• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11.0][UNOFFICIAL][M7-ALL] LineageOS 18.1 [STABLE]

Search This thread

mily-manson

Dec 27, 2013
Actually I managed to fix that issue right after writing the previous message - clearing the camera app cache solved the issue. However I have another issue now: Sometimes the phone appears to randomly turn off, though it is not actually off, it just won't wake up. Power button has no effect. Need to hard-reset it by pressing the power button for a long time.
i have this problem too with LOS 18.1 and LOS 17.1

mily-manson

Dec 27, 2013
I was using LOS 18.1 on my M7, No lag, and good speed but in the meantime I started noticing that my battery was being drained very fast than it normally does on previous builds, switched back to LOS 17.1 because that and also that it burns 🥵 very hot 🌡️temperature, hoping that issue got solve in a meantime, but anyway thanks for achieving this, Android 11 on our devices is something like a miracle, and miracles can happen.
yes i have drain fast is LOS 17.1 and LOS 18.1 and my phone very hot, so when i used LOS 17.1 to 18.1 replaced battery twice, i think its damage the battery life, if developer work and fix this, its super full rom.

Mafworld

Apr 6, 2013
La Ceiba
HTC One (m7)
Sprint HTC One
yes i have drain fast is LOS 17.1 and LOS 18.1 and my phone very hot, so when i used LOS 17.1 to 18.1 replaced battery twice, i think its damage the battery life, if developer work and fix this, its super full rom.
Yeah my battery is kinda okay, not abnormal shutdowns, last until 1%. I guess this unofficial roms got serious unpatched problems, still looking for old LOS 14.1 Nightly signed since was the most stabled and no overheating issues, but is not available anymore online.

mily-manson

Dec 27, 2013
if its work fine in this version with phone calling sound in speaker mode or Bluetooth call, means no noisy or poor quality sound, its very nice,
if its not, i hop you try fix this.
TNX Alot Big Man.
Calling in speaker mode causes echo on the other side. Especially when calling via Messenger like Signal with no good echo cancellation. In this situation there is an echo even in phone mode (i.e. when not using hands free mode).
Bluetooth call does not work. The other person hears just noise no voice and I hear nothing on my side. Bluetooth media playback works fine btw.
@tarkzim which logs may I provide you to help fixing the bluetooth bug? Can we do sth about the echo in voip calls? Are there any logs I could provide you about this?
i sad speaker mode mean is calling with phone in hands free mode and yes its echo on the other side, and in Bluetooth call is work and other side can hear my sound but with a lot of noise, and yes if can i send log to fix this i do it, with this problem i cant speak with my car audio deck by Bluetooth, its very Practical.
Thanks @tarkzim for this great rom, can you fix speaker mode or Bluetooth call issue?
overall the linage os rom for this device M7 has a some this problem:

1- battery drain and hot phone.
2- when calling and if using speaker mode or Bluetooth call then sound in other hand is echo or repeatedly voice with noise.
3- Proximity / Light Sensor not work all time and after a while its not work until you reboot the phone.
4- sometimes when the phone in sleep and you want to wake it up its has a black blank screen and you need to hard reboot it by long pressing the power button.
5- miracast (maybe MHL too) is not working.
6- google chrome its a little laggy.

its my experiencing with the linage os 14 to 18, RRQ and AICP roms they're Common problem on this htc one m7.
if that's problem fix, this rom is amazing.
i don't know, maybe if using GooglePlayEdition firmware for battery drain issue, cause its excellent battery performance in this phone.

Topy44

Nov 7, 2013
Ah yes, the sensor issue - it's actually not just the proximity sensor but also the accelerometer, GPS, etc. All the sensors stop working at some point until the phone is rebootet. Not a huge deal for me because I rarely use any of the sensors, but that has been an issue on LOS17.1 too. If it is too tricky to actually fix the issue maybe we could at least have a way to reset the relevant subsystems without having to reboot the entire phone?

My battery life is pretty acceptable - I can get through a day with moderate use, which is really all you can expect from an 8 year old battery. Still waiting for the replacement battery to arrive.

Mafworld

Apr 6, 2013
La Ceiba
HTC One (m7)
Sprint HTC One
To fix rom overheating issues I've applied a workaround based on my issues:

Issues that apply to all LOS versions on sprint variant since is the one I'm using right now, m7spr (aka m7wls)

If you are affected by:

Overheating, fast drain and slow charge, root your LOS with magisk, install kernel adiutor and setup everything posted as is here in this guide:

That will fix everything and eventually let you charge fast with more high capacity chargers, do it at your own risk!

w41ru5

Jul 17, 2017
Apologize for writing here, hope I don't disturb anyone. Just got an M7 international 801n (for fixing a screen for a friend) and I'm trying to surprise him with a better OS than the stock 5.1
Apparently I can't seem to find anything to have a working WIFI, tried lineage nougat, RR nougat, Xenon HD nougat.
Is there any hope to have a rom with the WIFI working? Sorry about the noob question, new to HTC, I'm a lagsung user.
Thank you!
EDIT: phone is S-ON but rooted

Attachments

• photo_2021-08-29_10-35-18.jpg
    photo_2021-08-29_10-35-18.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 40
  • photo_2021-08-29_10-35-17.jpg
    photo_2021-08-29_10-35-17.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 42

Mafworld

Apr 6, 2013
La Ceiba
HTC One (m7)
Sprint HTC One
My Statement about lineage OS build from 16 to 18.1 on HTC One M7 m7wls version (m7spr).

So after having some time using all build I notice that the kernel is not well implement, switched to some available kernels to test stability and performance, some of them stopped the common issues, like slow charging and overheating, I can confirm this but I cannot confirm if the main problems could be the kernels or the CPU governor configuration, however, I switched back to lineage OS 14.1 on where overheating issue are not present, I get 1 hour and 34 minutes on charging to AC, and not overheating issues while charging, meanwhile on new LOS builds I get up to 11 hours to charge and they overheat a lot, in any case you want to try them you're free to got but I don't recommend anyone to use it as daily driver, it is stable but there's some bugs behind that requires to be managed and fixed.

Andrea224

Jan 18, 2016
Rome
Unfortunately, our device uses Android GO configurations and it can't be disabled otherwise it won't boot.

Google disallow Android GO to use "Display over other apps", so i have no idea for now.

maybe there is some way to force enable it?
Oh I see, well I don't know if there's a way to force it, but I'll look into it, who knows

Thank you anyway also for the work you do on this phone

w41ru5

Jul 17, 2017
My Statement about lineage OS build from 16 to 18.1 on HTC One M7 m7wls version (m7spr).

So after having some time using all build I notice that the kernel is not well implement, switched to some available kernels to test stability and performance, some of them stopped the common issues, like slow charging and overheating, I can confirm this but I cannot confirm if the main problems could be the kernels or the CPU governor configuration, however, I switched back to lineage OS 14.1 on where overheating issue are not present, I get 1 hour and 34 minutes on charging to AC, and not overheating issues while charging, meanwhile on new LOS builds I get up to 11 hours to charge and they overheat a lot, in any case you want to try them you're free to got but I don't recommend anyone to use it as daily driver, it is stable but there's some bugs behind that requires to be managed and fixed.
I have tried lineage os 14 on the M7 and the WIFI doesn't work - it can scan a network, register to it, but it will not connect to it. How is it for you, please? Thank you.

Mafworld

Apr 6, 2013
La Ceiba
HTC One (m7)
Sprint HTC One
I have tried lineage os 14 on the M7 and the WIFI doesn't work - it can scan a network, register to it, but it will not connect to it. How is it for you, please? Thank you.
It work flawlessly on my device, sometimes happens the wifi drop but I guess the IR blaster is causing some issues to wifi or idk since only when using it sometimes it drops my wifi, please getvar info from you device using fastboot and paste it here to check what could be your issue.

Question: what lineage build are you trying to Install?

Please provide the build date of lineage and version, also link from where you downloaded.

w41ru5

Jul 17, 2017
It work flawlessly on my device, sometimes happens the wifi drop but I guess the IR blaster is causing some issues to wifi or idk since only when using it sometimes it drops my wifi, please getvar info from you device using fastboot and paste it here to check what could be your issue.

Question: what lineage build are you trying to Install?

Please provide the build date of lineage and version, also link from where you downloaded.
tried 20200506 and 20200318 builds
I'll try to get a getvar here.
Thanks

fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.61.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4T.35.3218.16
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: SH3A9W904370
(bootloader) imei: xxxxxxxxxxxxx - edited
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0710000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__032
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4210mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-0e2a13e5
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.031s

Last edited:

Andrea224

Jan 18, 2016
Rome
@tarkzim I found the way to bypass "show over other apps": basically you need to have root, install App Ops and grant the permission of the app you want.

Aside from that, I found that sometime screen/touch sensitivity is a bit bugged and unresponsive when charging the phone, while before on other your roms too it doesn't had this stuff

Mafworld

Apr 6, 2013
La Ceiba
HTC One (m7)
Sprint HTC One
tried 20200506 and 20200318 builds
I'll try to get a getvar here.
Thanks

fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.61.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4T.35.3218.16
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: SH3A9W904370
(bootloader) imei: xxxxxxxxxxxxx - edited
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0710000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__032
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4210mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-0e2a13e5
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.031s
In my case, I got the m7_wls variant so issues happens in one way or other as others but not yours, could be build related issues, or no, why you not try wiping the system and flashing any RUU? Using the one you think was working previously okay, use it as a base and then install your custom ROM, check if it solve your issues, I cannot confirm to you if is related build or variant issue since I cannot install those build on my device, only the m7spr builds.

w41ru5

Jul 17, 2017
In my case, I got the m7_wls variant so issues happens in one way or other as others but not yours, could be build related issues, or no, why you not try wiping the system and flashing any RUU? Using the one you think was working previously okay, use it as a base and then install your custom ROM, check if it solve your issues, I cannot confirm to you if is related build or variant issue since I cannot install those build on my device, only the m7spr builds.
Thank you for suggestions. Finally got it to work. The Wi-Fi is finicky tho, it gets disconnected from time to time. I'll see how it goes. Have a nice day/evening.

Topy44

Nov 7, 2013
Been using the most current release as my daily driver for a while now, here are the issues I have been having:
  • Sometimes the device will not wake up from standby. The touch button LEDs go on, but the screen stays blank. Required a hard reset. No clue what causes this or how to debug it...
  • Sometimes Wifi stops working. Pressing the Wifi icon in the quick toggle bar has no effect, and long-pressing it will not open the Wifi setting screen either. The phone will also not shut down/reboot, requires hard reset. Is there maybe some way to reset whatever subsystem is crashing here without having to reboot the phone?
  • The camera freezing issue still happens - sometimes after taking a few images the camera hangs and any subsequent start of the camera app will just throw an error. Reboot fixes this. Also no clue what causes this, others don't seem to have the same issue much?
  • Battery drain also seems quite high, though my battery is also very old and worn out - not sure if this is related to the ROM.
  • After a while various sensors sometimes stop working, notably the orientation sensor and GPS. Reboot fixes this. Again, if we can't fix the cause of this some way to reset the related subsystems without rebooting the entire phone would be very appreciated!
Otherwise it is pretty amazing how well this works on this ancient device. Any help with fixing these remaining issues would be greatly appreciated! This phone keeps up remarkably well, it still performs better than quite a few modern low-end Chinese phones, and it has a much more convenient form factor and outstanding build quality. If we can fix some of these issues I see no problem using this phone as my daily driver for another couple of years!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New build released
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r46 with October security patches.
    • Upstream updates and fixes.
    So I have an 8 year old phone as a daily driver and it is still getting updates, and better yet the developer is actually addressing specific issues I have. Awesome! Thanks @tarkzim ! Will install it later today and report.
    Hi, thanks for this Rom. I found 2 issues.1 wifi keeps disconnecting and 2. Bluetooth doesnt work.
    New build released
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r43 with September security patches.
    • Attempt to fix Voice echoes.
    • Attempt to fix sensor broken issues after idling for a while.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */
    Introduction
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Bugs

What's working:

• Boot
    • NFC
    • Audio Playback
    • GNSS GPS
    • RIL (LTE/CALL/SMS)
    • DT2W (Double tap to wake), for now you have to use Kernel Adiutor or other kernel tweak apps to enable it.
    • Camera / Camcorder
    • FM Radio (Not-tested)
    • WiFi
    • Hotspot (2.4Ghz / 5Ghz)
    • Bluetooth
    • USB (ADB/MTP/PTP)
    • IR Blaster
    • Sensors
    • Proximity / Light Sensor
    • Touch

What's not working:
    • SELinux is permissive
    • Hardware Encryption
    • You tell me.

Installation instructions

• Download the zip(s).
    • Install a compatible Recovery
    • Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    • Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
    • Flash ROM.
    • Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Supported models:
    • m7: m7ul, m7spr, m7vzw

Downloads
    Recovery : Official TWRP
    Gapps : Open Gapps Arm 11.0
    BiTGApps 11.0
    Rom : Download

Sources
    HTC MSM8960 Android Dev

Donate
    DONATE To Me

Big Thanks
    • LineageOS Team.
    • @ Flyhalf205
    • @ icxj1
    • @ R1ghtC
    • @ gimmeitorilltell
    • All M7/MSM8960 contributors.
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock 5.X
    Based On: LineageOS
    New build released
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r40 with August security patches.
    • Fixed boot issues and increase boot speed.
    • Fixed camera capture freezing issues.
    • Added USB FastCharge HAL.
    • Kernel updates for sdFAT drivers and other misc updates.
    • Magisk is now working with this ROM.
    If you are facing random reboots after installling this build, please make a clean flash.
    Changelogs

2021/10/07
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r46 with October security patches.
    2021/09/13
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r43 with September security patches.
    • Attempt to fix Voice echoes.
    • Attempt to fix sensor broken issues after idling for a while.
    2021/08/09
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r40 with August security patches.
    • Fixed boot issues and increase boot speed.
    • Fixed camera capture freezing issues.
    • Added USB FastCharge HAL.
    • Kernel updates for sdFAT drivers and other misc updates.
    • Magisk is now working with this ROM.
    2021/01/12
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r27 with January security patches.
    • Updated to LineageOS 18.1.
    • LineageOS features updates.
    • Fixed lockscreen settings.
    • Minor updates.

2020/11/11
    • Fixed NFC.
    • Fixed Audio playback issues.
    • Fixed GNSS GPS crashing issues.
    • Fixed installer scripts to support all variants.

2020/11/08
    • Initial release of LineageOS 18.0 for M7.
    • With Android 11.0.0_r17 November security patches.
    New build released
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r27 with January security patches.
    • Updated to LineageOS 18.1.
    • LineageOS features updates.
    • Fixed lockscreen settings.
    • Minor updates.