[ROM][11.0][UNOFFICIAL][M7-ALL] LineageOS 18.1 [STABLE]

Search This thread

Andrea224

Jan 18, 2016
Rome
@tarkzim I also have some random reboot into fastboot mode and I still don't know what triggers it, cause it's really random (sometimes just lock/unlock the device, or going into settings, or open a new tab in Firefox etc.).
Sometimes it just normally reboots instaed.
Another bug i found is that WiFi sometimes disconnects and never connects again, saying "unable to connect to the network", even if I delete and insert the password again (btw i use 5GHz WiFi). i need to reboot the phone for making it works again, but it's comes often even after reboots. On 2.4GHz seems to be pretty stable.
I'll try to take logs for you.

Last edited:

Andrea224

Jan 18, 2016
Rome
another bug I found is that when taking a photo on FootejCamera, the viewfinder freezes after taking a shot and i need to close and open it to maki it working again.

Runner85sx

Apr 18, 2012
Berlin
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
@tarkzim I also have some random reboot into fastboot mode and I still don't know what triggers it, cause it's really random (sometimes just lock/unlock the device, or going into settings, or open a new tab in Firefox etc.).
Sometimes it just normally reboots instaed.
Another bug i found is that WiFi sometimes disconnects and never connects again, saying "unable to connect to the network", even if I delete and insert the password again (btw i use 5GHz WiFi). i need to reboot the phone for making it works again, but it's comes often even after reboots. On 2.4GHz seems to be pretty stable.
I'll try to take logs for you.
The problem with Wifi 5GHz is an well known issue and has to do with the wifi driver inside the kernel.
There is nothing you can do yet.

Reactions: lovacy

love_echo24

May 24, 2017
Hello, thanks for the all the great roms and it has been super fun to play around with an old device and use it to its fully potential.

Is the rom an LOS GO build? My "Display over other apps" option says "Feature not available" with a sub-text "This feature has been turned off because it slows down your phone". Seemed like a default behavior for Go device/roms. Wondering if this is expected as the 10 version of the rom didn't have this issue.

tarkzim

Recognized Developer
Feb 11, 2015
Kaohsiung
Sony Xperia Z
HTC One (m7)
Hello, thanks for the all the great roms and it has been super fun to play around with an old device and use it to its fully potential.

Is the rom an LOS GO build? My "Display over other apps" option says "Feature not available" with a sub-text "This feature has been turned off because it slows down your phone". Seemed like a default behavior for Go device/roms. Wondering if this is expected as the 10 version of the rom didn't have this issue.

Yes it's a GO build, i may consider to revert it back to normal build since this feature is important to many people.

Reactions: grishaiozhig

smithbill

Jun 24, 2007
Liverpool
I flashed my M7 with your current ROM and everything seemed to work but with the same issues others have reported:

1. Often random reboots, sometimes to System but often into Bootloader
2. Magisk v22 zip flashes successfully in TWRP but the device is not rooted
3. Had to use OpenGapps Test version for Android 11 (BitGapps project is now closed and installs removed). FlameGapps isn't available for ARM builds.

Obviously the major issue is the random reboots.

smithbill

Jun 24, 2007
Liverpool
Tried flashing this ROM again. This time with Pico version of Test OpenGapps and restored nothing to it All seemed well. I thought I would try flashing an older version of Magisk (v20.4) but TWRP reports "unable to mount /vendor" (no idea why).

Then, after about an hour, it started rebooting itself to Bootloader where it sits. I have noticed it seems to boot to Bootloader within 30secs of unlocking the phone using Pattern unlock.

This is a great shame, because when it's not rebooting, the phone is smooth, fast & responsive.

smithbill

Jun 24, 2007
Liverpool
I'm not absolutely certain, but I've been running this ROM for a couple of hours now without any random reboots - I switched off the Pattern Screen Lock under Security Settings. So it does mean there is no security lock on my phone, but so far, it's not rebooting.

I gave up with Magisk. The SuperSU solution posted by @tariqa in post #33 seems to work fine for root access.

smithbill

Jun 24, 2007
Liverpool
I'm still finding my M7 to be useable without any random reboots after switching off pattern screen-lock. I haven't switched screen-lock back on to find out if that's what was causing the reboots, so it could just be a 'red-herring'.

Occasionally I find the UI and/or System freezes and has to be 'closed' and everything then becomes stuck/unstable & rebooting is necessary.

therob2

Jun 17, 2020
I flashed my HTC One M7 with this ROM 18.1 (details see screenshot). I report following issues:
  • WiFi connection issues (no 5GHz!):
    • WiFi via FritzBox7360 and 2,4GHz only mode, 802.11n+g, WPA/WPA2; M7 usage without a SIM card in flightmode (only Wifi activated).
    • I can connect to my home WiFi network, and if I use the connection/data (tested with RadioDroid stream playback) Wifi connection is stable mostly during at least 2-3 hours, also while display is off = standby
    • If m7 is in standby without data usage (=standby), in most of the cases WiFi is not connected anymore if display is switched on. Sometimes happens already after some seconds/minutes in standby, sometimes only after hours.
    • Most of the cases WiFi is automatically re-connected within some seconds after display on. But sometimes not and a manual reconnect or a WiFi OFF/ON or a restart is neccassary to reconnect.
    • I attached a logcat from Linux with adb logcat -v long > m7_wifi.txt
      (State 1: Wifi is in "won't connect anymore" mode (=BUG1), State 2: Display on/of, State 3: WiFi is manually switched OFF via status bar short cut --> WiFi connects, State 4: Wifi stays connected during ~ 1 Minute and 2-3 times display on/of, State 5: Wifi is disconnected and reaconnects only after Display is switched on (BUG2))
  • Camera has reddish view in dark environment (but had it before in all ROMs used and I think it is hardware related, doesn't matter what camera app)
Anything I or you (dev) can do about Wifi-Issue (I thought it only occures in 5GHz-networks)?
Cheers, Robert

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210314-145332_Einstellungen.png
    Screenshot_20210314-145332_Einstellungen.png
    87.8 KB · Views: 44
  • m7_wifi.txt.zip
    58.6 KB · Views: 10

therob2

Jun 17, 2020
(I can't attach my logcat file .... how to do? Now managed it by making a zip from txt file, so post above....strange)

Swift80

Mar 19, 2021
Hi, thank you for the great work. Installing LOS 18.1 unofficial on HTC One M7 (m7_ul), SIM card is not recognized. It' s not possible to make phone calls (SIM card by Wind3 ITA). I had to switch back to LOS 14.1.

Any workaround or smth I missed ?

Thanx a lot

lovacy

May 3, 2018
HTC One (m7)
Moto E
But more important: Many thanks for bringing Android 11 to good old m7. I use it as my daily driver for many years now. Today I upgraded from LOS 7.1.2 to your latest build of LOS 11. Now it's running for 6 hours without any major issues. The only thing that nags me a bit is that I can't disable vibrating when plugging in, without entirely disabling charging sounds (I just want the sound and no vibration).
The other thing is that I couldn't get magisk to work, as already mentioned in this thread.

lovacy

May 3, 2018
HTC One (m7)
Moto E
Hi, thank you for the great work. Installing LOS 18.1 unofficial on HTC One M7 (m7_ul), SIM card is not recognized. It' s not possible to make phone calls (SIM card by Wind3 ITA).

SIM card issue resolved​

Hi, I had the same bug. But after hours of trial and error and nearly no sleep last night I got it to work. Here is how:
Install LOS 17.1 and boot to system afterwards.
The SIM should be recognized.
Boot to Recovery (TWRP) and only wipe data & cache partitions (aka: factory reset & format data).
Flash LOS 18.1
(flash GApps if you wish)
reboot -> profit

If this does not work flash one of these after doing a full wipe. Just follow the instructions mentioned there. (boot.img can also be flashed from TWRP.)
Boot to system
Flash LOS 17.1 after only wiping data & cache
Boot to system
Flash LOS 18.1 as per above

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */
    Introduction
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Bugs

What's working:

• Boot
    • NFC
    • Audio Playback
    • GNSS GPS
    • RIL (LTE/CALL/SMS)
    • DT2W (Double tap to wake), for now you have to use Kernel Adiutor or other kernel tweak apps to enable it.
    • Camera / Camcorder
    • FM Radio (Not-tested)
    • WiFi
    • Hotspot (2.4Ghz / 5Ghz)
    • Bluetooth
    • USB (ADB/MTP/PTP)
    • IR Blaster
    • Sensors
    • Proximity / Light Sensor
    • Touch

What's not working:
    • SELinux is permissive
    • Hardware Encryption
    • You tell me.

Installation instructions

• Download the zip(s).
    • Install a compatible Recovery
    • Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    • Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
    • Flash ROM.
    • Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Supported models:
    • m7: m7ul, m7spr, m7vzw

Downloads
    Recovery : Official TWRP
    Gapps : Open Gapps Arm 11.0
    BiTGApps 11.0
    Rom : Download

Sources
    HTC MSM8960 Android Dev

Donate
    DONATE To Me

Big Thanks
    • LineageOS Team.
    • @ Flyhalf205
    • @ icxj1
    • @ R1ghtC
    • @ gimmeitorilltell
    • All M7/MSM8960 contributors.
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock 5.X
    Based On: LineageOS
    New build released
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r43 with September security patches.
    • Upstream updates and fixes.
    • Attempt to fix Voice echoes.
    • Attempt to fix sensor broken issues after idling for a while.
    New build released
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r40 with August security patches.
    • Fixed boot issues and increase boot speed.
    • Fixed camera capture freezing issues.
    • Added USB FastCharge HAL.
    • Kernel updates for sdFAT drivers and other misc updates.
    • Magisk is now working with this ROM.
    If you are facing random reboots after installling this build, please make a clean flash.
    Changelogs

2021/10/07
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r46 with October security patches.
    2021/09/13
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r43 with September security patches.
    • Attempt to fix Voice echoes.
    • Attempt to fix sensor broken issues after idling for a while.
    2021/08/09
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r40 with August security patches.
    • Fixed boot issues and increase boot speed.
    • Fixed camera capture freezing issues.
    • Added USB FastCharge HAL.
    • Kernel updates for sdFAT drivers and other misc updates.
    • Magisk is now working with this ROM.
    2021/01/12
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r27 with January security patches.
    • Updated to LineageOS 18.1.
    • LineageOS features updates.
    • Fixed lockscreen settings.
    • Minor updates.

2020/11/11
    • Fixed NFC.
    • Fixed Audio playback issues.
    • Fixed GNSS GPS crashing issues.
    • Fixed installer scripts to support all variants.

2020/11/08
    • Initial release of LineageOS 18.0 for M7.
    • With Android 11.0.0_r17 November security patches.
    New build released
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r27 with January security patches.
    • Updated to LineageOS 18.1.
    • LineageOS features updates.
    • Fixed lockscreen settings.
    • Minor updates.