• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11.0][UNOFFICIAL][wt88047x] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

Diwakar1520

Mar 7, 2020
Important information:
This thread is for LineageOS 18.1 opensource builds for Wingtech WT88047, marketed as Redmi 2 by Xiaomi. The following will not be supported in this thread:
  • Custom Kernels
  • Mods
  • Modified system files
  • Xposed
  • Magisk
What's not working:

Installation:
If you are on the stock OS, you will first need a custom recovery. You can get the recommended TWRP recovery here.
If you are coming from stock or other ROMs, you need to do a factory reset, and resize your partitions with this tool.
As always, make sure to backup before installing this ROM.

For more detailed instructions, please visit:
Install LineageOS on wt88047

Download link:
Google Drive

Recommended Google Apps package:
MindTheGapps

Recommended Firmware:
Google Drive

Changelog:
Changes for wt88047x

Bug reports:
How to submit a bug report
Gitlab Issues

Donate to support development:
Donate via PayPal to nicknitewolf
Donate via PayPal to LineageOS

Source Code:
Device tree
Kernel
LineageOS Github

Contributors
@nicknitewolf, Lineage Team

ROM OS Version: 11.x R
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: M8936FAAAANUZM-1.33887.1.41528.1
Based On: LineageOS
Thank you it worked
and it took me around 5 minutes to boot after installing both os and gapps

Reactions: didhiy
Oct 3, 2020
Moradabad

nicknitewolf

Recognized Developer
Sep 10, 2013
Singapore
Xiaomi Poco F1
This file is not working for my device
And after install rom + gapps (opengapps test arm pico) around 400mb are free in system partition(1.5GB)(using [TWRP][AROMA][WT88047] Resize System partition Easily)
I have tried installing in 1.25 GB system partition but it did not install please tell why?
You have to be on stock partition layout for it to work

Oct 3, 2020
Moradabad
You have to be on stock partition layout for it to work
Now i am on the stock partition layout and the resize partition worked but when flashed the recovery used to reboot after sometime (not to recovery) and the partition got resized to 1.4GB
But the rom did not installed with error code 2001 and says failed to update vendor image
Here's the screenshot

IMG_20210520_133855.jpg

didhiy

Mar 29, 2011
Jakarta
Now i am on the stock partition layout and the resize partition worked but when flashed the recovery used to reboot after sometime (not to recovery) and the partition got resized to 1.4GB
But the rom did not installed with error code 2001 and says failed to update vendor image
Here's the screenshot

View attachment 5314475
Same with me, the script was running but suddenly the phone is restarting to FASTBOOT MODE.
I guess the script failed when repartioning the VENDOR partition and made it broken.
After that accident, TWRP will failed to install LOS 17.1 but LOS 15.1 or other Android 8 rom that didn't use vendor partition will installed correctly.
I successfully installing LOS 17.1 rom by using cecel3000 repartion script, with enable the partioning vendor option in the process.

Oct 3, 2020
Moradabad
Please Fix the two bugs of lockscreen and status bar .
When encrypting the device the device stuck in bootloop and failed to boot.

Please fix

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210520-202555_Chrome.png
    Screenshot_20210520-202555_Chrome.png
    207 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_20210520-192735.png
    Screenshot_20210520-192735.png
    206.4 KB · Views: 48

EonJone

Oct 23, 2014
Whenever resetting the app data of Chrome or Google search the settings used to crash.

Use mindthegapps .Bitsgapps and Gapps(opengapps) is have issue of crashing. I tested all three Gapps. opengapps and bitgapps arm have crashing issue and heating issue but mindthegapps working flawless on device.no heating and working perfectly .MindTheGapps is properly optimize by developer .Use Gapps as Mindthegapps as developer nick mentioned as recommended Gapps .

AdiityaAndre

Jul 24, 2014
Sukoharjo
Same with me, the script was running but suddenly the phone is restarting to FASTBOOT MODE.
I guess the script failed when repartioning the VENDOR partition and made it broken.
After that accident, TWRP will failed to install LOS 17.1 but LOS 15.1 or other Android 8 rom that didn't use vendor partition will installed correctly.
I successfully installing LOS 17.1 rom by using cecel3000 repartion script, with enable the partioning vendor option in the process.
Is the issue still persist? I can confirm with 8gb model it is working now..

CHIRAG H S

Apr 21, 2021
There is bug in wifi hospot and in wifi. It shows error in wifi hospot. After reboot it works. When i turn it off and turn it on, it shows error.

Top Liked Posts