[ROM][11.0][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS-18.1 [tissot]

Search This thread

kopitalk

Feb 4, 2012
Singapore
Hello,
in order to update from month to month (so i am already in android 11 tissot) i just have to format the dalvik cache and directly install the new tissot version from twrp i guess?
Thank you
I always wipe dalvik cache AND system before flashing new/updated rom. Reason behind is IF we don't wipe system and there are some files no longer used in the system partition of the newly updated rom, those files may cause problem. Maybe it's only me, but at least I'm at rest.

Reactions: tintin93

hungnv20

Dec 30, 2020
The latest ROM is good. Much lighter than the Pixel Experience ROM.

I have issue with Google Contacts app by Nikapps. The Contacts app doesn't link to my Google account. I signed in to Google account but the Contact app just doesn't link. That's why I cannot sync my contacts.

Other Google apps can link & sync with Google account without any problem.

Iron_Overheat

Apr 13, 2016
Hi, great ROM as expected, thank you all devs. Is anyone else having these issues, or know how to solve:

- Magisk app v22.1 crashing/quitting before installing modules (I flashed the latest apk after changing extension to .zip, and had to manually install the apk after boot as it wouldn't auto-install the manager)

- Internal storage not accessible by MTP, and shows as empty in both default Files app and third party file manager (Material Files - F-Droid), even though it says it's being utilized in Settings app (is this related to whether I flashed to A or B partition?).

- Can't give access to SD Card to third party file managers even by forcing the external storage access permission in Warden app (tapping on "add external storage" on Material Files redirects to the default Files app but it's empty without the option to allow access).

- Flashing Lightning or Lucifer kernels causes soft-brick (only boots to Fastboot).

wiz2596

Mar 29, 2015
Hi, great ROM as expected, thank you all devs. Is anyone else having these issues, or know how to solve:

- Magisk app v22.1 crashing/quitting before installing modules (I flashed the latest apk after changing extension to .zip, and had to manually install the apk after boot as it wouldn't auto-install the manager)

- Internal storage not accessible by MTP, and shows as empty in both default Files app and third party file manager (Material Files - F-Droid), even though it says it's being utilized in Settings app (is this related to whether I flashed to A or B partition?).

- Can't give access to SD Card to third party file managers even by forcing the external storage access permission in Warden app (tapping on "add external storage" on Material Files redirects to the default Files app but it's empty without the option to allow access).

- Flashing Lightning or Lucifer kernels causes soft-brick (only boots to Fastboot).
Custom kernels are not supported here, ask lightning and lucifer threads

Reactions: Iron_Overheat

tintin93

Dec 2, 2015
paris
Good morning all,
am I the only one having stability problem with connection sharing via wifi.
I have cuts as soon as I browse on the phone, it cuts off connection sharing on my pc.
In general, the wifi connection is unstable and slow even when I connect to a classic wifi router (5G wifi works correctly)
Thank you

nickolasemp

Jul 27, 2010
Awesome ROM although I have done something wrong (don't ask) and I had not taken a TWRP backup. So I am starting from scratch. However, having wiped everything (and I mean everything), then switching slot to B, wiping everything, transferring through OTP the zip file and the MindtheGapps, something is off. I am installing it from slot A, it installs to B (ok), then I switch to B, install Mind the Gapps and magisk. It boots, I start everything and go through the setup. However it cannot find the internal space. Any ideas?

----------
Never mind, I did through TWRP the Advanced ->fix contexts and now all is good.

Last edited:

Iron_Overheat

Apr 13, 2016
Awesome ROM although I have done something wrong (don't ask) and I had not taken a TWRP backup. So I am starting from scratch. However, having wiped everything (and I mean everything), then switching slot to B, wiping everything, transferring through OTP the zip file and the MindtheGapps, something is off. I am installing it from slot A, it installs to B (ok), then I switch to B, install Mind the Gapps and magisk. It boots, I start everything and go through the setup. However it cannot find the internal space. Any ideas?

----------
Never mind, I did through TWRP the Advanced ->fix contexts and now all is good.
Man oh man would that last bit have saved me a bunch of ROM switching and reinstalling. At least crDroid has signature spoofing for MicroG while vanilla LineageOS doesn't. I still think it's weird you can be geek enough to install a custom rom but not enough to get rid of the spyware called Google Play Services and Google apps lol.

nickolasemp

Jul 27, 2010
Man oh man would that last bit have saved me a bunch of ROM switching and reinstalling. At least crDroid has signature spoofing for MicroG while vanilla LineageOS doesn't. I still think it's weird you can be geek enough to install a custom rom but not enough to get rid of the spyware called Google Play Services and Google apps lol.
Loooool well, I believe it being more of a comfortable and helpful (unfortuante but true) nuisance. And unfortuantely, if I want to switch phones, they all come with Gapps preinstalled and I do not like to root my newer phones. I root the old for a hobby and to prolong their security lifeline...

flymetothemoon

Apr 10, 2018
Following up on this, is there a way to use signature spoofing with LOS 18.1 before it is official? When it is official there will be a build with MicroG preinstalled at lineage.microg.org ...
But for the time being? I remember other custom ROMs had the option to switch on signature spoofing. Is it possible with this one?

optimus_blade

Feb 6, 2015
Mumbai
LOS 18

Wow nice

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added 17-10-2020 at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was 16-10-2020 at 11:58 PM ----------

Will you keep maintaining this ROM with regular updates? I'm very tempted to flash it

Donate to him, to he can continue :D

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

Should I use open gapps for android 10? There is no android 11 support yet

Use Nikgapps: click here

I tried flashing the Nikgapps but it failed saying "the device not supported yet". I am on Mi A1 only. It ends with error 1. Any help?

Last edited:

optimus_blade

Feb 6, 2015
Mumbai
LOS 18

Wow nice

---------- Post added 17-10-2020 at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was 16-10-2020 at 11:58 PM ----------

Will you keep maintaining this ROM with regular updates? I'm very tempted to flash it

Donate to him, to he can continue :D

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

Should I use open gapps for android 10? There is no android 11 support yet

Use Nikgapps: click here

Duplicate post. (I am using twrp 3.3 and coming from derpfest ROM)
=========
Update: I had to boot once without installing nikgapps. went back again to recovery flashed the app and it went well. But no apps visible on boot and no initiale setup. what can be the reason and how to fix this?

Last edited:

wiz2596

Mar 29, 2015
=========
Update: I had to boot once without installing nikgapps. went back again to recovery flashed the app and it went well. But no apps visible on boot and no initiale setup. what can be the reason and how to fix this?
Reboot to bootloader
load the recovery (fastboot boot <recovery_filename>.img)
flash rom

Reboot to bootloader again. DO NOT BOOT THE SYSTEM YET!!!
load the recovery again (fastboot boot <recovery_filename>.img)
flash gapps
reboot system

it worked for me using 'mind the gapps', not sure about nikkgapps

Reactions: optimus_blade

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    =========
    Reboot to bootloader
    load the recovery (fastboot boot <recovery_filename>.img)
    flash rom

Reboot to bootloader again. DO NOT BOOT THE SYSTEM YET!!!
    load the recovery again (fastboot boot <recovery_filename>.img)
    flash gapps
    reboot system

it worked for me using 'mind the gapps', not sure about nikkgapps
    now there are two maintainers for this device. Great to see it going

Changelog:
    January security patch
    Hw key light toggle fixed
    Wfd removed
    potentially fixed freezes
    Major & minor underhood improvement & changes
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FNEqGNs6rv5B0hFKzbB7Z_gXjqkY%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Ffiles.paulfasola.fr%252FCyanogenMod%252FLineageOS.png

Code:
    /*
    * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it!
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
    * Same statement for XDA.
    */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
    Boots
    RIL
    Fingerprint
    Wi-Fi
    Bluetooth
    Camera
    Audio
    Sensors
    Flash
    LED
    GPS