[ROM][11.0][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS-18.1 [PL2]

Search This thread

ieperlingetje

Oct 28, 2016
I have the model TA-1043, so should be supported as understand from the wiki. But when I'm at the step of flashing the recovery image (https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/PL2/install#temporarily-booting-a-custom-recovery-using-fastboot) and run the command;

fastboot boot lineage-18.1-20210406-recovery-PL2.img

I get the response

Sending 'boot.img' (36929 KB) OKAY [ 0.852s] Booting OKAY [ 5.058s] Finished. Total time: 5.926s

When I then reboot in recovery mode the screen stays black and I'm stuck. Any help? Tried with twrp but same issue. When I let the device boot normally it shows the bootloader unlocked warning but then it's stuck at the android one logo.

Edit: want to clarify this is a device where the bootloader was unlocked and was reverted at to stock android 8 at the time of unlocking.

conite

Apr 4, 2017
I have the model TA-1043, so should be supported as understand from the wiki. But when I'm at the step of flashing the recovery image (https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/PL2/install#temporarily-booting-a-custom-recovery-using-fastboot) and run the command;

fastboot boot lineage-18.1-20210406-recovery-PL2.img

I get the response

Sending 'boot.img' (36929 KB) OKAY [ 0.852s] Booting OKAY [ 5.058s] Finished. Total time: 5.926s

When I then reboot in recovery mode the screen stays black and I'm stuck. Any help? Tried with twrp but same issue. When I let the device boot normally it shows the bootloader unlocked warning but then it's stuck at the android one logo.

Edit: want to clarify this is a device where the bootloader was unlocked and was reverted at to stock android 8 at the time of unlocking.
Personally, I never had any luck with the recovery image.

I simply installed the specific version of TWRP linked to in the first post.

datigumx

Apr 6, 2021
I am attempting to install LOS 17.1 on a new Nokia 6.1 TA-1050. I have tried starting with both lineage-17.1-20210330-recovery-PL2.img and lineage-18.1-20210402-recovery-PL2.img.

Attempting to boot either without flashing results in the phone hanging on the NOKIA flash screen. Flashing and then booting to recovery (PWR & VOL+) results in a blank screen, albeit with the recovery menu active but not visible - not a viable recovery option!

I have also tried booting twrp-3.3.1-1-PL2.img without flashing - this results in the phone hanging on the TEAMWIN flash screen.

Happy to help debugging if the instructions are explicit!

ieperlingetje

Oct 28, 2016
I see it's gone. Here is a link:

Thanks, with that version I was now able to flash lineageos. If someone can help: Now I stumble on another issue. Since TWRP flashes to the inactive partition, how can I install gapps? Because the only way I can boot twrp is with

Code:
fastboot flash boot....
, but that overwrites the boot image again, so then lineageos won't start.

If I simply do

Code:
fastboot boot..

Like the twrp manuel over here states (https://twrp.me/nokia/nokia6_1.html) it reboots to the android one logo but nothing happens afterwards. However I can live without gapps for now, so I can skip that. Another issue I seem to have is that internal storage is not available in the files application, I can only see the contents of the sd card. Other apps like the camera app also have issues storing files. I flashed custom roms in the past on other phones, but never had as much issues as I do now. :(

conite

Apr 4, 2017
Thanks, with that version I was now able to flash lineageos. If someone can help: Now I stumble on another issue. Since TWRP flashes to the inactive partition, how can I install gapps? Because the only way I can boot twrp is with

Code:
fastboot flash boot....
, but that overwrites the boot image again, so then lineageos won't start.

If I simply do

Code:
fastboot boot..

Like the twrp manuel over here states (https://twrp.me/nokia/nokia6_1.html) it reboots to the android one logo but nothing happens afterwards. However I can live without gapps for now, so I can skip that. Another issue I seem to have is that internal storage is not available in the files application, I can only see the contents of the sd card. Other apps like the camera app also have issues storing files. I flashed custom roms in the past on other phones, but never had as much issues as I do now. :(
I have TWRP on 'a', and my regular boot on 'b'.

When I want to install a new OS, I go to the bootloader, and type "fastboot --set-active=a", and then "fastboot reboot". That will boot TWRP.

I then "reboot to b" inside TWRP, install my OS, then "reboot to a", and then reboot OS. Once back to TWRP, I select "reboot to b", and install my gapps, and then reboot OS.

Am I making any sense? lol

ieperlingetje

Oct 28, 2016
I have TWRP on 'a', and my regular boot on 'b'.

When I want to install a new OS, I go to the bootloader, and type "fastboot --set-active=a", and then "fastboot reboot". That will boot TWRP.

I then "reboot to b" inside TWRP, install my OS, then "reboot to a", and then reboot OS. Once back to TWRP, I select "reboot to b", and install my gapps, and then reboot OS.

Am I making any sense? lol

Thanks for you reply. What do you mean reboot to b inside TWRP. How you change the active partition TWRP will write to if TWRP is on the a partition?

ieperlingetje

Oct 28, 2016
Select "Reboot" on the main screen, and then choose "slot A" or "slot B".
Ok, so you're simply changing the selected slot in the reboot screen and then flash the install

When I try that method, and get at this step

install my OS, then "reboot to a", and then reboot OS.

twrp gets stuck in a bootloop. slot b is still fine then. Even reflashing twrp on slot a keeps twrp in bootloop until I booted at least once in slot b (but then lineageos is already starting it's setup so installing gapps is not possible by then).

Edit: It looks like I have bricked now my device. Only the twrp logo while the bootloops happen. Even download mode won't come up anymore. I think the adventure ends here and I will have to look for a new phone.

Ediit 2: while twrp was in bootloop, apparently adb was still working, so with

Code:
adb reboot bootloader

I was able to get back in download mode, then afterwards flashed the stock ROM with the help from this topic: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-rom-flash-tool-nokia-6-1-pl2_sprout.4023965/

However, as how the current state is of using TWRP on this device, I will hold back to flashing a custom rom for now until a more mature way comes up.

Last edited:

theimpulson

Forum Moderator - Recognized Developer
Staff member
Sep 22, 2014
Bhilai, India
www.theimpulson.dev
I am attempting to install LOS 17.1 on a new Nokia 6.1 TA-1050. I have tried starting with both lineage-17.1-20210330-recovery-PL2.img and lineage-18.1-20210402-recovery-PL2.img.

Attempting to boot either without flashing results in the phone hanging on the NOKIA flash screen. Flashing and then booting to recovery (PWR & VOL+) results in a blank screen, albeit with the recovery menu active but not visible - not a viable recovery option!

I have also tried booting twrp-3.3.1-1-PL2.img without flashing - this results in the phone hanging on the TEAMWIN flash screen.

Happy to help debugging if the instructions are explicit!
I will send you a test recovery this weekend, try with that

warchild98

Nov 27, 2015
Well..I just upgraded from 17.1 to 18.1 and all I can say is: This rom rocks!
This is actually better than 17.1, especially the perfomance, battery life and camera quality (even tho I use Google Camera app from playstore).
I really like the recent apps UI, it looks great and the fact that you can screenshot apps individualy makes it even better.
I'm impressed.
Gotta test it more

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Official builds will start rolling out soon. 1st post has been updated as required. The changelog can be seen here. Bug reports for the same are welcome on the official issue tracker.
    This is actually better than 17.1, especially the perfomance, battery life and camera quality (even tho I use Google Camera app from playstore).
    I really like the recent apps UI, it looks great and the fact that you can screenshot apps individualy makes it even better.
    I'm impressed.
    Gotta test it more
    Wanna make sure is this rom for Nokia 6.1 or Nokia 6.1 Plus?
    Nokia 6.1 as the forum name and wiki says
    Has anyone had this issue where USB drive with OTG cable doesn't show up?
    Has anyone had this issue where USB drive with OTG cable doesn't show up?
    That is indeed an issue I am aware of. I will try to fix it when possible.
    Official builds will start rolling out soon. 1st post has been updated as required. The changelog can be seen here. Bug reports for the same are welcome on the official issue tracker.
    I'm impressed.
    Gotta test it more
    8 might not be enough - 16 is usually preferred.

How many cores?
    I decided to set up a dual boot system instead. I'm building now and am at 93% !

The first issue I had was sending the blobs to device/nokia instead of vendor/nokia. And the second issue seemed to be lack of resources.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Edit: Works!!!!
    First: Thank you for that awsome rom.
    I could upgrade from 17.1 to 18.1 with instructions from the wiki without any problem.

But, I have some troubles with Bluetooth Low Energy. It is very slow and unstable.
    • Scenario 1: When I try to upgrade the firmware of my JBL-speakers (Charge 5) through the JBL-App, it takes hours! My Samsung Galaxy S5 (also with LineageOS) is much faster.
    • Scenario 2: When i try to control the lovetoy (Lovense Lush 3), it disconnects multiple times per minute. My girlfriends iphone works well...
    My Phone:
    Nokia 6.1 (TA-1043)
    LineageOS for MicroG 18.1 (Build date 11. April 2021)

I hope the log is helpful. The JBL firmware upgrade starts around 14:31 in the log.

@theimpulson I hope you can fix that. If you need an other log, tell me the command I need to run.

edit: Has the logfile correctly been attached?
    I agree with that and thank you for helping me
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone