• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][11.0_r39][OFFICIAL] Evolution X 5.9 - Immortal [07/29/2021]

Search This thread

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8 Pro
Im going to have to jump ship back to OOS, honestly the lack of camera support is just pitiful, plus no one is prepared to delve into it (or even try)

If standard 30fps video and stills are your thing then yea carry on. But anything more?? NO you're totally screwed.

Everything else with this ROM is 100% superior.

But i cannot stick with it.

Hope you all enjoy the future updates (apparently i had one?) (I didn't it's a false update i'm on the latest?)

Either way, laters and i guess unless things change i won't be back.

Looks like pixel for me moving forward.

• Haha
Reactions: HotWingsAndBeer

janitor9

Jan 12, 2014
Im going to have to jump ship back to OOS, honestly the lack of camera support is just pitiful, plus no one is prepared to delve into it (or even try)

If standard 30fps video and stills are your thing then yea carry on. But anything more?? NO you're totally screwed.

Hope you all enjoy the future updates (apparently i had one?) (I didn't it's a false update i'm on the latest?)

I know that you have lots of guides here and there,but what is the best way to get OOS back? Flashing stock boot img.? I don`t have to change rom but just asking...;)

Philippe.47

Jan 11, 2021
hi ,how is your iddle battery drain in this rom ,mine seems to be quite high with 1% per hour in idle drain ,anybody can help me with reducing it ?

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8 Pro
I know that you have lots of guides here and there,but what is the best way to get OOS back? Flashing stock boot img.? I don`t have to change rom but just asking...;)

Hey,

So I've not had to, the quickest and easiest would be to go MSM I guess, you'd need to back up your data though, then re-unlock your bootloader.

I'm switching back today myself, so if there's an easier way I'll let you know.

Reactions: janitor9

rodbacon

Jan 15, 2007
Perth
OnePlus 8 Pro

The manufacturer doesn't allow 3rd party apps to access the advanced features of the camera.

nikc0069

Jul 6, 2006
Brighton & Hove
OnePlus 8 Pro

What was the issue? 4k 60 on bsg gcam works fine. Also there is work happening on an oos cam port

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8 Pro
What was the issue? 4k 60 on bsg gcam works fine. Also there is work happening on an oos cam port
It's more me than anything, I tried to use slow motion to capture one of my dogs jumping through the air to catch a ball and it didn't work.

Also using the 48MP doesn't work, the photocrom (albeit a novelty) doesn't work.

Video isn't as stable as OOS, editing and sharing isn't as smooth or stable.

Focusing and moving through different cameras is relatively seamless on OOS, if you change lens on gcam it will quit your video meaning you have to choose a starting point that accommodates your proposed zoom.

Also there was a few other things that just got on my nerves.

Same thing happened on my Evo 3D, the stock OS was crap but it had the 3D capability, custom ROMs could never get it working, but the OS was superior, I can choose what id prefer over the other but I'll always be looking back.

Already I'm missing the Evo X ROM, the CRT animation and theming capabilities.

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8 Pro
Sorry it looks like I'm having a moan at this ROM, or indeed the people capable of porting the OOS camera, I'm really not.

The ROMs a beast, it's just the way my head works, I always seem to look over the fence to what I had or might have.

Also I'd never rush, ridicule or put down the Devs, they work hard and do something I can't

Last edited:

Agimax

Nov 17, 2009
Indianapolis
Slow/Dirty EvoX Fingerprint Recognition Solution:

I almost left this ROM due to the bad/slow/dirty fingerprint reading i was experiencing that i didn't have on OOS stock. I have finally figure out why and corrected the issue by flashing a backup copy of my persist.img i had from OOS OB4 then deleting the fingerprints and then adding them back. The fingerprint recognition is super fast, and never complains now!

Method:

In ADB Shell, enter this command to backup a current copy of the Persist partition (just to be safe)
Code:
dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/persist of=/sdcard/persist_EvoX.img

Move that from your SD card to a safe storage place.

Note: If you don't have a good persist backup, flash back to STOCK OOS that the fingerprint works good with and use the method above to save a good copy of persist.

Now restore your good Persist image you made or already had from OOS 11:

While on EvolutionX ROM using fastbootd (you MUST be in fastboot D):
Code:
fastboot flash persist persist_backup.img

Just reboot after flashing, then delete your fingerprints and re-add them back.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts