[ROM][11.0][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 [togari] [STABLE]

Search This thread

shil40

Jun 15, 2011
Nexus 7
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Solved!

my solutions:

Just use root explorer (any other root file manager might be ok)

copy attached modem files into:

root/etc/firmware

make sure all files overwrote.

So it is really about Xperia Z ultra has so many baseband profiles that need to be integrated somehow.

@tarkzim

For SIM card issue, I suppose the real point is not about modem, but about ESF partition / info missing?

I tried several modem files, but it still no baseband info/IMEI info is n/a, just like others mentioned above..

But in this post, someone just updated modem files, then solved problem, and I check in TWRP:

View attachment 5534187
ESF partition is existed, but no persist? While my wifi/BT is working perfectly without any issue..

@tarkzim , appreciate if you could provide any advice to solve it, from my perspective for this community is that, maybe we should backup EFS info under stock rom status (with root) firstly then do the upgrade (by adb commends, could be searched on the web, but no idea Z ultra's specific scenario).

(TWRP could backup, but I just worry whether the partition different caused this issue, so it would be better to implement backup on stock rom, especially for 3G version of Xperia Z Ultra.)

@Bikkoism , no idea your baseband/imei info is normal or not? (could be registered on local 3G network).

Again, rom is just fantastic without any other issues mentioned in the post !
(external SD/wifi/BT/camera, everything works like a charm!)

put this photo for fun (is it so Sony, Z ultra could run PSP emu perfectly)

View attachment 5534191

Attachments

• XL39H.modem.zip
    18.4 MB · Views: 41

tarkzim

Recognized Developer
Feb 11, 2015
Kaohsiung
Sony Xperia Z
HTC One (m7)
Solved!

my solutions:

Just use root explorer (any other root file manager might be ok)

copy attached modem files into:

root/etc/firmware

make sure all files overwrote.

So it is really about Xperia Z ultra has so many baseband profiles that need to be integrated somehow.

@tarkzim
Actually this is the same firmware as my C6x02 firmware packs, I really don't know why it wasn't worked for you while flashing.

Maybe the model name in LTA-kernel partition is a little bit different?

shil40

Jun 15, 2011
Nexus 7
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Actually this is the same firmware as my C6x02 firmware packs, I really don't know why it wasn't worked for you while flashing.

Maybe the model name in LTA-kernel partition is a little bit different?

Maybe you were right, but here is the information in my scenario:

I reflashed C6902/C6833 modem pack in this post, but I checked with root explorer, modem files in
etc/firmeware
system/etc/fireware

seems no changes at all, I have no tools for binary level comparison, just checked date create/modified data:

the files with rom are on 8/1/2015 some how, not the data modified data in stand alone modem pack files.

just like the modem pack script doesn't work any more ---> I guess same thing happens in the rom installation process, correct modem files weren't being put into place.

Only the "violent' force copy via root tools worked.

anyway, little issue, still the masterpiece after years!

The real headache issue is the recovery issue Bikkoism & I used to have.

I was luckily found an easier way based on Bikkoism stumbling experience.

Just celebrate then:

f88741e468855bc1a8dcfedfce9d3fd.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12025165

Thank you for bringing new updates to our beloved Z Ultra.

I have an issue with the ROM where as the system UI goes into not responding state and keeps restarting right from booting up.
My model is C6802 and I have tested the 20211004 later builds and they all have the same issue.
PS. my phone has an issue with reading battery's charge percentage so it might the cause...

Thank you for your work.

shil40

Jun 15, 2011
Nexus 7
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Thank you for bringing new updates to our beloved Z Ultra.

I have an issue with the ROM where as the system UI goes into not responding state and keeps restarting right from booting up.
My model is C6802 and I have tested the 20211004 later builds and they all have the same issue.
PS. my phone has an issue with reading battery's charge percentage so it might the cause...

Thank you for your work.
If the phone you owned was the same "non-LTE" C6802 sku with me, you might check my posts above for a totally clean up installation approach.

PS: put your useful data on external TF, and wipe out all partitions mounted default in TWRP other than external TF(micro SD called in TWRP I suppose).

FYI. anyway.

D

Deleted member 12025165

If the phone you owned was the same "non-LTE" C6802 sku with me, you might check my posts above for a totally clean up installation approach.

PS: put your useful data on external TF, and wipe out all partitions mounted default in TWRP other than external TF(micro SD called in TWRP I suppose).

FYI. anyway.
Thank you for your response.
My model is the same as yours. I have read your posts above it's great having this detailed guide.
I always do a clean install wiping out all the partitions manually.
I even tried installing it on top of official firmware and RR v5.8.3 Nougat ROM using TWRP's default slide to wipe thing.
My phone recognize sim card out of the box and the signal is okay but System UI keeps crashing.

D

Deleted member 12025165

Thank you for your response.
My model is the same as yours. I have read your posts above it's great having this detailed guide.
I always do a clean install wiping out all the partitions manually.
I even tried installing it on top of official firmware and RR v5.8.3 Nougat ROM using TWRP's default slide to wipe thing.
My phone recognize sim card out of the box and the signal is okay but System UI keeps crashing.
The issue is solved, it was caused by my problematic charging circuit and it kept putting my phone in screen saver state like when it's docked over and over.

vddrnnr

Aug 12, 2012
Hi @tarkzim,

First of all thank you very much for your roms they work very
well.
Keep on bringing new versions of android to our great z ultra.

I also want to let you know that I was not able to make your recovery
work just by flashing it with fastboot.

To be able to install the rom I had to use

fastboot boot "recovery.img"

after flashing it.

Then I was able to use twrp to flash the rom.

After flashing the rom "reboot to recovery" works and your recovery starts
as expected.

For other users that may be blocked after doing the flash recovery command this
should allow you to flash it without problems.

Best regards,
voidRunner

Reactions: tarkzim

kulio97

Feb 18, 2020
Hello developer :)
i read your post. But i dont find how to install this rom in my phone....
How can i view install guide....???
can you give link...??
my phone c6833
i want using this rom...!!

realista87

Sep 3, 2011
marche
Use the version that i provide on first post.
And flash it from TWRP.
flashed rom today. flashed all 3 zips in one step. rom gapps magisk.

but when i click on the app i get: upgrade to full magisk to finish the setup. download and install? ok then i install and get magisk but i cant pass safety net is it normal? both basic and cts

edit. i solved using magiskhide props config module, spoofing another device.
BUT.....then (for other reasons) i wiped all, re installed everything (rom gapps magisk) and this time, the rom automagically passes everything on safetynet test . wtf??
but the only one thing is not passed is the play protect certification that is displayed as device is not certified.

however the rom is pretty good, the phone is old and i suppose 2gb ram is not enough to have a full smooth interface sometimes hangs for a second here and there but nothing too bad. not my z ultra is usable, THANK YOU developer!!!

Last edited:

ultenhiemer

Mar 30, 2018
West Midlands, UK
Well colour me surprised! I was never expecting any further Android CFW support for this model. The other year all there was for this phone was an Android 7 version of the Resurrection Remix.

So thanks for looking backwards at this beautiful device!

ultenhiemer

Mar 30, 2018
West Midlands, UK
I have to give @tarkzim massive props for porting this astounding CFW for this device. I've been using it for a couple weeks and I'm really impressed.

I'm not using this as a conventional "phone", so I can't really comment on LTE functionality because I'm not using this with a SIM card. This is used more like a mini WiFi tablet than anything else. I needed another device to use Google Home upstairs without bringing a single device up and down stairs to turn all my smart devices on/off. So I don't really use this with many apps either.

The only issue I had was, when I initially installed everything first time, I mistakenly flashed the latest Magisk package and lost root. Couldn't get it back, so I had to start all over again. I've just left things to the state that they were provided on here, I've updated the Magisk app, but left the package alone.

Free Swapper For Root and Link2SD have proven pretty vital in bringing new life into the limited RAM on the device. Otherwise it just slowly crawls to load everything.

I'm surprised this phone connects to 5Ghz WiFi, I really wasn't expecting that!

tejljr

I have to give @tarkzim massive props for porting this astounding CFW for this device. I've been using it for a couple weeks and I'm really impressed.

I'm not using this as a conventional "phone", so I can't really comment on LTE functionality because I'm not using this with a SIM card. This is used more like a mini WiFi tablet than anything else. I needed another device to use Google Home upstairs without bringing a single device up and down stairs to turn all my smart devices on/off. So I don't really use this with many apps either.

The only issue I had was, when I initially installed everything first time, I mistakenly flashed the latest Magisk package and lost root. Couldn't get it back, so I had to start all over again. I've just left things to the state that they were provided on here, I've updated the Magisk app, but left the package alone.

Free Swapper For Root and Link2SD have proven pretty vital in bringing new life into the limited RAM on the device. Otherwise it just slowly crawls to load everything.

How did you configure the RAM? cause mine runs very sluggish and freezes all the time

ultenhiemer

Mar 30, 2018
West Midlands, UK
How did you configure the RAM? cause mine runs very sluggish and freezes all the time
Free Swapper For Root (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.allakore.freeswapperforroot).

I'd recommend creating the swap space on the internal storage. That way you can make it any size you want. On SD it is limited to max 4GB. I'm also certain that you have to delete and recreate the swap space every time you switch the device off. I just leave mine on, so nothing changes and I don't have to go through that hassle repeatedly.

Reactions: tejljr

tejljr

How did you configure the RAM
cause mine runs very sluggish and freezes all the time
Free Swapper For Root (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.allakore.freeswapperforroot).

I'd recommend creating the swap space on the internal storage. That way you can make it any size you want. On SD it is limited to max 4GB. I'm also certain that you have to delete and recreate the swap space every time you switch the device off. I just leave mine on, so nothing changes and I don't have to go through that hassle repeatedly.
Could you share a screenshot of your settings so that I could replicate it?

Oberon320

Apr 11, 2018
2okPze5.png

Code:
 * Your warranty is now void.
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
*/
Introduction
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Bugs

What's working:

• Boot
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera / Camcorder
  • RIL (DATA/Call/SMS)
  • FM Radio
  • WiFi
  • WiFi Hotspot
  • USB (ADB/MTP/PTP)
  • NFC
  • LED lights
  • Sensors
  • GPS
  • Audio Playback
  • Video Playback
  • Touch screen
  • ExFAT SDCard

What's not working:
  • SELinux is permissive
  • You tell me.

Installation instructions

• Download the zip(s).
  • Install a compatible Recovery
  • Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
  • Wipe system / data / cache partitions
  • Flash ROM.
  • Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
  • Optional: Install Magisk for Root.

Supported models:
  • C6802,C6806,C6833,C6843

Downloads
Recovery : My Unofficial TWRP
Gapps : Open Gapps 11.0 ARM
Magisk (Flash under TWRP): Unofficial Flashable APK
Rom : Download

Sources
Device/Kernel/Vendor Tree: Sources

Donate
DONATE To Me

Big Thanks
  • LineageOS Team.
  • AICP Team.
  • all sony-msm8974 / sony-rhine contributors.
does it also work on SOL24, the japan version of Z Ultra? Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */
    Introduction
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Bugs

What's working:

• Boot
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera / Camcorder
    • RIL (DATA/Call/SMS)
    • FM Radio
    • WiFi
    • WiFi Hotspot
    • USB (ADB/MTP/PTP)
    • NFC
    • LED lights
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Audio Playback
    • Video Playback
    • Touch screen
    • ExFAT SDCard

What's not working:
    • SELinux is permissive
    • You tell me.

Installation instructions

• Download the zip(s).
    • Install a compatible Recovery
    • Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    • Wipe system / data / cache partitions
    • Flash ROM.
    • Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    • Optional: Install Magisk for Root.

Supported models:
    • C6802,C6806,C6833,C6843

Downloads
    Recovery : My Unofficial TWRP
    Gapps : Open Gapps 11.0 ARM
    Magisk (Flash under TWRP): Unofficial Flashable APK
    Rom : Download

Sources
    Device/Kernel/Vendor Tree: Sources

Donate
    DONATE To Me

Big Thanks
    • LineageOS Team.
    • AICP Team.
    • all sony-msm8974 / sony-rhine contributors.
    Changelogs

2021/10/13
    • Fixed modem firmware and RIL support for C6806 GPE variants.
    2021/10/07
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r46 with October security patches.
    • Upstream updates and fixes.
    • Fixed modem firmware and RIL support for C68x3 variants.
    2021/10/04
    • Fixed Camera Focus/Capture issues.
    2021/10/03
    • Added missing SONY boot logo.
    • Updated libril sources.
    • Allow 3rd-party apps to access libOpenCL.
    • Adjusted configs for sdFAT. (SDCard kernel driver)
    • Misc updates.
    2021/09/30
    • Fixed WiFi Hotspot authentication issues.
    • Disabled C2 codecs, which is not for legacy devices.
    2021/09/28
    • Fixed an issue that sometimes camera service not starting correctly after booting.
    • Tweaked WiFi settings for better speed.
    • Fixed WiFi coexist with Bluetooth enabled.
    • Support 5Ghz wifi hotspot feature.
    2021/09/26
    • Fixed Offline charging.
    • Optimized vibrator strength.
    • Optimized brightness level.
    2021/09/25
    • Fixed Touchscreen.
    • Fixed NFC.
    • Fixed Audio.
    • Fixed C6802 RIL Firmware support.
    • Fixed Camera/Camcorder.
    • Fixed Vibrator.
    • Added LiveDisplay support.
    • Fixed Sensors.
    • Updated sdFAT drivers.
    2021/09/15
    • Initial release of LineageOS 18.1 for Z Ultra.
    Hi @tarkzim, do you have any idea about porting "LOS 19" for Xperia Z Ultra? Thanks
    Work in progress.
    is there any work done recently to enable SELinux?
    No.
    @tarkzim any plan of releasing android 12 based rom?
    Work in progress.
    DEVELOPMENT UPDATE:

I've got my Z Ultra device, and solved touch issues by running firmware update after every boot, now the major problem is Audio, Camera, and RIL, will try to fix them.