[ROM][11.0] WaveOS 4.1 Rasmalai for Poco X3 [OFFICIAL][UNIFIED]

elsamkary10

Jul 22, 2017
Ah yes, just discovered this issue myself.
When recording video with the camera, when you play it back the audio plays but the visuals are frozen for a long time. Also shows some wonky dodgy time for the length of what you record. Tried changing save settings from phone to SD and back but no change. Also no change when using a different camera.
I used Gcam and video works not frozen but the time as you said you don't know how long your time recorded ...we hope that this problems fix by new update

Revontheus

Aug 1, 2013
cycling/studying or asleep
Ah yes, just discovered this issue myself.
When recording video with the camera, when you play it back the audio plays but the visuals are frozen for a long time. Also shows some wonky dodgy time for the length of what you record. Tried changing save settings from phone to SD and back but no change. Also no change when using a different camera.
Are you using the latest firmware and vendor package for your device? (12.0.7 for Surya/12.0.8 for Karna).

Immortal68

Feb 5, 2013
Koblenz
Looks and feels really smooth.

After installation I noticed that the Setup part where you can restore files & apps from a backup or another device seems to crash. It loops around to select WiFi once or twice and then I get a crash notice ("Android Setup keeps stopping"). This happened after each installation (had to do three). Only way to solve it is skip this step.

After skipping this step everything worked really well though until I installed Viper4AndroidFX through Magisk and opened it, at which point it prompted me to install the driver. Pressed "OK" and the device restarted and was stuck in a bootloop on the POCO screen, restarting every other minute or so. I managed to resolve that by launching into recovery (TWRP) and using magisk uninstaller after which start to system worked again (although without root now).
After re-installing magisk and applying the no-encryption zip I was stuck again in a bootloop, this time at the WaveOS Logo though and without any restarts. Even uninstalling magisk didn't help.

So, in retrospect: Don't install Viper4AndroidFX! :D (at least not the way I did)

Now, I deleted everything and reinstalled the ROM as per guide, flashing no-encryption zip according to guide (worked well). Only thing I did differently is installing Optimus Drunk Kernel after no-encryption and before magisk. Booted up fine, same problem with the restore files & apps. BUT Play Store crashes after installing multiple things at once.

Right at this moment I've deleted the whole internal storage again and installed completely following the guide in OP (basically the same way as the first time) but will not install Viper4AndroidFX.

Hopefully third time's the charm and everything works without problems. :)
The features and feel I got so far was pretty amazing, so I hope to reach a stable state.

atifnr

Feb 6, 2017
That's because you did not install Viper4android properly. You are supposed to install AML and Ainur Narisl in Magisk before installation of Viper. Once the app has been installed, one should enable legacy mode.
I am using dolby with this ROM working fine.

djtinxo

Sep 27, 2011
Looks and feels really smooth.

After installation I noticed that the Setup part where you can restore files & apps from a backup or another device seems to crash. It loops around to select WiFi once or twice and then I get a crash notice ("Android Setup keeps stopping"). This happened after each installation (had to do three). Only way to solve it is skip this step.

After skipping this step everything worked really well though until I installed Viper4AndroidFX through Magisk and opened it, at which point it prompted me to install the driver. Pressed "OK" and the device restarted and was stuck in a bootloop on the POCO screen, restarting every other minute or so. I managed to resolve that by launching into recovery (TWRP) and using magisk uninstaller after which start to system worked again (although without root now).
After re-installing magisk and applying the no-encryption zip I was stuck again in a bootloop, this time at the WaveOS Logo though and without any restarts. Even uninstalling magisk didn't help.

So, in retrospect: Don't install Viper4AndroidFX! :D(at least not the way I did)

Now, I deleted everything and reinstalled the ROM as per guide, flashing no-encryption zip according to guide (worked well). Only thing I did differently is installing Optimus Drunk Kernel after no-encryption and before magisk. Booted up fine, same problem with the restore files & apps. BUT Play Store crashes after installing multiple things at once.

Right at this moment I've deleted the whole internal storage again and installed completely following the guide in OP (basically the same way as the first time) but will not install Viper4AndroidFX.

Hopefully third time's the charm and everything works without problems. :)
The features and feel I got so far was pretty amazing, so I hope to reach a stable state.
Yeah, I had the same issues you mention. I think the Gapps in this ROM are messed up.

Immortal68

Feb 5, 2013
Koblenz
@Revontheus

Alright, thanks for not just saying I did it wrong, but also telling me the correct way. Might try again following your guide.

---

Just an update:

Third installation worked well and holy hell is this ROM smooth. I love it!
Only thing I'm stuck on now is getting Google Pay to work with root. It's always fickle and so far I tried GPay SQLite Fix, HARDWARE OFF by Displax, MagiskHideProps Config and Universal SafetyNet Fix - nothing seems to work. If anyone managed to get that to work I'd love a link/guide.

One minor notice: I love that MiXplorer is included as file browser, but there's still the "normal" file manager? And I'm using solid explorer and now have 3 different file browsers on my mobile. Would love to be able to choose if I want those installed or not.

Bottom line is that it's a great ROM though and amazing for this early development stage!

Reactions: Oel

tomorio

Dec 27, 2013
Are you using the latest firmware and vendor package for your device? (12.0.7 for Surya/12.0.8 for Karna).
I am yes, latest FW & Vendor.
Video records ... But it's like its frozen but the audio is there and the recorded time it's completely off. Then if you skip it to the end and that's when the video starts playback but the audio has long since played. Really weird.
I haven't tried with Gcam, will give that a go but would rather have a fix in the next update if possible.

That's literally my only gripe with this ROM. It's super smooth, I've been using it since it dropped. Battery seems really good. In fact it's the first I've tried recently that hasn't given me a random reboot .... As yet. Great stuff.

Reactions: Oel

Oel

Oct 25, 2014
Almeria
The same here like tomorio...
I tried also Gcam and TRCamera, it's the same with videos on all cameras.
The rest of the rom is incredible good.
For me the fastest and most smooth rom ever for the Poco X3!
More mods for customation would be great.
I will go back to this rom when the video bug is solved.
Big thanks to the devs!

Immortal68

Feb 5, 2013
Koblenz
For anyone curious: I managed to get Google Pay to work.

1. Install Universal SafetyNet Fix by kdrag0n in magisk.
2. Check your SafetyNet profile in magisk - both basicIntegrity and ctsProfile should both be ok
3. use MagiskHide on Google Pay and Google Play services
4. go to apps and delete cache and CLEAR ALL DATA for both Google Pay and Google Play services
5. Now you just need to setup your card in Google Pay and be done with it

Reactions: Aki-to and pnin

Abdullah.Csit

Feb 14, 2014
Iraq
Everything smooth and great development By wave os team and Maintainer of our device.

Already flashed Optimus kernel runs without issues. Battery 🔋 awesome, As it first build I can say it's Great.

Orange 🍊 Fox recovery & Surya (NFC) board 😊

There is tiny small bug in Addition to the bugs that users mentioned, When you select changing wallpaper by Live wallpaper selection the screen goes Yellow untill exit the live wallpaper selection window.