Development [ROM][11.0][UNOFFICIAL][STABLE][ALIOTH] PIXEL EXPERIENCE PLUS [OSS] [2021-05-06]

Search This thread

navey

• Nov 29, 2012
    OnePlus 6T
    Xiaomi Poco F3
    Google pay not working. Says I'm rooted even though I am not. In addition, yesterday was the first time I took the phone on a semi long road trip. I ran Pandora and Waze for about an hour and had constant random reboots. I eventually was okay with running Google maps and my on device music so I don't know what the issue was there but just wanted to bring this to your attention

Iceman66

• Aug 7, 2013
    I tried to flash this ROM today, but i get an error in the middle of the script:
    fastboot flash system_ext_a images/system_ext.img
    Resizing "system_ext_a" FAILED (remote: "not enough space to resize partition")

System gets into bootloop to recovery

Attachments

• IMG_20210509_212042.jpg
      IMG_20210509_212042.jpg
      5.7 MB · Views: 163
    Reactions: Deathcore

Barracuda77777

Jul 29, 2011
    Sydney
    Xiaomi Mi 6
    Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
    Thanks for the work on the rom, my device will be unlockable tomorrow, I am trying to build the rom as is using your sources, I am getting this error, any ideas?
    once successful my goal is to build it with no gaps with MicroG, as I will never use a phone with google services, I am coming from a Mi6 that I used with MicroG for the last 3 years.
    Cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2021-05-10 13-51-47.png
      Screenshot from 2021-05-10 13-51-47.png
      31.2 KB · Views: 182

Deathcore

Oct 9, 2009
    I tried to flash this ROM today, but i get an error in the middle of the script:
    fastboot flash system_ext_a images/system_ext.img
    Resizing "system_ext_a" FAILED (remote: "not enough space to resize partition")

System gets into bootloop to recovery
    I've got the exact same issue trying to load crDroid. Let me know if you find a solution.

EDIT -
    Got mine working in the end, I was having no luck even loading my Original MIUI Backup I did with TWRP.
    I ended up attempting to use the XiaoMiTool too reflash back to standard, this also failed when flashing super with a "Flash All Failure" however after this I rebooted into Fastboot and was able to flash crDroid without fault.

Not sure what caused it but most of what I tried gave errors with accessing partitions.

Last edited:

Iceman66

• Aug 7, 2013
    I've got the exact same issue trying to load crDroid. Let me know if you find a solution.

EDIT -
    Got mine working in the end, I was having no luck even loading my Original MIUI Backup I did with TWRP.
    I ended up attempting to use the XiaoMiTool too reflash back to standard, this also failed when flashing super with a "Flash All Failure" however after this I rebooted into Fastboot and was able to flash crDroid without fault.

Not sure what caused it but most of what I tried gave errors with accessing partitions.
    I think the TWRP-recovery was the cause of the issue. I flashed stock MIUI and tried it again, this time everything is fine.

TheBURAQ

May 2, 2021
    The only thing that keeps me away from buying this device is its camera performance on MIUI (As per the reviews). So, is it any better in this custom ROM?? Some samples with comparison will be very much appreciated.
    this mobile is more focused on performance based.. u r getting sd 870 with 6gb/8gb ram. and for camera. its equal to more or less to oneplus8t.

navey

• Nov 29, 2012
    OnePlus 6T
    Xiaomi Poco F3
    Experiencing slowdowns every now and then while playing genshin as well as random reboots when playing Pandora in the car (maybe has to do with network change?) but other than that and Google pay not working I havent encountered any major bugs.

droiduser

Jul 15, 2009
    Well I ran the install/format and it pretty much screwed the F3, had a partition resize error for product_a partition
    Had to run miflash to get the phone normal again, it did have twrp and miui 12.0.8 latest global but nothing else changed on it
    Should i try another run, its been relfashed with global miui 12.0.3

Seeing as this is an unofficial version, once its official will it be updatable without wiping data or should we just wait for one that can be updated to newer versions

:Well no one replied so took the plunge and tried the install again over the freshly installed 12.0.3 global, worked fine this time with no partition resizing problems at all.
    When it booted to pixel setup, i skipped the sim card, and connected to wifi, connected fine but then got stuck on the next screen of setting up the phone, nothing happened for 30 mins. Did a factory reset again and this time skipped sim and also skipped wifi, it then got to the usual home screen fine, after that connected to wifi and all was normal and proceeded to setup things.
    So far so good

Last edited:

Ryle333

Dec 15, 2013
    My BL will be unlockable tomorrow. So excited to try this. So I'm currently running 12.0.3 global (all stock, don't even have twrp yet) and from what I got here, it's better to not install twrp before flashing?

Also, if I need to go back to stack, miflash should work, right?

Thanks guys!

bursuk2007

Oct 24, 2016
    Great job ! I enjoy this rom, it's working good on my device. Besides dt2w and a slowdown glitch for a few seconds, bluetooth in my car is wonky. If i get a call, music will stop playing on BT.

Also , do you plan on updating this?

Jovan17

May 25, 2021

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for POCO F3 / MI 11X / K40

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Dt2w
    Ok Google
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED

Download from Drive: Click Here

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Device Specified Telegram Group
    Our blog

NOTES:
    Recommended Firmwares: 12.0.2, 12.0.4 e 12.0.5. It can be installed from any version of this MIUI
    Backup your persist partition before flashing OSS ROM
    Pre-requisites:
    Unlocked Bootloader : https://en.miui.com/unlock/
    Pc Windows/Linux/Mac

Flash method:
    1. Unzip the PE Zip
    2. Hold Power and Volume down to reboot
    into bootloader mode
    3. Execute Install&Format.bat if you use
    Windows, . Install\&Format.sh if you use
    OS Linux Kernel Based or lunch by
    terminal . Mac\&Install\&Format.sh if you
    use Mac OS
    4. Wait for the installation to finish, you
    won't have to do anything more, it will
    restart.

Install Updates:
    1. Restart into bootloader mode
    2. Execute Update.bat if you use Windows, Update.sh if you use OS linux kernel based or
    Mac\&Update.sh if you use MacOS

Android OS version: 11.0.
    Security patch level: May 2021
    Build author/Device Maintainer: soumyo19
    Device Source code: https://github.com/soumyo19/device_xiaomi_alioth, https://github.com/soumyo19/device_xiaomi_sm8250
    Kernel Source code: https://github.com/AliothDevelopment/kernel_xiaomi_alioth
    Source code: https://github.com/PixelExperience
    ROM Developer: jhenrique09

Thanks list:
    @manuelbianco for the OSS device tree, vendor and odm​
    Hi mister. Thank you very much for this ROM. I used Android One on my Xiaomi Mi A3 and then I bought Poco F3 and installed this ROM. It is very refreshing experience with no bloatware and I really like it, but I have some issues so I wonder if you can fix it with some update. My biggest issues are about screen locking and unlocking.
    1. I can't use my fingerprint sensor because there is no option to set fingerprint to unlock your phone only when you press the power/fingerprint button. Whenever I hold my phone and I don't want to unlock it, it will unlock because I hold my finger on fingerprint/power button, so because of that I can't use my fingerprint button to unlock phone. I'm forced to use face unlock which is kinda slow and unsecure.
    2. I can't set my phone to wake up when I double tap on turned off screen. And I can't set it up to lock the phone when I double tap on home screen. I can only lock the phone when I pull down the notification bar and then double tap on the screen.
    3. Battery percentage is shown as very small number and it's very difficult to see. Sometimes even impossible. And there is no always-on screen but it doesn't bother me too much.
    PLEASE tell me if you can fix these issues with an update in the future.
    And big thank you from Serbia.

Fahmid Islam Soumya

• Aug 18, 2017
    Dhaka
    m.youtube.com
    Hi mister. Thank you very much for this ROM. I used Android One on my Xiaomi Mi A3 and then I bought Poco F3 and installed this ROM. It is very refreshing experience with no bloatware and I really like it, but I have some issues so I wonder if you can fix it with some update. My biggest issues are about screen locking and unlocking.
    1. I can't use my fingerprint sensor because there is no option to set fingerprint to unlock your phone only when you press the power/fingerprint button. Whenever I hold my phone and I don't want to unlock it, it will unlock because I hold my finger on fingerprint/power button, so because of that I can't use my fingerprint button to unlock phone. I'm forced to use face unlock which is kinda slow and unsecure.
    2. I can't set my phone to wake up when I double tap on turned off screen. And I can't set it up to lock the phone when I double tap on home screen. I can only lock the phone when I pull down the notification bar and then double tap on the screen.
    3. Battery percentage is shown as very small number and it's very difficult to see. Sometimes even impossible. And there is no always-on screen but it doesn't bother me too much.
    PLEASE tell me if you can fix these issues with an update in the future.
    And big thank you from Serbia.
    Thanks for your report boss. i will fix those things asap. Can you please join my Telegram group to discuss about those stuff in real time ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      When will it be "official" ?
      Hey please replace default camera with gcam. Lineage OS snap are slow and bad quality.
      I'm waiting for this one to be official to install it ! For the camera either use gcam or the miui camera app itself if possible like the other build on other xiaomi phones ! Thanks for all your hard work
      Where did you find LOS for the Poco F3? I was looking for an hour or so but didn't find it at all.
      LOS is in the official telegram channel.
      Is it tho? Because nobody seems to know anything about the Poco F3.
      Poco F3/Redmi K40/Mi 11x all have the same lineage OS. Check this channel in telegram to download and flash Lineage OS for POCO F3 - Poco F3/Mi 11X/K40 Updates™

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for POCO F3 / MI 11X / K40

What is this?
      PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
      Wi-Fi
      RIL
      Mobile data
      GPS
      Camera
      Flashlight
      Camcorder
      Bluetooth
      FM radio
      Fingerprint reader
      Face unlock
      NFC
      Lights
      Sound/vibration

Known issues
      Dt2w
      Ok Google
      You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED

Download from Drive: Click Here

Stay tuned
      Our Telegram channel
      Device Specified Telegram Group
      Our blog

NOTES:
      Recommended Firmwares: 12.0.2, 12.0.4 e 12.0.5. It can be installed from any version of this MIUI
      Backup your persist partition before flashing OSS ROM
      Pre-requisites:
      Unlocked Bootloader : https://en.miui.com/unlock/
      Pc Windows/Linux/Mac

Flash method:
      1. Unzip the PE Zip
      2. Hold Power and Volume down to reboot
      into bootloader mode
      3. Execute Install&Format.bat if you use
      Windows, . Install\&Format.sh if you use
      OS Linux Kernel Based or lunch by
      terminal . Mac\&Install\&Format.sh if you
      use Mac OS
      4. Wait for the installation to finish, you
      won't have to do anything more, it will
      restart.

Install Updates:
      1. Restart into bootloader mode
      2. Execute Update.bat if you use Windows, Update.sh if you use OS linux kernel based or
      Mac\&Update.sh if you use MacOS

Android OS version: 11.0.
      Security patch level: May 2021
      Build author/Device Maintainer: soumyo19
      Device Source code: https://github.com/soumyo19/device_xiaomi_alioth, https://github.com/soumyo19/device_xiaomi_sm8250
      Kernel Source code: https://github.com/AliothDevelopment/kernel_xiaomi_alioth
      Source code: https://github.com/PixelExperience
      ROM Developer: jhenrique09

Thanks list:
      @manuelbianco for the OSS device tree, vendor and odm​
      When will it be "official" ?
      Thanks for sharing this ROM. I just tried to install it after unlocking the bootloader and everything seemed to work ok on my windows laptop but now my F3 always returns to pixel experience recovery mode and tells me

E: emulated failed to bind mount /mnt/staging/emulated/media/0 to /storage/emulated: No such file or directory
      E: emulated failed to bind mount /mnt/staging/emulated/media on /storage/emulated: No such file or directory

I am using the script on a Windows 10 laptop with the stock Poco charging cable.

While flashing I see the following message in the script window
      Resizing 'product_a' FAILED (remote: 'Not enough space to resize partition')
      fastboot: error: Command failed

edit: I installed LOS through fastboot and it works fine. I also tried using the script on my linux machine but it gave me the same exact error. I also re-downloaded the ROM to make sure that it wasn´t a corrupted download.
      I also faced same issue with MIUI global 12.0.5 global. And it's also get my device unable to boot. Finally i got this room working by reflash V12.0.2.0.RKHMIXM (get from these link bellow) then reinstall Pixel Experience
      hehe boi waiting for ur CR 🔥
      Yeah sure ... sooooon as you know...official one :ROFLMAO:
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone