This is my daily driver that I have decided to share. With the increase of big tech and government overreach in our lives, I felt more of a desire to move away from Google and the similar. Hotdogb isn't supported by other similar OS' so built this from microG/LineageOS source and is fully functional.
Changelogs: 05.09.2021 - Updated to LineageOS nightly 05.09.2021. Full changelog can be found at https://download.lineageos.org/hotdogb/changes. 05.05.2021 - Initial Release.
What is this?
This is LineageOS with all closed-source binary Google blobs removed and replaced with microG. I.E no Play services or GAPPS. UnifiedNLP is used as networking location provider vice Google's NLP. F-Droid is installed by default providing alternative app store. However, with Aurora store you can still install Google Play store apps with ease (requires additional installations).
Since this is a fork of LineageOS you can follow the same installation guide they provide here. Just ensure you are on Lineage recovery and ready to sideload LineageOS, use our ROM for that step.
None known. Post below if you have any.
- open the microG app --> Self-Check sections are successful.
- By default, MozillaNlpbackend, which uses Mozilla location service and NominatimNlpBackend, which uses Mapquest's Noninatim service; are disabled by default. Open microG app --> Location modules and enable whichever ones you prefer. Afterwards reboot device.
Google Play Store Alternative
If you want full access to normal android Play Store apps do the following:
Open F-Droid app. Search for Aurora Store and install. Once opened select the appropriate option, generally option #1 will be the most common used with this ROM as long as it has not been modified by the user. Once setup you will have access to all applications as normal.
Some apps require play services and I cannot use them, please help!
This will require both SU and Magisk installed, which is not provided in our base rom. Once you have achieved SU with Magisk you will need to read over and install NanoDroid which can be found here XDA| Website.
***Ensure boot.img date matches the date of the ROM you are installing. DO NOT use this boot.img with a different ROM.***
***This guide assumes you already have a working ADB/Fastboot.***
- Download boot.img below to your phones storage.
- Download latest Magisk apk from here to your device and install it.
- Open Magisk on your phone. Click the Magisk Install option within the app.
- For method "Select and Patch a File"
- Select the boot.img you downloaded in Step 1.
- Once the process is complete a Magisk patched boot.img will be in the Downloads folder on your phone. Drag it to a working folder on your Computer.
- Ensure your has ADB debugging enabled in Developer Options settings and that your PC is authorized.
- Open Command Prompt on your PC and run ADB Devices. Verify your phone is listed.
- In Command Prompt run "ADB reboot bootloader". You will notice the phone reboot.
- Once on Fastboot screen in Command Prompt run "Fastboot devices", ensure your phone is listed.
- In Command Prompt run "Fastboot flash boot bootname.img. Replacing bootname with the name of your Magisk boot.img.
- Once done start the device and load Magisk to confirm.
Donate if you enjoy!