• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11.0][UNOFFICIAL] Nexus Stock for 2019 Galaxy Tab A 10.1 [SM-T510]

Search This thread

rw_on_xda

Jun 24, 2013
Berlin
... So can you post these instruction in the "Guides" section? It worked with that file but that's not the one the link defaulted to.
which instruction ?
which guides section ?
what file links to default what ?

copy & paste the instruction to an HowTo-file in an directory belonging to your device on your computer and you're done.

P.S.
I'm back to CAOS, cause pico gapps wasn't installable somehow

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
which instruction ?
which guides section ?
what file links to default what ?

copy & paste the instruction to an HowTo-file in an directory belonging to your device on your computer and you're done.

P.S.
I'm back to CAOS, cause pico gapps wasn't installable somehow
I'm running Pico. Just had to choose /Wipe/Advanced, check System box and then click Repair or Change File System. Click Resize File System and it will increase the partition size so gapps will fit.

BTW, when I suggested you post in Guide it was for the benefit of others. I already have it working.

Magendanz

Mar 25, 2008
Issaquah, WA
www.Vote4Chad.com
@lewmur

- flashed lastest stock via Odin3-v3.14.4
- let the device connect to Wifi and let it finish setup
- checked OEM
- flashed @Magendanz twrp-3.5.2_9-0-T510XXU5CUF4-20210725.tar.md5
- installed multidisabler-samsung-3.1.zip under TWRP
- formated data
- installed lineage-18.1-20210808-UNOFFICIAL-treble_a64_bvS-vndklite.img to system

all okay here, no boot loop !

but wifi's WPA3 isn't working, I guess I need to switch to WPA2 and I need a gapps to have playstore...

but anyway, I guess this is NOT the right thread to discuss lineage stuff !
You'll also need a fix for MTP and offline charging.

rw_on_xda

Jun 24, 2013
Berlin
You'll also need a fix for MTP and offline charging.
yup, that was undergone to me, cause I was in the hope that all 3 "bugs" were fixed, at least after writing a mail - without answer though - to phhusson regarding WPA3 and the both other's were discussed somewhere (CAOS thread ?)

Questions:
1. what are the main differences about your nexus and pure CAOS ?

2. when I in stock set battery charge to cut off at 85 % does it "survive" somehow in custom rom's ?
e.g. is it a "setting in hardware" ( like a bios setting in (some) notebooks ?

rw_on_xda

Jun 24, 2013
Berlin
The Odin-download-link in the first post (https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoqocX31ecnXgqRy-d_bczDc12zq5g?e=glwQLm) is leading to the stock rom - can some confirm?

I was expecting the custom ROM Odin-files behind that link. Am i missing sth. oder is that a bad link?
Thank you in advance!
the link is leading to @Magendanz's custom rom, not the stock rom.
it has the stock rom version (T510XXU5CUF4) in it's name though, to express what it's based on.

stock rom usual named like *SM-T510_DBT_T510XXU5CUF4*
where both '*' may vary dependent where you downloaded from.
dito for the "DBT" (for Germany) if you download for another country.

marcomesias

Oct 29, 2018
Lima
Hi, I've been using these ROMs on my 2 Galaxy devices, and it's completely cool. I have not found any BUG in my daily use (I do not use offline charging), the fluidity is tremendous, and regarding the problem that FreeFire was closing and they recommended me to buy a 3 ram device, I solved it by installing Magisk and certifying the Playstore with Props, simulating that it is a Pixel 5 Redfin, with this the FreeFire game never closed again, I can even keep FreeFire and FreeFire MAX simultaneously, so my 2GB of RAM was never the problem. The RAM management is incredible, even the CACHE memory can preload many applications such as TikTok, Youtube or Chrome so that they can be opened quickly, since in ONE UI A11 multitasking simply did not exist. In a matter of battery, I always get about 10 or 11 hours of screen, with medium brightness and playing all the time. The ROM is 99% perfect and I hope the developer supports A12 GSI with the same stability :(. If the developer implemented the Redfin A11 fingerprint I think this ROM could come CERTIFIED from the first installation, and thus avoid the installation of MAGISK for whoever does not want it, it is only a suggestion to make this perfect ROM. I attach some screenshots and thank you very much @Magendanz

242585463_390401829212877_1485750107665905401_n.png243192567_1049188515920048_1440970338225224438_n.png243313656_919152872286629_7188593591216213262_n.png244141667_6262427767162242_2993552028788524291_n.png

vlrgamaley

Jan 29, 2014
Novosibirsk
hello, guys. sry for my attempt to asking a question about GSI ROMs here but i need it. How i need to install GSI CaOS (v313 or maybe earlier) through OrangeFox Recovery? I tried all ways (with format data before/after flashing, all included wipes) but after installing it stuck on Samsung/Android logo? What i did wrong?

I`ve got same steps:
1) Install last stock A11 Rom through Odin
2) Then reboots manually (without 'AutoReboot' in Odin) to stock recovery and Power Off device
3) Then reboot in Download Mode and install OrangeFox Recovery
4) Then install Multidisabler and wipe data
5) after that i reboot in system and it works and i can go into stock ROM

But when i try to install some GSI (LiR or CaOS) it ended failure and after reboot i get a text in OrangeFox "System Image not installed" or somethinglike that. I tried installi bgZ.img versions of GSI ROMs and that didn`t work for me.

rw_on_xda

Jun 24, 2013
Berlin
@virgamaley

you need CaOS with "a64" in it's name (I flashed a64-bgZ) !

Last edited:

topbilal

Oct 30, 2021
I flashed the rom, iam having problems when using the Sd card as shared storage. The software is freezing repeatedly. Any suggestions?

vanzan

Sep 3, 2012
I installed the Samsung Wearable app but upon starting it I get a "the operating system on your phone has been modified in an unauthorised way and is not compatible with the Samsung Gear app" message. Would anyone know a solution please?

rw_on_xda

Jun 24, 2013
Berlin
Trying to install ROM and keep getting a FAIL message in Odin
- bootloader unlocked ?

- Odin v3.14.4 tried ?
btw, the needed Odin-Version depends on Android-Version of stock.
moons ago I wrote a notice in my howto's: "Stock FW 5BUC4 with Odin v3.14.4 only"
I guess I wrote that cause of error with other Odins...
- don't know; I'm old..., little "RAM"...- ;)

please report if you successful flashed with Odin 3.14.4
and then persuade @Magendanz to note that on the first page (exclamation mark)

Last edited:

Broman400

- bootloader unlocked ?

- Odin v3.14.4 tried ?
btw, the needed Odin-Version depends on Android-Version of stock.
moons ago I wrote a notice in my howto's: "Stock FW 5BUC4 with Odin v3.14.4 only"
I guess I wrote that cause of error with other Odins...
- don't know; I'm old..., little "RAM"...- ;)

please report if you successful flashed with Odin 3.14.4
and then persuade @Magendanz to note that on the first page (exclamation mark)
All good now, it was an issue with my computer not transferring the ROM to my tablet. Used another laptop and all went smoothly. On another note, is there anyway to get a sound enhancement similar to one that’s on the stock firmware

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just posted a new release. Note that I'll be following up with another update for T510XXU5CUJ1 (October 2021 Update) as soon as Samsung posts the kernel source.

Downloads:
    Change Log:
    20211120:

• System partition based on CAOS 11.0 v313+ (October 2021 Security Update)
    • Latest Google apps from OpenGApps (20211120) w/ rollback for GoogleTTS
    New release posted...

Downloads:
    Change Log:
    20211125:

• Vendor partition and custom kernel based on T510XXU5CUJ1 OEM firmware (October 2021 Update)
    • Update to TWRP v3.6.0 custom recovery on AOSP 11
    • Latest Google apps from OpenGApps (20211125) w/ rollback for GoogleTTS
    Flashed the zip in twrp (was on your last release, no wiping or factory reset of any kind, other than what's in your script), flashed the Magisk 23.0 apk, I'm back up and running on A11 now with root and Magisk working perfectly, even Magisk Hide, but safetynet still fails, buti don't really care...

All apps still installed and Google acct, no setup, completely stress free upgrade.

Thank again bro!
    BTW, I got notification yesterday that Samsung has posted the kernel source for T510XXU5CUJ1, but the website has been down all day.
    Hi. When will you build Android 12?
    qPD09.png

Well, we're finally getting some relatively stable builds of AOSP GSIs and OpenGApps for Android 11.0, so here's my first effort at migrating the Nexus Stock custom ROM for the 2019 Galaxy Tab A 10.0 [SM-T510] to the latest Android OS release. It's very much a work in progress, but it should hopefully help blaze the trail for even better work.

Notes:
    • The current process may require you to reset to factory defaults to remove file-based encryption. Remember to backup your data!
    • Custom kernels are specific to OEM releases, and this one is based on the June 2021 Update (T510XXU5CUJ1) for the SM-T510. Note that the bootloader in this release has roll-back prevention.
    • The system is based on eremitein's CAOS GSI project with the latest Stock variant from OpenGApps.
    • Boot logo and default wallpaper is from my Nexus series of custom ROMs for Android TV, and I'm using the Pixel boot animation with black background.
    • Stock recovery will be replaced with my latest TWRP build for the SM-T510.
    • I've dialed back most of scary bootloader warnings and Knox Security branding from the boot sequence.
    • The properties now correctly identify the device as a tablet, and so the Google Dialer is no longer installed. I've also disabled the Emergency button, but SetupWizard still insists on reminding you to insert a SIM (sigh!).
    • This is unofficial and unsupported, so the usual caveats apply. Since we don't flash the bootloader, you should be able recover from any problems...but nothing is guaranteed.

Not working:
    • Support for file-based encryption
    • Cold charging (low power mode) animates to about 39% and then reboots.
    Downloads:
    Build archives:

Change Log:
    20211125:

• Vendor partition and custom kernel based on T510XXU5CUJ1 OEM firmware (October 2021 Update)
    • Update to TWRP v3.6.0 custom recovery on AOSP 11
    • Latest Google apps from OpenGApps (20211125) w/ rollback for GoogleTTS
    20211120:
    20210825:
    • Vendor partition and custom kernel based on T510XXU5CUF4 OEM firmware (June 2021 Update)
    • System partition based on CAOS 11.0 v312 (August 2021 Security Update)
    • Update to TWRP v3.5.2 custom recovery
    • Latest Google apps from OpenGApps (20210825-TEST)
    20210318:
    • Fixed custom Pixel Launcher so that icon positions are saved.
    • Fixed clipped pixels on edge of launcher search bar.
    • Defaults icon layout to 7 columns for main, hotseat and app drawer, just like it used to be for the Nexus 10. (For 6 column layout bump display scaling to Large.)
    20210314:
    • Vendor partition and custom kernel based on T510XXU4BUA1 OEM firmware (January 2021 Update)
    • System partition based on CAOS 11.0 v302 (March 2021 Security Update)
    • Update to TWRP v3.5.1 custom recovery
    • Latest Google apps from OpenGApps (20210130-TEST)
    20210216:
    • Initial build based on T510XXU3BTK1 kernel (November 2020 Update) and CAOS 11.0 v300m.

Instructions:
    From OEM stock firmware:

• Unlock bootloader
    • Ensure matching OEM build (e.g. T510XXU3BTK1) is installed
    • Hold Vol Up & Vol Down buttons during restart to enter Download mode
    • Install custom ROM tarball (.tar.md5 file) to AP with Odin
    • When TWRP launches, factory reset with Wipe->Format Data. (Not necessary for incremental upgrades.)
    • Reboot to system
    From existing TWRP install (for incremental updates):
    • Hold Power & Vol Up during restart to enter TWRP recovery
    • Tap Install, select your update (.zip file), and then swipe to install
    • Reboot to system

Source:

Donations:
    • Your support is always appreciated! Just click here.
    • I'm leveraging a ton of work done by @phhusson for Treble GSIs and @eremitein for CAOS, so please show them some love!
    I just posted a new release. Note that I'll be following up with another update for T510XXU5CUJ1 (October 2021 Update) as soon as Samsung posts the kernel source.

Downloads:
    Change Log:
    20211120:

New build just posted...

Downloads:
    Build archives:
    Change Log:
    20210318:

• Fixed custom Pixel Launcher so that icon positions are saved.
    • Fixed clipped pixels on edge of launcher search bar.
    • Defaults icon layout to 7 columns for main, hotseat and app drawer, just like it used to be for the Nexus 10. (For 6 column layout bump display scaling to Large.)
    New build is posted. Note that this is the first build with the new Android 11 OEM kernel, and so you should expect some issues. In particular, I've noticed that MTP with Android Debugging enabled can cause reboots. There's also the issue with the reboot during the cold charging animation (but it no longer hangs). I'm also creating my own stock variant for OpenGApps, which still hasn't updated the TEST release from January.

Also, note that the new OEM bootloader for Android 11 has rollback prevention, so there's no going back to Android 10 releases.

Downloads:
    Change Log:
    20210825:

• Vendor partition and custom kernel based on T510XXU5CUF4 OEM firmware (June 2021 Update)
    • System partition based on CAOS 11.0 v312 (August 2021 Security Update)
    • Update to TWRP v3.5.2 custom recovery
    • Latest Google apps from OpenGApps (20210825-TEST)
    New release posted...

Downloads:
    Build archives:

Change Log:
    20210314:

• Vendor partition and custom kernel based on T510XXU4BUA1 OEM firmware (January 2021 Update)
    • System partition based on CAOS 11.0 v302 (March 2021 Security Update)
    • Update to TWRP v3.5.1 custom recovery