[ROM][11.0][UNOFFICIAL][OnePlus 8 PRO][11.0.0_r48] DotOS-V5.2 | [07/10/2021]

Search This thread

nimenhao

Apr 24, 2021
OnePlus 8T
Just flashed the newest build and found an issue regarding the file manager.
It started with not being able to restore my signal backup, now it seems like anytime ann app opens the file manager (for example uploading a file to Onedrive and sending a document via whatsapp)
Included is a video showing the issue happening: https://photos.app.goo.gl/LE16fNKjuZ2vEk5b6
This also has something to do with the official website, because I didn't update anything from dotos 5.12, but there are some bugs in dotos 5.2. Wait a few days to see if the official website is updated

Or you can re brush the latest OS version of the base package and double clean it

Reactions: ps000000

nimenhao

Apr 24, 2021
OnePlus 8T
It started with not being able to restore my signal backup, now it seems like anytime ann app opens the file manager (for example uploading a file to Onedrive and sending a document via whatsapp)
Included is a video showing the issue happening: https://photos.app.goo.gl/LE16fNKjuZ2vEk5b6
Only update the file management to solve this problem, the new version of the file management solves this problem, because the official website did not update the app, you have to delete this to update the file management

nimenhao

Apr 24, 2021
OnePlus 8T
Only one of the file management can be disabled
Can be solved

There is no Google version without this problem, maybe this Google version file management conflict

Reactions: ps000000

TheExoduser

Jan 4, 2017
Stuttgart
Hey.

After clean flash. I reboot and then I have a Black screen and nothing happens. Someone knows what the problem is. There are no problems with 5.1.2. Only for 5.2 (20.9.21)
Same problem here. Can't install the newest 5.2 version. Quick start interface after installation is buggy as well, keeps flickering and stuff making it really hard to click on buttons. But when I manage to finish the quick start I only get a black screen.

Reactions: serial1005

TheExoduser

Jan 4, 2017
Stuttgart
That's weird, absolutely no issues here. Did a clean flash though.
Did a clean flash as well using the ROMInstaller.bat and a full wipe afterwards. But I can't get the new version to work. Even if I first install 5.1.2 and update that to 5.2 it doesn't work and I only get a black screen after bootup. However the phone seems to be booting up correctly as I keep get notification sounds.

No idea what the issue is here and if I'm doing something wrong.

Reactions: serial1005
Did a clean flash as well using the ROMInstaller.bat and a full wipe afterwards. But I can't get the new version to work. Even if I first install 5.1.2 and update that to 5.2 it doesn't work and I only get a black screen after bootup. However the phone seems to be booting up correctly as I keep get notification sounds.
Not sure if this will help but maybe try a clean flash with adb sideload using the dotos recovery instead of running the rominstaller.bat. That's what I did.

Also, I flashed 5.2 directly coming from evox skipped the 5.12 update.

TheExoduser

Jan 4, 2017
Stuttgart
Not sure if this will help but maybe try a clean flash with adb sideload using the dotos recovery instead of running the rominstaller.bat. That's what I did.

Also, I flashed 5.2 directly coming from evox skipped the 5.12 update.
Unfortunately that doesn't work as well. I'm running into the same problem. I'm booting into the quick start assistant, and halfway through (when I'm getting to the part where I have to configure the display lock), SystemUI always crashes which in turn starts the incredible flickering of the quick start assistant. Also as soon as that starts, I'm starting to get the described black screens.

But I think I've figured out the issue. The issue does not appear if I use english for the quick start installation. But when I use my default language (german) I run into the above mentioned issues.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    View attachment 5409401

dot5-2-wide.png

photo_2021-09-14_14-51-00.jpg

photo_2021-09-14_00-58-51.jpg

Security patch:

June Security Patch

Thanks to the following open source projects:

Thanks@doc @luk1337 @smore-lore @Rituj Beniwal @darkobas@Alexandru Scurtu@ZVNexus@gotenksIN
    @cjh124913135676

Open source @Havoc-os-8p

dotOS:

PixelExperience:

AICP:

arrow:

aospa:

havoc-os:

PixelExperience:

Resurrection Remix OS:

omni:

crdroidandroid:

Nitrogen Project:

LineageOS:

Back up data before flashing

1. Reboot to Fastbootd

2. Download the proper ZIP

3. Wipe Data/Cache/System when coming from non-AOSP ROMs

4. Flash the ROM

5. Reboot to System and Update / Dirty Flash

1. Reboot to Fastbootd

2. Download the proper ZIP

3. Flash the ROM

4. Reboot to System

Factory Reset/wipe if needed [You probably need to] -------> Go back reboot system

Android OS version: 11

Source code: Dotos

Build author/Device Maintainer:nimenhao

Kernel Source code:lineage/kernel

Compile time:2021-10-07

No SIM card displayed, please restart your phone

DOTOS 5.2 Official website announcement

The builds for the new release of Dotos 5.2 has been put on pause for the time being until the bugs are fixed. Until then please Refrain from asking where it is or why it was paused. You WILL be muted and removed if you carry on asking.

The whole team has their personal life to live and are doing all this for free. The most respectful thing to do right now is wait for the best release in history.

MEGA-download link:DOWNLOAD

google-drive DOWNLOAD (If there is a switch theme card or other card, just close the blur window)

Brush tool:DOWNLOAD

dotos-kernel-boot.img: DOWNLOAD

[TWRP][3.5.2-11][instantnoodle]TWRP for OnePlus 8/8Pro ][WIP] :

Copy "payload.bin" to "payload input", then double-click to open "payload_dumper.exe" and run and wait for the package to be automatically unpacked. Copy or move "payload_output" to the "fastboot_installer" folder, and then double-click "ROMinstaller. bat" run to connect to the mobile phone ( Wipe Data/Cache/System when coming from non-AOSP ROMs | Pay attention to double clear data,Then go back and restart(reboot system) the phone

View attachment 5304205View attachment 5323567
    Screenshot_20210915-224323605.jpgScreenshot_20210915-224630_dotOS_Launcher.pngScreenshot_20210915-224328_Customizations.png
    Screenshot_20210529-150135.png
    I also use the German language. Does the rom work if you set the setting in English and leave it set?
    This problem has to go to dotos feedback https://t.me/dotos

DOTOS 5.2 Official website announcement

The builds for the new release of Dotos 5.2 has been put on pause for the time being until the bugs are fixed. Until then please Refrain from asking where it is or why it was paused. You WILL be muted and removed if you carry on asking.

The whole team has their personal life to live and are doing all this for free. The most respectful thing to do right now is wait for the best release in history.

There will be dotos 5.2 without gapps.
    Wait for the big update of the official website to update you without gapps, because dotos5.2 still has some problems
    FP is very fast and responsive on 24/06/21 build..thanks dev for amazing work
    Well do I need to isntall gapps like microg or nikgapps or something like that as I just booted to the ROM and there is no gapps present also there is no info in this thread as one have to install gapps or not ?
    Download and install the variant specifically labeled with "GApps" 😂