[ROM][11.0][UNOFFICIAL] StagOS [Plate2]

Search This thread

Machi007

Aug 4, 2017
Hello!
I'm back and today I'm happy that I can bring you a new version of StagOS for Nokia 6.1, which is based on Android 11. I have this ROM flashed on my phone and it works pretty fine, but please be aware that this is an unofficial custom rom and even if I try my best to bring you a stable rom, however some minor bugs may occur.

IMPORTANT NOTE: You are flashing this rom on your own responsibility! I'm not responsible for bricked devices... :p Please read the flashing instructions carefully.

Stag???
We are the StagOS, we aim at elegance, Material Design being at our core.
To start up Pure AOSP was the best option cause what's more better than android straight from Google.
Next we need those teensy weensy bits of customisations, like the clock could be to the right instead, what's the download speed... and such. So why leave these feelings empty.
With Stag we aim at giving a pure android experience fulfilling those small itches in the mind.
Don't forget, You need to grow your own Horns, Just kidding enjoy.
Sic Parvis Magna

Screenshot_20210414-111333.pngScreenshot_20210414-111356.pngScreenshot_20210414-111447.pngScreenshot_20210414-111452.pngScreenshot_20210414-111502.pngScreenshot_20210414-111511.png

What is working:
Phone calls & messaging
Wi-Fi & Wi-Fi Hotspot
Mobile data
VoLTE and VoWiFi (if your carrier supports it)
Adaptive brightness
Flash Light
Fast charging
Dark theme, night mode
Fingerprint sensor
Face unlock
NFC
FM Radio
Bluetooth
GPS
and more...

Known bugs:
Offline charging works but shows only blank screen
Miracast - Wi-Fi Display - can't connect

ROM installation instructions:
IMPORTANT: It is necessary to resize system and vendor partition on your phone before flashing this rom! This step will perform format of system and vendor partition and even userdata partition so make a backup if you don't want to lose your data!

Please download this nice and user friendly Nokia Repartition Tool brought to you by Raghu Varma and look at this instructional video:
Just use the first option "3.5G S - 1G V" - it is enough for this rom.
NOTE: After resize your phone will be automatically booted to TWRP, but because this tool is intended for Nokia 6.1 Plus, this TWRP will refuse to flash ROM zip on 6.1. In this case just reboot to bootloader and download this TWRP for our Nokia 6.1, boot it and everything will be fine. Now you can begin flashing.

After booting to TWRP:
1) If you just resized your system and vendor partitions using Nokia Repartition Tool then you have already formatted userdata so you can skip this step, otherwise if you want to do a clean flash then please Format Data by typing yes, then go to the Bootloader and reboot TWRP
2) Flash latest ROM zip via TWRP
3) Switch to alternative slot (if you are on slot a switch to b if you are on b switch to a)
4) Reboot system

Now you are done!

NOTES: Gapps are already included, so don't flash them! It is recommended to update your stock ROM to Android 10 before flashing this custom ROM.

SafetyNet on latest StagOS builds passes out of the box, so you won't need root/Magisk anymore. Flash Magisk only in case that you really need to root your device.

October 2021 note: Because probably there will be no more official builds of StagOS for Nokia 6.1, I will post here from time to time my builds again.

StagOS-PL2-11.0.R5.1-UNOFFICIAL-GApps-20211024-0810
- Latest build with October security patch

Sourceforge ROM Download Link

Release Information

ROM Source Code:
https://github.com/StagOS
Kernel Source code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_nokia_sdm660

Big thanks to LineageOS developers and maintainers for Nokia 6.1 device and vendor tree on which this build is based!

ROM OS Version: Android 11
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Stock Android 10

Version Information
Current Version: 11.0.R5.1
Security patch level: 2021-10-01
Latest Build Release Date: 2021-10-24

Last edited:

Machi007

Aug 4, 2017
Now I figured out that StagOS has its official releases for our Nokia 6.1 maintained by vjspranav!

Just
Download Here.

So I won't post any more builds on my part, because it would be useless.

:coffee:🙏(y)

Bảo Dora

Sep 20, 2017
Trà Vinh
I am using this rom for 1 month. It is nearly perfect. But, I have a problem with the camera. I always can't save the photo (via default app or other apps). If I restart my phone, it will work well.
I don't know how to solve it.

Dipesh Patil

Oct 15, 2021
t.me
Hello!
I'm back and today I'm happy that I can bring you a new version of StagOS for Nokia 6.1, which is based on Android 11. I have this ROM flashed on my phone and it works pretty fine, but please be aware that this is an unofficial custom rom and even if I try my best to bring you a stable rom, however some minor bugs may occur.

IMPORTANT NOTE: You are flashing this rom on your own responsibility! I'm not responsible for bricked devices... :p Please read the flashing instructions carefully.

Stag???
To start up Pure AOSP was the best option cause what's more better than android straight from Google.
Next we need those teensy weensy bits of customisations, like the clock could be to the right instead, what's the download speed... and such. So why leave these feelings empty.
With Stag we aim at giving a pure android experience fulfilling those small itches in the mind.
Sic Parvis Magna

View attachment 5278557View attachment 5278559View attachment 5278561View attachment 5278563View attachment 5278565View attachment 5278567

What is working:
Phone calls & messaging
Wi-Fi & Wi-Fi Hotspot
Mobile data
Adaptive brightness
Flash Light
Fast charging
Dark theme, night mode
Fingerprint sensor
Face unlock
NFC
FM Radio
Bluetooth
GPS
and more...

Known bugs:

IMPORTANT: It is necessary to resize system and vendor partition on your phone before flashing this rom! This step will perform format of system and vendor partition and even userdata partition so make a backup if you don't want to lose your data!

Please download this nice and user friendly Nokia Repartition Tool brought to you by Raghu Varma and look at this instructional video:
NOTE: After resize your phone will be automatically booted to TWRP, but because this tool is intended for Nokia 6.1 Plus, this TWRP will refuse to flash ROM zip on 6.1. In this case just reboot to bootloader and download this TWRP for our Nokia 6.1, boot it and everything will be fine. Now you can begin flashing.

After booting to TWRP:
1) If you just resized your system and vendor partitions using Nokia Repartition Tool then you have already formatted userdata so you can skip this step, otherwise if you want to do a clean flash then please Format Data by typing yes, then go to the Bootloader and reboot TWRP
3) Switch to alternative slot (if you are on slot a switch to b if you are on b switch to a)
4) Reboot system

Now you are done!

NOTES: Gapps are already included, so don't flash them! It is recommended to update your stock ROM to Android 10 before flashing this custom ROM.

If you want ROOT just flash latest Magisk and if you want to use Google Pay with your credit/debit card, you need to do some additional steps to pass SafetyNet:
1) Flash latest Magisk package via TWRP
2) Open Magisk Manager App and turn on Magisk Hide in settings
3) In Magisk Manager go to Download and install these modules "Busybox for Android NDK" and "MagiskHide Props Config"
4) Read the instructions for correct setting up the module: https://github.com/Magisk-Modules-Repo/MagiskHidePropsConf/blob/master/README.md
5) I recommend to use custom fingerprint for our device by creating file named "printslist" in the ROOT of your internal storage with this line:
Code:
Nokia 6.1 (10):Nokia:6.1 (2018)=Nokia/Plate2_00WW/PL2_sprout:10/QKQ1.190828.002/00WW_4_15N:user/release-keys__2021-03-01
6) Run su command in terminal and then props command (or use adb shell) and set the custom fingerprint.

Reboot device and Enjoy!

StagOS-Plate2-11.0.R2.1-UNOFFICIAL-GApps-20210415-1212
- Bluetooth aptX audio codec fixed
- Connect your BT headphones and check Developer options - Bluetooth Audio Codec - you should see Qualcomm aptX audio here.

StagOS-Plate2-11.0.R2.1-UNOFFICIAL-GApps-20210413-1900
- My first public StagOS release based od Android 11 built using latest StagOS sources with 04/2021 Google security patch

NOTE: This project is now discontinued from my side because StagOS has now its official releases for our Nokia 6.1. Please read THIS POST.

Release Information

ROM Source Code:

Big thanks to LineageOS developers and maintainers for Nokia 6.1 device and vendor tree on which this build is based!

Version Information
Current Version: 11.0.R2.1
Security patch level: 2020-04-05
Latest Build Release Date: 2021-04-15
Bro bow you can continue developer sold his phone now stag os no new updates

Dipesh Patil

Oct 15, 2021
t.me
Bro that time he said I help him to flash stock room back to Nokia 6.1 and lock bootloader and he tell me that he will sold his phone and no new updates 1 day ago bro
Screenshot_20211024-085952.png

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: gouthamram

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello!

Stag???
    Sic Parvis Magna

Screenshot_20210414-111333.pngScreenshot_20210414-111356.pngScreenshot_20210414-111447.pngScreenshot_20210414-111452.pngScreenshot_20210414-111502.pngScreenshot_20210414-111511.png

What is working:
    Phone calls & messaging
    Wi-Fi & Wi-Fi Hotspot
    Mobile data
    Adaptive brightness
    Flash Light
    Fast charging
    Dark theme, night mode
    Fingerprint sensor
    Face unlock
    NFC
    FM Radio
    Bluetooth
    GPS
    and more...

Known bugs:

After booting to TWRP:
    4) Reboot system

Now you are done!

SafetyNet on latest StagOS builds passes out of the box, so you won't need root/Magisk anymore. Flash Magisk only in case that you really need to root your device.

October 2021 note: Because probably there will be no more official builds of StagOS for Nokia 6.1, I will post here from time to time my builds again.

StagOS-PL2-11.0.R5.1-UNOFFICIAL-GApps-20211024-0810
    - Latest build with October security patch

Release Information

ROM Source Code:

Version Information
    Current Version: 11.0.R5.1
    Security patch level: 2021-10-01
    Latest Build Release Date: 2021-10-24
    thanks alot💐...but why not u cant continue with official status?
    I prefer to build on my own PC and when I want to do. Unofficial build has all the features as official, there is no difference.
    Good work mate!
    Is it stable enough for daily using?
    If your rom is good, i will try it soon
    I'm using it every day without any problems. In my experience, all the important features are working. :) However, it needs some deeper testing, for example I haven't used a video call yet, so I will appreciate your feedback... ;-)
    Bro that time he said I help him to flash stock room back to Nokia 6.1 and lock bootloader and he tell me that he will sold his phone and no new updates 1 day ago bro
    Okay, so in this case, I will post my builds here again.
    Now you can enjoy StagOS-PL2-11.0.R5.1-UNOFFICIAL-GApps-20211024-0810 ;) :cool: