[ROM][11.0][X00TD][OFFICIAL] Evolution X | Elle [11/06/20]

Pasarireng

Sep 10, 2017
Wow, this is so smooth and stable!
But I find two problem:
1. google play system update stucks on 2020/10/1, update always failed.
2. double tap (to wake up the phone) is not working.

I clean flash with ViLTE 063 and stardust kernel.
I'm on Colt 7 now (I changed the kernel into Psycopath kernel), interested to try this Evolution but not sure yet about whether that kernel change I did would be problem or not, do I asked about it here (see above) but has no reply yet.
In Colt 7 everything is smooth too, although, seems this Evolution has more options of some things, which made me interested to try.... but on Colt 7, the double tap to wake up on lock screen works)...

Thanks for your info, that can make me reconsider about want to try (to move from Colt 7 to) this Evolution OS.

chenjohnliu

Jan 19, 2021
I'm on Colt 7 now (I changed the kernel into Psycopath kernel), interested to try this Evolution but not sure yet about whether that kernel change I did would be problem or not, do I asked about it here (see above) but has no reply yet.
In Colt 7 everything is smooth too, although, seems this Evolution has more options of some things, which made me interested to try.... but on Colt 7, the double tap to wake up on lock screen works)...

Thanks for your info, that can make me reconsider about want to try (to move from Colt 7 to) this Evolution OS.
I think you can give it a try. My model is 3/32 but it's still smooth. But I change to stardust kernel though.
Maybe I can help you test on Psychopath kernel. But I'm a newbie, I don't know where to download that kernel.

Reactions: Pasarireng

Skylane47

Aug 29, 2018
The 5.3 version is much more stable, but there are quite a few flaws, a.k.a. bugs.

The main problem was WiFi, which keeps dropping out, even when I had done many things to try remedy the issue. I reverted back to 4.7 mainly because of this issue, which fyi, the WiFi still works.

The second issue is double tap to wake not working. I am currently on Hackeneyed kernel (which I believe is the default kernel from Evolution X), and again, tried many things yet it still doesn't work.

There are some other minor issues, such as font inconsistencies in the settings, even though the font setting in the The Evolver's theme setting has been changed to a certain font I use. The other minor issue is that there is frequent haptic feedbacks, even though I turned that setting off.

The rest seemed fine to me, although I seen some complaint about the fingerprint not working, which to me is actually functioning better somehow in 5.3 than in 4.7.

chenjohnliu

Jan 19, 2021
The 5.3 version is much more stable, but there are quite a few flaws, a.k.a. bugs.

The main problem was WiFi, which keeps dropping out, even when I had done many things to try remedy the issue. I reverted back to 4.7 mainly because of this issue, which fyi, the WiFi still works.

The second issue is double tap to wake not working. I am currently on Hackeneyed kernel (which I believe is the default kernel from Evolution X), and again, tried many things yet it still doesn't work.

There are some other minor issues, such as font inconsistencies in the settings, even though the font setting in the The Evolver's theme setting has been changed to a certain font I use. The other minor issue is that there is frequent haptic feedbacks, even though I turned that setting off.

The rest seemed fine to me, although I seen some complaint about the fingerprint not working, which to me is actually functioning better somehow in 5.3 than in 4.7.
Actually, I also have wifi problem. But my problem is not the same as yours.
Right now I'm a student at the university and the wifi authentication here is 802.1X (PEAP-MSCHAP v2).
I can use the school wifi in Pixel Experience ROM but failed in this ROM.
However, I haven't spent some time to figure out what is the problem yet, so maybe it's my fault for the wrong configuration.
I will do the detailed test and then report it later.

chenjohnliu

Jan 19, 2021
Right now I'm a student at the university and the wifi authentication here is 802.1X (PEAP-MSCHAP v2).
However, I haven't spent some time to figure out what is the problem yet, so maybe it's my fault for the wrong configuration.
Oh sorry, it's my fault! My problem is exactly the same as this one. Please ignore this issue.

amanavengeraman

Nov 9, 2017
Just change the kernel it will fix wifi issue

chenjohnliu

Jan 19, 2021
Just change the kernel it will fix wifi issue
In my case, that one is not kernel problem. After December 2020 security update, the system will force you provide the CA certificate. However, my school doesn't provide any CA certificate, so I cannot do anything here and just report it to computer center.
My roommate's phone is Pixel 4a 5G with android 11, and he cannot connect to school wifi, either.

Reactions: amanavengeraman

Pasarireng

Sep 10, 2017
I think you can give it a try. My model is 3/32 but it's still smooth. But I change to stardust kernel though.
Maybe I can help you test on Psychopath kernel. But I'm a newbie, I don't know where to download that kernel.
I downloaded it from here
(and as 'my appreciation' to the person whom I know it from, it was) after I watched this youtube video after Googling for "Good Kernel for Android 11 on Asus MPM 1".
(FYI, I changed the kernel at that time because with Colt 7 and standard kernel, some app from Google Playstore that I need, cannot be installed. After I changed the Kernel into Psycopath V2 Kernel, then everything is good, until now.
It's only that now, I am curious to try Evolution to compare, and not sure about Kernel things. I have no knowledge about it).

Seems this Evolution thread moderator, Mr. @Vivekachooz doesn't really keen (to answer my noob question) about Custom Kernel. We can see he responsed to other questions, but skipped my Question. IDK why :)
He should be able to answer it easily, IMHO.
Not a good sign of healthy community of a Custom ROM (developer).
So maybe I will re-consider to try Evolution.

And I'm also a newbie, especially about (changing) Kernel. It was my 1st time (changing Kernel).

Thank you

Last edited:

chenjohnliu

Jan 19, 2021
I downloaded it from here
(and as 'my appreciation' to the person whom I know it from, it was) after I watched this youtube video after Googling for "Good Kernel for Android 11 on Asus MPM 1".
(FYI, I changed the kernel at that time because with Colt 7 and standard kernel, some app from Google Playstore that I need, cannot be installed. After I changed the Kernel into Psycopath V2 Kernel, then everything is good, until now.
It's only that now, I am curious to try Evolution to compare, and not sure about Kernel things. I have no knowledge about it).

Seems this Evolution thread moderator, Mr. @Vivekachooz doesn't really keen (to answer my noob question) about Custom Kernel. We can see he responsed to other questions, but skipped my Question. IDK why :)
He should be able to answer it easily, IMHO.
Not a good sign of healthy community of a Custom ROM (developer).
So maybe I will re-consider to try Evolution.

And I'm also a newbie, especially about (changing) Kernel. It was my 1st time (changing Kernel).

Thank you
No, don't say that. We don't pay salary to Vivekachooz sir and we still need his effort to have a more stable and great ROM. Maybe he is busy making another version now.

For kernel problem, we can test the different kernel by ourselves. Just in case if we are not lucky and the device goes into a boot loop, we just dirty flash another version of kernel or simply do clean flash again.

I can help you to test it, but you need to give me some time (later this night or tomorrow). Because sometimes I need to connect to school wifi, I switch to SUPERIOR OS (which doesn't have December 2020 security update) right now. I need to backup the data first and then test it.

Reactions: Pasarireng

Pasarireng

Sep 10, 2017
No, don't say that. We don't pay salary to Vivekachooz sir and we still need his effort to have a more stable and great ROM. Maybe he is busy making another version now.

For kernel problem, we can test the different kernel by ourselves. Just in case if we are not lucky and the device goes into a boot loop, we just dirty flash another version of kernel or simply do clean flash again.

I can help you to test it, but you need to give me some time (later this night or tomorrow). Because sometimes I need to connect to school wifi, I switch to SUPERIOR OS (which doesn't have December 2020 security update) right now. I need to backup the data first and then test it.
I just say what I see. Nothing should be wrong with that. No offend at all.

And Thank you.

Reactions: chenjohnliu

shripad kulkarni

Apr 25, 2016
After the 5.2 update i cannot connect to 5ghz wifi can someone tell me what is the problem and what should i do to fix this. I have clean flashed this rom twice to fix the issue but no change.