Development [ROM][11.0][UNOFFICIAL] [DISCONTINUED] Lineage OS 18.1 for Redmi Note 10 (mojito / sunny)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ChristianWS

Sep 6, 2016
Moto G
Redmi Note 10
Sorry for bothering, but I'm thinking about buying this phone(current one is a Moto G 2013) and decided to check how's the development of custom roms going, and I'm kinda confused by what this mean:

You can't. Our device doesn't allow post installation modules like gapps. I tried, so shipping with gapps is the only way here.

Like, is this a limitation because the phone is too recent and there isn 't 100% support for TWRP/Custom Roms, or is this because Xiaomi did something stupid while designing the phone?

The same questions applies for why you said it would be difficult to make the ROM Official

MPK99

Sorry for bothering, but I'm thinking about buying this phone(current one is a Moto G 2013) and decided to check how's the development of custom roms going, and I'm kinda confused by what this mean:

Like, is this a limitation because the phone is too recent and there isn 't 100% support for TWRP/Custom Roms, or is this because Xiaomi did something stupid while designing the phone?

The same questions applies for why you said it would be difficult to make the ROM Official
It's the limitation of A/B partitioning & offcourse, TWRP is still in alpha, bcaz TWRP is yet to release A11 codebase....Nebrassy did a great job building TWRP without it.

Officializing the ROM is difficult only for Lineage.
I already made crDroid official, u can check in it's thread.

Anish Louis

May 25, 2021
Redmi Note 10
Yeah. Cr droid is an amazing os. imho its better than pe. 😁. Only drawback is the video recording bug. Hope it will be resolved soon. Can anyone explain y the bug exits in all of the custom rom. I tried almost all roms. Just curious to know.😊

ChristianWS

Sep 6, 2016
Moto G
Redmi Note 10
It's the limitation of A/B partitioning & offcourse, TWRP is still in alpha, bcaz TWRP is yet to release A11 codebase....Nebrassy did a great job building TWRP without it.

Officializing the ROM is difficult only for Lineage.
I already made crDroid official, u can check in it's thread.
It's a limitation that will never be lifted? I'm unfamiliar with how things are going right now in terms of custom roms(again, I still use a 2013 phone), but it appears that LineageOS is officially supported on some A/B Devices(and I've found mentions of flashing Magisk on them), so is it fair to assume that eventually the Redmi Note 10 will receive official support AND be able to support flashing of post installation modules, like OpenGAPPS/Magisk(or whatever is relevant in the future)?

Last edited:

Zirila

Jul 31, 2015
It's a limitation that will never be lifted? I'm unfamiliar with how things are going right now in terms of custom roms(again, I still use a 2013 phone), but it appears that LineageOS is officially supported on some A/B Devices(and I've found mentions of flashing Magisk on them), so is it fair to assume that eventually the Redmi Note 10 will receive official support AND be able to support flashing of post intalation modules, like OpenGAPPS/Magisk(or whatever is relevant in the future)?
a/b partitioning isn't a limitation, that's just misleading. a/b partitioning is rather something new that rom and tool developers have to adjust to. the beginning is always difficult. but if devs have learned how to use it and what it does it could actually be beneficial for development.

I recommend reading this excellent summup from XDA regarding a/b partitioning, so you understand what's happening in the background. it is also important to understand if you want to flash custom roms, due to the lack of recovery partitions and how OTAs (will maybe) work in the future:
https://www.xda-developers.com/how-...ess-updates-affect-custom-development-on-xda/

a/b partitions is the future default everywhere, it's just a matter of time until the community has learned how things are done then.

Reactions: ChristianWS

ups2k

May 7, 2016
Kazan
VANILLA Lineage 2021-06-12 is not VANILLA, GAPPS inside. Snap camera is absent. Gallery2 is absent. There are third-party APKs. The author, I respect your work, but why you are doing this is unclear. LineageOS is so good that she is clean. No need to add anything extraneous or remove anything. Who needs GAPPs uses PE and others ROMs.

MPK99

VANILLA Lineage 2021-06-12 is not VANILLA, GAPPS inside. Snap camera is absent. Gallery2 is absent. There are third-party APKs. The author, I respect your work, but why you are doing this is unclear. LineageOS is so good that she is clean. No need to add anything extraneous or remove anything. Who needs GAPPs uses PE and others ROMs.
Sorry for the inconvenience. It was a mistake (uploaded gapps as vanilla). I re-uploaded it.

Reactions: ups2k

Zirila

Jul 31, 2015
whith this lineageOS build, USB Debugging is *always* automatically turned on when rebooting. there is no way to disable it. is this kind of a development build?
I'm concerned this is a security risk when you don't know that it's always enabled after rebooting.

i also found this thread for further information:

Zirila

Jul 31, 2015
@MPK99 is this kind of a debug build? I tried everything, esp. the ro.debugging and persist.sys(/vendor).usb.config props to disable usb debugging on reboot, but nothing workds.

even with developer options disabled, usb debugging gets re-enabled on every restart.

is ist possible to make a build that doesn't have this behaviour?

MPK99

@MPK99 is this kind of a debug build? I tried everything, esp. the ro.debugging and persist.sys(/vendor).usb.config props to disable usb debugging on reboot, but nothing workds.

even with developer options disabled, usb debugging gets re-enabled on every restart.

is ist possible to make a build that doesn't have this behaviour?
It's userdebug. I'll look into this prob.

gnomiik

Jun 7, 2021
Anyway to boost the headset and speaker volume in this rom? Could be root method, that is fine with me. I find the volume in this rom to be a little quieter than MIUI stock, PE+, and crDroid. Thanks in advance.

By the way, I like this rom a lot and prefer it over the others for it's stability and battery life. My only suggestion besides the volume boost is to also enable adding columns / rows to the quick settings tiles.

Thank you.

StaryMuz

Dec 27, 2012
... My only suggestion besides the volume boost is to also enable adding columns / rows to the quick settings tiles.
Lineage OS is already a stable system and does what it does.
It is not possible to add and change features on demand, then it would not be Lineage OS anymore, but for example crDroid (a Lineage OS extension).
But you have the option to add an extension using another launcher, or perhaps Gravitybox (Xposed).

gnomiik

Jun 7, 2021
Well, what about the volume then? Many have stated in this forum on other devices as well that LOS tends to have lower volume compared to stock for some unknown reason. Wouldn't it make sense to be able to at least match the stock volume?

StaryMuz

Dec 27, 2012
The factory firmware can use a booster for its phones to boost the sound if the basic Android system volume doesn't suit it. It doesn't necessarily mean that the system has the wrong sound setup at all. But the question is what sound booster options can be used for Lineage OS. I have no suitable information in this regard.

rien333

Dec 29, 2019
Some tutorials on how to install this ROM state that you'll need a Mi account to do so (and also that you need to wait two weeks for the "official" unlock process to succeed!) Some settings in the "developer options" section also require a Mi account.

My question, then, is if I actually need such an account. The installation instructions at the beginning of this thread don't mention anything about this, so I'm guessing such an account is not strictly required. Furthermore, I also wonder if you're actually required to use official xiaomi tools to get the phone "ROM ready" (as the tutorial above describes), or if you can just use fairly standard tools and procedures (e.g. adb + twrp or whatever) to install this rom.

Thanks!

zamiboi I

Jun 22, 2021
Hello, Thank you for your work. I was wondering If I could flash my own gapps? I just need ok google functionality to work but it doesn't work if its not a system app (like PE rom for me). I just have a lot of home automation buttons and on PE it doesnt work. I havent been in the custom rom scene for a while so I was wondering if anything regarding gapps changes such as open gapps etc?

zamiboi I

Jun 22, 2021
Some tutorials on how to install this ROM state that you'll need a Mi account to do so (and also that you need to wait two weeks for the "official" unlock process to succeed!) Some settings in the "developer options" section also require a Mi account.

My question, then, is if I actually need such an account. The installation instructions at the beginning of this thread don't mention anything about this, so I'm guessing such an account is not strictly required. Furthermore, I also wonder if you're actually required to use official xiaomi tools to get the phone "ROM ready" (as the tutorial above describes), or if you can just use fairly standard tools and procedures (e.g. adb + twrp or whatever) to install this rom.

Thanks!
I think that process is only for unlocking your bootloader. I had to do it before flashing any roms. It took 7 days. Then you can flash any recovery or rom after that. and for that you do need a MI account and sim inserted in the phone. After my bootloader unlock request i took the sim out and used my other phone lol. but you can still go about using it normally day to day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1633823826022.png

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Downloads :

Note :

• SafetyNet will fail.
    GCam recommended. No issues with Ultrawide & Macro
    • If you guys experience spoofing issues, try Spoof magisk module.

Installation:
    • Sideload / Flash
    • Reboot to Recovery
    • Format (optional)

or Install through Fastboot

CURRENT KNOWN ISSUES :
    - Safety Net

Reporting Bugs :
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)

XDA::)evDB Information
    [ROM][11.0][UNOFFICIAL] Lineage OS 18.1 for Redmi Note 10 (mojito / sunny)
    Source Code:
    https://github.com/LineageOS
    Kernel Source Tree: https://github.com/Neternels/android_kernel_xiaomi_mojito
    ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: 4.14.206
    Security patch level: September 2021

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2021-06-01
    Last Updated 2021-10-01

👍SMASH THE LIKE & SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION👍
    Update: I'm no longer available to provide any updates, because builds were just a hobby, beside my routine work. I'd suggest either wait for someone to continue building LineageOS, or migrate to any another stable rom. Apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you.
    Regards,
    Prince Cooper

Changelog (01/10/21):
    • Fixed Spoofing on microg variant
    • QS size set to 2x4
    • Fixed Slow charging
    • Fixed camera color shift
    • Moved to Lineage Recovery
    • Allow all filesystems for USB-OTG
    • Don't check prox before pulsing

Changelog (26/09/21):
    • Included OrangeFox Recovery
    • Smarter decisions on whether to use 2/5Ghz AP
    • Disabled wifi firmware logging
    • Disabled NUD failure occurs logging
    • Fixed whatsapp mic delay or crashes
    • Improved overall system performance

Changelog (23/09/21):
    • Moved to armv8-2a
    • Added BatteryHealth & Charge Cycle
    • Added Auto Call Record
    • Added Dirac Enhancer
    • Added camera cutout ring like memeui
    • Added main display cutout overlays
    • Updated device cutout corners
    • Fixed wifi display cast
    • Updated brightness overlay configs
    • Bring back full stack of audio ACDB
    • Removed virtual framebuffer cmdline
    • Set voice call volume steps to 10
    • Addressed more sepolicy rules
    • Fixed thermal crash

Changelog (21/07/21):
    • Dropped gapps variant
    • Switched to User builds
    • Increased system partition's size
    • Included TWRP 3.5.2
    • Set props for Rounded Gboard(If you install Gboard)
    • Setup required props for userspace LMKD
    • Switched Skia rendering backend to Vulkan
    • Enabled force triple frame buffers
    • Added bluetooth aptX blobs from redfin

Changelog (30/06/21):
    • Initial Build
    • Fixed flashing of libs for ANX
    • Tweaked qs panel a bit

Changelog (12/06/21):
    • Removed addons (simple calendar, mix, gboard, etc)
    • Included Audio FX

Changelog (01/06/21):
    • Initial build
    • Replaced native apps with lighter ones
    • MiX & Terminal included
    Update: I'm no longer available to provide any updates, because building android was just a hobby, beside my routine work. I'd suggest either wait for someone to continue building LineageOS, or migrate to any another stable rom. Apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you.
    Regards,
    Prince Cooper
    Changelog (23/09/21):
    • Moved to armv8-2a
    • Added BatteryHealth & Charge Cycle
    • Added Auto Call Record
    • Added Dirac Enhancer
    • Added camera cutout ring like memeui
    • Added main display cutout overlays
    • Updated device cutout corners
    • Fixed wifi display cast