[ROM][11.0][UNOFFICIAL]LineageOS 18.1 [SERRANOVELTE GT-I9195I]

Search This thread

mernurisha

Oct 6, 2018
on official website

You're grumbling here, not giving any precise information.
I do not know which gapps version from where you have installed, to my knowledge there is no official Gapps support for arm32 devices in Android-R.
Everything here is voluntary. If you don't like it go to stock rom.
You paid for nothing here. Therefore you cant make any claims.

Skerleton

Feb 6, 2019

miccca

May 5, 2019
amsterdam
@mernurisha,sorry to bother you again unfortunately it is back (when i switch on the loudspeaker during conversation then my conversation partner suffers from reverberation) I can still remember that at Los 16 had no problem with it I have returned to Los 16 to test and indeed no problem. Now I am on LOS18 again and the problem is still present. to clarify During conversation I press the speaker key then start the reverberation. I hope you are willing to check again. thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210311-201600.png
    Screenshot_20210311-201600.png
    43.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Reactions: mernurisha

mernurisha

Oct 6, 2018
@mernurisha,sorry to bother you again unfortunately it is back (when i switch on the loudspeaker during conversation then my conversation partner suffers from reverberation) I can still remember that at Los 16 had no problem with it I have returned to Los 16 to test and indeed no problem. Now I am on LOS18 again and the problem is still present. to clarify During conversation I press the speaker key then start the reverberation. I hope you are willing to check again. thank you.

Thanks for admin, will check soon.

Reactions: miccca

hermes127

Feb 7, 2021
Hi, can I install this ROM even into a Samsung S4 Mini GT-I9195? In the OP is written GT-I9195I and I don't know if the final I makes big differences. Thanks.

mernurisha

Oct 6, 2018
@mernurisha,i found a bug notification dots not working not so important to me just want to make a report. thank you.

It works. You must grant permissions for notifications.
Press and hold on a free space on the home screen and select:

Home Settings > Notifications dots > Change settings > Trebuchet > Allow notifications access

Reactions: miccca

x53

May 8, 2013
I've installed the ROM, it works very nice and smooth. Keyboard has good accuracy and reacts nice,too. I rooted succesfully with Magisk v22. Only within the Camera App I haven't found the setting for saving images to external SD. Did I miss something?
Toggle button-backlight is only possible during active display. I used root and ADB for this test. Sadly it doesn't work with inactive display for notification purposes, e.g. using tasker app.
Code:
echo 1 > /sys/devices/soc.0/i2c.71/i2c-7/7-0020/leds/button-backlight/brightness
Maybe an powersaving problem? I've no clue.

Last edited:

JFK1975

Jun 27, 2016
Berlin
Thanks once again for your hard and great work on our device(ツ) .
Really enjoy your last build which seems Mord responsive👌except my external SD isn't recognized anymore right. System says it has to be formatted and when format is started the device is rebooting after some time. There is only the Boot screen for minutes. Had already problems with ext SD before, but it was a different SD and it seems there are different i9195i variants. Till now SD worked fine with all of your builds.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi. Thanks to mernurisha for this ROM. I just installed it and it works very well. :)

I have a question: I don't want to install GApps but I consider having MicroG. For MicroG there is signature spoofing needed. Is this somehow possible with this ROM and if yes does anyone have a hint how to do it?

All the best, rom4nb

Next build will have the signature spoofing support. Be patient.

I think I have found a bug:
    The search function is missing in the music app. There is usually a search button in the music app next to the three dots that open the menu.
    See the attached screenshots: on the left Galaxy S4 Mini with missing search, on the right how it should be (here example from my other Samsung Smartphone)
    As it is the system music app I see no way to reinstall the app myself. Maybe it's a bug of the ROM? Can someone confirm this bug?View attachment 5280185

This is lineage mistake (I guess since android 9 or 10), has nothing to do with this build.
    Use another music player.
    You can also try this build. I made this for fun :cool:
    lineage-15.1-20210415-UNOFFICIAL-serranovelte
    This TWRP-3.3.1-0-serranovelte is required.
    Will reinstall help? Or do I need to find another app?
    Do you know which pedometer app is compatible with this rom?

I don't know if my device has built-in step counter.
    It is displayed in AIDA64, but I think we have different hardware.
    Try with this app: Accupedo. In the settings change Sensing method to internal g-sensor.

GPS also works for me. VoLTE is not supported by my network operator, so I cannot test it.

But I found another problem yesterday: when I want to share the screen over WIFI, I see the TV and I can start the connection (TV also shows connection in progress). But as soon as you think connection is now established and the screen should be shared, the phone reboots. I tried several times, the screen share always triggered a reboot.

As Nokono said, the VoLTE problem is well known. The problem with screencast in the last LOS rom, unfortunately can not say anything about it. I use the AEX rom and the mirroring via chromcast to TV works fine.
    However, in the next May LOS update will also work.
    New update for download is on the first page.

- Signature Spoofing/MicroG support
    - May 2021 security patch
    Another issue - looks like notifications do not appear on the icon of the app - e.g., number of unread messages isn't shown in Telegram/Whatsapp apps.
    Hello ynodir.

Try this:
    • Tap and hold on home screen
    • start screen settings
    • app notification points (2nd option)
    • advanced (at very bottom)
    • activate: app notification point on app symbol
    Look at the blue graph. LineageOS 11 looks like software rendering, because CPU usage is much higher than stock rom. Just a hunch.

Check developer settings. There are graphic driver settings per App and HW-Overlay. Maybe they have some affect?!

Btw the used app version is good enough for old kitkat os but maybe not optimized for the new lineage os?
    Do you have an idea why this (hardware driver issue, OpenGL librarie difference, driver version, 64 bits ? )

I can do additionnal tests if needed.

Thank you

First of all, thanks for the advice. After some modifications in the build here is the result on my device with the last version of Lineage.

3DMarkAndroid_2021-05-14_22-11-28.jpg

I think these scores vary a lot. I do not know if this is reliable.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed.
    All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo.

Here is the first Android 11 for Serranovelte GT-I9195I.

Whats working?
    • Almost everything

Not working yet
    • SELinux is permissive

Installation:

1. Download the zip(s)
    2. Install a compatible Recovery (TWRP-3.5.2_9)
    3. Perform a backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    4. Make a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik)
    5. Flash rom lineage-18.1
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps
    7. Reboot

Important:
    Do not install lineage recovery (leave the box unchecked) during the first setup after the fresh installation of the build.
    If your TWRP has been overwritten, you will need to reinstall it.

Source code:
    https://github.com/lineageos
    https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][11.0][UNOFFICIAL]LineageOS 18.1 [SERRANOVELTE GT-I9195I], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini

Contributors
    mernurisha
    ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Security patch level: May 2021

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2020-11-16
    Last Updated 2021-05-09
    Hi Guys.
    A new build coming soon with several fixes.
    So please hit the thanks button, if you like my work.
    New build with february security update

- Wifi Hotspot works properly now
    - Expanded menu of USB charging via PC works

lineage-18.1-20210208-UNOFFICIAL-serranovelte
    New build with january 2021 security patch

Fixed:
    - LiveDisplay support
    - Screen lock settings

lineage-18.1-20210109-UNOFFICIAL-serranovelte

Pictures preview in Snap camera does not work. Only in Gallery app.
    SELinux still in permissive mode.

Enjoy
    New update

Synced with the last LineageOS sources

- NFC Android Beam
    - Wifi hotspot works
    - New GPS files

lineageos-18-1
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures