• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11.0] Yet another AOSP project | Android 11 [UNOFFICAL] [BETA]

Search This thread

albinoman887

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 14, 2010
Snohomish, WA
1607597427911.png

YAAP is a project founded by Adhitya Mohan (@poad42) and Ido Ben-Hur (@idoybh) with the goal of staying close to AOSP in design goals, offer a clean interface, do as much as original development as possible and avoid becoming a kitchen sink and cherry picked mess.

Bug reporting:
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
  • Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.
c4ypvbf.png

• Built from latest Android 11 source
  • Service
  • Text
  • Data
  • Call
  • VoLTE/WiFI Calling/IMS/5G]
  • Audio
  • WiFi
  • Google Now
  • Bluetooth
  • GPS
  • MMS
  • Video playback
  • Audio playback
  • Camera
  • Video recording
  • NFC
  • Standalone 5G

bJO9QqG.png

• ??? You tell me

Unlock Warning:
By unlocking a OnePlus phone, you can loose permanent functionality in fingerprint scanner and OTAs for Stock ROMS if improper steps are taken.
Please see 2rd post for backup instructions BEFORE flashing this or ANY custom ROMs
Join our Telegram Chat for added support

2jpqfKR.png

PAY ATTENTION!! DIFFERENT THEN MOST DEVICES! CURRENTLY TWRP DOESNT SUPPORT OUR DEVICE SO FASTBOOT MUST BE USED INSTEAD! GAPPS IS ALSO INCLUDED IN THE BUILD DUE TO SAME LACK OF TWRP!
  • (if you are comfortable with fastboot just run the following commands from fastbootd, if you are unsure of the procedure please read on IT IS DIFFERENT THEN TWRP!
    Code:
    (boot to bootloader)
    fastboot reboot fastboot
    fastboot -w
    fastboot update <filemane>.zip
  • Boot to bootloader
  • from terminal/command prompt: fastboot reboot fastboot
    (Don't forget the above step! This will bring us into fastbootd mode. Regular bootloader/fastboot doesn't have access to all needed partitions for flashing. You will see 'partition not found' errors)
    Note: In order to access fastbootd mode, we must have stock recovery flashed until TWRP is fixed
  • if you are coming from a different rom wipe userdata by typing fastboot -w
  • now type fastboot update filename.zip where filename is the name of the downloaded zip. (e.g, <filemane>.zip)

w5xnyz0.png

• Any and all users in this thread who contributed or will contribute to making this ROM as stable as possible
  • AOSP Devs
  • @mjevange
  • @omariscal1019
  • @OC'D
  • Me

cvU6373.png

Not expected by any means but always brings a smile to my face when I see it, If anyone wants to Paypal me a couple bucks my way it would really help cuver all the coffee and smokes i go through debugging stuff haha :)

Thanks and happy flashing!

l5SakBJ.png

[*] See Post 3

lSuV72q.png

[*] See Post 3

ROM OS Version: Android 11

XDA:DevDB Information
Yet Another AOSP Project, ROM for the OnePlus 7TPro McLaren

Contributors

OmkarTheAndroid, poad42, idoybh
Source Code: https://github.com/yaap

ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14.x
ROM Firmware Required: OOS 10.0.39
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Beta

Created 2020-12-14
Last Updated 2020-12-14
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

albinoman887

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 14, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Unlock Warning:
- This matters only if you ever want to revert to OnePlus ROMs or a fully stock phone
- Choose a method below to get backups BEFORE unlocking to prevent this
- persist.img and reserve.img are most important, but get full dump/backup to be safe
- If you need help, join our Telegram Chat

Getting your phone into EDL mode
Code:
- While holding {Vol+} & {Vol-}, insert USB
- Your screen will remain blank, you will immediately be in EDL mode
- You will have 10 seconds to interact with EDL mode, or the phone will restart into Charging mode
- If an EDL mode interaction fails, you will need to first reboot into fastboot by holding {Vol+} & {Vol-} & {Power} for 10 seconds

MSM Readback (Windows Only)
Download Tool
Grab any MSM Tool version

Obtain Backup
- Launch tool
- Select Target 'TMO'
- Press F8 (password is 'oneplus')
- Select Partitions & Hit OK
(persist.img and reserve.img are very important, but can't hurt to have a copy of everything, use Ctrl-A to select all)
- Put phone in EDL mode (SEE NOTE)
- Enumerate device
- Click Readback & Wait

EDL Tool Backup (Linux Only)
Obtain the tool
Use GIT:
Code:
~$ git clone [email protected]:bkerler/edl.git
—or—
Download ZIP: https://github.com/bkerler/edl/archive/master.zip

Prep
Use the included README for required packages / setup
Pay attention to UDEV rules, python, and pip

Backup
In the edl folder:
- Create folder named dumps
- Put phone in EDL mode (SEE NOTE)
- Use edl.py:
Code:
~$ ./edl.py rl dumps/ --memory=ufs --genxml --skip=userdata

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1607597427911.png

YAAP is a project founded by Adhitya Mohan (@poad42) and Ido Ben-Hur (@idoybh) with the goal of staying close to AOSP in design goals, offer a clean interface, do as much as original development as possible and avoid becoming a kitchen sink and cherry picked mess.

Bug reporting:
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    • Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.
    c4ypvbf.png

• Built from latest Android 11 source
    • Service
    • Text
    • Data
    • Call
    • VoLTE/WiFI Calling/IMS/5G]
    • Audio
    • WiFi
    • Google Now
    • Bluetooth
    • GPS
    • MMS
    • Video playback
    • Audio playback
    • Camera
    • Video recording
    • NFC
    • Standalone 5G

bJO9QqG.png

• ??? You tell me

Unlock Warning:
    By unlocking a OnePlus phone, you can loose permanent functionality in fingerprint scanner and OTAs for Stock ROMS if improper steps are taken.
    Please see 2rd post for backup instructions BEFORE flashing this or ANY custom ROMs
    Join our Telegram Chat for added support

2jpqfKR.png

PAY ATTENTION!! DIFFERENT THEN MOST DEVICES! CURRENTLY TWRP DOESNT SUPPORT OUR DEVICE SO FASTBOOT MUST BE USED INSTEAD! GAPPS IS ALSO INCLUDED IN THE BUILD DUE TO SAME LACK OF TWRP!
    • (if you are comfortable with fastboot just run the following commands from fastbootd, if you are unsure of the procedure please read on IT IS DIFFERENT THEN TWRP!
      Code:
      (boot to bootloader)
      fastboot reboot fastboot
      fastboot -w
      fastboot update <filemane>.zip
    • Boot to bootloader
    • from terminal/command prompt: fastboot reboot fastboot
      (Don't forget the above step! This will bring us into fastbootd mode. Regular bootloader/fastboot doesn't have access to all needed partitions for flashing. You will see 'partition not found' errors)
      Note: In order to access fastbootd mode, we must have stock recovery flashed until TWRP is fixed
    • if you are coming from a different rom wipe userdata by typing fastboot -w
    • now type fastboot update filename.zip where filename is the name of the downloaded zip. (e.g, <filemane>.zip)

w5xnyz0.png

• Any and all users in this thread who contributed or will contribute to making this ROM as stable as possible
    • AOSP Devs
    • @mjevange
    • @omariscal1019
    • @OC'D
    • Me

cvU6373.png

Not expected by any means but always brings a smile to my face when I see it, If anyone wants to Paypal me a couple bucks my way it would really help cuver all the coffee and smokes i go through debugging stuff haha :)

Thanks and happy flashing!

l5SakBJ.png

[*] See Post 3

lSuV72q.png

[*] See Post 3

XDA:DevDB Information
    Yet Another AOSP Project, ROM for the OnePlus 7TPro McLaren

Contributors

OmkarTheAndroid, poad42, idoybh
    Source Code: https://github.com/yaap