• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11.0][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 [sumire] [STABLE]

Search This thread

seppilein

Nov 28, 2017
Dear all!
I installed the latest ROM 20210508 and MindTheGapps-11.0.0 (20210412_124247) and I find the lineage camera app (Kamera) crashes:
camera app version 2.02.072 (eng.tark.20210508.155817-00) org.lineageos.snap
I can launch the camera app only from within the gallery app, there is no camera app in the launcher. The gallery app tries to open the camera (the screen changes), but then quickly returns. After a frew attempts Android tells me that the camera app crashed several times and takes me to the system settings.

Another app, Simple Camera (v.5.3.1) from simplemobiletools gives the error message:
open camera java lang illegalArgumentException supportsCameraApi 2348 Unknown Camera ID

The release notes of this ROM state, that the camera was functioning, the forum posts suggests that AF might be a bit tricky.

Therefore I conclude, I do something wrong.
What should I do to make the camera work?
regards,
sulla

Last edited:

kerimcem

Jan 16, 2015
hello.
i use turkey vodafone.
phone call screen not showing,only sound is coming.
uuGXMmVTnQ4z2vWD8DQqSDA7KGIz0S.png

this screen(sample)
10(17.1) no problem.

Reactions: What is my nick

tarkzim

Recognized Developer
Feb 11, 2015
Kaohsiung
Sony Xperia Z
HTC One (m7)
New build released
  • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r38 with June security patches.
  • Upstream updates and fixes.
  • Fixed Bluetooth audio issues.
  • Fixed WiFi Mac address issues.
  • Fixed connection of WPA3 WiFi APs.
  • Fixed some audio performance issues.
  • VoIP audio related changes.
  • Switched to OnePlus2's Perf/Thermal stack - for better thermal controlling and performances.

MaRtYy01

Jan 13, 2015
Plovdiv
Thanks for the new update. I have noticed nothing but improvements. Performance is definitely better now, the issue with the cpu locking up at 960mhz is gone and the phone runs noticably much faster.

I also noticed that camera works better now, previously it had problems with focusing that required to restart the app but now they appear to be fixed which is great.

Just as last time, google play seems to refuse to install large games such as pubg and cod mobile which is very odd. Not sure if its related to the core nikgapps package? Fortunately I tried and sideloading the games works fine, so in the end it's not big of a deal.

The only issue I have noticed yet is offline charging, I hadn't tested it in the previous update so I'm not sure if it's a new bug. Basically my phone battery died and I plugged it in my 20000mah powerbank overnight. When I checked it in the morning it was still not fully charged(83%, after I turned it on to check exact percentage), however it was noticably warm and the powerbank was nearly flat(from 49 to 1%), which is odd as it can usually fully charge the phone more than 5 times. It supplies 5v3a(15w), maybe the phone doesn't agree with this current? Although I still find it weird, both the powerbank and the phone battery are in good health.

One last thing that might not be exacly related to the rom but more to the kernel in general, I have always noticed that when there is big task that requires a lot of power the phone would straight up disable the big cores and perform it on the small ones, regardless of the current temperature. That also happened on the stock rom. Probably to prevent overheating? I feel like that is the exact reason why the phone performs poorly in benchmarks and games, that require constant high performance. I wanted to do a comparision between 810 and 821 in gaming and honestly it seems that 810 would actually beat 821 if it wasn't limited by that issue.
TLDR I can't enable the big cores in more complicated tasks. Is there any possible workaround to this? I have a dedicated phone cooler so high temperature isn't a problem for me.
edit: I figured out the issue above. It's actually simply caused by the amount of battery available. If battery is below ~35-40% the phone will disable big cores under heavy load. If you plug in a charger, it will enable them again.

Last edited:

What is my nick

Jul 2, 2021
Hello @tarkzim thx for updates, i was update my device to 05082021(or 08052021 i don't remember how you put their names and i can't look for it because i can't use Phone now) i used Phone about 1 week, then i can't use it for a month , cause it won't open. When i plug in charging cable, it tries open, it writes sony, then it shutdown because of low Power, i couldn't see lineage os logo for more than a month, it wrotes sony, and shut's down, what can i do? I need that Phone as you wish :)
İ tried to load origin al kernel Room than load the patch you upload in june, but i can't load stock rom because of can't charging Phone, thx from Turkey <3
Note: i'm really sorry for my bad english

Last edited:

What is my nick

Jul 2, 2021
hello.
i use turkey vodafone.
phone call screen not showing,only sound is coming.
uuGXMmVTnQ4z2vWD8DQqSDA7KGIz0S.png

this screen(sample)
10(17.1) no problem.
İ was have the same problem, load your Phone Google Phone from play store, then go settings and set Google Phone defaul Phone app

Tr: Hacı bendede vardı aynısı, git play store dan Google Phone indir ayarlara gir varsayılan konuşma uygulamasını Google Phone yap, hem çok güzelde arayüzü

Reactions: kerimcem

HedgehogX

Apr 26, 2021
New build released
  • Switched to OnePlus2's Perf/Thermal stack - for better thermal controlling and performances.
Hi, Can you make an Aroma Installer for your ROM, with device choices "E6603, E6633, E6653, E6683"? This would fix promblems with the current device name change.

_harley

Mar 5, 2021
Sony Xperia Z5
seems vendor miss some camera libs

as you can see

Code:
07-02 13:03:33.021   837   837 E mm-camera-img: frameproc_comp_reload_lib:1049] Error opening frameproc library libmmcamera_chromaflash_lib.so error dlopen failed: library "libchromaflash.so" not found: needed by /system/vendor/lib/libmmcamera_chromaflash_lib.so in namespace (default)

07-02 13:03:33.025   837   837 E mm-camera-img: frameproc_comp_reload_lib:1049] Error opening frameproc library libmmcamera_optizoom_lib.so error dlopen failed: library "liboptizoom.so" not found: needed by /system/vendor/lib/libmmcamera_optizoom_lib.so in namespace (default)

07-02 13:03:33.028   837   837 E mm-camera-img: frameproc_comp_reload_lib:1049] Error opening frameproc library libmmcamera_ubifocus_lib.so error dlopen failed: library "libubifocus.so" not found: needed by /system/vendor/lib/libmmcamera_ubifocus_lib.so in namespace (default)

07-02 13:03:33.034   837   837 E mm-camera-img: frameproc_comp_reload_lib:1049] Error opening frameproc library libmmcamera_trueportrait_lib.so error dlopen failed: library "libtrueportrait.so" not found: needed by /system/vendor/lib/libmmcamera_trueportrait_lib.so in namespace (default)

07-02 13:03:33.037   837   837 E mm-camera-img: frameproc_comp_reload_lib:1049] Error opening frameproc library libmmcamera_stillmore_lib.so error dlopen failed: library "libseemore.so" not found: needed by /system/vendor/lib/libmmcamera_stillmore_lib.so in namespace (default)

here a commit to solve the issue
I'm thinking of trying this. If this works then i wont go back to the stock rom anymore

_harley

Mar 5, 2021
Sony Xperia Z5
Update About the Camera If you want to have Zoom or just want to capture pictures without lag i tried Lr (Adobe lightroom) and here's what i got so far

What's Working?
-----------------------
1.Zoom (digital Zoom)
2.Shutter Speed
3.ISO
4.Focus (Optical Focus)
5.16:9 / 3:1 / 1:1 / 4:3 while zooming
6, White Balance
-----------------------
Whats not working?
-----------------------
Flash

-----------------------
Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.adobe.lrmobile

Did anyone have BT issues when you make a call? I don't hear callers voice and he hears only noise.
But the music is fine, except one thing - headset which uses aptX on original firmware now uses only AAC or SBS. (In developer's options - BT codec)
Tested with 3 headsets and with same result on calls. On tablet with LOS18.1 (viennalte) I didn't have this issues.
Can anyone please give me a clue, how to fix it?

Last edited:

zeusdallas

Jul 10, 2021
here is what ı found so far:
-Low mic volume. It also is noisy. I think u should replace this with stock rom mic settings.
-Instagram front camera is laggy. Hopefully , u will solve this.
-LOS 18.1 stock camera has focusing problems. I think u should replace it with sony stock camera. If its possible ofc.

Did anyone have BT issues when you make a call? I don't hear callers voice and he hears only noise.
But the music is fine, except one thing - headset which uses aptX on original firmware now uses only AAC or SBS. (In developer's options - BT codec)
Tested with 3 headsets and with same result on calls. On tablet with LOS18.1 (viennalte) I didn't have this issues.
Can anyone please give me a clue, how to fix it?
Upd:
After full wipe and clean install get the same. Sometimes music shutters even if device and headset is close enough at line of sight.
Maybe I need to flash another kernel? I updated my device from rooted stock 7.1 to 18.1-20210411 with full wipe and to 18.1-20210614 after.
Also tried Magisk module to enable aptX, but device looses headsets dozen times in a minute and overheating.
This ROM works excellent with headset, device have same processor and BT version, maybe, some sources can be used on Z5.

Last edited:

_harley

Mar 5, 2021
Sony Xperia Z5
Upd:
After full wipe and clean install get the same. Sometimes music shutters even if device and headset is close enough at line of sight.
Maybe I need to flash another kernel? I updated my device from rooted stock 7.1 to 18.1-20210411 with full wipe and to 18.1-20210614 after.
Also tried Magisk module to enable aptX, but device looses headsets dozen times in a minute and overheating.
This ROM works excellent with headset, device have same processor and BT version, maybe, some sources can be used on Z5.

Upd:
I have the same issue where if i use Viper4Fx + Sony music app or any music app it sometimes stutters badly

Also tried using stock audio without viper4fx
Same result stutters badly both on FLAC 24/192 And Mp3 which is an issue with this OS

_harley

Mar 5, 2021
Sony Xperia Z5
I have the same issue where if i use Viper4Fx + Sony music app or any music app it sometimes stutters badly

Also tried using stock audio without viper4fx
Same result stutters badly both on FLAC 24/192 And Mp3 which is an issue with this OS
Update to this:

I tried making all the cores active and to my surprise they are less audio stutters.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */
    Introduction
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Bugs

What's working:

• Boot
    • Bluetooth
    • Bluetooth Headphone (Media / In-Call)
    • Camera / Camcorder
    • Double Tap to Wake
    • Torch
    • Fingerprint Sensor
    • FM Radio
    • RIL (LTE/Call/SMS)
    • GPS
    • WiFi
    • WiFi Hotspot (2.4/5Ghz)
    • USB (ADB/MTP/PTP)
    • Audio Playback
    • Video Playback
    • NFC
    • LED lights
    • Sensors
    • ExFAT SDCard
    • USB OTG (From Quick tiles -> Add USB OTG tile -> Press it)
    • Hardware Encryption
    • SELinux is enforcing

What's not working:
    • You tell me.

Installation instructions

• Download the zip(s).
    • Install a compatible Recovery
    • Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    • Wipe system / data / cache partitions
    • Flash ROM.
    • Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    • Optional: Install Magisk for Root.

Supported models:
    • E6603, E6633, E6653, E6683

Downloads
    Recovery : My Unofficial TWRP (Doesn't support decrpytion)
    Gapps : MindTheGapps Arm64 11.0
    NikGApps 11.0
    Rom : Download

Sources
    Device/Kernel/Vendor Tree: Sources

Donate
    DONATE To Me

Big Thanks
    • LineageOS Team.
    • @Myself5
    • @Olivier97
    • all sony-msm8994 contributors.

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 18 for Xperia Z5, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z5

Contributors
    tarkzim
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock 7.1
    Based On: LineageOS
    Reserved

2021/10/29
    • Fixed an issue that caused by SELinux which prevents sensors from working.
    2021/10/06
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r46 with October security patches.
    • Now it will detect your REAL model name, so you might be able to be recognized by stock flasher.
    2021/09/12
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r43 with September security patches.
    2021/08/07 - V2
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r40 with August security patches.
    • Updated sdcardfs sources, might fix Play store app with obb installation issues.
    2021/07/14
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r39 with July security patches.
    • Tweaked power configs.
    • Added AptX HD codecs for bluetooth audio.
    2021/06/14

2021/05/08
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r37 with May security patches.
    • Kernel updates.
    • Added VoLTE features (But seems not working for now, please test normal telephony features)
    • SELinux policies updated for sdcard.
    2021/04/17
    • Bring back FM Radio.
    • Fixed ConfigStore HAL.
    • Fixed some issues related to SELinux which was causing random crashes.
    • Fixed DRM HAL crashing issues (Google Chrome).
    2021/04/11
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r34 with April security patches.
    • Reduced microphone echoes while calling.
    2021/03/06
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r32 with March security patches.
    • Fixed "Reboot to recovery" feature.
    • Fixed WiFi hotspot.
    • Minor updates.

2021/02/09
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r29 with February security patches.
    • Updated sdFAT drivers to fix exFAT SDCard issues.
    • Fixed fingerprint remove issues.
      (If you have old fingers enrolled, i suggest you to remove them from TWRP)
      REMOVE this
      Code:
      /data/system/user/0/fpdata
    • Minor updates.

New TWRP build released - 3.5.0_9-1
    • Updated prebuilt kernel.
    • Support recovery flashing from TWRP.

2021/01/12
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r27 with January security patches.
    • Updated to LineageOS 18.1.
    • LineageOS features updates.
    • Bring back Snap camera.
    • Disabled some LiveDisplay features to help with battery life.
    • Minor updates.

2020/11/14
    • Fixed broken camera issues of previous build.
    • Kang OSS GPS and blobs from Oneplus 2, fixes GPS crash properly.

2020/11/07
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r17 with November security patches.
    • Fixed Random reboots caused by GPS crashes.
    • Minor Fingerprint HAL updates.
    • Updated sepolicies for camera.
    • Restore CPU clocks to original values.

2020/10/26
    • Fixed Camera / Camcorder (Proper fix, not using prebuilt patches), stock Snap camera might not be good, try Footej or Open Camera from Play store.
    • Fixed Audio related issues.
    • Update DRM WideVine to R from coral-user-11-RP1A.200720009-6720564.
    • Updated Health HAL to 2.1.

2020/10/11
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r4 with October security patches.
    • Fixed Fingerprint sensor.
    • Fixed UI/Touch lags.
    • Fixed Developer options crashes.

2020/10/08
    • Initial release of LineageOS 18.0 for Z5.
    New build released
    New build released
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r40 with August security patches.

UPDATE:

V2 has been uploaded, which contains a missing change below:
    • Updated sdcardfs sources, might fix Play store app with obb installation issues.
    New build released
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r27 with January security patches.
    • Updated to LineageOS 18.1.
    • Bring back Snap camera.
    • Disabled some LiveDisplay features to help with battery life.
    • Minor updates.