• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11.0][UNOFFICIAL] Nexus Stock for 2019 Galaxy Tab A 10.1 [SM-T510]

Search This thread

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
Tried a format, and not wipe, of DATA from recovery today. It did not solve the problem. The Samsung GUI elements are still present.

Since this is the first 11 ROM I have tried it might be I am experiencing something that others who have used incremental upgrades have not...
If you read the OP, you'll see that this ROM is based on the stock ROM and not LOS. You'll have to remove unwanted Samsung stuff manually.

morgads

Nov 30, 2005
Hi. I'm sorry, but I don't follow. The OP says the ROM is based on CAOS, which in turn is based on AOSP. @Magendanz has another series of ROMs based on Lineage OS I believe, but this is not that. Please advise if I have misunderstood. Thx

morgads

Nov 30, 2005
Yes, understood. But the lineage of this ROM is Nexus-->CAOS-->AOSP. I don't see how that would mean stock Samsung ROM. I take " Nexus Stock" to mean native Android as provided through AOSP. Furthermore, @Magendanz own screenshots in OP don't include the artifacts I am seeing. I believe he would include it in the notes if he did additional tweaks. Feel free to elaborate if my understanding is wrong. Thx

rw_on_xda

Jun 24, 2013
Berlin
@morgads

I'm running (original ?) CAOS v312 and I'm also see 'Dump SysUI Heap' there (and it doesn't hurt (here)).
I guess it comes from CAOS, so all my advices from comments #177, #179 seems to be wrong.
sorry

Last edited:

rw_on_xda

Jun 24, 2013
Berlin

rw_on_xda

Jun 24, 2013
Berlin
I unpacked this img file and flashed it with TWRP to system. Got bootloop at Samsung screen. Are there instructions somewhere for how to install it? I did stantard wipe prior to flashing.

Haven't flashed Andy Yan's LOS - so far -, but it should be the same as flashing CAOS (caos-*-a64-bgZ.img.xz)

I mean I have posted a instruction howto flash either here or in @Magendanz los thread
- currently can't find it -

got it:
- this thread
- comment #126 and following

I guess you missed "format data" before flashing LOS ...

Last edited:

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
Haven't flashed Andy Yan's LOS - so far -, but it should be the same as flashing CAOS.

I mean I have posted a instruction howto flash either here or in @Magendanz los thread
- currently can't find it -

got it:
- this thread
- comment #126 and following

I guess you missed "format data" before flashing LOS ...
Formatting data didn't help. I think the problem might be that I'm on CUF4 and not BUC4.

rw_on_xda

Jun 24, 2013
Berlin
Formatting data didn't help. I think the problem might be that I'm on CUF4 and not BUC4

here are the steps how @Magendanz and I did it:

Please adjust the image.
it should be for LOS: "treble_a64_bv*"

I'm (still) on BUC4, but I'm quiet sure this doesn't makes a difference, cause both binary 5.

Last edited:

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
here is how @Magendanz and I did it:
Those instructions seem to be for a much earlier version of the stock ROM. Plus, I'm coming from the Nexus ROM. If I have to use Odin to go back to stock, I'll still have to flash the CUF4 and that doesn't match the version in the instructions you linked.

edit: This is why I don't like to try GSI ROMs. Without an XDA support forum for the ROM, it is always a PITA finding the right install method.

rw_on_xda

Jun 24, 2013
Berlin
I'll still have to flash the CUF4 and that doesn't match the version in the instructions you linked.

AFAIK, you're free to flash any GSI ROM on any Stock.
AFAIK, only custom rom's build on top of a specific stock (kernel) version need that specific stock (kernel) version installed before, e.g. => @Magendanz's ROM's.

why, I'm confident with my first statement:
(up to now, cause I will try the next hours to upgrade to lastest stock and then install LOS 18.1)

moons ago I downloaded the at that time lastest stock (5BUC4) and blindly flashed it.
@Magendanz's nexus wasn't flashable after that cause of bootloader's binary downgrade from 5 to 4 denied it. @Magendanz nexus at that time was build to support 4BUA1 only
But I was able to flash @Magendanz's TWRP and with it CAOS with no error regarding downgrading bootloader's binary !

BUT, I have to mention that I always came from stock before flashing custom rom

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
AFAIK, you're free to flash any GSI ROM on any Stock.
AFAIK, only custom rom's build on top of a specific stock (kernel) version need that specific stock (kernel) version installed before, e.g. => @Magendanz's ROM's.

why, I'm confident with my first statement:
(up to now, cause I will try the next hours to upgrade to lastest stock and then install LOS 18.1)

moons ago I downloaded the at that time lastest stock (5BUC4) and blindly flashed it.
@Magendanz's nexus wasn't flashable after that cause of bootloader's binary downgrade from 5 to 4 denied it. @Magendanz nexus at that time was build to support 4BUA1 only
But I was able to flash @Magendanz's TWRP and with it CAOS with no error regarding downgrading bootloader's binary !

BUT, I have to mention that I always came from stock before flashing custom rom
Still no go. Used Odin to flash stock. Booted, enabled wifi, skipped setup and enabled developer mode. Flashed TWRP via odin, and used it to format data and flash multi-disabler. Flashed GSI img and rebooted. Still loops at Samsung logo screen.

rw_on_xda

Jun 24, 2013
Berlin
@lewmur

- flashed lastest stock via Odin3-v3.14.4
- let the device connect to Wifi and let it finish setup
- checked OEM
- flashed @Magendanz twrp-3.5.2_9-0-T510XXU5CUF4-20210725.tar.md5
- installed multidisabler-samsung-3.1.zip under TWRP
- formated data
- installed lineage-18.1-20210808-UNOFFICIAL-treble_a64_bvS-vndklite.img to system

all okay here, no boot loop !

but wifi's WPA3 isn't working, I guess I need to switch to WPA2 and I need a gapps to have playstore...

but anyway, I guess this is NOT the right thread to discuss lineage stuff !

Last edited:

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
You
@lewmur

- flashed lastest stock via Odin3-v3.14.4
- let the device connect to Wifi and let it finish setup
- checked OEM
- flashed @Magendanz twrp-3.5.2_9-0-T510XXU5CUF4-20210725.tar.md5
- installed multidisabler-samsung-3.1.zip under TWRP
- formated data
- installed lineage-18.1-20210808-UNOFFICIAL-treble_a64_bvS-vndklite.img to system

all okay here, no boot loop !

but wifi's WPA3 isn't working, I guess I need to switch to WPA2 and I need a gapps to have playstore...

but anyway, I guess this is NOT the right thread to discuss lineage stuff !
You're right. So can you post these instruction in the "Guides" section? It worked with that file but that's not the one the link defaulted to.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's seems no acces to the internal memory...
    I format data in TWRP flash again in TWRB wipe dalvik/cache.
    And now all is OK.
    I've been able to install this ROM successfully after some trouble.

Happy Days!

Is anyone able to confirm if Magisk works or not?

And I patch boot.img not recovery.img?

Someone in the TWRP thread said they go for boot.img but since there are so many variants of this I figure I'd confirm for this model specifically.
    I have Magisk working.
    Extract Boot.img from AP file. Patch this in Magisk Manager and then install with TWRP.
    "... incremental updates ...", maybe ?
    No Ota updates
    Can anyone help me understand why I can't install the ROM on my device?

I've already checked the build number, carefully followed the bootloader unlocking tutorial and the installation... changed the cable, changed the inputs and even the PC. I formatted the device several times, turned on usb debugging but every time it reports this error.
    I'm so sad because I really wanted to use this rom... the original is really bad.. :sad:
    I had something similar happen, after I flashed stock to recover from a boot loop with the latest Nexus ROM. I had not let the stock setup fully complete. Not sure that was the real issue, but I let it complete setup and then flashed the latest Nexus ROM - worked OK. I got the same error, 'write failed'. I was using the latest ODIN on Windows 11.
    I have Magisk up and running. Just download the APK file and rename it to ZIP then flash in TWRP. Easy peasy. Cheers for this great and smooth ROM.
    qPD09.png

Well, we're finally getting some relatively stable builds of AOSP GSIs and OpenGApps for Android 11.0, so here's my first effort at migrating the Nexus Stock custom ROM for the 2019 Galaxy Tab A 10.0 [SM-T510] to the latest Android OS release. It's very much a work in progress, but it should hopefully help blaze the trail for even better work.

Notes:
    • The current process may require you to reset to factory defaults to remove file-based encryption. Remember to backup your data!
    • Custom kernels are specific to OEM releases, and this one is based on the June 2021 Update (T510XXU5CUJ1) for the SM-T510. Note that the bootloader in this release has roll-back prevention.
    • The system is based on eremitein's CAOS GSI project with the latest Stock variant from OpenGApps.
    • Boot logo and default wallpaper is from my Nexus series of custom ROMs for Android TV, and I'm using the Pixel boot animation with black background.
    • Stock recovery will be replaced with my latest TWRP build for the SM-T510.
    • I've dialed back most of scary bootloader warnings and Knox Security branding from the boot sequence.
    • The properties now correctly identify the device as a tablet, and so the Google Dialer is no longer installed. I've also disabled the Emergency button, but SetupWizard still insists on reminding you to insert a SIM (sigh!).
    • This is unofficial and unsupported, so the usual caveats apply. Since we don't flash the bootloader, you should be able recover from any problems...but nothing is guaranteed.

Not working:
    • Support for file-based encryption
    • Cold charging (low power mode) animates to about 39% and then reboots.
    Downloads:
    Build archives:

Change Log:
    20211125:

• Vendor partition and custom kernel based on T510XXU5CUJ1 OEM firmware (October 2021 Update)
    • Update to TWRP v3.6.0 custom recovery on AOSP 11
    • Latest Google apps from OpenGApps (20211125) w/ rollback for GoogleTTS
    20211120:
    • System partition based on CAOS 11.0 v313+ (October 2021 Security Update)
    • Latest Google apps from OpenGApps (20211120) w/ rollback for GoogleTTS
    20210825:
    • Vendor partition and custom kernel based on T510XXU5CUF4 OEM firmware (June 2021 Update)
    • System partition based on CAOS 11.0 v312 (August 2021 Security Update)
    • Update to TWRP v3.5.2 custom recovery
    • Latest Google apps from OpenGApps (20210825-TEST)
    20210318:
    • Fixed custom Pixel Launcher so that icon positions are saved.
    • Fixed clipped pixels on edge of launcher search bar.
    • Defaults icon layout to 7 columns for main, hotseat and app drawer, just like it used to be for the Nexus 10. (For 6 column layout bump display scaling to Large.)
    20210314:
    • Vendor partition and custom kernel based on T510XXU4BUA1 OEM firmware (January 2021 Update)
    • System partition based on CAOS 11.0 v302 (March 2021 Security Update)
    • Update to TWRP v3.5.1 custom recovery
    • Latest Google apps from OpenGApps (20210130-TEST)
    20210216:
    • Initial build based on T510XXU3BTK1 kernel (November 2020 Update) and CAOS 11.0 v300m.

Instructions:
    From OEM stock firmware:

• Unlock bootloader
    • Ensure matching OEM build (e.g. T510XXU3BTK1) is installed
    • Hold Vol Up & Vol Down buttons during restart to enter Download mode
    • Install custom ROM tarball (.tar.md5 file) to AP with Odin
    • When TWRP launches, factory reset with Wipe->Format Data. (Not necessary for incremental upgrades.)
    • Reboot to system
    From existing TWRP install (for incremental updates):
    • Hold Power & Vol Up during restart to enter TWRP recovery
    • Tap Install, select your update (.zip file), and then swipe to install
    • Reboot to system

Source:

Donations:
    • Your support is always appreciated! Just click here.
    • I'm leveraging a ton of work done by @phhusson for Treble GSIs and @eremitein for CAOS, so please show them some love!
    I just posted a new release. Note that I'll be following up with another update for T510XXU5CUJ1 (October 2021 Update) as soon as Samsung posts the kernel source.

Downloads:
    Change Log:
    20211120:

• System partition based on CAOS 11.0 v313+ (October 2021 Security Update)
    • Latest Google apps from OpenGApps (20211120) w/ rollback for GoogleTTS
    New build just posted...

Downloads:
    Build archives:
    Change Log:
    20210318:

• Fixed custom Pixel Launcher so that icon positions are saved.
    • Fixed clipped pixels on edge of launcher search bar.
    • Defaults icon layout to 7 columns for main, hotseat and app drawer, just like it used to be for the Nexus 10. (For 6 column layout bump display scaling to Large.)
    New build is posted. Note that this is the first build with the new Android 11 OEM kernel, and so you should expect some issues. In particular, I've noticed that MTP with Android Debugging enabled can cause reboots. There's also the issue with the reboot during the cold charging animation (but it no longer hangs). I'm also creating my own stock variant for OpenGApps, which still hasn't updated the TEST release from January.

Also, note that the new OEM bootloader for Android 11 has rollback prevention, so there's no going back to Android 10 releases.

Downloads:
    Change Log:
    20210825:

• Vendor partition and custom kernel based on T510XXU5CUF4 OEM firmware (June 2021 Update)
    • System partition based on CAOS 11.0 v312 (August 2021 Security Update)
    • Update to TWRP v3.5.2 custom recovery
    • Latest Google apps from OpenGApps (20210825-TEST)
    New release posted...

Downloads:
    Build archives:

Change Log:
    20210314:

• Vendor partition and custom kernel based on T510XXU4BUA1 OEM firmware (January 2021 Update)
    • System partition based on CAOS 11.0 v302 (March 2021 Security Update)
    • Update to TWRP v3.5.1 custom recovery