• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11.0][UNOFFICIAL][M7-ALL] LineageOS 18.1 [STABLE]

Search This thread

Topy44

Nov 7, 2013
Wow, another update. Amazing that you are still supporting this ancient device!

I have been using the last update as a daily driver for a while now and I have had some issues, including some I have not had with the previous versions. I wonder if my installation technique has anything to do with it. My issues:
- Occasional random reboots
- Sometimes the device semi-crashes with the screen off, not waking up the screen when pressing the power button. Playing music through Bluetooth and pausing/resuming playback through Bluetooth device buttons still works. Requires a hard reset.
- The camera still randomly crashes, requiring a reboot
- Sometimes Wifi seems to crash. The status bar says I am still logged into my Wifi (even if I am not in range), trying to disable Wifi has no effect, and trying to open the Wifi settings screen has either no effect or opens a blank screen. Requires hard reset (trying to reboot fails, hanging on "shutting down").

My installation procedure: Wipe device (all partitions), install latest LOS17 rom (otherwise there are issues with the SIM card not being recognized), boot, reboot back into TWRP, flash latest LOS18 rom over it, install OpenGapps, install the root zip mentioned in this thread, boot into Android and set it up as usual.

@tarkzim What is your exact installation procedure? Do you first flash an old rom and them flash the new one over it, or do you directly flash the new one onto the wiped device? Do you have any of these issues yourself or are they specific to my device?

I am going to update to the latest release soon but as the release notes only mention security updates I don't assume that there would be any difference regarding my issues.

jimbob00

Feb 19, 2016
Try installing the latest build and gaps at the same time... wipe/flash rom/flash gaps. reboot.

Topy44

Nov 7, 2013
No sim card detected on Los 18. On Los 17 works perfectly.
Have not had the SIM card issue this time around. Installing LOS17, booting, and then flashing LOS18 over it fixed it for me last time. I wonder what causes the issue... In theory there should be nothing left of LOS17 after a wipe.

sarfrax

Jan 13, 2013
Have not had the SIM card issue this time around. Installing LOS17, booting, and then flashing LOS18 over it fixed it for me last time. I wonder what causes the issue... In theory there should be nothing left of LOS17 after a wipe.
I have tried both methods. On LOS 17 installed 18 and just clean 18 installation. Couldn't detect sim.

Topy44

Nov 7, 2013
I am having trouble restoring apps with Titanium Backup Pro, I suspect the dodgy root method may be at fault. Is there any working alternative? I couldn't get SuperSU or Magisk to work. Both install but don't work/disappear on boot.

Topy44

Nov 7, 2013
Just had the first "screen won't wake up" hang with the new build, so this hasn't been fixed. Any ideas how I could try to find the cause?

mily-manson

Dec 27, 2013
To fix rom overheating issues I've applied a workaround based on my issues:

Issues that apply to all LOS versions on sprint variant since is the one I'm using right now, m7spr (aka m7wls)

If you are affected by:

Overheating, fast drain and slow charge, root your LOS with magisk, install kernel adiutor and setup everything posted as is here in this guide:

That will fix everything and eventually let you charge fast with more high capacity chargers, do it at your own risk!
Everything is good now, just overheating and drain battery charge, @tarkzim can you edit kernel to that post for example to fix this issue, otherwise everything is good, tnx

Topy44

Nov 7, 2013
The Wifi issue is back too, though this time I can still open the Wifi screen - but no networks show up.

parahumanoid

Jan 7, 2011
So, what's the latest success story for M7 that actually works? Anyone with experience using 802d model ?
I am stuck at viperos from days back for now, and oldish as it is, it works as intended. So I am looking for any reasonable upgrade that would put me at Android 6.0 or later (the later the better, but not as much as it being completely clunky and bug-ridden: something I can give my elderly mother to use). Thanks for sharing.

parahumanoid

Jan 7, 2011
I may have missed it, I apologize if so: is twrp 2.7 good enoug for this job?
Also, what can I expect to work - if anything - on a m7cdwg handset?
Thank you all for your comments and especially to the developer for keeping the game alive with this great, although aged, phone.

jimbob00

Feb 19, 2016
are you installing the right gaps ? arm-11. (micro i used)

Reactions: forziere

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */
    Introduction
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Bugs

What's working:

• Boot
    • NFC
    • Audio Playback
    • GNSS GPS
    • RIL (LTE/CALL/SMS)
    • DT2W (Double tap to wake), for now you have to use Kernel Adiutor or other kernel tweak apps to enable it.
    • Camera / Camcorder
    • FM Radio (Not-tested)
    • WiFi
    • Hotspot (2.4Ghz / 5Ghz)
    • Bluetooth
    • USB (ADB/MTP/PTP)
    • IR Blaster
    • Sensors
    • Proximity / Light Sensor
    • Touch

What's not working:
    • SELinux is permissive
    • Hardware Encryption
    • You tell me.

Installation instructions

• Download the zip(s).
    • Install a compatible Recovery
    • Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    • Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
    • Flash ROM.
    • Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Supported models:
    • m7: m7ul, m7spr, m7vzw

Downloads
    Recovery : Official TWRP
    Gapps : Open Gapps Arm 11.0
    BiTGApps 11.0
    Rom : Download

Sources
    HTC MSM8960 Android Dev

Donate
    DONATE To Me

Big Thanks
    • LineageOS Team.
    • @ Flyhalf205
    • @ icxj1
    • @ R1ghtC
    • @ gimmeitorilltell
    • All M7/MSM8960 contributors.
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock 5.X
    Based On: LineageOS
    New build released
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r43 with September security patches.
    • Upstream updates and fixes.
    • Attempt to fix Voice echoes.
    • Attempt to fix sensor broken issues after idling for a while.
    New build released
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r40 with August security patches.
    • Fixed boot issues and increase boot speed.
    • Fixed camera capture freezing issues.
    • Added USB FastCharge HAL.
    • Kernel updates for sdFAT drivers and other misc updates.
    • Magisk is now working with this ROM.
    If you are facing random reboots after installling this build, please make a clean flash.
    Changelogs

2021/10/07
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r46 with October security patches.
    2021/09/13
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r43 with September security patches.
    • Attempt to fix Voice echoes.
    • Attempt to fix sensor broken issues after idling for a while.
    2021/08/09
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r40 with August security patches.
    • Fixed boot issues and increase boot speed.
    • Fixed camera capture freezing issues.
    • Added USB FastCharge HAL.
    • Kernel updates for sdFAT drivers and other misc updates.
    • Magisk is now working with this ROM.
    2021/01/12
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r27 with January security patches.
    • Updated to LineageOS 18.1.
    • LineageOS features updates.
    • Fixed lockscreen settings.
    • Minor updates.

2020/11/11
    • Fixed NFC.
    • Fixed Audio playback issues.
    • Fixed GNSS GPS crashing issues.
    • Fixed installer scripts to support all variants.

2020/11/08
    • Initial release of LineageOS 18.0 for M7.
    • With Android 11.0.0_r17 November security patches.
    New build released
    • Updated to Android 11.0.0_r27 with January security patches.
    • Updated to LineageOS 18.1.
    • LineageOS features updates.
    • Fixed lockscreen settings.
    • Minor updates.