[ROM][11.0][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Unihertz Atom L and XL [Alpha] [2024-02-18]

Should the OTA update feature be enabled in the next build?

• Yes, I'll overlook the montly updates otherwise.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, I don't have enough mobile data for a montly update cycle.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

a-dead-trousers

Jul 28, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
500px-Lineage_OS_logo.svg.png

Code:
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

This is a LineageOS 18.1 ROM for the Helios P60 based Atom L (Atom_L) and Atom XL (Atom_XL), two rugged Android phones released by Unihertz in July 2020.

This ROM supports both devices as well as both regional variants!
You need to make sure which device and variant you need!

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10.0 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Working (but not as one would expect)
  • VoLTE has some issus with SELinux in enforcing mode
  • DMR needs "USB audio routing" deactivated in the developer settings
  • Bluetooth audio channel is set to use the fallback instead of A2DP
Not Working
  • LiveDisplay is not working (and probably never will)
  • You tell me
Releases
Atom L EEA (european union)
Atom XL EEA (european union)
Atom L TEE (non-european union)
Atom XL TEE (non-european union)

How to install
How to update
How to upgrade

Links
TWRP
Common device tree
Device tree Atom L (model)
Device tree Atom XL (model)
Device tree Atom L EEA (european union)
Device tree Atom XL EEA (european union)
Device tree Atom L TEE (non-european union)
Device tree Atom XL TEE (non-european union)
Bug reporting

2024-02-18
* February security updates included
2024-01-19
* January security updates included
2023-12-14
* December security updates included
2023-11-15
* November security updates included
2923-10-11
* October security updates included
* HardwareKeyMapper now features a toggle flashlight action
2023-09-18
* September security updates included
2023-08-20
* August security updates included
2023-07-12
* July security updates included
* Use apns-conf.xml from 2022/2023 stock rom
2023-06-12
* June security updates included
* Possible fix for VoLTE
2023-05-14
* May security updates included
* Updated HardwareKeyMapper to only rely on AccessibilityService
2023-04-20
* April security updates included
2023-03-23
* March security updates included
2023-02-18
2023-01-12
2022-12-12
2022-11-14
2022-10-09
* Workaround for bluetooth audio not working with A2DP
2022-09-22
2022-08-22
* Switched from NavButtonRemap to HardwareKeyMapper for PTT integration
2022-07-15
* Switched to LOS 18.1
* July 2021 vendor updates included (needs vendor to be upgraded manually)
2022-04-21
* Extended apn list included
2022-03-27
2022-02-16
* Updated apns-conf.xml with stock entries
2022-01-31 (Only for Atom L TEE)
* Fixing a mixup of the prebuilt kernel
2022-01-22
2021-12-16
2021-11-14
2021-10-10
2021-09-16
* New icon for NavButtonRemap
* LineageOS OTA updates enabled
2021-08-10
2021-07-14
2021-06-16
* May vendor updates included (needs vendor to be upgraded manually)
* FMRadio is working now
* Nav Button Remap included
2021-05-10
2021-04-15 2021-04-21
* FMRadio is working now, without sound
* Raised the size of the system and product partition to support bigger gapps installs
* Combining the work for the Atom L and XL
2021-03-09
* March security patches included
* Built for the first time using a combined Atom L/XL device tree
2021-02-11
* February security patches included
* Notification LED is working now
* Included FMRadio app (but not working)
2021-01-24
* Intercom DMR is working now
* Audio Jack fixed
* Wifi Hotspot and USB Tethering are enabled
2021-01-16
* January security patches included
* Switched to TWRP recovery
2020-12-19
* December security patches included
* Updated for stock release 2020-11-04 (announced 2020-12-03), needs vendor to be updated separately
* !!! untested (for now) !!!
2020-11-10
* Rom build variant is "user" and is signed with release keys
* Recovery is still build variant "userdebug" and signed with test keys
* November security patches included
* Intercom doesn't crash anymore (but still doesn't work either)
* Some apps and sepolicies included from stock rom
2020-10-01
* Initial Alpha build released

Help from other developers is certainly welcome. Currently only myself is working on this ROM.

Credit and Thanks

• LineageOS team
  • @PeterCxy for starting the work on the Atom L

Enjoy! (y)

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 18.1 for Unihertz Atom L and XL, ROM for the Android General

Contributors
a-dead-trousers
Source Code: https://github.com/ADeadTrousers/android_device_Unihertz_Atom_LXL

ROM OS Version: Android 11
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Alpha

Created 2020-10-02
Last Updated 2024-02-18

Last edited:

SepticFuddy

Oct 3, 2019
Thanks for taking this up. I look forward to future developments. I'm not yet ready to try it in its current state since my XL is my daily driver and music player, but if the radio information is something I can grab for you without too much trouble, I'm willing to try. I'll need clear instructions though, as I'm not deeply familiar with Android development. I managed to root the old Atom and install Magisk, etc. after a day's effort, at least, so I'm not entirely incompetent :silly:

Last edited:

a-dead-trousers

Jul 28, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
Thanks for taking this up. I look forward to future developments. I'm not yet ready to try it in its current state since my XL is my daily driver and music player, but if the radio information is something I can grab for you without too much trouble, I'm willing to try. I'll need clear instructions though, as I'm not deeply familiar with Android development. I managed to root the old Atom and install Magisk, etc. after a day's effort, at least, so I'm not entirely incompetent :silly:
That's great news that I'm not alone on this :p
I understand that you don't want to give it a try yet.
There are quite some issues still present: https://github.com/ADeadTrousers/android_device_Unihertz_Atom_XL/issues

But maybe you could help me figure out at least one of them:
The phone is also my daily driver so I don't have the patients to go back and forth between Stock and Lineage multiple times, just to find out that I'm still missing some bits and pieces.
So I need someone with Stock to look up some information, so I can integrate it into Lineage.
Just for clarification because I never really used it and switched to Lineage right away: "Intercom" is in fact the app used for the amateur radio, or is it not?
If it is indeed then I need to know what service is running on port 9980 in Stock.
See also https://github.com/ADeadTrousers/android_device_Unihertz_Atom_XL/issues/1

wkr ADT

SepticFuddy

Oct 3, 2019
Just for clarification because I never really used it and switched to Lineage right away: "Intercom" is in fact the app used for the amateur radio, or is it not?
If it is indeed then I need to know what service is running on port 9980 in Stock.
See also {GitHub URL}

"Intercom" is indeed the radio app. There's another stock app called "Toolbox" which is also handy, since it has levels, protractors, heart rate monitor, underwater camera, and a bunch of other things. May be worthwhile to try to port that over as well.
Check GitHub, I tried getting that info on 9980 but ran into a hitch.

a-dead-trousers

Jul 28, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
Check GitHub, I tried getting that info on 9980 but ran into a hitch.
Thanks. I already did and also replied there.
There's another stock app called "Toolbox" which is also handy, since it has levels, protractors, heart rate monitor, underwater camera, and a bunch of other things. May be worthwhile to try to port that over as well.
During my research of the downloadable stock rom I found various mentions of the built-in sensors. The problem is that these informations are spread out quite heavily all over the rom: one init here, one sepolicy there, some so-drivers in another place. I will look into this a little bit late but it could take me some time to figure everything out. Currently I want to fix the problems that trouble me the most: gapps integration, intercom, the audio jack not working and doing a signed user build.
The last one actually broke my current build (boot loop) and I had to revert to a previous state so I need to figure out what I did wrong.

tapa_t

May 27, 2014
Hello, a-dead-trousers,
I am not really into LineageOS but I came across this thread while searching for a stock ROM.
Did you extract the stock ROM from your own device? If so, how?
I tried to readback using SP Flash Tool v5.2036, but only get an error saying "memory is HW_STORAGE_UFS, not HW_STORAGE_EMMC". I made an empty scatter using Wwr MTK tool v2.51, but only choices are either EMMC or NAND and there is no UFS option.

Or, did you download the stock ROM from somewhere? If so, where?
I found couple links online and downloaded one so far, but the downloaded scatter indicates that the memory is of the type HW_STORAGE_EMMC, which SP Flash Tool told me my device is not. So, I am not certain of the authenticity of the downloaded file.

My AXL is still on the stock ROM, obviously, and I can help you with what you questions.
Can you help me with backing up my stock ROM or show me a link to a known authentic stock?

tapa_t

May 27, 2014
Another question to anyone who might know:
Does Atom XL lose any functionality by unlocking bootloader?
Like those licensed image-enhancing engines on Sony Xperia devices?
I have been trying to root the device by flashing a magisk_patched boot image using SP Flash Tool.
It flashes OK but goes into boot loop every time.
None of the MTK devices I played with in the past required unlocking bootloader for flashing anything (magisk boot, twrp) as long as using SP tool and I was hoping that's the case again.
I don't mind unlocking at all if I am not losing anything, but I thought I check with other users first.
Thanks in advance for any info!

a-dead-trousers

Jul 28, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
Another question to anyone who might know:
Does Atom XL lose any functionality by unlocking bootloader?
Like those licensed image-enhancing engines on Sony Xperia devices?
I have been trying to root the device by flashing a magisk_patched boot image using SP Flash Tool.
It flashes OK but goes into boot loop every time.
None of the MTK devices I played with in the past required unlocking bootloader for flashing anything (magisk boot, twrp) as long as using SP tool and I was hoping that's the case again.
I don't mind unlocking at all if I am not losing anything, but I thought I check with other users first.
Thanks in advance for any info!
I'm not sure, but I think you will definitely loose SafetyNet credibility amongst other security related checks (banking apps and so on).
The SPFlash flashing should work though. Unless the "new" super partition layout is not supported by magisk or there is a problem with the checksums and avb. Best to ask the developers of magisk. They should know the pitfalls.

tapa_t

May 27, 2014
I'm not sure, but I think you will definitely loose SafetyNet credibility amongst other security related checks (banking apps and so on).
The SPFlash flashing should work though. Unless the "new" super partition layout is not supported by magisk or there is a problem with the checksums and avb. Best to ask the developers of magisk. They should know the pitfalls.

Thank you for the info.
I unlocked the bootloader, but flashing the magisk boot either by SP tool or by fastboot still gives a boot loop, which can easily be fixed by flashing back the stock boot.
Both unlocking and relocking bootloader "factory data resets" the device (that's what the device says in the process).
I don't find any loss in functionality by unlocking, but the process is probably still unnecessary if using SP tool.
I head over to the magisk support thread to see if there's anything to solve it.
Thanks again!

a-dead-trousers

Jul 28, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
There's another stock app called "Toolbox" which is also handy, since it has levels, protractors, heart rate monitor, underwater camera, and a bunch of other things. May be worthwhile to try to port that over as well.
The "toolbox" I found in the rom is an internal service and part of LineageOS itself. So I tried to find an "apk" with that name but had no luck either. There are several possible candidates but to figure out the right one I need the package name (e.g. com.agold. ...).

SepticFuddy

Oct 3, 2019
The "toolbox" I found in the rom is an internal service and part of LineageOS itself. So I tried to find an "apk" with that name but had no luck either. There are several possible candidates but to figure out the right one I need the package name (e.g. com.agold. ...).

Opening up the app starts com.agui.toolbox. Since it feels like a shorcut launcher, I tried starting some of the functions inside it to see if I could catch any other app names in the log, but nothing came up. So I think it's all contained within Toolbox, despite that one or two of the functions is broken for me.

EDIT: In the same vein, there are a few other baked-in apps, should you choose to port them over. Some may be standard in Android 10 and/or covered by LineageOS, I wouldn't know-

• com.tiqiaa.remote - ZazaRemote, for the IR emitter
  • com.agui.newsos - SOS app
  • com.agui.studentmodel - "Student Mode"
  • com.agui.nfc - NFC Emulator
  • com.mediatek.notebook - Notebook app... for notes
  • com.mediatek.cellbroadcastreceiver - Emergency Alert app
  • com.android.soundrecorder - Sound Recorder
  • com.android.fmradio - FM Radio
  • com.google.android.apps.wellbeing - Digital Wellbeing

Last edited:

a-dead-trousers

Jul 28, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
Opening up the app starts com.agui.toolbox. Since it feels like a shorcut launcher, I tried starting some of the functions inside it to see if I could catch any other app names in the log, but nothing came up. So I think it's all contained within Toolbox, despite that one or two of the functions is broken for me.

EDIT: In the same vein, there are a few other baked-in apps, should you choose to port them over. Some may be standard in Android 10 and/or covered by LineageOS, I wouldn't know-

• com.tiqiaa.remote - ZazaRemote, for the IR emitter
  • com.agui.newsos - SOS app
  • com.agui.studentmodel - "Student Mode"
  • com.agui.nfc - NFC Emulator
  • com.mediatek.notebook - Notebook app... for notes
  • com.mediatek.cellbroadcastreceiver - Emergency Alert app
  • com.android.soundrecorder - Sound Recorder
  • com.android.fmradio - FM Radio
  • com.google.android.apps.wellbeing - Digital Wellbeing
I can't find com.agui.toolbox. I decompiled every apk on "system" and "vendor" but none of them has this package name. I'm at my wits end.
com.tiqiaa.remote is on "vendor" but doesn't get automatically installed. Without "su" I get a permission denied, so that's maybe the reason why. Need to figure out a way to get past this. I always wanted a universial remote.
com.agui.newsos could be handy, will look into it.
com.agui.studentmodel what's that for?
com.agui.nfc could be handy, will look into it.
com.mediatek.notebook This looks like a copy of google notes to get the AOSP "sign of approval". I prefer to use the original not a cloned version with potential security issues. Sorry no inclusion.
com.mediatek.cellbroadcastreceiver honestly, the cell broadcasts I received with my old phone where quite useless, but maybe that's dependent of your carrier. So that's a big maybe.
com.android.soundrecorder this is the AOSP version, lineage brings it's own built-in. So no need for a inclusion from stock.
com.android.fmradio should be the AOSP version, found no source but a fairly recent apk on apkmirrors. A Maybe for inclusion.
com.google.android.apps.wellbeing that's part of gapps. So no need for a inclusion from stock.

Generally:
com.agui. looks like to be an local chinese manufacturer of addon chips (thermal, barometric, nfc and stuff)
com.mediateki. is of course the manufacturer of the board. They are using AOSP mostly but some things they need to "clone" when legally necessary (like the trump-us-ban on technology)
com.android. is AOSP, so mostly open source.
com.google.android. is Google itself, so mostly closed source or "rebranded" open source. (like "Firefox" is a trademark and can't be changed, but the sourcecode is available for everyone to use and alter you re not allowed to name it "Firefox" though)

Last edited:

SepticFuddy

Oct 3, 2019
I can't find com.agui.toolbox. I decompiled every apk on "system" and "vendor" but none of them has this package name. I'm at my wits end.
com.tiqiaa.remote is on "vendor" but doesn't get automatically installed. Without "su" I get a permission denied, so that's maybe the reason why. Need to figure out a way to get past this. I always wanted a universial remote.
com.agui.newsos could be handy, will look into it.
com.agui.studentmodel what's that for?
com.agui.nfc could be handy, will look into it.
com.mediatek.notebook This looks like a copy of google notes to get the AOSP "sign of approval". I prefer to use the original not a cloned version with potential security issues. Sorry no inclusion.
com.mediatek.cellbroadcastreceiver honestly, the cell broadcasts I received with my old phone where quite useless, but maybe that's dependent of your carrier. So that's a big maybe.
com.android.soundrecorder this is the AOSP version, lineage brings it's own built-in. So no need for a inclusion from stock.
com.android.fmradio should be the AOSP version, found no source but a fairly recent apk on apkmirrors. A Maybe for inclusion.
com.google.android.apps.wellbeing that's part of gapps. So no need for a inclusion from stock.

Generally:
com.agui. looks like to be an local chinese manufacturer of addon chips (thermal, barometric, nfc and stuff)
com.mediateki. is of course the manufacturer of the board. They are using AOSP mostly but some things they need to "clone" when legally necessary (like the trump-us-ban on technology)
com.android. is AOSP, so mostly open source.
com.google.android. is Google itself, so mostly closed source or "rebranded" open source. (like "Firefox" is a trademark and can't be changed, but the sourcecode is available for everyone to use and alter you re not allowed to name it "Firefox" though)

That's about what I figured. Nice job on finding it.

I personally couldn't care less about WEAS alerts, but they are legally mandated in the US... not that I care about that either. People who want storm warnings, kidnapping alerts, and/or Presidential alerts :rolleyes: would.

Student Mode appears to be a restricted mode for the device. So it's PIN locked, has an application whitelist/scheduler, network disabler and site restrictions. Useful for parental controls I suppose, but probably not high on the priority list for a LOS device.

Last edited:

magnetosphere

Nov 16, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Tab S4
Hey OP, I have the XL with the stock ROM. Don't need a lot of handholding with app or firmware extraction, but I'm very interested in fixing the few broken items on LOS. The stock ROM is on the March 2020 security update (way too old) and has a bunch of bloatware and unremovable old apps, not to mention possible spyware. The manufacturer's lack of support or security updates is inexcusable, obviously, but this phone is frankly a miracle and I can't find anything that comes close to competing, so I'm down to help bring it up on LOS.

The radio is the primary peripheral I care about preserving. IR blaster and VoLTE are also important. As I understand it, the radio is essentially a 400-480MHz SDR wired directly to the main USB2 (or USB3?) bus. What do you need to proceed?

a-dead-trousers

Jul 28, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
hi @magnetosphere.
Currently I'm struggeling with configuring LineageOS to best cooperate with the stock vendor partition. In my opinion Unihertz (or Mediatek) did a very poor job in seperating system and vendor which is essential for project treble (main focus of Android 10 and 11) to work. Many parts that are clearly vendor specific (extmodule for intercom, various logging tools) should have been put into the vendor partition from the start. Therefore there are quite a few problems with SELinux which forces you to separate. Of course if you know the bits and pieces you could manipulate it but it's not my intention to heavily change LineageOS's internals.
I'm more or less a bloody beginner in Android development (it feels more like configuring than programming to me) and my only source of information right now are other device trees and how they solved the various problems. So I need to do many things on a trial and error basis.
So, yeah I appreciate every help I can get, but I cannot give many advices on how to do things. Essentially in the current state I would need someone who knows his or her way around in a device tree and can give me good advices on how best to do things.
One little bit on the the security situation:
The vendor patch lavel cannot be raised for now because it is essentialy the version of the kernel, which is currently at 4.14.141. To change this we would need the source code of the kernel and the modifications done by Mediatek which are essentially closed source (you need to pay to get them).

Last edited:

a-dead-trousers

Jul 28, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
A little update on my progress:
I tried to reverse engineer the whole stock system.img into the lineage system.img to rule out any missing system libraries, binaries or sepolicies but that resulted in various bootloops and bootcrashes.
Now I'm waiting for the latest stock rom to be released on Google Drive because in the release notes unihertz mentioned that they cleand out not used libraries. Maybe that will reduce my modification footprint and helps me figuring out what is REALLY missing and what is just bloatware that's not needed.
If that's not working I'm fearing that I also need to rebuild the vendor.img but that's a last resort.
The problem here is (I think) that the vendor.img needs some tinkering and additions to work with lineage which also has some parts (libraries, apps, binaries) that normally would go in there.

sparkst

Dec 13, 2020
Thank you for the info.
I unlocked the bootloader, but flashing the magisk boot either by SP tool or by fastboot still gives a boot loop, which can easily be fixed by flashing back the stock boot.
Both unlocking and relocking bootloader "factory data resets" the device (that's what the device says in the process).
I don't find any loss in functionality by unlocking, but the process is probably still unnecessary if using SP tool.
I head over to the magisk support thread to see if there's anything to solve it.
Thanks again!

Do you have any advice on how to flash after a botched boot partition flash? When I try to boot into bootloader/fastboot/recovery by holding power and volume up, it just reboots endlessly.

magnetosphere

Nov 16, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Tab S4
hi @magnetosphere.
Currently I'm struggeling with configuring LineageOS to best cooperate with the stock vendor partition. In my opinion Unihertz (or Mediatek) did a very poor job in seperating system and vendor which is essential for project treble (main focus of Android 10 and 11) to work. Many parts that are clearly vendor specific (extmodule for intercom, various logging tools) should have been put into the vendor partition from the start. Therefore there are quite a few problems with SELinux which forces you to separate. Of course if you know the bits and pieces you could manipulate it but it's not my intention to heavily change LineageOS's internals.
I'm more or less a bloody beginner in Android development (it feels more like configuring than programming to me) and my only source of information right now are other device trees and how they solved the various problems. So I need to do many things on a trial and error basis.
So, yeah I appreciate every help I can get, but I cannot give many advices on how to do things. Essentially in the current state I would need someone who knows his or her way around in a device tree and can give me good advices on how best to do things.
One little bit on the the security situation:
The vendor patch lavel cannot be raised for now because it is essentialy the version of the kernel, which is currently at 4.14.141. To change this we would need the source code of the kernel and the modifications done by Mediatek which are essentially closed source (you need to pay to get them).

Finally this thread is back on the forums. I will have to look around the SELinux parameters for the default OS.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    500px-Lineage_OS_logo.svg.png

Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

This is a LineageOS 18.1 ROM for the Helios P60 based Atom L (Atom_L) and Atom XL (Atom_XL), two rugged Android phones released by Unihertz in July 2020.

This ROM supports both devices as well as both regional variants!
    You need to make sure which device and variant you need!

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10.0 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Working (but not as one would expect)
    • VoLTE has some issus with SELinux in enforcing mode
    • DMR needs "USB audio routing" deactivated in the developer settings
    • Bluetooth audio channel is set to use the fallback instead of A2DP
    Not Working
    • LiveDisplay is not working (and probably never will)
    • You tell me
    Releases
    Atom L EEA (european union)
    Atom XL EEA (european union)
    Atom L TEE (non-european union)
    Atom XL TEE (non-european union)

How to install
    How to update
    How to upgrade

Links
    TWRP
    Common device tree
    Device tree Atom L (model)
    Device tree Atom XL (model)
    Device tree Atom L EEA (european union)
    Device tree Atom XL EEA (european union)
    Device tree Atom L TEE (non-european union)
    Device tree Atom XL TEE (non-european union)
    Bug reporting

2024-02-18
    2024-01-19
    2023-12-14
    2023-11-15
    2923-10-11
    * HardwareKeyMapper now features a toggle flashlight action
    2023-09-18
    2023-08-20
    2023-07-12
    * Use apns-conf.xml from 2022/2023 stock rom
    2023-06-12
    * Possible fix for VoLTE
    2023-05-14
    * Updated HardwareKeyMapper to only rely on AccessibilityService
    2023-04-20
    2023-03-23
    2023-02-18
    2023-01-12
    2022-12-12
    2022-11-14
    2022-10-09
    * Workaround for bluetooth audio not working with A2DP
    2022-09-22
    2022-08-22
    * Switched from NavButtonRemap to HardwareKeyMapper for PTT integration
    2022-07-15
    * Switched to LOS 18.1
    * July 2021 vendor updates included (needs vendor to be upgraded manually)
    2022-04-21
    * Extended apn list included
    2022-03-27
    2022-02-16
    * Updated apns-conf.xml with stock entries
    2022-01-31 (Only for Atom L TEE)
    * Fixing a mixup of the prebuilt kernel
    2022-01-22
    2021-12-16
    2021-11-14
    2021-10-10
    2021-09-16
    * New icon for NavButtonRemap
    * LineageOS OTA updates enabled
    2021-08-10
    2021-07-14
    2021-06-16
    * May vendor updates included (needs vendor to be upgraded manually)
    * FMRadio is working now
    * Nav Button Remap included
    2021-05-10
    2021-04-15 2021-04-21
    * FMRadio is working now, without sound
    * Raised the size of the system and product partition to support bigger gapps installs
    * Combining the work for the Atom L and XL
    2021-03-09
    * March security patches included
    * Built for the first time using a combined Atom L/XL device tree
    2021-02-11
    * February security patches included
    * Notification LED is working now
    * Included FMRadio app (but not working)
    2021-01-24
    * Intercom DMR is working now
    * Audio Jack fixed
    * Wifi Hotspot and USB Tethering are enabled
    2021-01-16
    * January security patches included
    * Switched to TWRP recovery
    2020-12-19
    * December security patches included
    * Updated for stock release 2020-11-04 (announced 2020-12-03), needs vendor to be updated separately
    * !!! untested (for now) !!!
    2020-11-10
    * Rom build variant is "user" and is signed with release keys
    * Recovery is still build variant "userdebug" and signed with test keys
    * November security patches included
    * Intercom doesn't crash anymore (but still doesn't work either)
    * Some apps and sepolicies included from stock rom
    2020-10-01
    * Initial Alpha build released

Help from other developers is certainly welcome. Currently only myself is working on this ROM.

Credit and Thanks

• LineageOS team
    • @PeterCxy for starting the work on the Atom L

Enjoy! (y)

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 18.1 for Unihertz Atom L and XL, ROM for the Android General

Contributors
    a-dead-trousers
    Source Code: https://github.com/ADeadTrousers/android_device_Unihertz_Atom_LXL

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Alpha

Created 2020-10-02
    Last Updated 2024-02-18

The future of Atom L /XL​

For those of you who are wondering, why I haven't made the move to Android 12+ / LineageOS 19.1+. I wasn't sure if the tweaks I made will hold when changing to a not officially unihertz supported system.
    Recently I started with the work anyway but pretty soon ran into my first showstopper. TWRP (or rather A12) includes new libraries (namely tzdata) which are so huge that the recovery won't load as the ramdisk became to big. So I was considering to switch to another custom recovery. But finding one that doesn't include a fancy (and rather huge) UI wasn't so fruitful.
    And right now I found information that there is a tremendous showstopper in the kernel itself.
    https://lineageos.org/Changelog-28/
    In the latest LOS changelog they talked about "Deprecations" and mentioned that in order to advance their builds from 18.1 onwards they need eBPF functionality built into the kernel. My research concludes that this started with 4.16 and our kernel is still 4.14.

So therefore I don't have high hopes that our dear phones will ever get a (fully working) A12+ release.
    Good news my fellow Atom XL Users: DMR is working (kind of) even in the current release! :)

BUT

only with a freeset :confused:

During my struggles to get the mediatek code integrated into LOS I encountered many problems. One was that I muted the phone entirely. So with every step I took I did a full sound check including audio jack and headphones. That's how I found out that the sound of the DMR was working all along even without any modifications. It's just not able to "access" the built in microphone and speaker.
    This feels quite familiar as I had some issues with the audio jack in the beginning but the other way round. So maybe some settings I changed to get the audio jack to work were counteracting this.

Just to let you all know, that there is still some progress on my part.
    Hi everyone!

I am not sure whether I have ever posted on these forums at all, but this one got me seriously intrigued and for the first time I felt the sudden urge to jump in and assist if I can.

Just received my Atom XL yesterday afternoon (which seems to be just the best phone I have ever owned), and I have started to look for options to replace the stock ROM or at least root it so I can remove the bloat and Google crap before I actually start using the phone as a phone.

I am really happy to see we already have a working Lineage build for this - so huge thanks to everyone for the efforts so far!

My other phone is a Blackview BV9100 for which there was not much to be found in terms of customization, and since the manufacturer software updates are non-existent I had to figure out everything by myself - which means I have some experience, so if there is anything I can provide to help fixing the current issues, just let me know. I will give a shot at rooting the XL tonight but keep the OS otherwise untouched for a while if needed. I see flashing a Magisk patched boot.img caused a bootloop for someone, so I will see if I can get it to work somehow.

In the meantime I will have a look at the issue updates on Github as well to see what is the actual status.
    First impressions: install went smoothly, I'm so happy to have a Google apps free install. I'll try features, but so far, no show stopper, it feels good!