[ROM][11.0_r35]JAGUAR ONEPLUS 6T FAJITA OFFICIAL V7.1 UPDATED April 9

Search This thread
Apr 8, 2015
Cartago
Just clean flashed lastest update and as another user already posted I cant enroll my fingerprint :/

Edit: Just clean flashed twice but no cigar, onto another rom I guess :(

Last edited:

urgali

Jun 23, 2015
Just clean flashed lastest update and as another user already posted I cant enroll my fingerprint :/

Edit: Just clean flashed twice but no cigar, onto another rom I guess :(
Still, none of you is providing logs to dev as he already requested billion of times.

I will try to flash the ROM this weekend and try out fp to get some logs, was planning to wait a bit since I don't have much time but I see people on xda has become lazier than me :)

urgali

Jun 23, 2015
Thanks for the logcat. Unfortunately, it does not show any error with in-display fingerprint. Nor, do I find any differences in my fajita device tree, as compared to Lineage, Crdroid, Candyrom and a few others. So, I am thinking this is a kernel issue. As such, I am rebasing my kernel, which will be included in the next release, when April security patches become available.

Hi there!

Here is a logcat while trying to add FP on latest build; no icon is present and nothing happens if i try to "click" where the FP icon should be.

Additional info:
-Clean flashed JAGUAR rom over OOS 10.3.8 as base
-Stock JAGUAR kernel
-No GAPPS
-Magisk installed
-No other personalization, after first boot up went straight to FP and reported here

Attachments

• FP-log.zip
    12.7 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: optimumpro

mitchst2

Nov 9, 2011
April 9, New Release V-7.1

1. Fingerprint enrollment FIXED (confirmed)
2. WIFI time-out option
3. Updated kernel

Download in post #3
Great ROM glad you got the FP sensor sorted. My only gripe is the app locker. For a security centricR

2. WIFI time-out option
3. Updated kernel

Download in post #3
Great ROM glad you got the FP sensor sorted. My only gripe is the app locker. For a security centric ROM it isn't very good as it only works from the launcher. Havoc OS has a system level locker that works everywhere. Its only a suggestion but in my opinion its a better implementation given what you have tried to achieve here .

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
Great ROM glad you got the FP sensor sorted. My only gripe is the app locker. For a security centricR

Great ROM glad you got the FP sensor sorted. My only gripe is the app locker. For a security centric ROM it isn't very good as it only works from the launcher. Havoc OS has a system level locker that works everywhere. Its only a suggestion but in my opinion its a better implementation given what you have tried to achieve here .
Builtin Launcher3 provides app locking and app hiding.

From what I remember about the other 'applocker', it doesn't require pin/fingerprint when accessing the settings themselves. I could be wrong, but if that's true, that's no security at all, as it only gives you the false sense... .

mitchst2

Nov 9, 2011
Builtin Launcher3 provides app locking and app hiding.

From what I remember about the other 'applocker', it doesn't require pin/fingerprint when accessing the settings themselves. I could be wrong, but if that's true, that's no security at all, as it only gives you the false sense... .
Settings has to be set to require pin/FP same as this I think. However if access to settings is left unlocked apps still require pin/FP from settings. However with launcher level security only I can launch apps from settings even if locked. System level would be better IMO.

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
Settings has to be set to require pin/FP same as this I think. However if access to settings is left unlocked apps still require pin/FP from settings. However with launcher level security only I can launch apps from settings even if locked. System level would be better IMO.
But in Launcher, you can also hide an app, and by default, you can't access app hiding/locking settings without a pin/password.

Also, I am not sure you can lock Settings within the app locker, and without it, it's useless.

mitchst2

Nov 9, 2011
But in Launcher, you can also hide an app, and by default, you can't access app hiding/locking settings without a pin/password.

Also, I am not sure you can lock Settings within the app locker, and without it, it's useless.
But you can still access settings from quick settings even if you've hidden and locked it from the launcher. Now that isn't secure.

Havoc OS has it integrated into Settings at the system level and you can lock settings. It is not a standalone app. No matter where you launch an app from it is locked.

This is your ROM if you're happy the way it is fair enough.

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
But you can still access settings from quick settings even if you've hidden and locked it from the launcher. Now that isn't secure.

Havoc OS has it integrated into Settings at the system level and you can lock settings. It is not a standalone app. No matter where you launch an app from it is locked.

This is your ROM if you're happy the way it is fair enough.
Can you confirm that in the other app locker, when Settings is locked, you can't access it from Quicksettings?

The commit is rather large, and if you can still access Settings from Quicksettings, it wouldn't make sense to implement it.

mitchst2

Nov 9, 2011
Can you confirm that in the other app locker, when Settings is locked, you can't access it from Quicksettings?

The commit is rather large, and if you can still access Settings from Quicksettings, it wouldn't make sense to implement it.
Running your ROM at the minute so can't check but I'm sure the lock is global.

mitchst2

Nov 9, 2011

ShapeShiftOS just added

- system wide applocker and launcher apphider

Only mentioning it in case it's helps implement. Also as mentioned above app hider needs to be retained in the launcher.

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
ShapeShiftOS just added

- system wide applocker and launcher apphider

Only mentioning it in case it's helps implement. Also as mentioned above app hider needs to be retained in the launcher.
App locker is a Paranoid Android commit. System-wide applocker doesn't mean Settings can't be accessed via Quicksettings short cut, which by the way could simply be removed (needs implementation).

I need someone to confirm that with Settings locked, Settings can't be accessed via QS short cut. Because if it can, there is no point in applocker (vs. Launcher 3 implementation).

mitchst2

Nov 9, 2011
App locker is a Paranoid Android commit. System-wide applocker doesn't mean Settings can't be accessed via Quicksettings short cut, which by the way could simply be removed (needs implementation).

I need someone to confirm that with Settings locked, Settings can't be accessed via QS short cut. Because if it can, there is no point in applocker (vs. Launcher 3 implementation).
Asked here:

If nobody replies I'll reinstall Havoc.

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
Asked here:

If nobody replies I'll reinstall Havoc.
I have just built Jaguar with Paranoid app locker implemented:

This doesn't even have an option to lock Settings.apk. It is not listed there. So, it looks like app locker is useless, as compared with Launcher 3 implementation.

The only reason someone might want this is if they are using a different launcher, but again, applocker provides less protection than the Launcher 3 implementation.

mitchst2

Nov 9, 2011
I have just built Jaguar with Paranoid app locker implemented:

This doesn't even have an option to lock Settings.apk. It is not listed there. So, it looks like app locker is useless, as compared with Launcher 3 implementation.

The only reason someone might want this is if they are using a different launcher, but again, applocker provides less protection than the Launcher 3 implementation.
Don't know about paranoid but I'll try havoc later.

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
Don't know about paranoid but I'll try havoc later.
It's the same commit authored by Paranoid guys. You can see it in Havoc and many other roms. I had it in Android 10 and I didn't like it..., didn't remember why at the time, but now I know.

But it's already in Jaguar, so, I'll leave it for those who use other launchers.

mitchst2

Nov 9, 2011

It's the same commit authored by Paranoid guys. You can see it in Havoc and many other roms. I had it in Android 10 and I didn't like it..., didn't remember why at the time, but now I know.

But it's already in Jaguar, so, I'll leave it for those who use other launchers.
Dang you were right - settings can't be locked.

Jaguar issues with Settings app lock
Quick settings & Recents still gives access

Havoc (Paranoid)
No settings lock but it is possible to create a bit of a workaround by hiding all access to settings other than through a locked launcher. You must remember to clear settings from recents though.

Neither is ideal but for me System level is better as all apps that can be locked are protected everywhere not just the launcher.

Why can't settings be app locked anyway?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

2. WIFI time-out option
    3. Updated kernel

Download in post #3
    April 6, New Release V-7.0

1. Android r35
    2. April security patches
    3. Option to forbid all non-TLS (clear text) network connections (in Development)
    4. New kernel

Download in post #3.
    March 29, New Release V-6.3

1. Fingerrpint should work
    2. Screen off animations
    3. Always On Scheduling

Download in post #3.
    March 14 - New release V-6.1

1. Attempt to fix fingerprint (I don't have the device), so, if it still doesn't work. logcat will be needed)
    2. Attempt to fix Verizon compatibility
    3. Touch sensitivity feature (glove-mode)
    4. Trichrome Webview and Browser upgraded to 89.0.4389.90

Download in post #3

Keep in mind that my main device is Oneplus 6 and fingerprint works fine. So, it must be a device tree, as opposed to rom problem. If the feature still doesn't work, I'd need a logcat.
    New release, V-6.2:

1. Verizon support - confirmed
    2. Check for fingerprint sensor
    3. NFC tile added in Quicksettings

Download in post #3.
    Fingerprint enrollment now is fully working.

This is official build of Jaguar Rom.

I have been building Android roms since 2012 for various devices including multiple Sonys, Lenovo Zuk, Oneplus 3, Oneplus 5 and Oneplus 6 (my current device). You can check the Oneplus 5 development thread here:
    Oneplus 5 thread or Oneplus 3 or Oneplus 6 thread here or browse my profile.

Jaguar rom is focused on hardening of AndroidOS and kernel. As such, the rom has hardened bionic, art, framework and tightened security. Kernel has security features ported from linux kernel 4.14.

The rom could be used on locked bootloader with no warning screen whatsoever, and with or without Magisk (your choice). It boots like OOS: Android logo and Boot animation. If you want locked bootloader, contact me privately.

Otherwise, and in addition to hardening, the rom has all standard+ features that come with custom roms:

1 Rom control with custom Power options, Statusbar, Buttons, Navbar, Quicksettings, Lockscreen, Notifications, Gestures, Themes etc. .

2. Heavily modified Art, Bionic System/Vold and System/Security

3. Telephony response to Type Zero sms ('silently acknowledged') disabled

4. Toggle to disable Captive Portal logging.

5. Speakerphone proximity sensor toggle - could be set to automatically switch to speaker when not at the ear

6. IMEI and phone numbers hidden in About menu

7. Call recording button visible in Dialer and working for all

8. Vanadium Trichrome Webview and Chromium browser

9. All regular customizations with the latest addition of Battery Defender, as well as Aggressive, Extreme battery saving and Smart charging

10. Customized Launcher 3 has extra grid options: 6x7 and 5x8 + an option to change icon size globally

11. Verizon CDMA support

The rom requires the latest OOS vendor in both slots!

Instructions for Unlocked Bootloader

1. If you are encrypted on Android Q or lower, you must do a factory reset in TWRP, the option, where you enter 'Yes' to confirm. Otherwise, just wipe data partition.

2. Reboot into TWRP (after factory reset), transfer Jaguar, TWRP installer and Magisk to internal SD

3. Flash the rom. Don't reboot!

4. Flash TWRP official latest installer (not the raw TWRP image). Reboot once. After that do optional flashing such as GAPPS and Magisk

Keep in mind, the rom has a per app sensor access, which by default is set to 'deny all'. So, if any of your favorite spying apps F/C on first use, go to Settings and enable sensor access for those apps.

If you want locked bootloader
    - CONTACT ME VIA PM

The latest release is always in post #3 on top.

XDA:DevDB Information
    JAGUAR R, ROM for the OnePlus 6T

Contributors

optimumpro

New Kernel Source: New Kernel
    Kernel Source Code: Kernel

ROM OS Version:
    11.x R
    ROM Kernel:
    Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required:
    Locked or Unlocked Bootloader and OOS vendor
    Based On:
    AOSP/Lineage

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: See post #3
    Stable Release Date:
    2021-01-26

Created: 2021-03-11
    Updated: 2021-04-09

Credit: AOSP, Lineage, DU, Crdroid, GrapheneOS

2. WIFI time-out option
    3. Updated kernel

Download in post #3

1. Android r35
    3. Option to forbid all non-TLS (clear text) network connections (in Development)
    4. New kernel

Download in post #3.

2. WIFI time-out option
    3. Updated kernel

Dirty flash is fine on top of a previous release.

Download rom V-7.1
    : here

1. Android r35
    4. New kernel

Could be flashed dirty on a previous release

March 29, New Release V-6.3

1. Fingerrpint should work
    2. Screen off animations
    3. Always On Scheduling

Could be flashed dirty on a previous release

March 26, New Release V-6.2

1. Verizon CDMA support - confirmed.
    2. Check for fingerprint sensor
    3. NFC tile added in Quicksettings

Could be flashed dirty on top of the previous release

March 14, New Release V-6.1

1. Attempt to fix fingerprint (I don't have the device), so, if it still doesn't work. logcat will be needed)

Could be flashed dirty on top of the first release
    March 14 - New release V-6.1

Download in post #3

Keep in mind that my main device is Oneplus 6 and fingerprint works fine. So, it must be a device tree, as opposed to rom problem. If the feature still doesn't work, I'd need a logcat.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone