Feb 11, 2015
Kaohsiung

Code:
 * Your warranty is now void.
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
*/
Introduction
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Bugs

What's working:

• Boot
  • Audio Playback
  • Camera/Camcorder
  • DT2W
  • RIL (LTE/CALL/SMS)
  • WiFi
  • Hotspot
  • Bluetooth
  • GNSS GPS
  • NFC (Tested on single sim E8 with PN547 chip, Please let me know if it's working on yours)
  • USB (ADB)
  • Sensors
  • Touch

What's not working:
  • FM Radio
  • Hardware Encryption
  • SELinux is Permissive
  • You tell me.

Installation instructions

• Download the zip(s).
  • Install a compatible Recovery
  • Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
  • Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
  • Flash ROM.
  • Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Supported models:

Single SIM : htc_mecwhl,htc_mectl,htc_mecul,htc_mecul_emea
Dual SIM : htc_mecdug,htc_mecdugl,htc_mecdwg,htc_mecdwgl

Downloads
Recovery : Unofficial E8 TWRP (Support decryption, MTP: broken)
Gapps : Open Gapps Arm 11.0
BiTGApps 11.0
Rom :
Single SIM Variants
Dual SIM Variants

Sources
Device Trees
Kernel Trees
Vendor Trees

Donate
DONATE To Me

Big Thanks
  • LineageOS Team.
  • @RavnPW for his contribution on E8 sources, especially vendor blobs and kernel change.
  • All M8/MSM8974 contributors.

I don't have this device, just build it with my latest changes for E8 users

Last edited:

tarkzim

Recognized Developer
Feb 11, 2015
Kaohsiung
Changelogs

2021/02/14
  • Fixed NFC issues on some variant of previous builds.
2021/02/09
  • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r29 with February security patches.
  • Upstream updates and fixes.
  • Updated sdFAT drivers to fix exFAT SDCard issues.
  • Minor updates.

2021/01/13
  • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r27 with January security patches.
  • LineageOS features updates.
  • Bring back Snap camera.
  • Minor updates.

2020/12/27
  • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r19 with December security patches.
  • Updated to LineageOS 18.1.
  • Fixed Lockscreen settings.
  • Optimized performances.

2020/11/11
  • Initial release of LineageOS 18.0 for E8/E8D.
  • With Android 11.0.0_r17 November security patches.

Last edited:

gugepr

Sep 8, 2017
Tested on e8d.
My e8d( m8sw) no signal , phone app broken. His device code only support set_ro_build_prop(source, "fingerprint", "htc/htccn_chs_cu/htc_mecdug:5.0.2/LRX22G/506306.3:user/release-keys"), but mine is 6.0.
Clearly, this build has so many bugs, that battery runs out quickly with very very hot temperature.
It will broke device patitations, that i can't boot into recovery, also flashed his e8's twrp 3.4 recovery. That means, once flashed this rom, then can't boot into recovery. I used fastboot to earse boot&recovery patitation ,reflashed other rom's boot.img&official twrp 3.3 ,then can enter recovery and flashed other roms.
And i think the builder hasn't checked device code yet. It told
Supported models:Single SIM : htc_mecwhl,htc_mectl,htc_mecul,htc_mecul_emea
Dual SIM : htc_mecdug,htc_mecdugl,htc_mecdwg,htc_mecdwgl .But in his github device codes, e8 only support htc_mecul (htc_asia_tw :6.0.1 ) e8d only support htc_mecdug ( htccn_chs_cu :5.0.2 ).
don't waste you time and run risk to damage your device.

Last edited by a moderator:

tarkzim

Recognized Developer
Feb 11, 2015
Kaohsiung
Tested on e8d.
My e8d( m8sw) no signal , phone app broken. His device code only support set_ro_build_prop(source, "fingerprint", "htc/htccn_chs_cu/htc_mecdug:5.0.2/LRX22G/506306.3:user/release-keys"), but mine is 6.0.
Clearly, this build has so many bugs, that battery runs out quickly with very very hot temperature.
It will broke device patitations, that i can't boot into recovery, also flashed his e8's twrp 3.4 recovery. That means, once flashed this rom, then can't boot into recovery. I used fastboot to earse boot&recovery patitation ,reflashed other rom's boot.img&official twrp 3.3 ,then can enter recovery and flashed other roms.
And i think the builder hasn't checked device code yet. It told
Supported models:Single SIM : htc_mecwhl,htc_mectl,htc_mecul,htc_mecul_emea
Dual SIM : htc_mecdug,htc_mecdugl,htc_mecdwg,htc_mecdwgl .But in his github device codes, e8 only support htc_mecul (htc_asia_tw :6.0.1 ) e8d only support htc_mecdug ( htccn_chs_cu :5.0.2 ).
You are totally wrong bro,

Code:
set_ro_build_prop(source, "fingerprint", "htc/htccn_chs_cu/htc_mecdug:5.0.2/LRX22G/506306.3:user/release-keys
That was just setting your properties, not the ROM supporting models, actually it did support most of the single and dual sim variant, make sure you did everything right and have the correct firmware.

This is very rude, why don't you make your own ROM?

And i think the builder hasn't checked device code yet
This is completely wrong lol, that's init scripts not the actual supporting device models.

Reactions: Golv

gugepr

Sep 8, 2017
I just tell what i found, no lie. We trusted you, flashed your ROM,then got such result.
1. Yeah, which devices can be supported should be defined in BoardConfig.mk, not init_e8.cpp. But without right properties, then can't recognize phone's baseband .I haven't tested your lineage 17.1, but guess the same, no signal phone stopping, someone already reported.
2. So hot and can't boot into recovery once flashed ROM, should be kernel's problem. I uses fastboot to earse recovery partition & reflashed other boot.img and twrp 3.3 ,then can boot into recovery again. I also can't flash RUU in previous status.
3. It's so hard to build rom for e8 now, we all knew that.But errors are there, clearly not have been fully check codes & tested on devices, may damage device.

So why we should trust you? Maybe it can runs well in some devices , but you should not tell it can support devices that you haven't tested yet.
Once supported , it should be working smoothly & no big errors , but not like your builds.

(⊙_⊙)

Jul 21, 2020
new build released

• Updated to Android 11.0.0_r19 with December security patches.
  • Updated to LineageOS 18.1.
  • Fixed Lockscreen settings.
  • Optimized performances.
Tried to download.
But i have an issue. It says 400+ Mb.
When i download, its shows only 125. Tried a few mirrors. Same result.

Upd. Single sim downloaded properly. 455
Dont know whats wrong with Ds

Jan7: so the theme is dead or smthg

Last edited:

(⊙_⊙)

Jul 21, 2020
New build released
  • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r27 with January security patches.
  • Bring back Snap camera.
  • Minor updates.
I have this on 17.1 too:
After installation it works fine. Performance is ok.
I dont know is this related to lockscreen or playback. Maybe something else. But this example works for me, if i play a song and lock/unlock phone a few times in a row. After unlocking phone is freezed for 2 sec, sometimes more. Lock/unlock/ freezed again.
And 2 things i notice. Nfc option in gray. So i cant even on/off (dual sim).
And there are no performance settings. Just extreme power saving.
Maybe its just me.
Sorry for my English btw. And thanks for your work.

And i clean installed and record for better understanding what im talking about. 3 times lock/unlock with no problem. Then go to music and this is what happening. Its not everytime like this. But something causing this lag.

Attachments

Last edited:

tarkzim

Recognized Developer
Feb 11, 2015
Kaohsiung
I have this on 17.1 too:
After installation it works fine. Performance is ok.
I dont know is this related to lockscreen or playback. Maybe something else. But this example works for me, if i play a song and lock/unlock phone a few times in a row. After unlocking phone is freezed for 2 sec, sometimes more. Lock/unlock/ freezed again.
And 2 things i notice. Nfc option in gray. So i cant even on/off (dual sim).
And there are no performance settings. Just extreme power saving.
Maybe its just me.
Sorry for my English btw. And thanks for your work.

And i clean installed and record for better understanding what im talking about. 3 times lock/unlock with no problem. Then go to music and this is what happening. Its not everytime like this. But something causing this lag.
I can't ensure that performance is good enough on such an old device, but regarding NFC issues,
can you give me your detail information of your variant? like CID or original model and it would be
nicer to have a stock rom backup or RUU of your variant, thanks!

(⊙_⊙)

Jul 21, 2020
I can't ensure that performance is good enough on such an old device, but regarding NFC issues,
can you give me your detail information of your variant? like CID or original model and it would be
nicer to have a stock rom backup or RUU of your variant, thanks!
sorry. my touchscreen died a few days ago. rip htc. so i cant do anything with my phone. now im using another.

if u still need this, ruu name was:
0PAJIMG_M8_ACE_DUGL_M60_SENSE70_MR_HTC_Europe_3.07.401.1_R1

tarkzim

Recognized Developer
Feb 11, 2015
Kaohsiung
sorry. my touchscreen died a few days ago. rip htc. so i cant do anything with my phone. now im using another.

if u still need this, ruu name was:
0PAJIMG_M8_ACE_DUGL_M60_SENSE70_MR_HTC_Europe_3.07.401.1_R1
Oops, i know the reason of NFC issues.
I forgot to apply my own patches to sources, will rebuild and upload new builds.