[ROM][11.0_r35]JAGUAR ONEPLUS 6 OFFICIAL V7.1-Updated April 12, 2021

Search This thread

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
Thanks for the new and hasty update. This rom is great and I'm happy this exists for the people who value their privacy and/or want to lock their bootloader. I'm using it on my 6T and I know it isn't supported but it works great honestly, aside from fp scanner and bat/notif light (for obvious reasons). do you think i can still lock my bootloader by contacting you privately? and regardless of that, do you think you could add smart charge in a future update? My humble apologies in advance if this messages seems rude. Have a good Day!

I have just sent you a link to a newly built Jaguar for Fajita. Test it, and if everything is OK, I'll post the rom in Oneplus 6T thread.

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
March 7, New release, V-6.0

1. Newer clang tool chain
2. Smart battery charging
3. Extreme battery saving
4. Sound and vibration options on a fully charged battery
5. Launcher 3 - support for icon packs and option to change icon size globally
6. Improved fingerprint sensor
7. Updated TriChrome Webview and Chromium to 89.x

Download in post #3.

Last edited:

Louseo

Oct 5, 2020
This might be a stupid question, but how do I dirty flash? I got V1 up and running but i tried updating to the last version without success. V1 was flashed into slot A, the first time i flashed into slot A by booting into recovery in slot B, but this didn't do anything, the build is still the first one. I tried the opposite flashing into B from A but alas no success. What am i doing wrong?

Reactions: YousifG7

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
This might be a stupid question, but how do I dirty flash? I got V1 up and running but i tried updating to the last version without success. V1 was flashed into slot A, the first time i flashed into slot A by booting into recovery in slot B, but this didn't do anything, the build is still the first one. I tried the opposite flashing into B from A but alas no success. What am i doing wrong?

You shouldn't be picking slots. Keep in mind that roms get flashed to an inactive slot, but Magisk and Gapps are not. So, if you are in Slot A, rom will get to Slot B. If you flash Magisk and Gapps without reboot, those will be flashed to Slot A. This way, you won't boot to Slot B, because Slot A will have a newer version, because of Magisk and Gapps.

So, to update, simply, boot into recovery (from a running rom) and flash the latest version. If you need Magisk and Gapps, then reboot into recovery again and flash those. Then reboot

There is a slight possibility that because there are many changes between V1 and 6, a fresh install might be required, but I doubt it.

Reactions: Louseo and YousifG7

Louseo

Oct 5, 2020
You shouldn't be picking slots. Keep in mind that roms get flashed to an inactive slot, but Magisk and Gapps are not. So, if you are in Slot A, rom will get to Slot B. If you flash Magisk and Gapps without reboot, those will be flashed to Slot A. This way, you won't boot to Slot B, because Slot A will have a newer version, because of Magisk and Gapps.

So, to update, simply, boot into recovery (from a running rom) and flash the latest version. If you need Magisk and Gapps, then reboot into recovery again and flash those. Then reboot

There is a slight possibility that because there are many changes between V1 and 6, a fresh install might be required, but I doubt it.

Thanks, I managed to get it working. Congrats on the ROM it's the most stable android 11, I've tried

Hey.
First, thank you optimumpro for the magnificent work.
I installed the ROM yesterday and today I tried some Stuff.
Some things confused me a bit.
I can't install apks because the install button simply doesn't react.
Some other buttons, mainly in login sections, show the same behavior.
I can't get Viper4Android to work it installs but doesn't process audio.
I can't give some permissions to apps. Not even if I manually do it over the settings.
I assume some of that is part of the Hardening?
If not, what do I do wrong?
I would like to have a locked bootloader but i Kinda need the above features.

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
Hey.
First, thank you optimumpro for the magnificent work.
I installed the ROM yesterday and today I tried some Stuff.
Some things confused me a bit.
I can't install apks because the install button simply doesn't react.
Some other buttons, mainly in login sections, show the same behavior.
I can't get Viper4Android to work it installs but doesn't process audio.
I can't give some permissions to apps. Not even if I manually do it over the settings.
I assume some of that is part of the Hardening?
If not, what do I do wrong?
I would like to have a locked bootloader but i Kinda need the above features.
Those things don't exist in vanilla Jaguar. Apps are installed through inbuilt File Manager. SDK 30 apps install right away. SDK 28 and lower would install with a warning: App is built with an old SDK. Everything below SDK 25 would say: App not installed, but under no condition the 'install' button would be non reactive. I have an old android kitchen, which I used to use to sign some third party apps. This no longer works on Android 10 and 11 - you get a prompt: app not installed.

You either installed some old mode that screwed the rom or you didn't do a fresh install when changing roms.

This has nothing to do with hardening.

judaxxx

May 8, 2012
I know this does not correspond to the rom itself ...
but some reason or some advice why Xposed cannot be activated in Jaguar :unsure: , I think it was from v3

Excellent work :cool:

KeyRunKmr

Oct 24, 2014
Mangalore
I am facing an issue of rom malfunctioning as soon as I install Gapps (tried NikGapps-core and open_gapps-arm64-11.0-nano unofficial). Is there a particular gapps that I am supposed to use. Appreciate helping in advance

Tomatot-

May 11, 2012
OnePlus 6
Just intalled your ROM today. I'm very pleased with it so far. Great UI & UX, lots of features. I personally don't care since I don't use them but I've noticed off screen gestures don't work. Also in some case it makes the phone soft reboot. I'm running stock kernel, Magisk, microG. No weird mods afaik. I'd like to know if it's the same for everyone. In any case I can share logs if you want.

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
Also, i'm noticing some delay when opening apps that are not in memory. Never experienced it with other ROMs. Any idea on a fix?

Could be several reasons: animation/transition numbers set too high; apps restored with Titanium or some other pre-Android R app; too many apps open: Chrome/Chromium takes at least 1GB when open. 4-5 apps like this one, and you won't have ram; some mode/Magisk module installed; These are just a few. Look at how much available ram you have once that happens.

Tomatot-

May 11, 2012
OnePlus 6
Could be several reasons: animation/transition numbers set too high; apps restored with Titanium or some other pre-Android R app; too many apps open: Chrome/Chromium takes at least 1GB when open. 4-5 apps like this one, and you won't have ram; some mode/Magisk module installed; These are just a few. Look at how much available ram you have once that happens.

I don't think it's any of this, people have reported me that it used to be an issue on LOS 17.1 but Luk fixed it.

I have a 8GB OP6 and I never use more than 4GB. I didn't change any animation or related settings. It happens with all apps, no matter if they are light or heavy, if they got restored with TiBackup or not. It also happens after a fresh start so it's definitely not a RAM issue. I don't have any magisk module affecting performance either. Apparently it got fixed in june 2020, I'll have a look at the commits and I'll let you know.

According to @emil_515 , this is the same issue as this one : https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-official-enchilada-10-lineageos-17-1.3967251/post-82770369
And it got fixed two days after. Here are the commits from around that time: https://review.lineageos.org/q/status:merged+age:9mon,875 haven't spotted it yet.

In the meantime i'll try a dirty flash and an art wipe.

Last edited:

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
I don't think it's any of this, people have reported me that it used to be an issue on LOS 17.1 but Luk fixed it.

I have a 8GB OP6 and I never use more than 4GB. I didn't change any animation or related settings. It happens with all apps, no matter if they are light or heavy, if they got restored with TiBackup or not. It also happens after a fresh start so it's definitely not a RAM issue. I don't have any magisk module affecting performance either. Apparently it got fixed in june 2020, I'll have a look at the commits and I'll let you know.

According to @emil_515 , this is the same issue as this one : https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-official-enchilada-10-lineageos-17-1.3967251/post-82770369
And it got fixed two days after. Here are the commits from around that time: https://review.lineageos.org/q/status:merged+age:9mon,875 haven't spotted it yet.

In the meantime i'll try a dirty flash and an art wipe.
But it doesn't happen to me, and I have Oneplus 6 too, and there are no complaints about apps starting slow from anyone else (other than you). Whatever was fixed in those commits, is a part of Android R too.

Tomatot-

May 11, 2012
OnePlus 6
After a clean flash (factory reset and I flashed the ROM again), I still have the same delay when opening any app for the first time. I don't see how it could be something from my side at this point, never mind.

mzmudzin

Jul 22, 2010
Poland
OnePlus 6
Hi, first of all, great rom, probably best of all A11 roms for oneplus 6. Have a question, is there a way to use "ok google"? I cant activate voice match - its greyed out. I think its related with gapps (using nikgapps omni). Anyone knows fix for this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    April 6, New Release, V-7.0

1. Android r35
    2. April security patches
    3. Option to forbid non-TLS (clear text) network communications (in Development)
    4. New kernel

Download in post #3.
    April 12. New Release, V-7.1:

1. App locker
    2. Toggle to hide QS footer icons

Download in post #3.
    The new kernel you're using fixed the Verizon issue I had before, thank you so so much!!
    It's not kernel. I simply disabled RTT for Verizon.
    Congratulations ... the best rom for Enchilada A11 tested, everything is smooth as butter !!👍
    sorry that I can use GAPPS and where can I download it from, could you support me thank you very much
    This is official build of Jaguar Rom.

I have been building Android roms since 2012 for various devices including multiple Sonys, Lenovo Zuk, Oneplus 3, Oneplus 5 and Oneplus 6 (my current device). You can check the Oneplus 5 development thread here:
    Oneplus 5 thread or Oneplus 3 or browse my profile.

Jaguar rom is focused on hardening of AndroidOS and kernel. As such, the rom has hardened bionic, art, framework and tightened security. Kernel has security features ported from linux kernel 4.14.

The rom could be used on locked bootloader with no warning screen whatsoever, and with or without Magisk (your choice). It boots like OOS: Android logo and Boot animation. If you want locked bootloader, contact me privately.

Otherwise, and in addition to hardening, the rom has all standard+ features that come with custom roms:

1 Rom control with custom Power options, Statusbar, Buttons, Navbar, Quicksettings, Lockscreen, Notifications, Gestures, Themes etc. .

2. Heavily modified Art, Bionic System/Vold and System/Security

3. Telephony response to Type Zero sms ('silently acknowledged') disabled

4. Toggle to disable Captive Portal logging.

5. Speakerphone proximity sensor toggle - could be set to automatically switch to speaker when not at the ear

6. IMEI and phone numbers hidden in About menu

7. Call recording button now visible in Dialer

8. All regular customizations

The rom requires the latest OOS vendor in both slots!

Instructions for Unlocked Bootloader

1. If you are encrypted on Android Q or lower, you must do a factory reset in TWRP, the option, where you enter 'Yes' to confirm. Otherwise, just wipe data partition.

2. Reboot into TWRP (after factory reset), transfer Jaguar, TWRP installer and Magisk to internal SD

3. Flash the rom. Don't reboot!

4. Flash TWRP official latest installer (not the raw TWRP image). Reboot once. After that do optional flashing such as GAPPS and Magisk

If you want locked bootloader
    - CONTACT ME VIA PM

The latest release is always in post #3.

XDA:DevDB Information
    JAGUAR R, ROM for the OnePlus 6

Contributors

optimumpro

New Kernel Source: New Kernel
    Kernel Source Code: Kernel

ROM OS Version:
    11.x R
    ROM Kernel:
    Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required:
    Locked or Unlocked Bootloader and OOS vendor
    Based On:
    AOSP/Lineage/Crdroid

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: See post #3
    Stable Release Date:
    2021-01-26

Created:
    2021-01-26
    Updated: 2021-04-12

Credit: AOSP, Lineage, DU, Crdroid, GrapheneOS
    Some screenshots:
    April 12, New Release, V-7.1

1. App locker
    2. Toggle to turn off QS footer icons

Could be flashed dirty on a previous release

Download rom V-7.1:
    here

April 6, New Release, V-7.0

1. Android r35
    2. April security patches
    3. Option to forbid non-TLS (clear text) network communications (in Development)
    4. New kernel

Could be flashed dirty on a previous release

Download rom V-7.0: here

March 7, New release, V-6.0

1. Newer clang tool chain
    2. Smart battery charging
    3. Extreme battery saving
    4. Sound and vibration options on a fully charged battery
    5. Launcher 3 - support for icon packs and option to change icon size globally
    6. Improved fingerprint sensor
    7. Updated TriChrome Webview and Chromium browser to 89.x

Dirty flashing is fine.

Download rom V-6.0: here

March 2, New release, V-5.0

1. Android r33
    2. March security patches
    3. Extra features added in Oneplusdevice
    4. System icons colors unified for dark/light theming (all icons are dark + random color or white + random color)
    5. Updated kernel, art and bionic
    6. Fixed notch so that it is not overlayed with traffic speed numbers and volte/vofi icons

Could be flashed dirty on top of previous releases

Download rom V5-0
    : here
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

February 17. New release, V-4.0

1. Phone ringtone settings for Multi Sim
    2. Deep sleep added in about phone
    3. Dashboard icons theming
    4. Jelly browser replaced with TriChrome Vanadium browser 88.x
    5. AOSP webview replaced with TriChrome Vanadium Systemwebview 88.x
    6. Per App access to sensors configuration
    7. Dalvik/Art built with O3 flag

Could be flashed dirty on top of previous releases

Download rom V4-0: here

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    February 8. New release, V-3.0

1. Live Display now fully works
    2. Settings - cool video effects entering sub-settings
    3. Support for MicroG
    4. Option to enable AOD on charge only
    5. Extend pulse to Ambient Display
    6. Access running services from Quick Settings (icon)

Dirty flash on a previous release is fine.

Download rom V-3.0: here

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    February 2. New release, V-2.0

1. Android r30
    2. February security patches
    3. Call recording enabled for all
    4. Dialer now shows 'record call' button, instead of useless 'RTT' button

Dirty flash on previous releases is fine

Download rom V-2.0: here
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

January 30. New release:

1. Fixed video not playing in Facebook/Whatsup and other 3rd party apps
    2. Updated Android sources
    3. Updated Kernel

Dirty flash on top of V1 is fine:

Download in attachment:
    Rom updated to V-4.0:

1. Phone ringtone settings for Multi Sim
    2. Deep sleep added in about phone
    3. Dashboard icons theming
    4. Jelly browser replaced with TriChrome Vanadium browser 88.x
    5. AOSP webview replaced with TriChrome Vanadium Systemwebview 88.x
    6. Per App access to sensors configuration
    7. Dalvik/Art built with O3 flag

Download in post #3.
    March 2, New release, V-5.0

1. Android r33
    2. March security patches
    3. Extra features added in Oneplusdevice
    4. System icons colors unified for dark/light theming (all icons are dark + random color or white + random color)
    5. Updated kernel, art and bionic
    6. Fixed notch so that it is not overlayed with traffic speed numbers and volte/vofi icons

Download in post #3.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone