLE}
    Release Date: 04-05-2021

You want to see a "normal" night at the "DEV office", click here!!

Update guys.

2nd post updated - SafetyNet fixed.

aicp_instantnoodlep_r-16.1-WEEKLY-20210301.zip link HERE
    AICP recovery: link HERE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New build guys :)

10.04.2021 UPDATE

Download aicp_instantnoodlep_r-16.1-WEEKLY-20210410.zip from HERE

Changelog: link HERE

No GAPPS in the ROM.zip.

** İf you are comming from older version - no need to flash clean.

-- if you are rooted: Just go to Updater in AicpExtras choose the downloaded zip from your storage and install the update.
    -- if you aren't rooted:
    **** Download the zip. Connect your phone to your PC. and run adb root in terminal (or cmd windows for Win). Then run adb shell setenforce 0 and install downloaded zip as local upgrade from Updater in AicpExtras. You'll be on enforcing selinux mode after reboot
    -- You can flash in recovery via adb sideload. İf you choose this way, don't forget to reboot to recovery and flash your GAPPS.zip via adb sideload again.

-- if you want to clean flash:
    **** reboot to recovery. Format data then follow the procedure given below:

flash rom.zip via adb sideload -> reboot recovery -> flash gapps.zip via adb sideload -> reboot to system

What's new:

1. April '21 ASB merged
    2. Added ALipay fingerprint payment support
    3. Screenbrightness fixes for all 3 devices
    4. Many fixes including SafetyNet (fixed again)

Enjoy !!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

04.04.2021 Update !!!

Download aicp_instantnoodlep_r-16.1-WEEKLY-20210404.zip from HERE.
    Changelog: link HERE.

-- There is no GAPPS in the ROM.zip.

Download GAPPS from:

MindTheGapps or OpenGapps Android 11 Nano

How to install:
    1. Go to recovery. Format data if you want to flash clean.
    2. Apply Update from ADB
    3. then adb sideload aicp_instantnoodlep_r-16.1-WEEKLY-20210404.zip
    4. Reboot to recovery
    5. Flash Gapps via adb sideload GAPPS.zip
    ** İmportant: Android Auto fails to connect with OpenGapps. All good with MindTheGapps
    ** There is no DevicePersonalization app in these - if you want, I can provide a modified GAPPS package
    6. If you want to switch in between GAPPS packages, just flash other GAPPS package on the new flash. Clean flash isn't trivial, but recommended....

*** Next flashes can go through Updater or adb sideload.
    ** If you flash via Updater, backup tool will handle your gapps - no need to reflash them again.
    ** GAPPS need to be flashed on every update if you flash via adb sideload. Flash them as it is described above.

What's new?

** Stock vibration patterns are back
    ** App Lock from AOSP-A
    ** Neutrino Kernel updated to 4.19.183
    ** and many more....

All feedbacks are appreciated, as always.

Cheerz :)

For those who want to root their devices:

Download Magisk 21.4 zip: link HERE

** boot to recovery
    ** flash via adb sideload magisk.zip:
    ** reboot.

** Note that you HAVE to do this on every update.
    ** Safety Net is fixed on March 1 build !!!

Enjoy !!

* New Build Guys.
    * Link will be added to 2nd post too.

Download aicp_instantnoodlep_r-16.1-WEEKLY-20210304.zip from HERE

Whats new?

-- March '21 ASB merged
    -- SmartPixel feature is added - Don't forget that Permission Manager will be unaccesible when SmartPixel is enabled.
    -- QS Tile to enable/disable SmartPissels
    -- Sideload Screen is more user friendly and will provide more info about the update process.
    -- SafetyNet fixed.

All feddbacks are appreciated.
    New build guys.

You can download aicp_instantnoodlep_r-16.1-WEEKLY-20210309.zip from HERE.

-- Please test audio, calls - including whatsapp & telegram calls in all aspects..
    -- OOS Style Clear all notificaitons button added
    -- Kernel Update by Neutrino kernel dev.

Cheerz guys :)