[ROM][11.0][UNOFFICIAL] Nexus Stock for 2019 Galaxy Tab A 10.1 [SM-T510]

Search This thread

karlmei

May 11, 2013
Sorry to bother you all again but Magisk 24.3 shows no RAM disk whatever methode I tried everything which is described in this thread. I would like to install Magisk because PayPal does not work on my SM-T510 and my app from health plan does not start and says SKD missing (whatever this means?). Is it possible to get a step by step description which worked with this rom?
Thanks and kind regards, Karl

Last edited:
Sorry to bother you all again but Magisk 24.3 shows no RAM disk whatever methode I tried everything which is described in this thread. I would like to install Magisk because PayPal does not work on my SM-T510 and my app from health plan does not start and says SKD missing (whatever this means?). Is it possible to get a step by step description which worked with this rom?
Thanks and kind regards, Karl
Install the boot.img with Magisk V24.3 from this post: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...laxy-tab-a-10-1-sm-t510.4234889/post-86559789

Reactions: BatZzn

AfiqAffandi

May 18, 2022

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220518-132923_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20220518-132923_Settings.png
    77.4 KB · Views: 69

BatZzn

Nov 20, 2011
Does anyone know how to improve gaming smoothness with this ROM? The performance is a little bit lower than stock ROM. Any kernel tweaks or something?

Beside of that, great ROM dev! 😁

Edit: what's the extended brightness setting in Samsung features? (Phh treble settings)

Edit: The battery app consumption isn't working in settings / battery and there is no WideVine L1 support. :/

Last edited:

BatZzn

Nov 20, 2011
Do you have any preferred config for Viper you can share? I’ve tried adjusting it but the sound still sounds too tiny
I noticed that we need to set the legacy and the compatibility mode on, to get Viper4AndroidFX to work. I don't use a specific config, I just activated the top two settings. The "master switch" to on and the loudness option.

I noticed that we need to set the legacy and the compatibility mode on, to get Viper4AndroidFX to work. I don't use a specific config, I just activated the top two settings. The "master switch" to on and the loudness option.
Can Confirm, Legacy is the only working option and it improves the overall loudness of the device.
However for streaming/Viewing Videos i use MXPLAYER in the HW+ Mode for the extra bit of Volume!

SleepyPanchoo

Sep 19, 2012
Hey OP I tried to download but the link doesn't exist. BTW I downloaded your LineageOS for my tablet and it works amazing. Bought that slow tablet back to life. Thank you!

Also, is this rom lighter than the LineageOS? I run Waze and nexar dash app on the tablet for my car but that 2gig ram is super limiting, need to free up as much ram as possible.

*edit*

Didn't realize that build achieve button, got the latest version. Thanks!

Last edited:

AlbinoAsian

Nov 2, 2010
Thailand
Hi all.

Is there a reason why I wouldn't be able to get past Google "G" logo with a progress bar underneath.
I don't get boot to the set-up stage

TheLach03

Aug 24, 2011
Melbourne
Hey all, have done this stuff for years without issue, but completely stumped on this one!

Have been using the November build without issue since it came out. Spur of the moment decide to update to latest. Downloaded image on device, held power button, clicked recovery.

The device is now in constant reboot loop on the bootloader unlock screen. No button combinations break the cycle. Ran battery until device won't turn on, but when I plug in power just restarts the cycle. Also tried plugging into PC with vol up+down, still nothing.

Would greatly appreciate an assist, thanks!!

rw_on_xda

Jun 24, 2013
Berlin

BatZzn

Nov 20, 2011
@Magendanz could you give us the information which value we need to increase in mixer_paths.xml to increase the volume of speakers and headset? It seems that the name differs from typical naming. I tried to find something using Google, but the common path names are not there.

Thank you!

Magendanz

Mar 25, 2008
Issaquah, WA
www.Vote4Chad.com
Hello, I know that android 12L does not support 32 bits, but is there an unofficial way? are you working on any gsi a12L for this tablet? Thank you very much
Actually, there are GSIs for Android 12L available on ARM32 with 64-bit binder. Check out Andy Yan's LineageOS builds here. I think the a64_bgS-vndklite variant is the one you're looking for.

However, Google app packages like NikGApps don't come in 32-bit flavors, and OpenGApps isn't really being maintained at this point. The phhusson AOSP GSI gapps variant and Andy's bgS variant do come with the Google Play Store, though.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    qPD09.png

Well, we're finally getting some relatively stable builds of AOSP GSIs and OpenGApps for Android 11.0, so here's my first effort at migrating the Nexus Stock custom ROM for the 2019 Galaxy Tab A 10.0 [SM-T510] to the latest Android OS release. It's very much a work in progress, but it should hopefully help blaze the trail for even better work.

Notes:
    • The current process may require you to reset to factory defaults to remove file-based encryption. Remember to backup your data!
    • Custom kernels are specific to OEM releases, and are generally based on the latest update for the SM-T510. Note that the bootloader in this release has roll-back prevention.
    • The system is based on eremitein's CAOS GSI project with the latest Stock variant from OpenGApps.
    • Boot logo and default wallpaper is from my Nexus series of custom ROMs for Android TV, and I'm using the Pixel boot animation with black background.
    • Stock recovery will be replaced with my latest TWRP build for the SM-T510.
    • I've dialed back most of scary bootloader warnings and Knox Security branding from the boot sequence.
    • The properties now correctly identify the device as a tablet, and so the Google Dialer is no longer installed. I've also disabled the Emergency button, but SetupWizard still insists on reminding you to insert a SIM (sigh!).
    • This is unofficial and unsupported, so the usual caveats apply. Since we don't flash the bootloader, you should be able recover from any problems...but nothing is guaranteed.

Not working:
    • Support for file-based encryption
    • Cold charging (low power mode) animates to about 39% and then reboots.
    Downloads:
    Build archives:

Change Log:
    20220219:

• Vendor partition and custom kernel based on T510XXU5CUL1 OEM firmware (December 2021 Update)
    • System partition based on CAOS 11.0 v315 (January 2022 Security Update)
    • Latest Google apps from OpenGApps (20220215) w/ rollback for GoogleTTS
    20211125:
    • Vendor partition and custom kernel based on T510XXU5CUJ1 OEM firmware (October 2021 Update)
    • Update to TWRP v3.6.0 custom recovery on AOSP 11
    • Latest Google apps from OpenGApps (20211125) w/ rollback for GoogleTTS
    20211120:
    20210825:
    • Vendor partition and custom kernel based on T510XXU5CUF4 OEM firmware (June 2021 Update)
    • System partition based on CAOS 11.0 v312 (August 2021 Security Update)
    • Update to TWRP v3.5.2 custom recovery
    • Latest Google apps from OpenGApps (20210825-TEST)
    20210318:
    • Fixed custom Pixel Launcher so that icon positions are saved.
    • Fixed clipped pixels on edge of launcher search bar.
    • Defaults icon layout to 7 columns for main, hotseat and app drawer, just like it used to be for the Nexus 10. (For 6 column layout bump display scaling to Large.)
    20210314:
    • Vendor partition and custom kernel based on T510XXU4BUA1 OEM firmware (January 2021 Update)
    • System partition based on CAOS 11.0 v302 (March 2021 Security Update)
    • Update to TWRP v3.5.1 custom recovery
    • Latest Google apps from OpenGApps (20210130-TEST)
    20210216:
    • Initial build based on T510XXU3BTK1 kernel (November 2020 Update) and CAOS 11.0 v300m.
    • Latest Google apps from OpenGApps (20210130-TEST)

Instructions:
    From OEM stock firmware:

• Unlock bootloader
    • Ensure matching OEM build (e.g. T510XXU3BTK1) is installed
    • Hold Vol Up & Vol Down buttons during restart to enter Download mode
    • Install custom ROM tarball (.tar.md5 file) to AP with Odin
    • When TWRP launches, factory reset with Wipe->Format Data. (Not necessary for incremental upgrades.)
    • Reboot to system
    From existing TWRP install (for incremental updates):
    • Hold Power & Vol Up during restart to enter TWRP recovery
    • Tap Install, select your update (.zip file), and then swipe to install
    • Reboot to system

Source:

Donations:
    • Your support is always appreciated! Just click here.
    • I'm leveraging a ton of work done by @phhusson for Treble GSIs and @eremitein for CAOS, so please show them some love!
    I just posted a new release. Note that I'll be following up with another update for T510XXU5CUJ1 (October 2021 Update) as soon as Samsung posts the kernel source.

Downloads:
    Change Log:
    20211120:

• System partition based on CAOS 11.0 v313+ (October 2021 Security Update)
    • Latest Google apps from OpenGApps (20211120) w/ rollback for GoogleTTS
    New build just posted...

Downloads:
    Change Log:
    20220219:

• Vendor partition and custom kernel based on T510XXU5CUL1 OEM firmware (December 2021 Update)
    • System partition based on CAOS 11.0 v315 (January 2022 Security Update)
    • Latest Google apps from OpenGApps (20220215) w/ rollback for GoogleTTS
    New build just posted...

Downloads:
    Build archives:
    Change Log:
    20210318:

• Fixed custom Pixel Launcher so that icon positions are saved.
    • Fixed clipped pixels on edge of launcher search bar.
    • Defaults icon layout to 7 columns for main, hotseat and app drawer, just like it used to be for the Nexus 10. (For 6 column layout bump display scaling to Large.)
    New build is posted. Note that this is the first build with the new Android 11 OEM kernel, and so you should expect some issues. In particular, I've noticed that MTP with Android Debugging enabled can cause reboots. There's also the issue with the reboot during the cold charging animation (but it no longer hangs). I'm also creating my own stock variant for OpenGApps, which still hasn't updated the TEST release from January.

Also, note that the new OEM bootloader for Android 11 has rollback prevention, so there's no going back to Android 10 releases.

Downloads:
    Change Log:
    20210825:

• Vendor partition and custom kernel based on T510XXU5CUF4 OEM firmware (June 2021 Update)
    • System partition based on CAOS 11.0 v312 (August 2021 Security Update)
    • Update to TWRP v3.5.2 custom recovery
    • Latest Google apps from OpenGApps (20210825-TEST)