[CLOSED][ROM][12.1_r22][EOL][OFFICIAL] Evolution X 6.7 [08/14/2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Just seen the update via the system being advertised to me.

Just so I'm clear, can I simply take the update?

Will root be retained?

Anything else I need to know?

This would be the first time I've taken an ota on this phone as I've always gone the full update route.

Cheers.

I see the very first step is be on the latest OOS 11 aka clean flash. I'm currently on Pixel Experience, and want very much to try this out, but I can't find consistent information on how to get back to OOS without having potential issues such as losing the fingerprint functionality (even with backing up persist) when using the msm tool, and there don't seem to be other options out there for the OP8 at this time. This thread seems full of successful installs, however. Is everyone just using this ROM as the first custom ROM on their OP8 or are yall able to successfully reinstall OOS after playing around with various non-OOS ROMs? If the latter, can someone please point me in the right direction? I really don't want to mess up what's relatively "stable" (I mean.... :LOL:) but if there is some method I'm overlooking or if the msm tool really isn't that inconsistent, then I'd feel a lot better and I'm ready to jump over to Evolution today.

Thanks in advance!

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
I see the very first step is be on the latest OOS 11 aka clean flash. I'm currently on Pixel Experience, and want very much to try this out, but I can't find consistent information on how to get back to OOS without having potential issues such as losing the fingerprint functionality (even with backing up persist) when using the msm tool, and there don't seem to be other options out there for the OP8 at this time. This thread seems full of successful installs, however. Is everyone just using this ROM as the first custom ROM on their OP8 or are yall able to successfully reinstall OOS after playing around with various non-OOS ROMs? If the latter, can someone please point me in the right direction? I really don't want to mess up what's relatively "stable" (I mean.... :LOL:) but if there is some method I'm overlooking or if the msm tool really isn't that inconsistent, then I'd feel a lot better and I'm ready to jump over to Evolution today.

Thanks in advance!
I've used msm a lot and it's never let me down. Ever.

You could fastboot flash.. But honestly msm is just easier

Reactions: FreshlyBaked 420

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Hey thanks for this wonderful Rom at first.

One Question:
The Vibration for incoming notifications are so low and its only a short short vibration.
Is there a way to set the Vibrations longer?

Go here and change vibration.

Length cannot be changed but strength can.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210726-204817431.jpg
    Screenshot_20210726-204817431.jpg
    435.7 KB · Views: 60
Go here and change vibration.

Length cannot be changed but strength can.
Found this one before my post but thank you. But incoming notifications are hard to recognized. In Stock Rom was a option to set the vibration for notifications. Okay so i had to live with this. Hope the devs will find a way to Insert a option.

Reactions: dlads

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Just seen the update via the system being advertised to me.

Just so I'm clear, can I simply take the update?

Will root be retained?

Anything else I need to know?

This would be the first time I've taken an ota on this phone as I've always gone the full update route.

Cheers.
Sorry to bump this but has anyone taken the update ota?

Reactions: FreshlyBaked 420

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
So have downloaded that bloody update about 10 times.

I click download and install, it downloads.

I click install then click ok.

It moves back a window and that's it, it will not install.

Edit: just took the time to read the message, says it'll install in the background. Let's see if it does

I think the Rom reboots my 8Plus suddenly.
8+ is for 1 hour display off and locked laying in my car.

After this hour I want to look for the battery drain to compare with the Stock rom > In the settings > accu > there is a gap between 80% till 75% with no battery-graph.
In BetterBatteryStats there is no option to set to "Unplugged" only "since boot".
So i think there was a reboot... Will watch...

Little Review after 24h.
Compare to StockRom (only 5 days use because get this Beautiful Smartphone new):

• Battery drain A11 Stock Rom: 10-11%/h vs. 4-6%/h Evo Rom (with the same Apps) > Think this is very good.
  • Booting time Evo is faster
  • More personalisation settings in Evo-Rom like Themes and fonts....
  • Stock Cam support and dolby atmos (with Magisk Module)

Nothing special for the Evo Rom but for the GCAM:
  • Use Gcam for RAW for the WideLens which is not possible in StockRom with PRO-Mode (i am Hobbyphotographer with DSLR but sometimes i had no DSLR with me)
  • Compare DSLR (Canon 70D with 10-18mm Lens) Raw and Gcam Raw (yes 24MP RAW vs 12MP RAWPixelBinding is very unfair) with my calibrated photomonitor you can hardly see any difference when shot landscape photos.
  • Only zooming 200% then you see difference in noise and sharp > With plugins in Lightroom you can do wonderful pictures with WIDELens RAW.
  • The only thing which is not possible to change the aperture like in DSLR because of Hardware and stop the automatic distortion-correction for the UltraWideLens.

Cons Evo-Rom:
  • Vibration for incoming notification to to short and even with Vibration set to 3 is to low > hardly to recognized if there is a new message
  • some settings are double (in Evolver App and then in the Android settings)

Bugs i found since 24h:
  • Network Speed Display in Notification bar is not showing when a alarm clock is set. I think then there are to many symbols because i use two SimCards > One for privat and one for work Number so then there is no space for NetworkspeedGraph
  • reboot without any trigger > will watch if it happened more often

Sugestions:
  • if it possible > option to show numbers instead of points over the Apps for show new Notification > so i had to use Nova Launcher Prime because i find it better.
  • better vibration / longer vibration for notifications.

But as a summary for the first day with this Rom i like it very much.

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
I think the Rom reboots my 8Plus suddenly.
8+ is for 1 hour display off and locked laying in my car.

After this hour I want to look for the battery drain to compare with the Stock rom > In the settings > accu > there is a gap between 80% till 75% with no battery-graph.
In BetterBatteryStats there is no option to set to "Unplugged" only "since boot".
So i think there was a reboot... Will watch...

Little Review after 24h.
Compare to StockRom (only 5 days use because get this Beautiful Smartphone new):

• Battery drain A11 Stock Rom: 10-11%/h vs. 4-6%/h Evo Rom (with the same Apps) > Think this is very good.
  • Booting time Evo is faster
  • More personalisation settings in Evo-Rom like Themes and fonts....
  • Stock Cam support and dolby atmos (with Magisk Module)

Nothing special for the Evo Rom but for the GCAM:
  • Use Gcam for RAW for the WideLens which is not possible in StockRom with PRO-Mode (i am Hobbyphotographer with DSLR but sometimes i had no DSLR with me)
  • Compare DSLR (Canon 70D with 10-18mm Lens) Raw and Gcam Raw (yes 24MP RAW vs 12MP RAWPixelBinding is very unfair) with my calibrated photomonitor you can hardly see any difference when shot landscape photos.
  • Only zooming 200% then you see difference in noise and sharp > With plugins in Lightroom you can do wonderful pictures with WIDELens RAW.
  • The only thing which is not possible to change the aperture like in DSLR because of Hardware and stop the automatic distortion-correction for the UltraWideLens.

Cons Evo-Rom:
  • Vibration for incoming notification to to short and even with Vibration set to 3 is to low > hardly to recognized if there is a new message
  • some settings are double (in Evolver App and then in the Android settings)

Bugs i found since 24h:
  • Network Speed Display in Notification bar is not showing when a alarm clock is set. I think then there are to many symbols because i use two SimCards > One for privat and one for work Number so then there is no space for NetworkspeedGraph
  • reboot without any trigger > will watch if it happened more often

Sugestions:
  • if it possible > option to show numbers instead of points over the Apps for show new Notification > so i had to use Nova Launcher Prime because i find it better.
  • better vibration / longer vibration for notifications.

But as a summary for the first day with this Rom i like it very much.

HAven't had a random reboot of any kind, have tested this ROM very thoroughly and personally i cannot fault it.

It's probably the most complete ROM i've used in many years.

I can't thank the dev enough.

OOS camera does superbly an yea if you want a DSLR then use a DSLR, that being said, my astrophotograhy photos with the 8 pro are actually very very good.

Numbers / points: afaik this is launcher dependent

Vibration can be changed in settings under Device Extras at the bottom.

Battery drain: i lose about 2% overnight, trying to get it to 0%

I'd do a clean install, you shouldn't be getting random reboots.

Did you install a custom kernel?

HAven't had a random reboot of any kind, have tested this ROM very thoroughly and personally i cannot fault it.

It's probably the most complete ROM i've used in many years.

I can't thank the dev enough.

OOS camera does superbly an yea if you want a DSLR then use a DSLR, that being said, my astrophotograhy photos with the 8 pro are actually very very good.

Numbers / points: afaik this is launcher dependent

Vibration can be changed in settings under Device Extras at the bottom.

Battery drain: i lose about 2% overnight, trying to get it to 0%

I'd do a clean install, you shouldn't be getting random reboots.

Did you install a custom kernel?
DSLR > You misunderstood me a little bit i think > The photos with GCAM in RAW are very very good in compare to a real DSLR.
When i am at home today i can upload two photos here to compare > settings in Lightroom to the same level and it is hardly to decide which photo is from DSLR and which from 8+.
Did a test also on my Instagram account for my followers and many many people dont see any difference or guess the right system which made the photo.

The only thing i missed in Stock-Cam is Shoot RAW-Files with UltraWideLens.
So i use GCAM for this.
I dont like the automatice picture edit from Smartphone Jpeg photos. (also i dont like this on DSLR) because of the over-processing from skies, gras and so on. Its so unreal green and blue colors. And Raw give me the abillity to edit without destruction.

Astrophotos i shoot with my DSLR because of stacking 100+ photos but this is to offtopic here ;) But will test Gcam Astro-Mode in the next days to see what can the Smartphone do ;)

Yes i now that it is launcher dependent > It is only a personal suggestion. if it possible fine when not also fine ;) I use the Nova Launcher since it was build.

Vibration > I said a post above > Yes it is set to 3 in the Device Extras but it is in compare to StockRom to short and to low.

Battery drain > yes will see the next days > was only my mention after 24h use i think the battery drain is definitely better to OOS.

I do a clean install with the last official and then install the OTA. After that i root and installed my personal apps. I dont use custom kernel. Will see if the reboot was only a "one-happened" thing.

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
DSLR > You misunderstood me a little bit i think > The photos with GCAM in RAW are very very good in compare to a real DSLR.
When i am at home today i can upload two photos here to compare > settings in Lightroom to the same level and it is hardly to decide which photo is from DSLR and which from 8+.
Did a test also on my Instagram account for my followers and many many people dont see any difference or guess the right system which made the photo.

The only thing i missed in Stock-Cam is Shoot RAW-Files with UltraWideLens.
So i use GCAM for this.
I dont like the automatice picture edit from Smartphone Jpeg photos. (also i dont like this on DSLR) because of the over-processing from skies, gras and so on. Its so unreal green and blue colors. And Raw give me the abillity to edit without destruction.

Astrophotos i shoot with my DSLR because of stacking 100+ photos but this is to offtopic here ;) But will test Gcam Astro-Mode in the next days to see what can the Smartphone do ;)

Yes i now that it is launcher dependent > It is only a personal suggestion. if it possible fine when not also fine ;) I use the Nova Launcher since it was build.

Vibration > I said a post above > Yes it is set to 3 in the Device Extras but it is in compare to StockRom to short and to low.

Battery drain > yes will see the next days > was only my mention after 24h use i think the battery drain is definitely better to OOS.

I do a clean install with the last official and then install the OTA. After that i root and installed my personal apps. I dont use custom kernel. Will see if the reboot was only a "one-happened" thing.
Wide works just disable as per the image.

But compared to a DSLR, I'm sorry but there is no comparison and there never will be.

Unless you've got some budget camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts