[ROM][11.0][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS-18.1 [PL2]

Search This thread

kepicz

Oct 10, 2009
kepi.cz
Nokia 6.1
Thanks, with that version I was now able to flash lineageos. If someone can help: Now I stumble on another issue. Since TWRP flashes to the inactive partition, how can I install gapps? Because the only way I can boot twrp is with

Code:
fastboot flash boot....
, but that overwrites the boot image again, so then lineageos won't start.
Yes, that took me long time to decipher too last two weekends. Anyway, you "simply":

1. Go to fastboot
2. Boot TWRP:
Bash:
sudo fastboot flash recovery "$IMAGE"; sudo fastboot boot "$IMAGE"
3. Install LineageOS
4. Hit Back
5. Hit Reboot
6. Change slot
7. Hit Bootloader
8. Boot TWRP:
Bash:
9. Install gapps
10. Install Magisk (if you want root)
11. Reboot

In words - you are i.e. on slot A, go to TWRP and install LineageOS. It will be installed to B. You then change slot, go to fastboot and enter TWRP again. This time you will be on B slot so you can continue with Gapps and others.

kepicz

Oct 10, 2009
kepi.cz
Nokia 6.1
I will send you a test recovery this weekend, try with that
I only want to let you know that I have same (or similar) problem. I can't use any LineageOS recovery, doesn't matter if it is from 17 or 18, i tried multiple older versions too.

Most times when I booted the Lineage recovery, screen went to blue, then different shade blue then black screen and nothing after that, just remained on black screen. I tried to wait 20 minutes one try but nothing. I can reboot to fastboot through ADB from that state. I tried to get some debug logs but failed.

It is same when I try to go to recovery with Power + VolumeUP.

I don't need any immediate assistance :) as fortunately TWRP is working, but it would be nice to have it sometime.

datigumx

Apr 6, 2021
I only want to let you know that I have same (or similar) problem. I can't use any LineageOS recovery, doesn't matter if it is from 17 or 18, i tried multiple older versions too.

Most times when I booted the Lineage recovery, screen went to blue, then different shade blue then black screen and nothing after that, just remained on black screen. I tried to wait 20 minutes one try but nothing. I can reboot to fastboot through ADB from that state. I tried to get some debug logs but failed.

It is same when I try to go to recovery with Power + VolumeUP.

I don't need any immediate assistance :) as fortunately TWRP is working, but it would be nice to have it sometime.
Hi kepicz, are you using model TA-1050?
If so, LOS Recovery is probably working, just invisibly (no display); I managed to use it to sideload LOS 18.1.
I'm interested what version of TWRP you're using - it always hangs on splash screen on my TA-1050.

kepicz

Oct 10, 2009
kepi.cz
Nokia 6.1
Hi kepicz, are you using model TA-1050?
If so, LOS Recovery is probably working, just invisibly (no display); I managed to use it to sideload LOS 18.1.
I'm interested what version of TWRP you're using - it always hangs on splash screen on my TA-1050.
I have TA-1043 but I thought this might be the case. Anyway, I wasn't brave enough to try to sideload anything without seeing what is displayed there ;)

As of TWRP, I'm using unofficial TWRP 3.4.0-0 build. It was fine to install LOS but as I updated in the thread yesterday, but I can't use it anymore now as decrypt isn't working in Android 11 (at least for me).

I would like to update LOS 18 to new build but I'm afraid to do so without making backup from recovery. And no recovery is working for me now :)

MonkeyDTim

Apr 15, 2021
Nokia 6.1
First: Thank you for that awsome rom.
I could upgrade from 17.1 to 18.1 with instructions from the wiki without any problem.

But, I have some troubles with Bluetooth Low Energy. It is very slow and unstable.
  • Scenario 1: When I try to upgrade the firmware of my JBL-speakers (Charge 5) through the JBL-App, it takes hours! My Samsung Galaxy S5 (also with LineageOS) is much faster.
  • Scenario 2: When i try to control the lovetoy (Lovense Lush 3), it disconnects multiple times per minute. My girlfriends iphone works well...
My Phone:
Nokia 6.1 (TA-1043)
LineageOS for MicroG 18.1 (Build date 11. April 2021)

I hope the log is helpful. The JBL firmware upgrade starts around 14:31 in the log.

@theimpulson I hope you can fix that. If you need an other log, tell me the command I need to run.

edit: Has the logfile correctly been attached?

Last edited:

theimpulson

Forum Moderator - Recognized Developer
Staff member
  • Hi, not sure if I'm supposed to be trying something yet! :rolleyes:
    Apologies, I was busy with personal matters last weekend. I will be working on it today, got a tester with a similar model in my beta testing telegram group, so if you want to monitor the progress, you can hop in there. I will post progress here anyway, so not a requirement.

theimpulson

Forum Moderator - Recognized Developer
    Staff member
  • First: Thank you for that awsome rom.
    I could upgrade from 17.1 to 18.1 with instructions from the wiki without any problem.

But, I have some troubles with Bluetooth Low Energy. It is very slow and unstable.
    • Scenario 1: When I try to upgrade the firmware of my JBL-speakers (Charge 5) through the JBL-App, it takes hours! My Samsung Galaxy S5 (also with LineageOS) is much faster.
    • Scenario 2: When i try to control the lovetoy (Lovense Lush 3), it disconnects multiple times per minute. My girlfriends iphone works well...
    My Phone:
    Nokia 6.1 (TA-1043)

I hope the log is helpful. The JBL firmware upgrade starts around 14:31 in the log.

@theimpulson I hope you can fix that. If you need an other log, tell me the command I need to run.

Nope, no logs are present. I would need logs for both issues collected while the issue is happening.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
  • First: Thank you for that awsome rom.

My Phone:
    Nokia 6.1 (TA-1043)

pls file a bug ticket as described on the wiki, it walks you through getting a log correctly and sharing it.

warchild98

Nov 27, 2015
    Well, after using it for almost two weeks I encountered some issues:
    1. Automatic Brightness can be sometimes inacurrate and tends to be very buggy especially in dark places.
    2. OTG doesn't work at all.
    3. Wavelet (and other equalizers) has some sort of a problems with sound processing and I think it's because of DynamicsProcessing library not configured properly.
    These errors: "wavelet was unable to instantiate bass boost" and "wavelet was unable to instantiate dynamicsprocessing effects"
    @theimpulson can you a commit something like this https://android.googlesource.com/device/google/marlin/+/3a44f94401dc3e87732f900046cc97cd0ddee9c3^!/, but for our Nokia 6.1?
    That would be really awsome..
    Other than these I have 0 complaints so far.
    The rom it's still great..but I'm thinking switching back to 17.1 since I really need OTG.
    I'll be back on 18.1 once these problems are gone.
    Does OTG work in 17.1?

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
  • Well, after using it for almost two weeks I encountered some issues:
    1. Automatic Brightness can be sometimes inacurrate and tends to be very buggy especially in dark places.
    3. Wavelet (and other equalizers) has some sort of a problems with sound processing and I think it's because of DynamicsProcessing library not configured properly.
    These errors: "wavelet was unable to instantiate bass boost" and "wavelet was unable to instantiate dynamicsprocessing effects"
    @theimpulson can you a commit something like this https://android.googlesource.com/device/google/marlin/+/3a44f94401dc3e87732f900046cc97cd0ddee9c3^!/, but for our Nokia 6.1?
    The rom it's still great..but I'm thinking switching back to 17.1 since I really need OTG.
    Does OTG work in 17.1?
    That commit makes no sense for sdm660... Don't think we support that, or need them. Sounds like a poorly coded app?

We're working on OTG. I don't think it ever worked in custom ROMs on PL2. Didn't notice until now.

Reactions: theimpulson

yesimxev

May 8, 2017
    Well, after using it for almost two weeks I encountered some issues:
    Does OTG work in 17.1?
    Hi, yes it worked on LOS17.1. I've found the temporary workaround. Very odd. If you fastboot boot twrp and flash the kernel (probably would work with ROM too), OTG will work as xhci driver will be able to load. Never seen anything like this

Reactions: warchild98

datigumx

Apr 6, 2021
    Apologies, I was busy with personal matters last weekend. I will be working on it today, got a tester with a similar model in my beta testing telegram group, so if you want to monitor the progress, you can hop in there. I will post progress here anyway, so not a requirement.
    No need to apologise, I appreciate your response!
    I have to say this phone is an absolute joy to use with LOS 18.1. Fast, responsive, great look & feel...
    Keep up the great work!

Reactions: yesimxev

ieperlingetje

Oct 28, 2016
    No need to apologise, I appreciate your response!
    I have to say this phone is an absolute joy to use with LOS 18.1. Fast, responsive, great look & feel...
    Keep up the great work!

So I see you got this working. Was this with the beta build of lineaegeos recovery theimpulsion made? With TWRP still no luck for me and bootloops, even with the instructions from someone trying to help (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-11-0-unofficial-lineageos-18-1-pl2.4177467/post-84814963). After flashing lineageos and booting again the 2nd time in twrp to start installing mindthegapps, twrp remains stuck on the splash screen.

datigumx

Apr 6, 2021
    So I see you got this working. Was this with the beta build of lineaegeos recovery theimpulsion made? With TWRP still no luck for me and bootloops, even with the instructions from someone trying to help (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-11-0-unofficial-lineageos-18-1-pl2.4177467/post-84814963). After flashing lineageos and booting again the 2nd time in twrp to start installing mindthegapps, twrp remains stuck on the splash screen.
    No, I used the lineage-18.1-20210406* files (including Recovery), and the instructions at https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/PL2/install. The only problem was that I was completely 'blind' while in recovery.

ieperlingetje

Oct 28, 2016
    Finally got it working,... and realized I'm an idiot. When I reflashed TWRP after installing lineageos 18, i used the TWRP for android 10 again, and of course that won't boot. switched twrp image to the android 11 version after flashing lineageos to install mindthegapps, and everything went without problems. For those that have issues to flash twrp, first do:

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery twrp-xx.img

this will throw an error, but it this means it succeeded.

Next do

Code:
    fastboot boot twrp-xx.img
    and it will boot.

And now I'm a happy lineageos 18 user. Thanks for the help everyone and the volunteer who made this build possible (y)

Edit: will exfat support be added in the future? Not allowed due to licensing

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      I noticed, that my device often runs out of memory, so i had a look into swap on zram. I found, that the files provided on the vendor partition contain entries for creating swap on a zram device:
      Both /vendor/etc/fstab.qcom and /vendor/bin/init.qcom.post_boot.sh seem to do something for setting up zram and enabling swap.
      After boot however /sys/block/zram0/disksize shows "0".
      Can swap on zram be enabled automatically?

I enabled zram and swap manually:
      Code:
      echo 1 > /sys/block/zram0/reset
      echo 2G > /sys/block/zram0/disksize
      mkswap /dev/block/zram0
      swapon /dev/block/zram0

Afterwards my device feels much more responsive, when switching between apps.

Except for doing these steps manually over the adb root shell, there remains one more thing, that might need tweaking: /sys/block/zram0/max_comp_streams should probably be set to 4 to allow usage of either the fast or the slow cpu cores.
      I noticed, that my device often runs out of memory, so i had a look into swap on zram. I found, that the files provided on the vendor partition contain entries for creating swap on a zram device:
      Both /vendor/etc/fstab.qcom and /vendor/bin/init.qcom.post_boot.sh seem to do something for setting up zram and enabling swap.

Code:
      mkswap /dev/block/zram0
      swapon /dev/block/zram0

Except for doing these steps manually over the adb root shell, there remains one more thing, that might need tweaking: /sys/block/zram0/max_comp_streams should probably be set to 4 to allow usage of either the fast or the slow cpu cores.
      We can look into it!

EDIT: Oof - fix is merged lol - that was dead simple: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_nokia_sdm660-common/+/311736

Next build will have proper ZRAM working! haha.
      Firstly I wanted to thank all of the contributors for LineageOS and for the Nokia 6.1 version in particular. I've only been using this for a few weeks and it has been super easy to install, updates have all gone smoothly and my phone is mostly running very well with great battery life too (not a given on a second hand phone of this age).

I have one nagging problem with playing music, and playlists in particular. The default Eleven music player allows me to create a playlist but crashes and closes when I try to add a song to it.

I've tried Shuttle and Vinyl which seem to work but when you look at the playlist after adding songs, it is empty. Simple Music Player actually does work for this, so I've been using it (but it has other odd behaviours and it's not my favourite music player overall).

If anyone can help with this I'd be be very grateful but if not you still have my thanks for a great OS overall.
      Thanks for the feedback. Can you please provide a logcat and steps to reproduce the issue?
      Sure, the steps to recreate are simple:
      1. Open the music app.
      2. Select the three dots next to a song and choose the 'add to playlist' option.
      Then it crashes.

I've attached a logcat file but let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks!

P.S. I have tried to attach the text file and it seemed to be successful but I can't see an attachment on this post. Is there another way you would like me to send this?

Another edit: I've tried a few times and the file isn't showing as attached to the post that I can see. This is the part of the logcat that from the crash, I'm not sure if you need any more but as it is a long file I've just copied out this part:

--------- beginning of crash 05-28 06:45:25.961 6514 6514 E AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main 05-28 06:45:25.961 6514 6514 E AndroidRuntime: Process: org.lineageos.eleven, PID: 6514 05-28 06:45:25.961 6514 6514 E AndroidRuntime: java.lang.SecurityException: org.lineageos.eleven has no access to content://media/external_primary/audio/media/651 05-28 06:45:25.961 6514 6514 E AndroidRuntime: at android.os.Parcel.createExceptionOrNull(Parcel.java:2373) 05-28 06:45:25.961 6514 6514 E AndroidRuntime: at android.os.Parcel.createException(Parcel.java:2357) 05-28 06:45:25.961 6514 6514 E AndroidRuntime: at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:2340) 05-28 06:45:25.961 6514 6514 E AndroidRuntime: at android.database.DatabaseUtils.readExceptionFromParcel(DatabaseUtils.java:190) 05-28 06:45:25.961 6514 6514 E AndroidRuntime: at android.database.DatabaseUtils.readExceptionFromParcel(DatabaseUtils.java:142) 05-28 06:45:25.961 6514 6514 E AndroidRuntime: at android.content.ContentProviderProxy.bulkInsert(ContentProviderNative.java:573) 05-28 06:45:25.961 6514 6514 E AndroidRuntime: at android.content.ContentResolver.bulkInsert(ContentResolver.java:2230) 05-28 06:45:25.961 6514 6514 E AndroidRuntime: at org.lineageos.eleven.utils.MusicUtils.addToPlaylist(MusicUtils.java:1051) 05-28 06:45:25.961 6514 6514 E AndroidRuntime: at org.lineageos.eleven.utils.PopupMenuHelper.lambda$onMenuItemClick$0$PopupMenuHelper(PopupMenuHelper.java:362) 05-28 06:45:25.961 6514 6514 E AndroidRuntime: at org.lineageos.eleven.utils.-$$Lambda$PopupMenuHelper$Ya3f2d5UoZFaVt0jIhlMWJb1Kn0.onClick(Unknown Source:4) 05-28 06:45:25.961 6514 6514 E AndroidRuntime: at com.android.internal.app.AlertController$AlertParams$3.onItemClick(AlertController.java:1250) 05-28 06:45:25.961 6514 6514 E AndroidRuntime: at android.widget.AdapterView.performItemClick(AdapterView.java:330) 05-28 06:45:25.961 6514 6514 E AndroidRuntime: at android.widget.AbsListView.performItemClick(AbsListView.java:1187) 05-28 06:45:25.961 6514 6514 E AndroidRuntime: at android.widget.AbsListView$PerformClick.run(AbsListView.java:3179) 05-28 06:45:25.961 6514 6514 E AndroidRuntime: at android.widget.AbsListView$3.run(AbsListView.java:4097) 05-28 06:45:25.961 6514 6514 E AndroidRuntime: at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:938) 05-28 06:45:25.961 6514 6514 E AndroidRuntime: at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99) 05-28 06:45:25.961 6514 6514 E AndroidRuntime: at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:223) 05-28 06:45:25.961 6514 6514 E AndroidRuntime: at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:7660) 05-28 06:45:25.961 6514 6514 E AndroidRuntime: at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method) 05-28 06:45:25.961 6514 6514 E AndroidRuntime: at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:592) 05-28 06:45:25.961 6514 6514 E AndroidRuntime: at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:947)
      I find the widget for music player is unresponsive. Work around has been to start the music app, choose my song, then return to widget. Only then can I pause, play, forward etc.

The mod is quite frankly....amazing. Not sure if it's the differences between Android 10 and 11 or just kick butt Lineage o/S but my battery life improved dramatically.

Crossing fingers for Android security level patch Magisk boot image.
      Official builds will start rolling out soon. 1st post has been updated as required. The changelog can be seen here. Bug reports for the same are welcome on the official issue tracker.
      Thanks, with that version I was now able to flash lineageos. If someone can help: Now I stumble on another issue. Since TWRP flashes to the inactive partition, how can I install gapps? Because the only way I can boot twrp is with

Code:
      fastboot flash boot....
      , but that overwrites the boot image again, so then lineageos won't start.
      Yes, that took me long time to decipher too last two weekends. Anyway, you "simply":

1. Go to fastboot
      2. Boot TWRP:
      Bash:
      3. Install LineageOS
      4. Hit Back
      5. Hit Reboot
      6. Change slot
      7. Hit Bootloader
      8. Boot TWRP:
      Bash:
      9. Install gapps
      10. Install Magisk (if you want root)
      11. Reboot

In words - you are i.e. on slot A, go to TWRP and install LineageOS. It will be installed to B. You then change slot, go to fastboot and enter TWRP again. This time you will be on B slot so you can continue with Gapps and others.

Code:
      mkswap /dev/block/zram0
      swapon /dev/block/zram0

We can look into it!

EDIT: Oof - fix is merged lol - that was dead simple: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_nokia_sdm660-common/+/311736

Next build will have proper ZRAM working! haha.
      Well..I just upgraded from 17.1 to 18.1 and all I can say is: This rom rocks!
      This is actually better than 17.1, especially the perfomance, battery life and camera quality (even tho I use Google Camera app from playstore).
      I really like the recent apps UI, it looks great and the fact that you can screenshot apps individualy makes it even better.
      I'm impressed.
      Gotta test it more

Code:
      mkswap /dev/block/zram0
      swapon /dev/block/zram0

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone