• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [ROM][11.0][UNOFFICIAL] DotOS 5.1.3 [STABLE] [2021-08-10] [OTA]

Search This thread

pegasoc

Everything functions. However, the fastboot version you are talking about is older build. There's a new build with good updates but needs to be flashed on TWRP. YouTube has a lot of video that can help you with flashing a ROM from TWRP on Poco F3.

Here the link, Look for the latest build

Thanks for the clarification and download.
I will download now and then flash via TWRP.

alovelyautumn

Jul 30, 2021
Xiaomi Poco F3
Made an account to post a reply.

This is the first time I've used fastboot for a non-Xiaomi ROM, so I ran the script as usual on Powershell and met with this error:
https://hastebin.com/raw/hixuyabovi

Currently on Xiaomi.eu ROM so the device is unlocked. The consequent errors only happen when it reboots to droidontime's fastbootd (line 17-20).

Edit: using the latest build found on MEGA which is 20210728-1426

REDOTHELLO

Sep 29, 2013
Matrix
Made an account to post a reply.

This is the first time I've used fastboot for a non-Xiaomi ROM, so I ran the script as usual on Powershell and met with this error:
https://hastebin.com/raw/hixuyabovi

Currently on Xiaomi.eu ROM so the device is unlocked. The consequent errors only happen when it reboots to droidontime's fastbootd (line 17-20).

Edit: using the latest build found on MEGA which is 20210728-1426
use fastboot 25/07 latest have error and not need powershell just double click on script

alovelyautumn

Jul 30, 2021
Xiaomi Poco F3
use fastboot 25/07 latest have error and not need powershell just double click on script
Thank you for the reply!
The fastboot version definitely needs more love. I am currently running the latest build via TWRP though. Also, I am using Powershell to see and paste the errors I linked to.

I hope that this gets actively maintained, as I will also support any way I can. I may use it as a daily driver and post my findings here.

alovelyautumn

Jul 30, 2021
Xiaomi Poco F3
Ahahah. Moving from roms to roms is a pain. Have to flash stock miui everytime. It would he very nice if you(or anyone) could tell me more about it 😅
I'm playing Genshin Impact on it, and it's not very good with very inconsistent frame time and common frame stutters.

As for the touch response input, it seems fine though I'm not sure if it really is. In thermal profiles, it displays 180Hz but no sign of 360Hz. Not much of a difference either, but it might be that it's using 360Hz system-wide.

I don't have any data for reference points for an actual comparison, but if responsivity and game performance is what you're looking for then MIUI will perform better at this time of writing. Not really much of a point in using custom ROMs for game performance nowadays IMO, but I hope that the frame time issues are fixed. @maytinhdibo

Though outside of playing games, everything seems very good except for the very sensitive auto-brightness. Even proximity "sensor" works pretty well.

Last edited:

REDOTHELLO

Sep 29, 2013
Matrix
I'm playing Genshin Impact on it, and it's not very good with very inconsistent frame time and common frame stutters.

As for the touch response input, it seems fine though I'm not sure if it really is. In thermal profiles, it displays 180Hz but no sign of 360Hz. Not much of a difference either, but it might be that it's using 360Hz system-wide.

I don't have any data for reference points for an actual comparison, but if responsivity and game performance is what you're looking for then MIUI will perform much better no matter what. Not really much of a point in using custom ROMs for game performance nowadays IMO, but I hope that the frame time issues are fixed. @maytinhdibo
If you are gaming genshin impact and use 360Hz system-wide the only Rom for you
Is stock Rom with poco launcher I do not advise you to unlock bootloader

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just seen new update for DotOS, any chance this ROM will be updated, I know its unofficial but DotOS 5.2 looks interesting!
    "#DroidOnTime"

ROM Version:

Device: * alioth/aliothin *

Maintainer: *maytinhdibo*

Build Status: Unofficial
    dotOS-5-githubBanner.png
    * Your warranty is now void.

* We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.

* You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

Installation instructions:
    Recommend use TWRP and sideload.

WHAT WORKS?
    • Almost everything
    • Camera
    • [NEW] Pocketmode with deep sleep
    • [NEW] Smooth and inertia scrolling

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • You tell me
    Gapps: included
    Changelog

DOWNLOADS & SCREENSHOTS

Telegram: Channel
    Donate: Paypal (International) or Momo, Zalopay, ShopeePay (Vietnamese)

DEVICE TREE SOURCE: thanks to SukeeratSG
    KERNEL SOURCE: https://github.com/GZR-Kernels/Optimus_Drunk_Alioth
    ROM OS Version: Android 11
    [02.08.2021]
    =====Devices=====
    Improved audio like MIUI 12.5.2
    Added Google Sans wide-system font theme (Anh Khoa request)
    Fixed dotOS lockscreen statusbar position (Vitor Anthero request)
    Set default network is LTE (for first install) and make network better for battery life
    [01.08.2021] DotOS 5.1.2
    =====Devices=====
    Bump up max brightness to 150%
    Fix some crash event
    Fixed NFC
    Fixed QS power button
    Fixed UI/UX of dotOS 5.1.2 makes the device more look like A12.
    Fix status bar on lock screen position
    Removed unused QS tile
    More stability
    [05.08.2021] DotOS 5.1.3
    =====Devices=====
    Improve double tap to wake sensitivity (Jorge and Wilker request)
    Enable blur background (so beautiful) (Mozilla Firedoge request)
    =====Kernel=====
    Switch to Optimus Drunk v11.10
    Upstreamed to 4.19.201
    Updated touchscreen firmware to MIUI 21.4.21
    Some other small fixes
    Fixed brightness issues with ambient display