[ROM][11.0][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Unihertz Atom L and XL [Alpha] [2024-02-18]

Should the OTA update feature be enabled in the next build?

• Yes, I'll overlook the montly updates otherwise.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, I don't have enough mobile data for a montly update cycle.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

SepticFuddy

Oct 3, 2019
Flashing from the bootloader would rule out twrp as a source of errors.

Let me guess: The animated lineage logo shows up but never stops?
I use opengapps and I had the very same problem. It took me quite some time to figure this out. I don't know if it is related to A11 or anything else but Velvet (googlequicksearchbox) needs two new permissions which are not in the standard release of gapps.
https://github.com/ADeadTrousers/an...0001-Add-missing-permissions-for-Velvet.patch
As the last update of opengapps was 2 month ago they should already have noticed and fixed that by now but the whole project seems a little bit dorment lately.
I don't know the current state on microG for that matter.
If you tried to flash without wiping data and you previously (in LOS 17.1) had debugging activated you would be able to do a logcat to see if you are affected by this. It should even be possible to use adb to modify the permissons during the boot phase.

EDIT: Maybe there is a fix for that from microG then you'd need to update microG alongside LOS.
Actually it never makes it to the LOS screen, just goes from the bootloader security warning to off, back to the bootloader security warning. Have to SPFlash it to kill the loop because it won't even stay off. microG doesn't get flashed in, only Magisk. Riru/EdXposed/microG are all installed from within the OS. Magisk/Riru/EdXposed are needed for sig spoofing to work, since I'm not installing LOS bundled with microG

EDIT: Now back on 17.1 I'm back to having the mobile network issues on T-mobile I was having before... it worked fine when I switched back to them a couple months ago up until resetting the phone. I just don't understand...

Last edited:

a-dead-trousers

Jul 28, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
Sorry it took me a while to respond. I just needed a little bit distance to all the tedious rom related work.
Actually it never makes it to the LOS screen, just goes from the bootloader security warning to off, back to the bootloader security warning. Have to SPFlash it to kill the loop because it won't even stay off. microG doesn't get flashed in, only Magisk. Riru/EdXposed/microG are all installed from within the OS. Magisk/Riru/EdXposed are needed for sig spoofing to work, since I'm not installing LOS bundled with microG
Thinking about this I believe it must be related to selinux because most of the time (except in recovery) when I had this issue it was due to a faulty policy. So I suppose TWRP is working which means we might be at luck here.

1) Connect your phone to your PC
2) Try to boot into LOS once
3) When the phone reboots (should be a slight flicker on the LED) press "volume up" to boot into the recovery
4) Use your PC to capture the kernel log with "adb shell cat /proc/last_kmsg > last_kmsg.txt"
5) Search the "last_kmsg.txt" for errors or panics regarding selinux, seandroid or policy loading problems.

Maybe there is some policy interference which doesn't happen on Atom XL devices (which I'm testing on) even if one uses an Atom L rom.
EDIT: Now back on 17.1 I'm back to having the mobile network issues on T-mobile I was having before... it worked fine when I switched back to them a couple months ago up until resetting the phone. I just don't understand...
The only thing I changed on 17.1 that might be connected to this is the apn list and how it is combined.
In my opinion it was faulty prior to my change cause I treated the overwrites differently (Vendor List > Google LIst >Lineage List instead of Lineage List > Google List > Vendor List). And I also did some cleanup on how the tripple apn/mcc/mnc is treated during the process. LOS/Android keeps the settings from the apn list in userdata until you switch your carrier/sim.
When did you change to T-mobile? Just to get a timeframe for searching in my changelogs.

dijama

Sep 2, 2020
That sounds great thank you - I'm upgrading from a lineage'd jelly 2 and was really looking forward to having the same experience here (with security updates woo!). appreciate all your work.
Unfortunately I have the same issues with the A11 build - i 'upgrade' to the stock 11, then run everything, get to the TWRP screen about 'unmodified system partition' and i have no touchscreen input so can't proceed. kinda sucks if the newer models(?) of this phone cant be freed :(

a-dead-trousers

Jul 28, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
Unfortunately I have the same issues with the A11 build - i 'upgrade' to the stock 11, then run everything, get to the TWRP screen about 'unmodified system partition' and i have no touchscreen input so can't proceed. kinda sucks if the newer models(?) of this phone cant be freed :(
Can you please try to get me the kernel symbols from your device?
https://github.com/ADeadTrousers/tw...H.md#get-the-symbols-for-analyzing-the-kernel
Maybe the kernels are much more different than I thought and I need to modify a different part of it.

SepticFuddy

Oct 3, 2019
The only thing I changed on 17.1 that might be connected to this is the apn list and how it is combined.
In my opinion it was faulty prior to my change cause I treated the overwrites differently (Vendor List > Google LIst >Lineage List instead of Lineage List > Google List > Vendor List). And I also did some cleanup on how the tripple apn/mcc/mnc is treated during the process. LOS/Android keeps the settings from the apn list in userdata until you switch your carrier/sim.
When did you change to T-mobile? Just to get a timeframe for searching in my changelogs.
May 6 was the initiation of the switch. Can't guarantee I was on the latest at the time, but I will try loading that build to see if it works. Stock A11 works

Sorry it took me a while to respond. I just needed a little bit distance to all the tedious rom related work.

Thinking about this I believe it must be related to selinux because most of the time (except in recovery) when I had this issue it was due to a faulty policy. So I suppose TWRP is working which means we might be at luck here.

1) Connect your phone to your PC
2) Try to boot into LOS once
3) When the phone reboots (should be a slight flicker on the LED) press "volume up" to boot into the recovery
4) Use your PC to capture the kernel log with "adb shell cat /proc/last_kmsg > last_kmsg.txt"
5) Search the "last_kmsg.txt" for errors or panics regarding selinux, seandroid or policy loading problems.

Maybe there is some policy interference which doesn't happen on Atom XL devices (which I'm testing on) even if one uses an Atom L rom.
BTW it is ERROR: 1 when trying to install, instead of the previous ERROR: 7 in older builds.

Searching for those phrases turned up nothing. But I'm on the XL not the L, remember? Here is last_kmsg.txt anyway

EDIT: I was also having a seriously annoying, frequent system UI hangup in 17.1. Magisk was also acting weird, for example not prompting to grant root access when it should. SeedVault would instantly fail to backup. Might have been a fluke, don't know

Last edited:

a-dead-trousers

Jul 28, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
May 6 was the initiation of the switch. Can't guarantee I was on the latest at the time, but I will try loading that build to see if it works. Stock A11 works
So it might be related to my change as it was in the April build. Do you have the apn/mcc/mnc settings from your vendor so I can check if the entry is in one of the files I used for the combination (and is missing from the result)? Alternatively which entry is selected in Stock A11?
BTW it is ERROR: 1 when trying to install, instead of the previous ERROR: 7 in older builds.
There should be more than just ERROR 1. Anyway I thought you couldn't boot. ERROR 1 is during installation.
Searching for those phrases turned up nothing. But I'm on the XL not the L, remember? Here is last_kmsg.txt anyway
This doesn't look like it's from my latest rom as it states "permissive=1". Both system and recovery run on "enforcing" now. (Which causes other problems but let's not get into details here)
Also if it is, the output of "avc:denied" means the rules are loading just fine. So once more I'm at a loss here.

SepticFuddy

Oct 3, 2019
So it might be related to my change as it was in the April build. Do you have the apn/mcc/mnc settings from your vendor so I can check if the entry is in one of the files I used for the combination (and is missing from the result)? Alternatively which entry is selected in Stock A11?
T-Mobile BYOD settings
There should be more than just ERROR 1. Anyway I thought you couldn't boot. ERROR 1 is during installation.
Yes, ERROR 1 is when I try to install LOS from stock A11, before flashing to "Super ()".
This doesn't look like it's from my latest rom as it states "permissive=1". Both system and recovery run on "enforcing" now. (Which causes other problems but let's not get into details here)
Also if it is, the output of "avc:denied" means the rules are loading just fine. So once more I'm at a loss here.
It's definitely "lineage-18.1-20220715-UNOFFICIAL-Atom_XL_TEE-signed.zip", with the A11 super and recovery

a-dead-trousers

Jul 28, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
Will look into this.
Yes, ERROR 1 is when I try to install LOS from stock A11, before flashing to "Super ()".
Aren't there any more lines in the log than just ERROR 1?
It's definitely "lineage-18.1-20220715-UNOFFICIAL-Atom_XL_TEE-signed.zip", with the A11 super and recovery
No, that's not what I meant. The last_kmsg.txt seems to be from a previous boot with an other rom.

a-dead-trousers

Jul 28, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
Tried reflashing to A10 and going to 20220327, and it won't fully boot into LOS for some reason.
For me that mostly happens when "userdata" isn't cleaned from a previous failed attempt.
Trying to reflash and install an older version, then upgrade, but I can't seem to get SPflash to actually work all the sudden... gets stuck at "Download DA 100%" and switching to UFS
Uff... hopefully this is just a hickup.

SepticFuddy

Oct 3, 2019
For me that mostly happens when "userdata" isn't cleaned from a previous failed attempt.
Apparently I wasn't waiting long enough for LOS setup to kick in. Don't remember that being an issue before but whatever
Uff... hopefully this is just a hickup.
Yeah I'm not sure what's going on. Eventually got it to flash, but I was having particular trouble flashing 20210508 and not 20201104... until eventually it worked. I'm afraid to update drivers though, in case it breaks completely and I have trouble downgrading.
Will look into this.
T-Mobile seems to be working correctly on 20220327 FYI
Aren't there any more lines in the log than just ERROR 1?
IIRC it was just the regular "failed to install" message after that. If you really think it will help, I can try again. Wrestling with SPFlash has been a ***** though
No, that's not what I meant. The last_kmsg.txt seems to be from a previous boot with an other rom.
That's... weird. I definitely ran the command after trying to boot after installing LOS 18.1 from A11 stock

a-dead-trousers

Jul 28, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
According to the apn list from the stock rom this should be it
XML:
  <apn carrier="T-Mobile US LTE"
       mcc="310"
       mnc="260"
       apn="fast.t-mobile.com"
       type="default,mms,supl,rcs,xcap"
       mmsc="http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc"
       protocol="IPV6"
       network_type_bitmask="1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|19|20"
  />
It is also in my list as it overrides the LOS default which was:
XML:
<apn carrier="T-Mobile US LTE" mcc="310" mnc="260" apn="fast.t-mobile.com" mmsc="http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc" type="default,supl,mms" protocol="IPV6" roaming_protocol="IPV4V6" mtu="1440" />
There is also another one taken from the google list:
XML:
  <apn carrier="T-Mobile GPRS"
      carrier_id = "1"
      mcc="310"
      mnc="260"
      apn="fast.t-mobile.com"
      type="default,supl,ia"
      protocol="IPV6"
      roaming_protocol="IP"
      mtu="1440"
  />
But I don't think this would work.

Can you please check which one got selected in stock and/or check if the first one is selectable in LOS?

SepticFuddy

Oct 3, 2019
According to the apn list from the stock rom this should be it
XML:
  <apn carrier="T-Mobile US LTE"
       mcc="310"
       mnc="260"
       apn="fast.t-mobile.com"
       type="default,mms,supl,rcs,xcap"
       mmsc="http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc"
       protocol="IPV6"
       network_type_bitmask="1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|19|20"
  />
It is also in my list as it overrides the LOS default which was:
XML:
<apn carrier="T-Mobile US LTE" mcc="310" mnc="260" apn="fast.t-mobile.com" mmsc="http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc" type="default,supl,mms" protocol="IPV6" roaming_protocol="IPV4V6" mtu="1440" />
There is also another one taken from the google list:
XML:
  <apn carrier="T-Mobile GPRS"
      carrier_id = "1"
      mcc="310"
      mnc="260"
      apn="fast.t-mobile.com"
      type="default,supl,ia"
      protocol="IPV6"
      roaming_protocol="IP"
      mtu="1440"
  />
But I don't think this would work.

Can you please check which one got selected in stock and/or check if the first one is selectable in LOS?
The LOS default (second one) is what is being used in 20220327, which is working. At least, that's what it looks like from inside the OS. I can't see the "MTU" value or "network type bitmask" on the access point edit screen, but "rcs" and "xcap" are missing from the "type" list, and otherwise the first two are the same.

I have no idea what the "T-Mobile GPRS" entry is for. It's always been there, never been selected, and the T-Mobile techs have never cared about it in diagnostics. "T-Mobile US LTE" is the only one of several "T-Mobile" entries they show any interest in.

Last edited:

a-dead-trousers

Jul 28, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
The LOS default (second one) is what is being used in 20220327, which is working. At least, that's what it looks like from inside the OS. I can't see the "MTU" value or "network type bitmask" on the access point edit screen, but "rcs" and "xcap" are missing from the "type" list, and otherwise the first two are the same.

I have no idea what the "T-Mobile GPRS" entry is for. It's always been there, never been selected, and the T-Mobile techs have never cared about it in diagnostics. "T-Mobile US LTE" is the only one of several "T-Mobile" entries they show any interest in.
Like the last time: Please test.
https://github.com/ADeadTrousers/an...03-UNOFFICIAL-Atom_XL_TEE-signed-apn_test.zip

a-dead-trousers

Jul 28, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
Oh, now I understand. LOS 17.1 has the issue with the "wrong" apn and LOS 18.1 isn't booting.
Sorry, but for 17.1 I cannot do a "fixing" build cause that entitles switching my build environment back and forth. This roughly takes half a day as I don't have that much free disk space to host more than three environments (LOS test, LOS release and TWRP). Also every time I did this in the past during the transition from 17.1 to 18.1 something wasn't working quite right which took me another half a day to figure out.
Your only options would be to switch to a release prior to my change (what you basically did already) or do your own build. For that I'll prepare a fix in my 17.1 branches.

For the 18.1 bootlooping I also cannot help you.
My best guess is, that there is something interfering with selinux. During my tests I pretty much "jumped" from one phone configuration to another (XL EEA <-> XL TEE <-> L TEE <-> L EEA) and never had any problems doing so.

All I did was:
1) Making sure to have flashed the stock rom with splfash (recovery from TWRP, no super and vbmeta)
2) Booting into TWRP
( 3) Booting into Booloader ) <-- Only if it isn't working from within TWRP
4) Flashing the prepared super.img
( 5) Booting into TWRP ) <-- Only if it isn't working from within TWRP
6) Install LOS-zip
7) Wipe data with "Format" Option
8) Reboot into system

a-dead-trousers

Jul 28, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
One more option for 17.1:
Prepare everything for creating a super.img but before combining it modify the "apn_conf_xml" in product.img. Hopefully this won't break the signatur and is bootable afterwards.

a-dead-trousers

Jul 28, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
@SepticFuddy
I just released the August update and during that I figured out what was amiss:
I forgot to "push" my changes from my test repo to my release repo. Therefore I successfully tested it but didn't release it in the same configuration (wrong fingerprint).

To make 100% sure I tried it with 2022-07-15 from my release page (bootlooping) and 2022-08-22 (successfully booting)
Also the "fix" for "T-Mobil US LTE" is included.

But be cautious though:
- Bluetooth seems to have a problem with the audio channel. I just found this out while trying to connect to my car radio. So I'm in the middle of figuring out the cause.
- Intercom isn't working once again since the switch to 18.1 (no sound even when using headphones)

SepticFuddy

Oct 3, 2019
@SepticFuddy
I just released the August update and during that I figured out what was amiss:
I forgot to "push" my changes from my test repo to my release repo. Therefore I successfully tested it but didn't release it in the same configuration (wrong fingerprint).

To make 100% sure I tried it with 2022-07-15 from my release page (bootlooping) and 2022-08-22 (successfully booting)
Also the "fix" for "T-Mobil US LTE" is included.

But be cautious though:
- Bluetooth seems to have a problem with the audio channel. I just found this out while trying to connect to my car radio. So I'm in the middle of figuring out the cause.
- Intercom isn't working once again since the switch to 18.1 (no sound even when using headphones)
Good to know. I think I'll wait on account of the BT/Intercom stuff

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    500px-Lineage_OS_logo.svg.png

Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

This is a LineageOS 18.1 ROM for the Helios P60 based Atom L (Atom_L) and Atom XL (Atom_XL), two rugged Android phones released by Unihertz in July 2020.

This ROM supports both devices as well as both regional variants!
    You need to make sure which device and variant you need!

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10.0 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Working (but not as one would expect)
    • VoLTE has some issus with SELinux in enforcing mode
    • DMR needs "USB audio routing" deactivated in the developer settings
    • Bluetooth audio channel is set to use the fallback instead of A2DP
    Not Working
    • LiveDisplay is not working (and probably never will)
    • You tell me
    Releases
    Atom L EEA (european union)
    Atom XL EEA (european union)
    Atom L TEE (non-european union)
    Atom XL TEE (non-european union)

How to install
    How to update
    How to upgrade

Links
    TWRP
    Common device tree
    Device tree Atom L (model)
    Device tree Atom XL (model)
    Device tree Atom L EEA (european union)
    Device tree Atom XL EEA (european union)
    Device tree Atom L TEE (non-european union)
    Device tree Atom XL TEE (non-european union)
    Bug reporting

2024-02-18
    * February security updates included
    2024-01-19
    * January security updates included
    2023-12-14
    * December security updates included
    2023-11-15
    * November security updates included
    2923-10-11
    * October security updates included
    * HardwareKeyMapper now features a toggle flashlight action
    2023-09-18
    * September security updates included
    2023-08-20
    * August security updates included
    2023-07-12
    * July security updates included
    * Use apns-conf.xml from 2022/2023 stock rom
    2023-06-12
    * June security updates included
    * Possible fix for VoLTE
    2023-05-14
    * May security updates included
    * Updated HardwareKeyMapper to only rely on AccessibilityService
    2023-04-20
    * April security updates included
    2023-03-23
    * March security updates included
    2023-02-18
    2023-01-12
    2022-12-12
    2022-11-14
    2022-10-09
    * Workaround for bluetooth audio not working with A2DP
    2022-09-22
    2022-08-22
    * Switched from NavButtonRemap to HardwareKeyMapper for PTT integration
    2022-07-15
    * Switched to LOS 18.1
    * July 2021 vendor updates included (needs vendor to be upgraded manually)
    2022-04-21
    * Extended apn list included
    2022-03-27
    * March security updates included
    2022-02-16
    * Updated apns-conf.xml with stock entries
    2022-01-31 (Only for Atom L TEE)
    * Fixing a mixup of the prebuilt kernel
    2022-01-22
    2021-12-16
    2021-11-14
    2021-10-10
    2021-09-16
    * New icon for NavButtonRemap
    * LineageOS OTA updates enabled
    2021-08-10
    2021-07-14
    2021-06-16
    * May vendor updates included (needs vendor to be upgraded manually)
    * June security updates included
    * FMRadio is working now
    * Nav Button Remap included
    2021-05-10
    * May security updates included
    2021-04-15 2021-04-21
    * FMRadio is working now, without sound
    * Raised the size of the system and product partition to support bigger gapps installs
    * Combining the work for the Atom L and XL
    2021-03-09
    * March security patches included
    * Built for the first time using a combined Atom L/XL device tree
    2021-02-11
    * February security patches included
    * Notification LED is working now
    * Included FMRadio app (but not working)
    2021-01-24
    * Intercom DMR is working now
    * Audio Jack fixed
    * Wifi Hotspot and USB Tethering are enabled
    2021-01-16
    * January security patches included
    * Switched to TWRP recovery
    2020-12-19
    * December security patches included
    * Updated for stock release 2020-11-04 (announced 2020-12-03), needs vendor to be updated separately
    * !!! untested (for now) !!!
    2020-11-10
    * Rom build variant is "user" and is signed with release keys
    * Recovery is still build variant "userdebug" and signed with test keys
    * November security patches included
    * Intercom doesn't crash anymore (but still doesn't work either)
    * Some apps and sepolicies included from stock rom
    2020-10-01
    * Initial Alpha build released

Help from other developers is certainly welcome. Currently only myself is working on this ROM.

Credit and Thanks

• LineageOS team
    • @PeterCxy for starting the work on the Atom L

Enjoy! (y)

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 18.1 for Unihertz Atom L and XL, ROM for the Android General

Contributors
    a-dead-trousers
    Source Code: https://github.com/ADeadTrousers/android_device_Unihertz_Atom_LXL

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Alpha

Created 2020-10-02
    Last Updated 2024-02-18

The future of Atom L /XL​

For those of you who are wondering, why I haven't made the move to Android 12+ / LineageOS 19.1+. I wasn't sure if the tweaks I made will hold when changing to a not officially unihertz supported system.
    Recently I started with the work anyway but pretty soon ran into my first showstopper. TWRP (or rather A12) includes new libraries (namely tzdata) which are so huge that the recovery won't load as the ramdisk became to big. So I was considering to switch to another custom recovery. But finding one that doesn't include a fancy (and rather huge) UI wasn't so fruitful.
    And right now I found information that there is a tremendous showstopper in the kernel itself.
    https://lineageos.org/Changelog-28/
    In the latest LOS changelog they talked about "Deprecations" and mentioned that in order to advance their builds from 18.1 onwards they need eBPF functionality built into the kernel. My research concludes that this started with 4.16 and our kernel is still 4.14.

So therefore I don't have high hopes that our dear phones will ever get a (fully working) A12+ release.
    Good news my fellow Atom XL Users: DMR is working (kind of) even in the current release! :)

BUT

only with a freeset :confused:

During my struggles to get the mediatek code integrated into LOS I encountered many problems. One was that I muted the phone entirely. So with every step I took I did a full sound check including audio jack and headphones. That's how I found out that the sound of the DMR was working all along even without any modifications. It's just not able to "access" the built in microphone and speaker.
    This feels quite familiar as I had some issues with the audio jack in the beginning but the other way round. So maybe some settings I changed to get the audio jack to work were counteracting this.

Just to let you all know, that there is still some progress on my part.
    Hi everyone!

I am not sure whether I have ever posted on these forums at all, but this one got me seriously intrigued and for the first time I felt the sudden urge to jump in and assist if I can.

Just received my Atom XL yesterday afternoon (which seems to be just the best phone I have ever owned), and I have started to look for options to replace the stock ROM or at least root it so I can remove the bloat and Google crap before I actually start using the phone as a phone.

I am really happy to see we already have a working Lineage build for this - so huge thanks to everyone for the efforts so far!

My other phone is a Blackview BV9100 for which there was not much to be found in terms of customization, and since the manufacturer software updates are non-existent I had to figure out everything by myself - which means I have some experience, so if there is anything I can provide to help fixing the current issues, just let me know. I will give a shot at rooting the XL tonight but keep the OS otherwise untouched for a while if needed. I see flashing a Magisk patched boot.img caused a bootloop for someone, so I will see if I can get it to work somehow.

In the meantime I will have a look at the issue updates on Github as well to see what is the actual status.
    First impressions: install went smoothly, I'm so happy to have a Google apps free install. I'll try features, but so far, no show stopper, it feels good!