[ROM][11.0][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 [togari] [STABLE]

Search This thread

MG70

Dec 16, 2021
@tarkzim I registered in this XDA with the sole intention to thank you for your work! You had giving a second life to my Z ultra. i always find this iconic device a beauty and such a waste that Sony couldn't kept it alive. btw it took me a lot of effort to flash this rom (this is my first time and I have totally zero knowledge on flashing) but I guess it took you even more effort to build this rom so really appreciate all your hardwork! :)

Reactions: tarkzim

THE0JACKAL

Apr 17, 2017
Hello and thank you so much sir for reviving this phone 😀 one issue i can report is the google assistant hot word is not working, it something related to Android 11 and blobs files for hot word, i have not been able to find a solution yet. Thanks for the awesome build😊😊

Daniel.Medeiros

Feb 15, 2014
@tarkzim thank you for your work we need more kind people like you in this world!
any chance we can get official builds from LineageOS? we might attract other devs to help maintain it :)

again, thank you so much for your work!!! keep it up!

nawebona

Jan 13, 2022
HELP!...

Phone rooted, bootloader unlocked, TWRP supposedly install via ADB no errors..

1642099010994.png

I have also tried on the phone itself using the .apk - it appears as it does succeed.

Problem: Im a noob - and I cant get into TWRP, holdiong keys, ADB command, Quickboot... nothing works

please help!!

Last edited:

Daniel.Medeiros

Feb 15, 2014
HELP!...

View attachment 5507753

I have also tried on the phone itself using the .apk - it appears as it does succeed.

Problem: Im a noob - and I cant get into TWRP, holdiong keys, ADB command, Quickboot... nothing works

please help!!
just curious, what's your model and what keys are you pressing to boot into recovery?

Daniel.Medeiros

Feb 15, 2014
HELP!...

View attachment 5507753

please help!!
try to boot into recovery using fastboot (this won't install but only boot into recovery, but might give you a chance to do a full wipe/format partitions)
fastboot boot <recovery_filename>.img

i think this command will format data partition

fastboot -w

then if everything goes well you try to flash recovery

fastboot flash recovery <recovery_filename>.img

msi.1362

Jul 19, 2009
Hi everyone. As you probably know, in Android 11, it is possible to integrate microSD memory with the phone's internal memory. Therefore, if you put a high-speed memory inside the phone and select the integration option when launching it, the speed of the phone will change significantly.

Reactions: tejljr

Bakadesu

Jan 24, 2022
Hi there!
I'm getting an error with:

Code:
E3004: This package is for device: C6802, C6806, C6833, C6843, togari;
this device is .

E: unknown command [log]
Updater process ended with ERROR: 1
Error installing zip file '/filename.zip'

Within the zip file you have:

Code:
./install/bin/
  backuptool.sh
  backuptool.functions
  c6x02.sh <--  
  c6806.sh <--

And content of the `c6806.sh` as an example

Bash:
#!/sbin/sh
strings /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/LTALabel | grep -q c6806
if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
    for i in $(ls /mnt/system/system/etc/firmware/c6806/); do
        mv /mnt/system/system/etc/firmware/c6806/$i /mnt/system/system/etc/firmware/
    done
fi
rm -rf /mnt/system/system/etc/firmware/c6806/

And there are no 'other' models, I was asking if that was intentional.

Sony Xperia C6833
Your version of TWRP

tarkzim

Recognized Developer
Feb 11, 2015
Kaohsiung
Sony Xperia Z
HTC One (m7)
Hi there!
I'm getting an error with:

Code:
E3004: This package is for device: C6802, C6806, C6833, C6843, togari;
this device is .

E: unknown command [log]
Updater process ended with ERROR: 1
Error installing zip file '/filename.zip'

Within the zip file you have:

Code:
./install/bin/
  backuptool.sh
  backuptool.functions
  c6x02.sh <-- 
  c6806.sh <--

And content of the `c6806.sh` as an example

Bash:
#!/sbin/sh
strings /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/LTALabel | grep -q c6806
if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
    for i in $(ls /mnt/system/system/etc/firmware/c6806/); do
        mv /mnt/system/system/etc/firmware/c6806/$i /mnt/system/system/etc/firmware/
    done
fi
rm -rf /mnt/system/system/etc/firmware/c6806/

And there are no 'other' models, I was asking if that was intentional.

Sony Xperia C6833
Your version of TWRP
Are you sure you were using my latest TWRP?
Those scripts was only for the OTHER models than the default blobs included in the ROM.
So if your model is not listed in the scripts then you are fine with them.

Please make sure that your TWRP is the correct version or send me recovery logs.

Bakadesu

Jan 24, 2022
Are you sure you were using my latest TWRP?
Those scripts was only for the OTHER models than the default blobs included in the ROM.
So if your model is not listed in the scripts then you are fine with them.

Please make sure that your TWRP is the correct version or send me recovery logs.
Sorry to have bothered you, my bad, I renamed your version as `recovery` and mixed up!
It works as you expected, and looks great!
Thank you very much for this ROM <3

tarkzim

Recognized Developer
Feb 11, 2015
Kaohsiung
Sony Xperia Z
HTC One (m7)

shil40

Jun 15, 2011
Nexus 7
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Because your twrp not working, I extracted system.img from your package by brotli and sdat2img, checked if it is actually mountable, then flashed boot.img and system.img by TWRP 3.0.0 terminal.

Not sure if this method is right & necessary, but anyway…

1. At the moment of powered on, SONY logo is not apperead. Just black screen, and purple led flashes.

2. Successfully get into lineageOS boot animation. but device did not get into system for 30 minutes. I tried it again with userdata cache erase but It stucks at boot animation forever. In other word, bootloop. Yeah.

3. Offline-charging seems not working. Red led flashes once and Just black screen. Device stuck at this state even if usb cable detached. So I need to turn off forcefully.
@Bikkoism , could you kindly help me out?

I must have the same sku C6802 with you, which don't have original recover pattern I guess?

I came from stock 5.11, official unlocked, rooted with Kingroot

936ba060d819a9c8fac3f891a6e93e4.jpg

f02741fd1cb4523d10556a7a51564ac.png

but indeed, unable reboot to Twrp recovery interface anyway...

Entire process I try to in line with Tarkzim's guidance 100%, feedback seems ok but Twrp's recovery just not work.

I even installed official Twrp apk (with root function of course) , process seems ok but still no use.

IMG_20220210_014528_1.jpg

@tarkzim , great appreciate your masterpiece of the rom, if any guidance to have an easier way for C6802, pls kindly advise. Tks a lot.

Bikkoism

Sep 1, 2018
You should flash twrp into boot partition instead of recovery partition. In this case, Your device will boot into twrp nomatter what. then you can flash zip file which include new kernel through it.

Try it first. If It is still not working, I'll write up about zip -> img convert method.

Edit1:

There is another method which actually not flash twrp into your device.
fastboot boot %your_twrp_img_file_path_on_pc%
example)
fastboot boot c:\twrp.img

You should try this first whether if work or not before you flash sth on device actually.

Last edited:
Reactions: shil40

shil40

Jun 15, 2011
Nexus 7
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
You should flash twrp into boot partition instead of recovery partition. In this case, Your device will boot into twrp nomatter what. than you can flash zip file which include new kernel through it.

Try it first. If It is still not working, I'll write up about zip -> img convert method.

Edit1:

There is another method which actually not flash twrp into your device.

example)

You should try this first whether if work or not before you actually flash sth on device actually.
Tks, Bikkoism.

Actually, I have read through your tips, which had tried to use that commend boot to TWRP img "on the fly", but it was not succussed.

It seems I have to flash TWRP into boot partition anyway.

shil40

Jun 15, 2011
Nexus 7
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
@Bikkoism @tarkzim

After the guidance of Bikkoism mentioned above, I finally find a easier way to make sure C6802/XL39H (without recovery partition under stock android 5.11 version) implement the rom

(skip the period only if you had the isssue:
I flashed Tarkzim's TWRP into boot partition under the circumstance of stoke android 5.11, rooted of course, but it bricked..immediately...)

-Press volume up buttom firstly, then plugin micro usb cable, phone led turn "BLUE" means everything goes fine, phone hacked with system, which ready to flash staff.
-flash the boot.img attached (it is just the file from Tarkzim's latest LOS 18.1 biluld, lineage-18.1-20211013-UNOFFICIAL-togari)
fastboot flash boot boot.img
-flash the recovery Tarkzim customized (I use latest TWRP 3.6.0)
fastboot flash recovery TWRPxxxx.img
-Boot the phone, when the phone led sparkling in "PINK", press the volume up button, then TWRP interface will be loaded (if not phone will be rebooted repeatedly, but just powered off, get into TWRP interface)
-flash the Tarkzim's latest LOS 18.1 build

It works then :)

Everything is almost perfect other than the baseband is missed so the SIM card unable to be initial normally, I suppose it is the same issue @kat256 mentioned above

I have flashed both C6802/C6833 modem files in this post but no one work for my device.

My fault forget to backup my original stock modem files before installation..humm

but I have found some stock rom files in my region(old achieved files, extremely slow download speed), try to do this way:

-get the root access
-exact modem files from stock rom package
-put it into SYSTEM-etc-firmware-C6x02

No idea it would work or not, feedback later then.

Again, the rom is great, 3G is gonna off market from tele vendors very soon I suppose, not a big issue for the usage value of U ultra as a mini android pad then (that LCD from sony is just so primum even today).

Attachments

• boot.img
    8.3 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:

shil40

Jun 15, 2011
Nexus 7
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
For SIM card issue, I suppose the real point is not about modem, but about ESF partition / info missing?

I tried several modem files, but it still no baseband info/IMEI info is n/a, just like others mentioned above..

But in this post, someone just updated modem files, then solved problem, and I check in TWRP:

IMG_20220211_144246.jpg
ESF partition is existed, but no persist? While my wifi/BT is working perfectly without any issue..

@tarkzim , appreciate if you could provide any advice to solve it, from my perspective for this community is that, maybe we should backup EFS info under stock rom status (with root) firstly then do the upgrade (by adb commends, could be searched on the web, but no idea Z ultra's specific scenario).

(TWRP could backup, but I just worry whether the partition different caused this issue, so it would be better to implement backup on stock rom, especially for 3G version of Xperia Z Ultra.)

@Bikkoism , no idea your baseband/imei info is normal or not? (could be registered on local 3G network).

Again, rom is just fantastic without any other issues mentioned in the post !
(external SD/wifi/BT/camera, everything works like a charm!)

put this photo for fun (is it so Sony, Z ultra could run PSP emu perfectly)

IMG_20220210_231054.jpg

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */
    Introduction
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Bugs

What's working:

• Boot
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera / Camcorder
    • RIL (DATA/Call/SMS)
    • FM Radio
    • WiFi
    • WiFi Hotspot
    • USB (ADB/MTP/PTP)
    • NFC
    • LED lights
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Audio Playback
    • Video Playback
    • Touch screen
    • ExFAT SDCard

What's not working:
    • SELinux is permissive
    • You tell me.

Installation instructions

• Download the zip(s).
    • Install a compatible Recovery
    • Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    • Wipe system / data / cache partitions
    • Flash ROM.
    • Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    • Optional: Install Magisk for Root.

Supported models:
    • C6802,C6806,C6833,C6843

Downloads
    Recovery : My Unofficial TWRP
    Gapps : Open Gapps 11.0 ARM
    Magisk (Flash under TWRP): Unofficial Flashable APK
    Rom : Download

Sources
    Device/Kernel/Vendor Tree: Sources

Donate
    DONATE To Me

Big Thanks
    • LineageOS Team.
    • AICP Team.
    • all sony-msm8974 / sony-rhine contributors.
    Changelogs

2021/10/13
    • Fixed modem firmware and RIL support for C6806 GPE variants.
    2021/10/07
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r46 with October security patches.
    • Upstream updates and fixes.
    • Fixed modem firmware and RIL support for C68x3 variants.
    2021/10/04
    • Fixed Camera Focus/Capture issues.
    2021/10/03
    • Added missing SONY boot logo.
    • Updated libril sources.
    • Allow 3rd-party apps to access libOpenCL.
    • Adjusted configs for sdFAT. (SDCard kernel driver)
    • Misc updates.
    2021/09/30
    • Fixed WiFi Hotspot authentication issues.
    • Disabled C2 codecs, which is not for legacy devices.
    2021/09/28
    • Fixed an issue that sometimes camera service not starting correctly after booting.
    • Tweaked WiFi settings for better speed.
    • Fixed WiFi coexist with Bluetooth enabled.
    • Support 5Ghz wifi hotspot feature.
    2021/09/26
    • Fixed Offline charging.
    • Optimized vibrator strength.
    • Optimized brightness level.
    2021/09/25
    • Fixed Touchscreen.
    • Fixed NFC.
    • Fixed Audio.
    • Fixed C6802 RIL Firmware support.
    • Fixed Camera/Camcorder.
    • Fixed Vibrator.
    • Added LiveDisplay support.
    • Fixed Sensors.
    • Updated sdFAT drivers.
    2021/09/15
    • Initial release of LineageOS 18.1 for Z Ultra.
    Hi @tarkzim, do you have any idea about porting "LOS 19" for Xperia Z Ultra? Thanks
    Work in progress.
    is there any work done recently to enable SELinux?
    No.
    @tarkzim any plan of releasing android 12 based rom?
    Work in progress.
    DEVELOPMENT UPDATE:

I've got my Z Ultra device, and solved touch issues by running firmware update after every boot, now the major problem is Audio, Camera, and RIL, will try to fix them.