• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11.0][UNOFFICIAL][CEPHEUS] EVOLUTION-X 5.9.3 [10/16/2021]

Search This thread

LoganDeveloper

May 25, 2016
Xiaomi Mi 9
Amazing, Sir!
I'll install it immediately to test it (as an average user). One question, was the traffic indicator fixed in this version?

If I notice something strange in this version, I will be leaving it in a future comment.
Thank you very much for your time and dedication. Greetings!
Thank you so much, I hope you'll enjoy this build 😊
Many users on other devices have the same bug, it's not device specific, but sadly it still remains

wepiotrek

Aug 15, 2021

My detailed tests results (daily usage & mobile apps development)

ROM: evolution_cepheus-V5.9.1-rq3a.210805.001.a1-08252131-unofficial (dirty install from previous one)

Problem with dialer / messages (SOLVED):​

I changed ROM to official PixelExperience for one day. Their ROMs come out as the last ones so I thought the most optimized, but even there I got problem (unconditionally system restart). So I returned to yours (the best ROM). The problem was solved by not using third-party apps to restore messages / dialer history. I used Google account to restore it instead of Titanium Backup.

Problem with wake up / locking after some time:

Problem still exists. Sometimes it is not possible to wake up device (long press power required), but sometimes there is dialog (fig. 1), but it not responding to any action.
WIN_20210902_11_07_16_Pro (2).jpg

Fig 1. bad locked dialog (with not working turn off & reboot buttons) - only reboot possible by log press power

During this dialog ADB (Android Debug Bridge) shows that device is offline (fig. 2) (when connected to authorized PC via USB). When device not connected by USB obviously is not showing on devices list. All apps stop working. It is not possible to got logs (adb logcat), kernel logs if available (adb shell su cat /proc/kmsg) or even reboot device without using power button (adb reboot). I guess this is problem with MIUI account link to the device. Into MIUI / xiaomi.eu after full cleaning all partitions I always had to connect Wi-Fi and login into my Xiaomi account. Maybe there is hardware based protection by Xiaomi. So maybe returning to MIUI / xiaomi.eu and removing MIUI account will help. I will check after Android 12 released(clean install is always a problem).

adb (2)_LI.jpg

Fig 2. ADB offline status (sorry if my shell is not readable)

edit: To be fair this problem only occurred once in this release

UI: Problems with Always On Display schedule:​

It is not possible to set Always On display schedule from sunrise to sunset (sometimes after sunset I'm sleeping and AOD may be disturbing, but at daytime it can be useful) (fig. 3).

Screenshot_20210902-121445_Settings.png

Fig 3. Always on display schedule dialog

Kernel maintenance:​

You upstreamed kernel to .244, but there is no commit on Your Github. Please push your changes if it is not a problem. Is there another repository? Can I use EcrosoftXiao's kernel without any patches to your ROM? My hobby is to compile Linux kernels (I just merge newest AOSP). I got problem with your commit "Enable Clang LTO" so I had to revert it in my local version. Maybe is something wrong with ThinLTO (not support gold linker as default). Edit: Proton Clang fails Github CI since 30 May 2021, so why nobody is using Proton Clang build forks? Maybe it's a good idea to use newer build tools.

Integrity & OTA:​

I think you should be an official Evolution X maintainer, but is there any chance for OTA (Over-Air Updates) earlier? Some ROMs got OTA cost-free (xiaomi.eu). They generate download link from sourceforge via their OTA app based on LineageOS.

I don't know that your ROMs is downloaded correctly. Can you put MD5 sum of your ROMs? It's only md5sum (rom_name).zip, but it can be useful. Or better you can add GPG signatures / keytool - in this situation i will know that everything downloaded correctly and nobody else edit your ROM (but MD5 is just OK for me).

Last edited:

LoganDeveloper

May 25, 2016
Xiaomi Mi 9

My detailed tests results (daily usage & mobile apps development)

ROM: evolution_cepheus-V5.9.1-rq3a.210805.001.a1-08252131-unofficial (dirty install from previous one)

Problem with dialer / messages (SOLVED):​

I changed ROM to official PixelExperience for one day. Their ROMs come out as the last ones so I thought the most optimized, but even there I got problem (unconditionally system restart). So I returned to yours (the best ROM). The problem was solved by not using third-party apps to restore messages / dialer history. I used Google account to restore it instead of Titanium Backup.

Problem still exists. Sometimes it is not possible to wake up device (long press power required), but sometimes there is dialog (fig. 1), but it not responding to any action.
View attachment 5399953
Fig 1. bad locked dialog (with not working turn off & reboot buttons) - only reboot possible by log press power

During this dialog ADB (Android Debug Bridge) shows that device is offline (fig. 2) (when connected to authorized PC via USB). When device not connected by USB obviously is not showing on devices list. All apps stop working. It is not possible to got logs (adb logcat), kernel logs if available (adb shell su cat /proc/kmsg) or even reboot device without using power button (adb reboot). I guess this is problem with MIUI account link to the device. Into MIUI / xiaomi.eu after full cleaning all partitions I always had to connect Wi-Fi and login into my Xiaomi account. Maybe there is hardware based protection by Xiaomi. So maybe returning to MIUI / xiaomi.eu and removing MIUI account will help. I will check after Android 12 released(clean install is always a problem).

View attachment 5399959
Fig 2. ADB offline status (sorry if my shell is not readable)

It is not possible to set Always On display schedule from sunrise to sunset (sometimes after sunset I'm sleeping and AOD may be disturbing, but at daytime it can be useful) (fig. 3).

View attachment 5399963
Fig 3. Always on display schedule dialog

You upstreamed kernel to .244, but there is no commit on Your Github. Please push your changes if it is not a problem. Is there another repository? Can I use EcrosoftXiao's kernel without any patches to your ROM? My hobby is to compile Linux kernels (I just merge newest AOSP). I got problem with your commit "Enable Clang LTO" so I had to revert it in my local version. Maybe is something wrong with ThinLTO (not support gold linker as default). Edit: Proton Clang fails Github CI since 30 May 2021, so why nobody is using Proton Clang build forks? Maybe it's a good idea to use newer build tools.

I think you should be an official Evolution X maintainer, but is there any chance for OTA (Over-Air Updates) earlier? Some ROMs got OTA cost-free (xiaomi.eu). They generate download link from sourceforge via their OTA app based on LineageOS.

I don't know that your ROMs is downloaded correctly. Can you put MD5 sum of your ROMs? It's only md5sum (rom_name).zip, but it can be useful. Or better you can add GPG signatures / keytool - in this situation i will know that everything downloaded correctly and nobody else edit your ROM (but MD5 is just OK for me).

Wow, thank you very much for this complete feedback

I am sorry that you still encounter this issue, i had it in the previous build, but i didn't encountered it anymore since i use the 08/25 one and there was no report before yours, so i thought it was fixed.

I wonder if this feature doesn't use the location to determine the sunset and sunrise time, try to enable it if it's not the case.

That's true that i didn''t published the latest changes i made in the kernel, currently i'm trying lots of different things locally, before publishing them on github. (I'm looking for possibly replacing the current kernel by this one https://github.com/zclkkk/kernel_xiaomi_sm8150, it's a very interesting project)
You should indeed be able to use the Evasion's kernel without any patch in my builds.

I don't really want to apply for being a maintainer for this moment, in case i can't make any build sometimes.
Your idea for making OTA updates is interesting, I'll think about that.
Finally, you can see the MD5 sum on sourceforge by clicking on the "info" button at the right of each build.

I hope i answered correclty to your questions ^^, thanks again for testing this build, and for this complete feedback :)

Reactions: wepiotrek

thedunk

Feb 27, 2021
I had similar problems (phone would Not wake up etc.) prior to the build of 26.08. All solved, however a new issue appeared. Since the update I lost NFC payments. :/

oshrinuri

Aug 1, 2016
Sometimes back gesture just doesn't work (or it works with delay..). The animation is shown but the action takes like 1-second delay. Additionally, fingerprint unlock when screen off does not work.
Overall I liked the ROM! :)

Last edited:

thedunk

Feb 27, 2021
Could you explain a little bit more please? Do you have an error when you try to pay? Does safetynet pass? If you use Google pay, does it meets all the requirements?
Ah sorry, yes.

I dirty flashed the update and afterwards google pay stated on next payment try, that it's not properly set up. I reinitialized google pay and tried to add my paypal account once again and now I get: "This phone can't be used to pay in stores. This may be because it is rooted or altered in some ohter way". I don't have Magisk installed or something else.
Safetynet returns "false" on the CTS profile match and Basic integrity: true.
Anything else I can try or information I can give?

Thanks for your great work! :)

LoganDeveloper

May 25, 2016
Xiaomi Mi 9
Ah sorry, yes.

I dirty flashed the update and afterwards google pay stated on next payment try, that it's not properly set up. I reinitialized google pay and tried to add my paypal account once again and now I get: "This phone can't be used to pay in stores. This may be because it is rooted or altered in some ohter way". I don't have Magisk installed or something else.
Safetynet returns "false" on the CTS profile match and Basic integrity: true.
Anything else I can try or information I can give?

Thanks for your great work! :)
It had safety net this morning, but sadly I just checked and now I have CTS profile to false too
Using magisk hide props doesn't seem to work
Maybe Google changed something in their safety net verifications

Edit: there is indeed a problem with safety net, you can try to follow the instructions detailed in this video, it worked for me

Last edited:

josehur9

Jan 23, 2012
Hi!! Very nice ROM, I have two questions, maybe i can't find it because I'm out of customs by three years...
First is.. what about fast charge, I think my phone is charging too slow.
Second... I can't see a button to close all tasks in recents.
Thank you in advance!
Good work!

bioexcel

Nov 4, 2014
very good rom but cast does not work for me

edit: It is working but i need to connect my phone to wifi but that was not the case in other Roms i have used

Last edited:

LoganDeveloper

May 25, 2016
Xiaomi Mi 9
Hi!! Very nice ROM, I have two questions, maybe i can't find it because I'm out of customs by three years...
First is.. what about fast charge, I think my phone is charging too slow.
Second... I can't see a button to close all tasks in recents.
Thank you in advance!
Good work!
The button to close all the recent tasks is available on the far left, before all the different tasks (at least if you use the gestures navigation)

For me, fast charge seems to be ok, using the official adapter

Reactions: josehur9

thedunk

Feb 27, 2021
It had safety net this morning, but sadly I just checked and now I have CTS profile to false too
Using magisk hide props doesn't seem to work
Maybe Google changed something in their safety net verifications

Edit: there is indeed a problem with safety net, you can try to follow the instructions detailed in this video, it worked for me
Sorry for getting back on this so late. The fix involves having to Install also Magisk, which I would like to avoid. So, thank you for finding the workaround, however in my case I just hope that this issue can also be solved with a future version of the ROM instead of relying in Magisk. Fingers crossed :)

In the meantime I tried my credit institution's app which turned out working nicely.

josehur9

Jan 23, 2012
The button to close all the recent tasks is available on the far left, before all the different tasks (at least if you use the gestures navigation)

For me, fast charge seems to be ok, using the official adapter
Thank you sir!! I've find the button.
My official adapter doesn't charge at all with this rom. Neither using original wire, but I can live without fast charge. I think maybe is time to replace battery.

LoganDeveloper

May 25, 2016
Xiaomi Mi 9
Changelog for latest (09/19/2021)

Warning!!! Due to the use of a whole new kernel, you might experience a drop of fps from time to time.
If you install this update, you recognize the existence of this potential issue.

This will be probably the last big update based on Android 11. I hope i'll be able to build Android 12 later this year.

Device changes:
==============================
  • New Kneip kernel used (R1.1 - Linux 4.14.246)
  • Drop pixel thermal hals (incompatible with the new kernel)
  • Safety net pass again out of the box
------------------------------
ROM changes:
  • AndroidSClocks: Beautify them
  • Disallow click to partial screenshot right after screenshot is taken
  • FOD: Use sharper fod yellow pressed icon
  • GestureNavigationSettings: Fix default values
  • SMP: Reject pairing if public_key.x match
  • Settings: Don't show fp wake unlock preference for FOD devices
  • Statusbar brightness control: fix changes not happening
  • SystemUI: Change MediaPlayer margin to Android S style
  • SystemUI: Don't show charging animation if battery is charged
  • SystemUI: Enable three icon switching within QS DND tile
  • SystemUI: Redesign Media Player View
  • SystemUI: Unblock gestural navigation on clearScreenshot()
  • SystemUI: rework status bar burn-in protection controller
  • TaskSnapshotController: avoid NPE
  • base: use a double click effect for charging if there is no amplitude control support
  • fixup! SystemUI: Show bluetooth battery level when available
  • GamingMode: Hide danmaku container immediately when config is changed
  • GamingMode: Hide floating button after periods of time
  • GamingMode: Limit the button coordinate to the inside of screen only
  • Merge September 2021 Android security patches
  • PixelPropsUtils: Do not spoof the device as a Pixel for Pixel Buds
  • PixelPropsUtils: Spoof Pixel 2 for GMS (aka SafetyNet fix)
  • PixelPropsUtils: Update to September 2021 fingerprint
  • PixelPropsUtils: add galaxy watch 4 plugin to spoof list
  • PowerUI: Mute logcat spam
  • SUPL: Don't send IMSI / Phone number to SUPL server
  • Settings: Adjust one shot auto-brightness strings
  • Settings: Allow to disable permissions hub (needs SystemUI restart)
  • Settings: Default device name to marketname if available
  • Settings: notifications: Add title for Advanced settings
  • SettingsProvider: Set device name to marketname if available
  • SystemUI: Limit Keyguard charging stats updates
  • Version: Bump to 5.9.2 Sanctuary
  • WifiApConfigStore: Use device model as default hotspot SSID
  • base: SystemUI: add delete action for partial screenshot notification
  • blur: Increase max number of render passes
  • btif: Use marketname as BT device name if available
  • sepolicy: Expose faceunlock prop for all
  • sepolicy: Expose hal1 camera list prop
  • wifi: Use marketname as hotspot SSID if available
  • Evolver: Nuke Notifications/Power menu background opacity feature
  • Evolver: Update default FOD to A12 version
  • FOD: Remove the color filter from FOD icons
  • FOD: Use the A12 fingerprint icon by default
  • Settings: Add Hotspot client manager from exTHmUI
  • Settings: Bring back 'Do not validate' option in CA certificate spinner
  • Settings: Privacy chip toggle requires SystemUI restart
  • Settings: Remove support for global cleartext penalties
  • gms: Update Calculator and Clock from A12 Beta 5
  • netd: add MAC address firewall
  • netd: fix: the order of firewallSetMACAddressRule API

Download Link: Sourceforge | EvolutionX_5.9.2

雪獒2021

Jun 7, 2021
Xiaomi Mi 8
Xiaomi Mi 9
最新更新日志 (09/19/2021)

警告!!!由于使用了全新的内核,您可能会不时遇到 fps 下降的情况。
如果您安装此更新,您就认识到存在此潜在问题。

这可能是基于 Android 11 的最后一次重大更新。我希望我能够在今年晚些时候构建 Android 12。

设备变化:
  • 使用新的 Kneip 内核(R1.1 - Linux 4.14.246)
  • Drop pixel heat hals(与新内核不兼容)
  • 安全网再次通过开箱
ROM改动:
  • AndroidSClocks:美化它们
  • 禁止在截屏后立即单击以部分截屏
  • FOD:使用更清晰的黄色按下图标
  • GestureNavigationSettings:修复默认值
  • SMP:如果 public_key.x 匹配,则拒绝配对
  • 设置:不显示 FOD 设备的 fp 唤醒解锁首选项
  • 状态栏亮度控制:修复未发生的更改
  • SystemUI:将 MediaPlayer 边距更改为 Android S 样式
  • SystemUI:如果电池已充电,则不显示充电动画
  • SystemUI:在 QS DND 磁贴内启用三个图标切换
  • SystemUI:重新设计媒体播放器视图
  • SystemUI:在 clearScreenshot() 上取消阻止手势导航
  • SystemUI:返工状态栏老化保护控制器
  • TaskSnapshotController:避免 NPE
  • 底座:如果没有幅度控制支持,则使用双击效果进行充电
  • 修理!SystemUI:可用时显示蓝牙电池电量
  • GamingMode:更改配置时立即隐藏弹幕容器
  • GamingMode:一段时间后隐藏浮动按钮
  • GamingMode:将按钮坐标限制在屏幕内部
  • 合并 2021 年 9 月 Android 安全补丁
  • PixelPropsUtils:不要将设备伪装成 Pixel Buds 的 Pixel
  • PixelPropsUtils:用于 GMS 的 Spoof Pixel 2(又名 SafetyNet 修复)
  • PixelPropsUtils:更新至 2021 年 9 月指纹
  • PixelPropsUtils:将galaxy watch 4 插件添加到恶搞列表
  • PowerUI:静音 logcat 垃圾邮件
  • SUPL:不要将 IMSI/电话号码发送到 SUPL 服务器
  • 设置:调整一次自动亮度字符串
  • 设置:允许禁用权限中心(需要重新启动 SystemUI)
  • 设置:默认设备名称为市场名称(如果可用)
  • 设置:通知:为高级设置添加标题
  • SettingsProvider:如果可用,将设备名称设置为市场名称
  • SystemUI:限制 Keyguard 充电统计更新
  • 版本:Bump to 5.9.2 Sanctuary
  • WifiApConfigStore:使用设备型号作为默认热点 SSID
  • 基础:SystemUI:为部分截图通知添加删除操作
  • 模糊:增加最大渲染通道数
  • btif:如果可用,使用市场名称作为 BT 设备名称
  • sepolicy:为所有人公开 faceunlock 道具
  • sepolicy:公开 hal1 摄像机列表道具
  • wifi:如果可用,使用市场名称作为热点 SSID
  • Evolver:Nuke 通知/电源菜单背景不透明度功能
  • Evolver:将默认 FOD 更新为 A12 版本
  • FOD:从 FOD 图标中删除滤色器
  • FOD:默认使用 A12 指纹图标
  • 设置:从 exTHmUI 添加热点客户端管理器
  • 设置:在 CA 证书微调器中恢复“不验证”选项
  • 设置:隐私芯片切换需要 SystemUI 重启
  • 设置:删除对全局明文惩罚的支持
  • gms:从 A12 Beta 5 更新计算器和时钟
  • netd:添加MAC地址防火墙
  • netd:修复:firewallSetMACAddressRule API 的顺序

下载链接:Sourceforge | EvolutionX_5.9.2
Looking forward to your Android 12 build as soon as possible, come on and look forward to you!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @LoganDeveloper Do you register some battery drain on last build too? Or is it only my problem....
    My phone battery takes about 20% per 2 hours +-

Thank you.
    Yeah, there are some issues with battery in the latest build.
    I'll do my best to fix it for A12 :)

EvoBanner.png

Evolution X 5.9.3 for the Xiaomi Mi 9 [CEPHEUS]
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is void. Or vaild, probably?
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, Ebolation X,
    * thermonuclear war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following
    * these directions. YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and if
    * you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will LMAO at you.
    */

qE4kqsj.png

Living, Breaking, Keep Evolving.
    Pixel UI, customization and more, we are Evolution X!

- Team Evolution X -
    @joeyhuab
    @peaktogoo (Now RealAkito)

Reach us on Twitter! @EvolutionXROM

RgqrlpK.png

What are our features?
    - Just flash and check "The Evolver"

n6b8AXD.png

You tell me

DO NOT FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED

u5tIlfT.png

First Time Install / Clean Flash
    1. Download the Rom Zip file for your device
    2. Reboot to Recovery
    3. Wipe Data/Cache/Dalvik/System/Vendor
    4. Flash the ROM
    5. Format Data
    6. Reboot to recovery
    7. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

Update / Dirty Flash
    1. Download the Rom Zip file for your device
    2. Reboot to Recovery
    3. Flash the ROM
    4. Wipe Cache/Dalvik
    5. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

Light Screenshots / Dark Screenshots / Download
    Official Chat / Device Support

LU9gsrQ.png

Changelog for latest (10/16/2021)

I know that i said September update would be my last build based on Android 11, but I was advised to use the Pixon Kernel, which is a fork of the Kneip Kernel. I tried it during multiple days, and it works perfectly, the previous FPS drop issue seems to be fixed.

I really thank the person who adviced me about the kernel, the creator of Kneip kernel and the creator of the fork for their work.

Device changes:
    • New Pixon kernel used (V1.0 - Linux 4.14.250)
    • FPS Drop issue fixed
    ROM changes:
    • BrightnessSynchronizer: make brightness tolerance overlay-able
    • Fix google widget timing issue
    • KeyguardSlice: Fix ticker appearing for a split second on lock screen
    • LockPatternView: Fix a11y+BiometricPrompt related OOB exception
    • Merge Android 11 October 2021 security patch
    • SamsungHighlightclock: fix updating wallpaper color when wallpaper changes
    • SystemUI: NetworkTraffic: Remove notch check
    • SystemUI: fix volume dialog position on TV
    • VolumeDialogImpl: Prevent Ringer Mode from changing by volume slider on OnePlus devices
    • apns: Update APNs for Chinese carriers
    • EdgeBackGestureHandler: use tick instead of heavy tick for back gesture
    • FODCircleView: use onTimeChanged for burn-in protection
    • Fix some haptic issues with gestural navigation
    • GamingMode: Fix danmaku container layoutParam on config changed
    • GamingMode: Fix views obscuring other window that needs interaction
    • GamingMode: Mark date/time format strings as non-translatable
    • PixelPropsUtils: Remove some packages
    • Settings: Improve A12-styled Search bar layout
    • Settings: Refactor firmware version window
    • SystemUI: Fix stuttering/jank related to media player control buttons
    • SystemUI: LyricTicker: Follow status bar padding
    • SystemUI: Reorder default QS Tiles
    • SystemUI: Ticker: Follow status bar padding
    • Evolver: Add left and right virtual buttons while typing (for old navbar layout)
    • Evolver: Add toggle for floating notification dismiss button
    • Evolver: GamingMode: Add option to disable menu overlay
    • Evolver: Launch EasterEgg activity when logo is clicked in about section
    • Evolver: Move rounded corners back to Themes category
    • Evolver: Remove toggle to disable charging animation
    • Evolver: Reorganize and add dividers
    • FOD: Adjust A12 FP icon stroke color
    • FODCircleView: Update animation position on circle showing when dreaming
    • Settings: Add our Easter Egg into our ROM version preference
    • Settings: Combine Double Tap settings into a single fragment
    • Settings: Make IME button space optional
    • Settings: Make navbar visibility tweaks more distinct
    • SystemUI: Bring back AOSP Cellular tile icon
    • SystemUI: Update battery info every second when device is charging

Download Link: Sourceforge | EvolutionX_5.9.3
    Changelog for latest (10/16/2021)

I know that i said September update would be my last build based on Android 11, but I was advised to use the Pixon Kernel, which is a fork of the Kneip Kernel. I tried it during multiple days, and it works perfectly, the previous FPS drop issue seems to be fixed.

I really thank the person who adviced me about the kernel, the creator of Kneip kernel and the creator of the fork for their work.

Device changes:
    • New Pixon kernel used (V1.0 - Linux 4.14.250)
    • FPS Drop issue fixed
    ROM changes:
    • BrightnessSynchronizer: make brightness tolerance overlay-able
    • Fix google widget timing issue
    • KeyguardSlice: Fix ticker appearing for a split second on lock screen
    • LockPatternView: Fix a11y+BiometricPrompt related OOB exception
    • Merge Android 11 October 2021 security patch
    • SamsungHighlightclock: fix updating wallpaper color when wallpaper changes
    • SystemUI: NetworkTraffic: Remove notch check
    • SystemUI: fix volume dialog position on TV
    • VolumeDialogImpl: Prevent Ringer Mode from changing by volume slider on OnePlus devices
    • apns: Update APNs for Chinese carriers
    • EdgeBackGestureHandler: use tick instead of heavy tick for back gesture
    • FODCircleView: use onTimeChanged for burn-in protection
    • Fix some haptic issues with gestural navigation
    • GamingMode: Fix danmaku container layoutParam on config changed
    • GamingMode: Fix views obscuring other window that needs interaction
    • GamingMode: Mark date/time format strings as non-translatable
    • PixelPropsUtils: Remove some packages
    • Settings: Improve A12-styled Search bar layout
    • Settings: Refactor firmware version window
    • SystemUI: Fix stuttering/jank related to media player control buttons
    • SystemUI: LyricTicker: Follow status bar padding
    • SystemUI: Reorder default QS Tiles
    • SystemUI: Ticker: Follow status bar padding
    • Evolver: Add left and right virtual buttons while typing (for old navbar layout)
    • Evolver: Add toggle for floating notification dismiss button
    • Evolver: GamingMode: Add option to disable menu overlay
    • Evolver: Launch EasterEgg activity when logo is clicked in about section
    • Evolver: Move rounded corners back to Themes category
    • Evolver: Remove toggle to disable charging animation
    • Evolver: Reorganize and add dividers
    • FOD: Adjust A12 FP icon stroke color
    • FODCircleView: Update animation position on circle showing when dreaming
    • Settings: Add our Easter Egg into our ROM version preference
    • Settings: Combine Double Tap settings into a single fragment
    • Settings: Make IME button space optional
    • Settings: Make navbar visibility tweaks more distinct
    • SystemUI: Bring back AOSP Cellular tile icon
    • SystemUI: Update battery info every second when device is charging

Download Link: Sourceforge | EvolutionX_5.9.3

I published a new build (08/10/2021)

It's just a little update, there is no change in the rom side, i just tried to optimize a little bit more the rom for cepheus and to fix some issues. Anyway, i hope that you will like it :)

here are the changes:​

• Wi-Fi connection improvements​

• Use of Vulkan as the default Skia UI rendering API instead of OpenGL​

• Kernel upstreamed to v4.14.243​

• Kernel optimization​

• Update blobs from V12.5.3.0.RFACNXM​

• Battery stats now available in the battery settings​

• Widevine L1 issue when recovered from xiaomi.eu fixed​

For the widevine L1 bug fix, i would need feedbacks as i can't test it myself, thank you 🙏

Here is the link to download it: Sourceforge | EvolutionX_5.9.1 (08/10/2021)

Really good build (customization, scrolling screenshots from Android 12 etc.). Thank you! But I got some issues:
    1) device goes to boot animation and restart when I try to install Facebook, or Messenger and verify 2FA (to get verification text message); try to check all dark themes. Something like a kernel panic?
    2) after night of charging device won't wake up (only LED was turned on). I had to reset by long press power.

Is something wrong with permissions / SEPolicy? Exceptions: com.google.android.dialer...

ROM: evolution_cepheus-V5.9.1-rq3a.210805.001.a1-08091528-unofficial (clean install)

Logs: Logcat during issue | Kernel log
    Thank you for your feedback

I wasn't able to reproduce your first problem, but it seems that the ims service crashed completely
    I got the second problem once, but in an earlier build. It seems to be quite rare, I thought it was fixed

I'll try to figure out how to fix these issues :)