[ROM][11.0][vince][UNOFFICIAL]Pixel Experience [AOSP][r29][2021/02/04]

Fknt00

Dec 29, 2016

PixelExperience for Redmi 5 Plus [vince]

What is this?
Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
Wifi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
FMRadio
Fingerprint reader
Lights
Sound / vibration
Facelock

Known issues
Nothing

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
AndroidFileHost | SourceForge

Translation
Help with project translation

Stay tuned
Telegram channel
Blog

XDA:DevDB Information
Pixel Experience, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 / 5 Plus

ROM OS Version:
Android 11
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Beta
Beta Release Date: 2021-01-31

Attachments

Last edited:

Fknt00

Dec 29, 2016
bugs : performance and some video due to vendor buggy please add this
Please download AnTuTu Lite, test the performance. (I know that AnTuTu is not the best way to measure performance, but I want to use it as a reference.)
I want to make a performance comparison between the version you are using and the new build, which I am uploading.

Last edited:

Fknt00

Dec 29, 2016
hi i'm sorry can't find any fingerprint...

When I was preparing to start the compilation, I chose to leave Security-Enhanced Linux (SELinux) in Enforcing mode. When it's in this mode — and for some hardware-related things to work properly, such as camera, Wi-Fi, RIL, GPS, etc —, SELinux policies must be completely configured. However, when I compiled, only part (most of it) was done.

I intend to solve the problem soon with the fingerprint reader policy. But for now, you can switch SELinux to Permissive mode by flashing this: Permissiver_v5

Last edited:

samsungics1200

May 9, 2013
calapan city
Hello i would like to suggest this optimization if possible be implemented:
  1. Implement Zram and disable swap see: here
  2. Able to downgrade the screen resolution from default 1080p to 720 because our chipset runs on non kryo 14nm budget adreno 506 gpu which taxes our gpu process making it heavier and make battery worse
  3. Make the default cpu kernel to hotplugg saves battery and performance
  4. Fully odex system and vendor for storage and battery optimization
  5. fix the the graphics drivers not detected the adreno one and vulkan
  6. Change the default dpi from 480 to 440 our processordoes not have performance left for that big dpi
    Screenshot_20210129-160937.png

Last edited:

Fknt00

Dec 29, 2016
The photos do not work, and I would like to be able to update directly from ota and customize the icons of the status bar such as the battery for example or the clock, the rest very well I have not had any problem
The problem with Google Photos, I believe, is related to the version of the application.
As for OTA updates, they'll be available when I become the maintainer (or someone else).
The Pixel Experience team made available only the source code of the Standard edition. I believe that they have been working on the Plus edition for some time, and that it should be available soon — some customizations will be available on it.

(Download the new build.)

Last edited:

Fknt00

Dec 29, 2016
Hello i would like to suggest this optimization if possible be implemented:
  1. Implement Zram and disable swap see: here
  2. Able to downgrade the screen resolution from default 1080p to 720 because our chipset runs on non kryo 14nm budget adreno 506 gpu which taxes our gpu process making it heavier and make battery worse
  3. Make the default cpu kernel to hotplugg saves battery and performance
  4. Fully odex system and vendor for storage and battery optimization
  5. fix the the graphics drivers not detected the adreno one and vulkan
  6. Change the default dpi from 480 to 440 our processordoes not have performance left for that big dpiView attachment 5202299
ZRAM was already implemented, but the size was set to be 50% of the RAM size. Thus, on devices with 3GB, the ZRAM was left with 1.5GB, and on devices with 4GB of RAM, 2GB. But I made a change, now the ZRAM has 2GB regardless of the device.

With me, the graphics drivers are being detected normally, as attached.
Screenshot_20210204-142701.png

samsungics1200

May 9, 2013
calapan city
Even the official pixel experience or any roms with vendor 64 bit treble got all this probles very slow ondemand 3d games or emulators
how to create the mention bugs:
Download ppsspp with tekken 6 default settings and Citra emulator with pokemon omega ruby with default settings and compare the fps gameplay with this :
and post the results here i need your explaination here