[ABANDONED][ROM] [11.0] [UNOFFICIAL] [STABLE] LineageOS 18.1 for S9 and S9+ (Snapdragon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

UPDATE 29-10-2022: I am sorry to inform you that my Galaxy S9 broke and I no longer have the time to maintain this custom ROM. I have seen a new builder in the forum so now I can peacefully move on. Thank you and have fun!

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
What's not working:
- Hey Google hotword
- Google Maps when on Battery Saver mode

What is working:
- Camera
- Bluetooth
- NFC
- LED
- Mobile data
- WiFi
- SafetyNet
- SELinux Enforcing
- Bixby button
- Fingerprint reader
- Audio
- Screen Mirroring

Not tested:
- VoLTE
- Encryption

Instructions:

• Install TWRP
  • Download the latest build and GAPPS (optional)
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Wipe system, data, and cache
  • Flash the build and gapps
  • Reboot

Downloads:
https://github.com/matebuteler/galaxy845-LOS-releases/releases/

Sources:
Kernel: repo
Device trees: sdm845-common , starqltechn , star2qltechn
Vendor: https://github.com/dotOS-Devices/proprietary_vendor_samsung_sdm845-common/
Credits:
@Nyoutaa for his work on the device trees
@ruizlenato and @klabit87 for the kernel
@klabit87 for his work on the device trees and the vendor blobs
@lunarlynix for some help during development

Last edited:
Screenshots:

Screenshot_20220122-185906_Lawnchair.png Screenshot_20220122-185913_Lawnchair.png Screenshot_20220122-185933_Settings.png Screenshot_20220122-185948_LineageOS_Settings.png

Last edited by a moderator:

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
I have the LOS 17 starqltechn version installed on my SM-G960U1 phone but when I try to install this version, I get an error saying my tablet is a starqlte. It is a U.S. version that I had to pay to have the bootloader unlocked but 17 installed. Can I just modify your ROM to accept the starqlte? Also, should I use the ARM64 or regular gapps.

edit: Went ahead and tried it. Modified first two lines of updater-script for starqltechn to starqlte and it worked. And the ARM64 pico gapps worked. Up and running!!!

Last edited:

xaad880

Jan 24, 2022
Vivo v17pro device system upgrade extra ram increase fucher and android 12 work system upgrade plz

I have the LOS 17 starqltechn version installed on my SM-G960U1 phone but when I try to install this version, I get an error saying my tablet is a starqlte. It is a U.S. version that I had to pay to have the bootloader unlocked but 17 installed. Can I just modify your ROM to accept the starqlte? Also, should I use the ARM64 or regular gapps.

edit: Went ahead and tried it. Modified first two lines of updater-script for starqltechn to starqlte and it worked. And the ARM64 pico gapps worked. Up and running!!!
Really nice that you could fix it yourself! Enjoy your build :D (it should work without issues on a starqlte)

Vivo v17pro device system upgrade extra ram increase fucher and android 12 work system upgrade plz
I didn't quite understand your question, although I'll try to answer it as best as i can:

1) If you're asking for a build for the Vivo V17 Pro, then I'm sorry, that won't be possible as i don't have nor the device or the time to maintain it.

2) I'm sorry, A12 won't be possible yet as LineageOS 19 isn't really mature yet. Although @klabit87 is working on a build for the S9 and S9+. As for the Vivo X17P, if you can't find an unofficial build, i found that your device supports Treble, so you may consider installing one of phhusson's GSIs. I'll link them for you: https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/releases

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
Yeah but that doesn't explain how to root a verizon s9+? i thought this rom is used for a rooted phone, but is that not the case? this rom is for non-rooted phones?
The ROM is for phones with an UNLOCKED bootloader. You can use it as is, unrooted, or you can use Magisk to root it. Unlocked bootloader and root are two different things.

Reactions: wooliesq

ele3131

Feb 26, 2015
2) I'm sorry, A12 won't be possible yet as LineageOS 19 isn't really mature yet. Although @klabit87 is working on a build for the S9 and S9+. As for the Vivo X17P, if you can't find an unofficial build, i found that your device supports Treble, so you may consider installing one of phhusson's GSIs. I'll link them for you: https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/releases

Any chance we get a new kernel for S9 Snapdragon in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

UPDATE 29-10-2022: I am sorry to inform you that my Galaxy S9 broke and I no longer have the time to maintain this custom ROM. I have seen a new builder in the forum so now I can peacefully move on. Thank you and have fun!

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
    What's not working:
    - Hey Google hotword
    - Google Maps when on Battery Saver mode

What is working:
    - Camera
    - Bluetooth
    - NFC
    - LED
    - Mobile data
    - WiFi
    - SafetyNet
    - SELinux Enforcing
    - Bixby button
    - Fingerprint reader
    - Audio
    - Screen Mirroring

Not tested:
    - VoLTE
    - Encryption

Instructions:

• Install TWRP
    • Download the latest build and GAPPS (optional)
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Wipe system, data, and cache
    • Flash the build and gapps
    • Reboot

Downloads:
    https://github.com/matebuteler/galaxy845-LOS-releases/releases/

Sources:
    Kernel: repo
    Device trees: sdm845-common , starqltechn , star2qltechn
    Vendor: https://github.com/dotOS-Devices/proprietary_vendor_samsung_sdm845-common/
    Credits:
    @Nyoutaa for his work on the device trees
    @ruizlenato and @klabit87 for the kernel
    @klabit87 for his work on the device trees and the vendor blobs
    @lunarlynix for some help during development
    Yeah but that doesn't explain how to root a verizon s9+? i thought this rom is used for a rooted phone, but is that not the case? this rom is for non-rooted phones?
    The ROM is for phones with an UNLOCKED bootloader. You can use it as is, unrooted, or you can use Magisk to root it. Unlocked bootloader and root are two different things.
    okay thanks for clarifying.
    Any chance we get a new kernel for S9 Snapdragon in the future?
    Yes, Lynix is working on it.
    Downloads:
    https://firmware.lynix.ca/
    I went ahead and installed this ROM on my starqlte, everything went great after modifying the updater-script file.

The ROM looks great, runs smoothly and battery usage seems fine! All the features I use everyday work perfectly well...except Bluetooth calls again.

I can somewhat hear the person I'm calling, but on their end the noise is loud and really unpleasant.

I''ve given Lynx's kernel a try, similar result. I tried fiddling with the Bluetooth parameters in the Developer Options but that didn't help either.

@mateobuteler is this feature something being worked on by you and Lynix? How hard is it to fix? I read somewhere it had to with audio sampling...could you maybe point me toward a potential solution?

I have a A10 lying around and, as much I like my S9 with this ROM, I'm tempted to turn to that backup phone as Bluetooth calls is an indispensable feature to me.
    yes i am working on it. ETA is March release, as feb release is imminent