[ROM][11.0][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 [sumire] [STABLE]

Search This thread

psi78

I wish crdroid was stable...
It has some insane issues with YouTube app and any chromium based browser, it crashes an app itself or a whole phone.
About a governor - I will look into that, the thing I want is to cool it down.
you can also use this fix (see link below) to reduce cpu load from Google Play/Voice. This breaks Google Assistant Voice functions though.
Or turn off Google Voice Match in
Settings/apps and notifications/Default apps/Digital assistant app/Voice recognition
to avoid constant listening of it.

Last edited:

psi78

It has some insane issues with YouTube app and any chromium based browser, it crashes an app itself or a whole phone.
With Flamegapps installed/many stock apps removed, naptime installed, the Google Voice Assistant cpu fix, the build.prop tweaks, quick settings: Wlan and mobile LTE connection on/Power Saving on/Data Saving on/Sync on/Location on, and the other optimzations like Smartpack Kernel Manager - CPU governor relaxed for little CPU, Smartpack - CPU Hotplug setting minimum number of big CPU cores to 0:
My CPU cores of litte cpu (cores 0-3) often clock down to minimum 384Mhz in idle state (if no updates or sync is running), and big cpu (cores 4-7) are mostly shut down during idle state.
See photo (CPU info app on sumire crdroid 11)

Attachments

• IMG_20220823_115917_burst_01_kindlephoto-20479976.jpg
    IMG_20220823_115917_burst_01_kindlephoto-20479976.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

psi78

I made Chrome and Brave Browser work on crdroid 11 now, by setting SELinux to permissive with Smartpack Kernel Manager

psi78

I explained it wrong, I tried Open Camera, Footej, flashable Gcam, Gcam Go (Snapchat, Instagram, Messenger, Facebook etc. lags too) and it still laggy when zooming in on the camera or shooting video in 4K quality (the problem is directly in Android, laggy camera has persisted on Z5P since Lineage OS version 15) I tried to fix it in various amateur ways but I didn't succeed, I would like to use this android as everyday but it is not possible because of this bugs
I managed to fix the camera Autofocus problems on crdroid 11 for sumire like this, probably works on this rom too:

Edited /system/build.prop in TWRP (mount system partition first, then use TWRP File Manager in Advanced section, click on the file and edit) and set
camera.disable_zsl_mode=0
(instead of 1).

Now photos with the camera are sharp, especially in a closer distance/for documents, QR codes or the like.

See https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-kernel-unofficial-11-0-crdroid.4284023/post-87384349 for an image comparison

Last edited:

psi78

I'm not sure, what Zero Shutter Lag (the time between pressing the camera button and storing the taken picture) has to do with focussing...
I don't know that too, but if you look at the pictures i linked in the crdroid11 posting there's a clear difference, the focus seems not right. With ZSL disabled and pressing the camera button, it looks like the camera is trying to autofocus for a while, then the picture is unsharp. With ZSL enabled the photo is taken much quicker and the autofocus better.

Berni-0815

Sep 22, 2016
Germany
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
I've seen your comparison.
But my goal is to understand what's going on. And afaik our z5* devices can't use "ZSL" techniques.
If you grab a LOG you will see that "ZSL" is always off; no matter what you set in disable_zsl_mode.

Berni-0815

Sep 22, 2016
Germany
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
With ZSL disabled and pressing the camera button, it looks like the camera is trying to autofocus for a while, then the picture is unsharp. With ZSL enabled the photo is taken much quicker and the autofocus better.
I can confirm this, nevertheless I can't understand why this happens!!!! o_O
I've searched all source code files for the string "disable_zsl_mode" but it is only used in frameworks' libcameraservice and only in the source code file Parameters.cpp only for the camera's parameter setting.
No further usage.
Really weird!

psi78

I've seen your comparison.
But my goal is to understand what's going on. And afaik our z5* devices can't use "ZSL" techniques.
If you grab a LOG you will see that "ZSL" is always off; no matter what you set in disable_zsl_mode.
What log do you mean, logcat?

For me (on crdroid11) logcat doesn't show ZSL messages. Only once when i played around with the camera2 api instead of standard camera api in Open Camera app, logcat showed ZSL messages (enabled 0) for camera2 api. But camera2 api can't even be used properly - or when i try to use it in open camera app, then no photos are recorded. So either camera1 api is used i guess.
According to this (quite old) thread, camera2 api of the Android framework doesn't support ZSL fully, but camera1 api does.

Well the behaviour what can be seen when ZSL disabled is 0, is at least different for documents/ close range photos: it does autofocus properly when i hold the camera over the document, then i click on the photo button, then without delay a sharp photo is taken.
With ZSL disabled 1 it tries to autofocus again after i press the camera button and the photo turns unsharp.

From what i've read ZSL leads to the driver enabling getting the photo from a live buffer, so it looks to me it does just that with ZSL disabled 0 (because there is no more delay when pressing camera button - in contrast to ZSL disabled 1).
From where did you get the information that Z5 doesn't support ZSL?

Last edited:

psi78

I can confirm this, nevertheless I can't understand why this happens!!!! o_O
I've searched all source code files for the string "disable_zsl_mode" but it is only used in frameworks' libcameraservice and only in the source code file Parameters.cpp only for the camera's parameter setting.
No further usage.
Really weird!
Hmm, maybe it's because of a part of the camera driver is loaded from eeprom (hardware readonly chip)?🤔
Looks like it in logcat, see attached image

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220905-193131434.jpg
    Screenshot_20220905-193131434.jpg
    347.1 KB · Views: 34

psi78

FYI, Chrome works now on crdroid 11 ROM (also with the standard installation SELinux enforcing setting). Youtube still crashing Android though.

See https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-kernel-unofficial-11-0-crdroid.4284023/post-87481783

Edit: hmm no didn't work out, crashing again now

Last edited:

dogansan

Sep 2, 2022
seems vendor miss some camera libs

as you can see

Code:
07-02 13:03:33.021   837   837 E mm-camera-img: frameproc_comp_reload_lib:1049] Error opening frameproc library libmmcamera_chromaflash_lib.so error dlopen failed: library "libchromaflash.so" not found: needed by /system/vendor/lib/libmmcamera_chromaflash_lib.so in namespace (default)

07-02 13:03:33.025   837   837 E mm-camera-img: frameproc_comp_reload_lib:1049] Error opening frameproc library libmmcamera_optizoom_lib.so error dlopen failed: library "liboptizoom.so" not found: needed by /system/vendor/lib/libmmcamera_optizoom_lib.so in namespace (default)

07-02 13:03:33.028   837   837 E mm-camera-img: frameproc_comp_reload_lib:1049] Error opening frameproc library libmmcamera_ubifocus_lib.so error dlopen failed: library "libubifocus.so" not found: needed by /system/vendor/lib/libmmcamera_ubifocus_lib.so in namespace (default)

07-02 13:03:33.034   837   837 E mm-camera-img: frameproc_comp_reload_lib:1049] Error opening frameproc library libmmcamera_trueportrait_lib.so error dlopen failed: library "libtrueportrait.so" not found: needed by /system/vendor/lib/libmmcamera_trueportrait_lib.so in namespace (default)

07-02 13:03:33.037   837   837 E mm-camera-img: frameproc_comp_reload_lib:1049] Error opening frameproc library libmmcamera_stillmore_lib.so error dlopen failed: library "libseemore.so" not found: needed by /system/vendor/lib/libmmcamera_stillmore_lib.so in namespace (default)

here a commit to solve the issue
I am now running lineage 19.1 on my Z5, I checked the files listed in this commit is still missing in our rom. Do we have to insert these files to /system/vendor/lib and how ?

psi78

psi78

For anyone wanting much better camera photo image quality (edit: atnleastbin suboptimal.lighting condtions), use Hedgecam 2, Camera2-API works there!
See my post on crdroid11 rom for sumire:

Last edited:

psi78

I am now running lineage 19.1 on my Z5, I checked the files listed in this commit is still missing in our rom. Do we have to insert these files to /system/vendor/lib and how ?
Easiest way to modify the files in /system directory (and cooy those files to those dirctories where they are missing) is from TWRP:
- go to TWRP mount section first and mount System partition as writable
- then in TWRP Advanced use Terminal and cp command, or use TWRP File Manager

You can also do that from adb or a Terminal app like Termux, then you'd have to remount System partition as writable.

Edit: To make yourself familiar with the file system structure, you can also look at the System partition (read only/unless you remount it as writable) with apps like FX File Explorer or Cx File Explorer (in Cx File explorer showing the System partition must be activated in settings) and the subdirectory /system/vendor/lib on the System partition. You can also search for libs then with these apps.

Last edited:

dogansan

Sep 2, 2022
Easiest way to modify the files in /system directory (and cooy those files to those dirctories where they are missing) is from TWRP:
- go to TWRP mount section first and mount System partition as writable
- then in TWRP Advanced use Terminal and cp command, or use TWRP File Manager

You can also do that from adb or a Terminal app like Termux, then you'd have to remount System partition as writable.

Edit: To make yourself familiar with the file system structure, you can also look at the System partition (read only/unless you remount it as writable) with apps like FX File Explorer or Cx File Explorer (in Cx File explorer showing the System partition must be activated in settings) and the subdirectory /system/vendor/lib on the System partition. You can also search for libs then with these apps.
Thanks, I didi however I could not see any observable improvement in focus, camera sluggishness and quick QR code recognation in Whatsapp login.

Reactions: psi78

psi78

It works but it is not better than default camera app or opencamera
I think it depends on the lighting conditions.
With good lighting there's not much of a difference and the Hedgecam app apparently just uses a singe snaphsot to make the photo.
With suboptimal lighting (see the pictures i showed in the crdroid thread) the Hedgecam app apparently used a series of 3 consecutive images when taking a photo with Camera2-API (which took longer to make the photo), but the sharpness and image quality was a lot better then, so apparantl ly it uses post-processing with 2/3 snapshots to enhance the image quality then.
It would be interesting if that can be turned on for all pictures, even in daylight, but i haven't found yet out how/if that's possible.

And not to forget, you can set jpeg image quality to 100 instead of 90 to prevent image quality loss because of jpeg compression, but that's possible in Open Camera too.

Edit: regarding the Autofocus this worked for me to make it work better in close distance (apparently the photo is taken then directly out of the live buffer and it doesn't try to autofocus again with ZSL not disabled): https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...geos-18-1-sumire-stable.4174189/post-87384359

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */
    Introduction
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Bugs

What's working:

• Boot
    • Bluetooth
    • Bluetooth Headphone (Media / In-Call)
    • Camera / Camcorder
    • Double Tap to Wake
    • Torch
    • Fingerprint Sensor
    • FM Radio
    • RIL (LTE/Call/SMS)
    • GPS
    • WiFi
    • WiFi Hotspot (2.4/5Ghz)
    • USB (ADB/MTP/PTP)
    • Audio Playback
    • Video Playback
    • NFC
    • LED lights
    • Sensors
    • ExFAT SDCard
    • USB OTG (From Quick tiles -> Add USB OTG tile -> Press it)
    • Hardware Encryption
    • SELinux is enforcing

What's not working:
    • You tell me.

Installation instructions

• Download the zip(s).
    • Install a compatible Recovery
    • Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    • Wipe system / data / cache partitions
    • Flash ROM.
    • Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    • Optional: Install Magisk for Root.

Supported models:
    • E6603, E6633, E6653, E6683

Downloads
    Recovery : My Unofficial TWRP (Doesn't support decrpytion)
    Gapps : MindTheGapps Arm64 11.0
    NikGApps 11.0
    Rom : Download

Sources
    Device/Kernel/Vendor Tree: Sources

Donate
    DONATE To Me

Big Thanks
    • LineageOS Team.
    • @Myself5
    • @Olivier97
    • all sony-msm8994 contributors.

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 18 for Xperia Z5, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z5

Contributors
    tarkzim
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock 7.1
    Based On: LineageOS
    New build released
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r38 with June security patches.
    • Upstream updates and fixes.
    • Fixed Bluetooth audio issues.
    • Fixed WiFi Mac address issues.
    • Fixed connection of WPA3 WiFi APs.
    • Fixed some audio performance issues.
    • VoIP audio related changes.
    • Switched to OnePlus2's Perf/Thermal stack - for better thermal controlling and performances.
    Reserved

2021/10/29
    • Fixed an issue that caused by SELinux which prevents sensors from working.
    2021/10/06
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r46 with October security patches.
    • Now it will detect your REAL model name, so you might be able to be recognized by stock flasher.
    2021/09/12
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r43 with September security patches.
    2021/08/07 - V2
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r40 with August security patches.
    • Updated sdcardfs sources, might fix Play store app with obb installation issues.
    2021/07/14
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r39 with July security patches.
    • Tweaked power configs.
    • Added AptX HD codecs for bluetooth audio.
    2021/06/14
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r38 with June security patches.
    • Fixed Bluetooth audio issues.
    • Fixed WiFi Mac address issues.
    • Fixed connection of WPA3 WiFi APs.
    • Fixed some audio performance issues.
    • VoIP audio related changes.
    • Switched to OnePlus2's Perf/Thermal stack - for better thermal controlling and performances.

2021/05/08
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r37 with May security patches.
    • Kernel updates.
    • Added VoLTE features (But seems not working for now, please test normal telephony features)
    • SELinux policies updated for sdcard.
    2021/04/17
    • Bring back FM Radio.
    • Fixed ConfigStore HAL.
    • Fixed some issues related to SELinux which was causing random crashes.
    • Fixed DRM HAL crashing issues (Google Chrome).
    2021/04/11
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r34 with April security patches.
    • Reduced microphone echoes while calling.
    2021/03/06
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r32 with March security patches.
    • Fixed "Reboot to recovery" feature.
    • Fixed WiFi hotspot.
    • Minor updates.

2021/02/09
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r29 with February security patches.
    • Updated sdFAT drivers to fix exFAT SDCard issues.
    • Fixed fingerprint remove issues.
      (If you have old fingers enrolled, i suggest you to remove them from TWRP)
      REMOVE this
      Code:
      /data/system/user/0/fpdata
    • Minor updates.

New TWRP build released - 3.5.0_9-1
    • Updated prebuilt kernel.
    • Support recovery flashing from TWRP.

2021/01/12
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r27 with January security patches.
    • Updated to LineageOS 18.1.
    • LineageOS features updates.
    • Bring back Snap camera.
    • Disabled some LiveDisplay features to help with battery life.
    • Minor updates.

2020/11/14
    • Fixed broken camera issues of previous build.
    • Kang OSS GPS and blobs from Oneplus 2, fixes GPS crash properly.

2020/11/07
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r17 with November security patches.
    • Fixed Random reboots caused by GPS crashes.
    • Minor Fingerprint HAL updates.
    • Updated sepolicies for camera.
    • Restore CPU clocks to original values.

2020/10/26
    • Fixed Camera / Camcorder (Proper fix, not using prebuilt patches), stock Snap camera might not be good, try Footej or Open Camera from Play store.
    • Fixed Audio related issues.
    • Update DRM WideVine to R from coral-user-11-RP1A.200720009-6720564.
    • Updated Health HAL to 2.1.

2020/10/11
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r4 with October security patches.
    • Fixed Fingerprint sensor.
    • Fixed UI/Touch lags.
    • Fixed Developer options crashes.

2020/10/08
    • Initial release of LineageOS 18.0 for Z5.
    New build released
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r40 with August security patches.

UPDATE:

V2 has been uploaded, which contains a missing change below:
    • Updated sdcardfs sources, might fix Play store app with obb installation issues.
    New build released
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r27 with January security patches.
    • Updated to LineageOS 18.1.
    • Bring back Snap camera.
    • Disabled some LiveDisplay features to help with battery life.
    • Minor updates.