" #DroidOnTime "

ROM Version: 5.1.3
Device: odessa
Maintainer: BarryBlackCat
Build Status: UNOFFICIAL

banner_discl.png

Code:
* Your warranty is now void.
* We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.
* You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user-friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration.."

banner_about.png

dotOS is an Android ROM that focuses on performance, stability, and User Experience. We focus on making our rom look and feel great without struggling on Performance and Battery! So that one can get the most out of your device.....

banner_inst.png

CLEAN FLASH/First Time Installation :

Download the latest build (Both Vanilla [Non-gapps] and Gapps builds are available)
First Make sure recovery is installed. (LineageOS recovery works fine as of now)
Reboot to recovery
Make nandroid backup (Not Necessary, but just in case if you lost somewhere)
Perform Factory Reset/Format
Choose - Apply update from ADB
then sideload the lastest build - adb sideload latest-Build.zip
package sideloads till 47% and you can skip Signature verification.
Reboot to System

DIRTY FLASH :
Download the latest build
Reboot to recovery
Flash the latest build
Wipe Cache
Reboot

Note: GApps only has to be flashed once whereas Magisk/Su is to be flashed every time you Dirty Flash the OTA Update.

banner_downlods.png

Google Drive: GAPPS | Vanilla

banner_features.png

Complete Changelogs: https://changelogs.droidontime.com/

banner_credits.png

AOSP
Lineage OS
Pixel Experience
Dirty Unicorns

And all other open-source Devs/Teams.

banner_team.png

Mohan CM - Founder/Core Developer
Iacob Ionut - UI, UX Developer/ Core Developer
Sipun Kumar - Developer/Maintainer

Special thanks:
Manish Bajpai
- Web Developer

Important Links

If you liked our Project, please consider supporting us. - Donate - https://www.paypal.me/MOHANCM

dot OS source

dotOS-Device Sources
telegram.png

Telegram Group
Telegram Channel

Telegram Group for Odessa

web.png

Website

REPORTING BUGS !

As soon as the problem occurs, take a LOGCAT!

for more READ THIS

and do not forget to send it to us 😜

header_logo_50.png

Contributors: Big Thanks to @erfanoabdi and @RohanHasabe8 for their amazing working on trees.
Source Code: https://github.com/DotOS
Kernel Source: - https://github.com/BarryBlackCat/android_kernel_motorola_sm6150
ROM OS Version: 11.x Android R

Version Information
STABLE
Current Stable Version: v5.2.1
Stable Release Date: 20-12-2021

Last edited:

Stasyandr563

Nov 6, 2021
Moto camera app is crashing constantly after updating it via Google store. Google camera port is more stable but crashes if it's opened from other app. Should I use other version of stock camera or other port of Gcam? Or there's some other solution?

sinho_robo

Sep 5, 2012
Hello friend, do you intend to keep this rom up to date? Because I've used it and I like it a lot, but I didn't want to root my device and then see that the rom won't be updated

Reactions: christjeam

BarryBlackCat

Apr 19, 2019
São Paulo
Hello friend, do you intend to keep this rom up to date? Because I've used it and I like it a lot, but I didn't want to root my device and then see that the rom won't be updated
Yes, that's the idea.

What a great rom, theres some bugs but works well. I hope you keep working on it and release the official!!
Thanks! what bugs did you find? And yes, i'll gonna for official but only in Android 12 (next year I guess). Still waiting for qcom to fix second sim in Android 12.

sinho_robo

Sep 5, 2012
I've been using it for 1 week and the songs when I use a wired phone are distorted, they drop the pitch at some point and the voices are very low...
Has anyone else had this problem?

Stasyandr563

Nov 6, 2021
Yes, that's the idea.

Thanks! what bugs did you find? And yes, i'll gonna for official but only in Android 12 (next year I guess). Still waiting for qcom to fix second sim in Android 12.
oh, that means soon enough we'll get a new version which is both A12 and official? what a great news :)

btw, I've been using it for three weeks. there are some bugs like system UI crashing. most of the times it happens it relaunches by itself. though sometimes I have to reboot the device. and I also think there's a big with the 'default dot' lock screen watch. it's so big that it doesn't fit sometimes. (as in the screenshot)

anyway, those are minor bugs for me and I am generally happy with that ROM :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211125-014808.png
    Screenshot_20211125-014808.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 152

sinho_robo

Sep 5, 2012
I've been using it for 1 week and the songs when I use a wired phone are distorted, they drop the pitch at some point and the voices are very low...
Has anyone else had this problem?

One more bug, it charge normal and doesn't do anything notifies me that "Plugged in, can't charge right now".
I'm really enjoying the rom, but I wanted to know from the developer about these 2 bugs..

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-11-25 at 23.02.51.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-11-25 at 23.02.51.jpeg
    36.8 KB · Views: 110
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-11-25 at 23.02.50.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-11-25 at 23.02.50.jpeg
    35.2 KB · Views: 110

Jedex234

Nov 27, 2021
someone knows how to fix the error that the charger connects and disconnects, in motorola g9 plus

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm better, thx. I didn't see that charging notification bug, looks like rom side bug (probably fixed in this updated)

I'm back to work on kernel today, re-doing from scratch again using ACK as base and merging motorola stuff (I was using mochi kernel as base).
    That's great news! Congrats man! Would it be too much trouble to integrate the "adaptive performance/app forecast" feature that is in the stock A11 ROM in this one? In my experience, when it comes to stune boost. It seems like values over 10 are overkill for this soc. If you can incorporate zygote preforking in the build would be great. It really does a lot in terms of app loading performance. One last thing .... Using a minimum CPU freq. Of 1248 for small and 1324 or 1555 for Big cores makes a pretty big difference also.

These are just a couple of thoughts/suggestions that I have found to be beneficial for me using this device.

Well BBC, thanks for all the work you've put in and continue to do. Let me know if you need a guinea pig for anything.

Edit: Sorry, I see zygote preforking was incorporated in v1

Take care man.
    dotOS_banner-5.0.png

" #DroidOnTime "

ROM Version: 5.1.3
    Device: odessa
    Maintainer: BarryBlackCat
    Build Status: UNOFFICIAL

banner_discl.png

Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.
    * You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user-friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration.."

banner_about.png

dotOS is an Android ROM that focuses on performance, stability, and User Experience. We focus on making our rom look and feel great without struggling on Performance and Battery! So that one can get the most out of your device.....

banner_inst.png

CLEAN FLASH/First Time Installation :

Download the latest build (Both Vanilla [Non-gapps] and Gapps builds are available)
    First Make sure recovery is installed. (LineageOS recovery works fine as of now)
    Reboot to recovery
    Make nandroid backup (Not Necessary, but just in case if you lost somewhere)
    Perform Factory Reset/Format
    Choose - Apply update from ADB
    then sideload the lastest build - adb sideload latest-Build.zip
    package sideloads till 47% and you can skip Signature verification.
    Reboot to System

DIRTY FLASH :
    Download the latest build
    Reboot to recovery
    Flash the latest build
    Wipe Cache
    Reboot

Note: GApps only has to be flashed once whereas Magisk/Su is to be flashed every time you Dirty Flash the OTA Update.

banner_downlods.png

Google Drive: GAPPS | Vanilla

banner_features.png

Complete Changelogs: https://changelogs.droidontime.com/

banner_credits.png

AOSP
    Lineage OS
    Pixel Experience
    Dirty Unicorns

And all other open-source Devs/Teams.

banner_team.png

Mohan CM - Founder/Core Developer
    Iacob Ionut - UI, UX Developer/ Core Developer
    Sipun Kumar - Developer/Maintainer

Special thanks:
    Manish Bajpai
    - Web Developer

Important Links

If you liked our Project, please consider supporting us. - Donate - https://www.paypal.me/MOHANCM

dot OS source

dotOS-Device Sources
    telegram.png

Telegram Group
    Telegram Channel

Telegram Group for Odessa

web.png

Website

REPORTING BUGS !

As soon as the problem occurs, take a LOGCAT!

for more READ THIS

and do not forget to send it to us 😜

header_logo_50.png

Contributors: Big Thanks to @erfanoabdi and @RohanHasabe8 for their amazing working on trees.
    Source Code: https://github.com/DotOS
    Kernel Source: - https://github.com/BarryBlackCat/android_kernel_motorola_sm6150
    ROM OS Version: 11.x Android R

Version Information
    STABLE
    Current Stable Version: v5.2.1
    Stable Release Date: 20-12-2021
    been using this for a while now....
    fully stable
    no bugs
    great Rom
    :love::love:
    Moto camera app is crashing constantly after updating it via Google store. Google camera port is more stable but crashes if it's opened from other app. Should I use other version of stock camera or other port of Gcam? Or there's some other solution?
    just uninstall updates from playstore...it will work
    You're working on an A11 custom kernel? Or a kernel that will work with A12 ROMs? Either way, that's rad AF!

I have been asking, begging, even offering my body(jk) or to pay some dev friends to build a custom kernel for Odessa. So far no luck tho. I did of course try my own hand at it, with very little success. If any. So needless to say ... You my good man are my HERO!

I can only speak for myself here, but if it is indeed a full featured A11 or A12 custom kernel you're working on. I would be more than happy to buy you a case of "coffee" to show my appreciation for your hard work, and dedication. I only hope that others that feel the same way as I, follow my lead. After all "coffee" makes the world go round.
    Yes I am working kernel. It's fully upstreamed (4.14.258 atm) with ACK merged in, latest caf tags and some performance improvements. Probably gonna release this as beta today. It has SLMK, Polly and ThinLTO optmizations, compiled with azure clang 14 (note sure about azure clang, maybe i'll change to gcc eva) and others improvements.
    I can't promise anything because I'm still learning about Linux/Android Kernel and it's complicated and demand so much time but i'm trying and so far I have good results :)