[ROM][11.0][UNOFFICIAL][LMI] Stag OS 11.0.R3 [05.06.2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
banner.png

about.png

Hey another day another rom, that's what you might be thinking. but we at stag (I'll try not to use big words, because the idea is to be simple) aim at something towards elegance. We are learners just like everyone out there, This is small something we have started which helps us learn every single day. Why Stag, you might question, my answer would be why not. After all Harry's patronus was a stag(pun intended). Anyway, so the aim here is to provide a really good experience to everyone who uses, everyone on telegram channel can contact us and request, everything will be considered, because if you as users feel something missing, it obviously must be missing. So looking forward for people using our StagOS and giving us all your precious feedback.

~Sic Parvis Magna~

PS: for people wondering what sic parvis magna is, it translates to great endings from small beginnings, Something i picked up while playing a game.

Credits where they are Due:

Google(No explanation needed n this regards)

Lineage(For starting of the custom rom war)

KCUF Rom(For acting as base)

Omni Rom, Slim Rom, DirtyUnicorns, AospExtended and every other project whose contributions lead to many of the features present.

disclaimer.png

Code:
[SIZE="4"]/*

* Your warranty is now void.

* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,

* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please

* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM

* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if

* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

*/[/SIZE]

features.png

1. StatusBar

-Traffic Indicators

-Battery Icon

-Clock Settings

-Carrier Label

-Old Mobile Type Icons

-Brightness Control

-4G - LTE Toggle

-Volit Icon Toggle

2. Quick Settings

-Header Images

-QS panel Opacity

-QS Tile Animations

-Brightness Slider Position

-Auto Brightness Icon Toggle

-Status Bar Header Clock

-QS Rows And Columns Customisation

3. Volume Keys

-Volume Keys Cursor

-Playback Control

-Volume Rocker Wake

4. Animations

-System Animations

-Listview Animations

-Screen Off Animations

-Power Menu Animations

-QS tiles Animations

5. Navigation Bar

-Full Screen Gesture Mode

-Invert Layout

-Pulse

6. Gestures

-AOSP Gestures

-Prevent Ringing

-DT2S On Lockscreen Ans Statusbar

-Three Finger Screenshot

7. Lock Screen

-Lock Screen Clock Styles

-Music Visualiser

-Charging info

8. Power Menu

-Advanced Restart

-Screenshot

-Settings

9. Styles And Wallpapers

-Lockscreen Clock Faces

-Styles (Icon Shapes And All)

10. Notifications

-Notification Light

-Battery Charging Light

-Heads Up Notifications toggle

-Edge Lighting

11. Display

-Ambient Display

-Night Light

-Icon Shapes

-Color Bucket

-RGB Accent Picker

-Gradient Accents

-Font Manager

12. System

-RGB Accent Picker

-Dashboard Icons

-Gaming Mode

downloads.png

Pristine Variant

GAPPS Variant

TWRP
Firmware

installation.png

1) You need have a custom recovery installed (TWRP recommended)

*For this please check in the device specific forums

2) Download the latest StagOS Build and Open gapps package from the link provided official ones remove some default apps.

3) Boot into recovery

4) Go to Wipe and wipe system,data,dalvik & cache as a precaution

5) Flash StagOS zip & Gapps package(Optional)

6) Flash Magisk Root(Optional)

checklist.png

Whatever Features you find in first build there's no guarantee that they will carry on to the subsequent builds.

As 69+ features help only to boast, and this ROM over here is not only meant for that. We want you to boast but not by the features, We want you to fall in love with the touch. So here I'll be adding up the features that i intend on adding/removing. we are starting of with many features just to find out what you like/what you don't.

credits.png

There's a huge list here

Very firstly there're two people who i'd like to extend my big thanks

@darshan1205 The person who taught me everything i needed to start and @hridaySharma who always helped.

nextly @the_Darkbeast who helped me through all the rom and device related stuff.

@shekawat2 for letting us reference on his rom, which helped in making a great base for stag

Then there are the precious testers without whom many things would still be broken, These change from device to device and will properly be given credits.

In garlic Pritish Joshi, Saqid, Sandeep and myself tested the rom thoroughly to rid it of all the major bugs.

Finally Me and @phenom87 We work on the source

we also have vinothraja and Abhimanyu shekhawat, who always guide us in times of issues a big thanks to them

the wallpaper and bootanimation yu experience all thanks to pritish joshi

and the last member in group Rakesh rakhi samuel, who takes care of coding things and web management

connect.png

sources.png

ROM

Kernel

Device Tree

Last edited:

Hanzo_1

Apr 15, 2021
Thanks for the rom! Is this fluid's successor? Great battery backup and perfomance just like late fluid. But im speechless when i can get up to 50W charging rate while screen off?! Sorry i didnt provide any screenshot tho, since i broke the matrix when im about to comment.
Once again i really appreciate this rom and cant wait to see this rom aging😀

Last edited:
Reactions: Lowxorx

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
Thanks for this rom!!.
FOD OK
playstore OK
Safety net OK
Ok google Ok
Call recorder OK
Installed Pristine version with:
flash flamegapps : FlameGApps-11.0-basic-arm64-20210420-BETA
Flash flame gapps addon: FlameGApps-QR-addon-GoogleSearch-Assistant-20210321
flash magisk 2.3

The most about this ROM: brightness adjustment for AOD.(y)

Reactions: Lowxorx
Thanks for the rom! Is this fluid's successor? Great battery backup and perfomance just like late fluid. But im speechless when i can get up to 50W charging rate while screen off?! Sorry i didnt provide any screenshot tho, since i broke the matrix when im about to comment.
This rom is not intended to be the successor of FluidOS. I'm glad you like it!
Thanks for this rom!!.
FOD OK
playstore OK
Safety net OK
Ok google Ok
Call recorder OK
Installed Pristine version with:
flash flamegapps : FlameGApps-11.0-basic-arm64-20210420-BETA
Flash flame gapps addon: FlameGApps-QR-addon-GoogleSearch-Assistant-20210321
flash magisk 2.3

The most about this ROM: brightness adjustment for AOD.(y)
Thank you for this very complete feedback!
Is this rom SELinux Enforcing
Yes, indeed.

Jcyeici

Jul 1, 2018
The rom is very good, my only flaw, the brightness goes crazy to the maximum when putting a footprint, and what there are and options is very good if it could be kept it would be great, and add a little more customization, also add the option intelligent charging, and temperature control when charging

TheBo

Yesterday I installed it over dotOs... And amazingly it worked... Had few force crash in the personalization pane but then everything equalizer... Now I even have the FOD working decently again... 🤩. Few apps that were crashing and not opening now work normally and I even hadn't to reinstall them. Android auto works too but it was also on the rom I overwritten dirty flashing... Just network traffic indicator isn't working but it was bugged even before so it might be a bug carried over with the dirty flashing. Thank you! With my usage this could be the most balanced rom. AA works! And FOD too. Gestures and everything. Even screen off volume audio track control. Also Google hot word works too... It's a win win.

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
A few comments:
SystemUI crashes when unplugging in headphones with any music app.(solution deactivate the headset icon in status bar).
the charge indications on the lock screen are incorrect.
No color settings (currently too high).
No AOD icon in the quick settings.
Music fx equalizer does not work.

Last edited:
A few comments:
SystemUI crashes when unplugging in headphones with any music app.(solution deactivate the headset icon in status bar).
the charge indications on the lock screen are incorrect.
No color settings (currently too high).
No AOD icon in the quick settings.
Music fx equalizer does not work.
Thanks, i'll take a look
what device tree are u using sir ?
Based on https://github.com/xiaomi-sm8250-devs/android_device_xiaomi_lmi

Reactions: NOSS8

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
Pristine version
Precision for gapps:
remove google setup wizard otherwise system crash.

Another remark:
By selecting another clock than the default one on the lock screen, for example SFUNNY clock, the time does not change after a certain time with AOD.

Problem common to almost all AOSP:
if you uncheck "automatically select the network" you get "networks not found please try again".

In the settings the network and internet pictogram is missing
res.png

Good battery life

Last edited:

piaste

Jun 25, 2021
Excellent ROM, feature-rich, microG support, SELinux enforcing, very pretty design. I would prefer a FOSS kernel but I can try flashing Quantic+ or something else.

One serious bug: the FOD doesn't work with screen off. Very painful since it's a big phone and it's awkward to turn the screen on before unlocking.

Repro step:

1. Flash stock image (miui_LMIGlobal_V12.2.6.0.RJKMIXM_adf30da33a_11.0), boot into MIUI
2. Flash TWRP, boot into recovery
3. Flash StagOS-lmi-11.0.R3.0-UNOFFICIAL-Pristine-20210601-2333, wipe cache/dalvik, format data, boot into StagOS

4. Go straight into Security, set password, set notifications show only when unlocked, setup one fingerprint. Here I had a random reboot after setting the PW but before setting the fingerprint. After reboot I was able to set the fingerprint.

5. Horns -> System -> enable Screen off fingerprint, exit

6. Press power button to lock screen, tried using the FOD reader, nothing happened (no icon, light or anything). Press the power button to turn on the screen and the fingerprint reader works normally.

Tried a lot of options, nothing worked except enabling AOD, and that only when charging (I couldn't find a setting to enable AOD at all times).

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
Excellent ROM, feature-rich, microG support, SELinux enforcing, very pretty design. I would prefer a FOSS kernel but I can try flashing Quantic+ or something else.

One serious bug: the FOD doesn't work with screen off. Very painful since it's a big phone and it's awkward to turn the screen on before unlocking.

Repro step:

1. Flash stock image (miui_LMIGlobal_V12.2.6.0.RJKMIXM_adf30da33a_11.0), boot into MIUI
2. Flash TWRP, boot into recovery
3. Flash StagOS-lmi-11.0.R3.0-UNOFFICIAL-Pristine-20210601-2333, wipe cache/dalvik, format data, boot into StagOS

4. Go straight into Security, set password, set notifications show only when unlocked, setup one fingerprint. Here I had a random reboot after setting the PW but before setting the fingerprint. After reboot I was able to set the fingerprint.

5. Horns -> System -> enable Screen off fingerprint, exit

6. Press power button to lock screen, tried using the FOD reader, nothing happened (no icon, light or anything). Press the power button to turn on the screen and the fingerprint reader works normally.

Tried a lot of options, nothing worked except enabling AOD, and that only when charging (I couldn't find a setting to enable AOD at all times).
FOD works even the screen lock (a little capricious from time to time).
it seems to me that in the options Stag lockscreen there is an option for that(Currently I am trying another ROM).
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
And I flashed the full rom.
"3. Flash StagOS-lmi-11.0.R3.0-UNOFFICIAL-Pristine-20210601-2333, wipe cache/dalvik, format data, boot into StagOS"

wipe cache/dalvik, format data->reboot twrp->flash rom

Last edited:

piaste

Jun 25, 2021
FOD works even the screen lock (a little capricious from time to time).
it seems to me that in the options Stag lockscreen there is an option for that(Currently I am trying another ROM).
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
And I flashed the full rom.
"3. Flash StagOS-lmi-11.0.R3.0-UNOFFICIAL-Pristine-20210601-2333, wipe cache/dalvik, format data, boot into StagOS"

wipe cache/dalvik, format data->reboot twrp->flash rom

Tried it in the order you said, it still didn't work for me. I also got a FOD flashbang this time, perhaps because I flashed StagOS over LineageOS instead of first flashing back to MIUI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    banner.png

about.png

Hey another day another rom, that's what you might be thinking. but we at stag (I'll try not to use big words, because the idea is to be simple) aim at something towards elegance. We are learners just like everyone out there, This is small something we have started which helps us learn every single day. Why Stag, you might question, my answer would be why not. After all Harry's patronus was a stag(pun intended). Anyway, so the aim here is to provide a really good experience to everyone who uses, everyone on telegram channel can contact us and request, everything will be considered, because if you as users feel something missing, it obviously must be missing. So looking forward for people using our StagOS and giving us all your precious feedback.

~Sic Parvis Magna~

PS: for people wondering what sic parvis magna is, it translates to great endings from small beginnings, Something i picked up while playing a game.

Credits where they are Due:

Google(No explanation needed n this regards)

Lineage(For starting of the custom rom war)

KCUF Rom(For acting as base)

Omni Rom, Slim Rom, DirtyUnicorns, AospExtended and every other project whose contributions lead to many of the features present.

disclaimer.png

Code:
    [SIZE="4"]/*

* Your warranty is now void.

* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,

* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please

* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM

* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if

* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

*/[/SIZE]

features.png

1. StatusBar

-Traffic Indicators

-Battery Icon

-Clock Settings

-Carrier Label

-Old Mobile Type Icons

-Brightness Control

-4G - LTE Toggle

-Volit Icon Toggle

2. Quick Settings

-Header Images

-QS panel Opacity

-QS Tile Animations

-Brightness Slider Position

-Auto Brightness Icon Toggle

-Status Bar Header Clock

-QS Rows And Columns Customisation

3. Volume Keys

-Volume Keys Cursor

-Playback Control

-Volume Rocker Wake

4. Animations

-System Animations

-Listview Animations

-Screen Off Animations

-Power Menu Animations

-QS tiles Animations

5. Navigation Bar

-Full Screen Gesture Mode

-Invert Layout

-Pulse

6. Gestures

-AOSP Gestures

-Prevent Ringing

-DT2S On Lockscreen Ans Statusbar

-Three Finger Screenshot

7. Lock Screen

-Lock Screen Clock Styles

-Music Visualiser

-Charging info

8. Power Menu

-Advanced Restart

-Screenshot

-Settings

9. Styles And Wallpapers

-Lockscreen Clock Faces

-Styles (Icon Shapes And All)

10. Notifications

-Notification Light

-Battery Charging Light

-Heads Up Notifications toggle

-Edge Lighting

11. Display

-Ambient Display

-Night Light

-Icon Shapes

-Color Bucket

-RGB Accent Picker

-Gradient Accents

-Font Manager

12. System

-RGB Accent Picker

-Dashboard Icons

-Gaming Mode

downloads.png

Pristine Variant

GAPPS Variant

TWRP
    Firmware

installation.png

1) You need have a custom recovery installed (TWRP recommended)

*For this please check in the device specific forums

2) Download the latest StagOS Build and Open gapps package from the link provided official ones remove some default apps.

3) Boot into recovery

4) Go to Wipe and wipe system,data,dalvik & cache as a precaution

5) Flash StagOS zip & Gapps package(Optional)

6) Flash Magisk Root(Optional)

checklist.png

Whatever Features you find in first build there's no guarantee that they will carry on to the subsequent builds.

As 69+ features help only to boast, and this ROM over here is not only meant for that. We want you to boast but not by the features, We want you to fall in love with the touch. So here I'll be adding up the features that i intend on adding/removing. we are starting of with many features just to find out what you like/what you don't.

credits.png

There's a huge list here

Very firstly there're two people who i'd like to extend my big thanks

@darshan1205 The person who taught me everything i needed to start and @hridaySharma who always helped.

nextly @the_Darkbeast who helped me through all the rom and device related stuff.

@shekawat2 for letting us reference on his rom, which helped in making a great base for stag

Then there are the precious testers without whom many things would still be broken, These change from device to device and will properly be given credits.

In garlic Pritish Joshi, Saqid, Sandeep and myself tested the rom thoroughly to rid it of all the major bugs.

Finally Me and @phenom87 We work on the source

we also have vinothraja and Abhimanyu shekhawat, who always guide us in times of issues a big thanks to them

the wallpaper and bootanimation yu experience all thanks to pritish joshi

and the last member in group Rakesh rakhi samuel, who takes care of coding things and web management

connect.png

sources.png

ROM

Kernel

Device Tree

Screenshots

Screenshot_20210605-034714.png
    Screenshot_20210605-034736.png
    Screenshot_20210605-034743.png
    Screenshot_20210605-034744.png

FAQ

Recommended firmware ?
    V12.2.6.0.RJKMIXM

Recomended GAPPS ?
    I only use the Pristine version without Gapps, so I don't know which version to recommend. Try it yourself and post your comments in this thread!

Any bugs ?
    - FOD flashbang
    Simple splash screen for Stag OS (img and zip) :https://mega.nz/folder/DhtW2BjT#RJnZ1ngvq_11i0ZakWb8yg

stag.jpg