[ROM][11.0][Unofficial] LineageOS 18.1 with microG [hotdogb][Updated 05/09]

Search This thread

Droid_Nut

Feb 19, 2015
OnePlus 7T
Install Chinese twrp by typing "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img” (rename whole img file to twrp.img)

I have not installed TWRP on my phone in a couple of years, last time I ended up doing a wipe and reinstall. Now I just boot the temporary image. I dont want to take the thread off track, but is there another thread with more detail?

Droid_Nut

Feb 19, 2015
OnePlus 7T
Jivy26, how do you get around the apps that rely on Geolocation. Sort of like Weatherbug is always looking for Google maps? "Update to Google Maps required"

Another App that likes location is Gopayment for Credit card processing. It is heavily dependent on location, and does a force close when I try to sign in. I do need this app, but not a deal breaker, as I can use an older phone and use my 7T to run a hot spot.

jivy26

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 7, 2010
OnePlus 7T
Jivy26, how do you get around the apps that rely on Geolocation. Sort of like Weatherbug is always looking for Google maps? "Update to Google Maps required"

Another App that likes location is Gopayment for Credit card processing. It is heavily dependent on location, and does a force close when I try to sign in. I do need this app, but not a deal breaker, as I can use an older phone and use my 7T to run a hot spot.
Nanodroid with Magisk solved really any issues I had with any application. Checked weatherbug and works fine for me, ensrue you have all the location modules on in the MicroG app. If they aren't enabled you have no way of getting your location.

I used my phone yesterday to make grubhub deliveries and had no issues at all.

Droid_Nut

Feb 19, 2015
OnePlus 7T
Nanodroid with Magisk solved really any issues I had with any application. Checked weatherbug and works fine for me, ensrue you have all the location modules on in the MicroG app. If they aren't enabled you have no way of getting your location.

I used my phone yesterday to make grubhub deliveries and had no issues at all.

They are all on and I added a few more because it wasn't working.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210509-103859_microG_Services_Core.png
    Screenshot_20210509-103859_microG_Services_Core.png
    115.7 KB · Views: 48

jivy26

Aug 7, 2010
OnePlus 7T
Get a GPS app so you can see the status of it, but they a
Screenshot_20210509-110731_OsmAnd_1.png

Just a screenshot of my GPS signal in OsmAnd. Also put your phone close to the window if your cell signal is a bit weak indoors. It will lock fairly quick.

Reactions: HueyT

Droid_Nut

Feb 19, 2015
OnePlus 7T
Get a GPS app so you can see the status of it, but they a

View attachment 5304417

Just a screenshot of my GPS signal in OsmAnd. Also put your phone close to the window if your cell signal is a bit weak indoors. It will lock fairly quick.

Here we go and Google Maps has no problem finding my location. Who knows why Weather has a problem, indoors or out, plus I am on a Verizon Network extender, and that has a GPS signal. I opened Maps in a remote area with no cell service today, and I was able to center my location.

Thanks for your input.

Droid_Nut

Feb 19, 2015
OnePlus 7T
Jivy, I think you uploaded the wrong boot.img. I patched it and installed it, and boot animation, goes on continuous. So I installed the unpatched image and the phone wont finish booting. Wanna double check this? Thanks

tommcatt

• May 13, 2021
    Got the same boot loop problem while installing magisk as the boot.img is not updated,
    meanwhile I used payload_dumper on payload file that was in the zip file to get the new boot file,
    If meanwhile someone need the file, I uploaded on my drive: here <- this link is only for the 2021-05-09 version!

Reactions: Droid_Nut

Droid_Nut

Feb 19, 2015
    OnePlus 7T
    I have to hand it to Privy, his build works just like it has Gapps in it. I tried the Official LOS with Micro G and I could not use Wear, Protonmail would not send notifications, and Ring would not work.

BTW for Wear, I had to Use the Wear China App, and the Wear GMS app to get wear working. When you are all connected, delete the GMS version, or your phone will not ring more than once for an incoming call.

Reactions: NaterTots

tommcatt

• May 13, 2021
    Yeah, it is works really well on my end,
    The only issue that I encountered (don't know if is a microG problem) is that Aurora can't let me use anonymous account and after logging in with a throwaway, it shows only few apps (I.e. whatsapp is missing), maybe is about a safetynet issue or something similar.

jivy26

Aug 7, 2010
    OnePlus 7T
    I have to hand it to Privy, his build works just like it has Gapps in it. I tried the Official LOS with Micro G and I could not use Wear, Protonmail would not send notifications, and Ring would not work.

BTW for Wear, I had to Use the Wear China App, and the Wear GMS app to get wear working. When you are all connected, delete the GMS version, or your phone will not ring more than once for an incoming call.
    I will get another update out soon, been on travel. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Jivys build is better than weekly microG
      That's why I asked if he going was continue building this when the official build is already released.
      screen_logo.jpg

This is my daily driver that I have decided to share. With the increase of big tech and government overreach in our lives, I felt more of a desire to move away from Google and the similar. Hotdogb isn't supported by other similar OS' so built this from microG/LineageOS source and is fully functional.

Based on Android 11
      Last Updated: May 5th
      Kernel Source:
      GitHub
      Donate if you enjoy!
      Changelogs: 05.09.2021 - Updated to LineageOS nightly 05.09.2021. Full changelog can be found at https://download.lineageos.org/hotdogb/changes. 05.05.2021 - Initial Release.

What is this?

This is LineageOS with all closed-source binary Google blobs removed and replaced with microG. I.E no Play services or GAPPS. UnifiedNLP is used as networking location provider vice Google's NLP. F-Droid is installed by default providing alternative app store. However, with Aurora store you can still install Google Play store apps with ease (requires additional installations).

Installation

Since this is a fork of LineageOS you can follow the same installation guide they provide here. Just ensure you are on Lineage recovery and ready to sideload LineageOS, use our ROM for that step.

Issues

None known. Post below if you have any.

Post Installation

- open the microG app --> Self-Check sections are successful.

Location services
      - By default, MozillaNlpbackend, which uses Mozilla location service and NominatimNlpBackend, which uses Mapquest's Noninatim service; are disabled by default. Open microG app --> Location modules and enable whichever ones you prefer. Afterwards reboot device.

Other information

Google Play Store Alternative
      If you want full access to normal android Play Store apps do the following:
      Open F-Droid app. Search for Aurora Store and install. Once opened select the appropriate option, generally option #1 will be the most common used with this ROM as long as it has not been modified by the user. Once setup you will have access to all applications as normal.

Some apps require play services and I cannot use them, please help!
      This will require both SU and Magisk installed, which is not provided in our base rom. Once you have achieved SU with Magisk you will need to read over and install NanoDroid which can be found here XDA| Website.

SuperUser

***Ensure boot.img date matches the date of the ROM you are installing. DO NOT use this boot.img with a different ROM.***
      ***This guide assumes you already have a working ADB/Fastboot.***
      1. Download boot.img below to your phones storage.
      2. Download latest Magisk apk from here to your device and install it.
      3. Open Magisk on your phone. Click the Magisk Install option within the app.
      4. For method "Select and Patch a File"
      5. Select the boot.img you downloaded in Step 1.
      6. Once the process is complete a Magisk patched boot.img will be in the Downloads folder on your phone. Drag it to a working folder on your Computer.
      7. Ensure your has ADB debugging enabled in Developer Options settings and that your PC is authorized.
      8. Open Command Prompt on your PC and run ADB Devices. Verify your phone is listed.
      9. In Command Prompt run "ADB reboot bootloader". You will notice the phone reboot.
      10. Once on Fastboot screen in Command Prompt run "Fastboot devices", ensure your phone is listed.
      11. In Command Prompt run "Fastboot flash boot bootname.img. Replacing bootname with the name of your Magisk boot.img.
      12. Once done start the device and load Magisk to confirm.

Download

Donate if you enjoy!

ROM (5.9.21)
      BOOT.IMG (5.9.21)
      Updated to LineageOS 5/9 nightly.
      Thank you this step is completed
      Install Chinese twrp by typing "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img” (rename whole img file to twrp.img)

Thanks for posting, I was looking to switch over to microG now with LOS 18.1 for hotdogb

Just wanna confirm, will these builds support OTA updater/dirty flashing for updates?
      You will be able to dirty flash future updates similiar to LOS. Just be aware if you have modded any system files i.e. NanoDroid system install vice using Magisk; then you will have to reapply after dirty flash.

I'm working on OTA updates in the next release, just haven't set the hosting up at the moment.
      That's why I asked if he going was continue building this when the official build is already released.