• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][11.0_r39][OFFICIAL] Evolution X 5.9 - Immortal [07/29/2021]

Search This thread

Agimax

Nov 17, 2009
Indianapolis
Last edited:

rodbacon

Jan 15, 2007
Perth
OnePlus 8 Pro
Guys, I've just noticed that I can't get spotify to play via Android Auto (the controls indicate that the track is playing, but no audio is heard). I've tried in 2 different cars where it's always worked before I flashed this ROM. Are there any other AA users here who can confirm?

rodbacon

Jan 15, 2007
Perth
OnePlus 8 Pro
For a good Camera:

I finally found a good Camera replacement with all 3 lenses working on this ROM. Slow motion and just about everything else I've tested seems to work.

From BSG:

Camera:

You Must use this config file:

Installed camera and used the config file. Seems OK, but still not as many features as Pixtica from what I can see.

rodbacon

Jan 15, 2007
Perth
OnePlus 8 Pro
There was no option to install the latest 5.8 version via OTA (at least not at the time of writing), so I downloaded and flashed manually. Looks OK so far, including June security updates. Will report back anything else I discover.

Last edited:

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8 Pro
For a good Camera:

I finally found a good Camera replacement with all 3 lenses working on this ROM. Slow motion and just about everything else I've tested seems to work.

From BSG:

Camera:

You Must use this config file:

Aye, good for stills and videos, but slow motion and 48MP, I couldn't get that toenrkk right, I tried everything available

Agimax

Nov 17, 2009
Indianapolis
Aye, good for stills and videos, but slow motion and 48MP, I couldn't get that toenrkk right, I tried everything available

It's because it appears the hardware is not able to record at the highest 48MP mode in more than 720p. OnePlus software must be doing tricks to make it appear as 4K in slowmo if you say it can do it. I've never tried it in OOS so i really cant speak to that fact. I looked at articles after i was unable to force slow-motion at 4k or even 2K (with the BSG app), but then found real-world tests in articles on the internet using Stock OOS couldn't truly do it either, so it's not the camera app/software's fault -just a camera sensor/hardware limitation.

OnePlus8Pro.jpg

Here is the article link: https://www.hispeedcams.com/oneplus-8-slow-motion-is-pegged-at-480fps/

I also was able to tweak the camera slow-mo settings better and bump up the quality bits to 50Mbit recording stream.
BSG Camera: Settings-->Stream Configs Slow-mo-->Camcorder Profile-->videoBitRate

It still isn't that great for slow-mo, but again a hardware limitation. You have to back down to 240fps for 1080p and anything more must use 720p. The 4K recording is awesome quality, but sadly as you stated no Slow-mo. If you are doing it on the stock OOS, it has to be stitching together images or doing enhancements or something since the sensor hardware can't do it.

It appears most phones now just record at 60-120fps and then cut-down the frames in software to achieve the same slow-mo thing. So might as well record at full 4K at 60 fps for great quality and use software to make it slow-mo.

Just FYI, Oneplus 9 has the same issue and complaints: https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/how-to-record-4k-120-fps-slow-motion-video.1415150/

Last edited:
Reactions: ps000000 and zement

dominicstg2

Feb 23, 2013

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8 Pro
It's because it appears the hardware is not able to record at the highest 48MP mode in more than 720p. OnePlus software must be doing tricks to make it appear as 4K in slowmo if you say it can do it. I've never tried it in OOS so i really cant speak to that fact. I looked at articles after i was unable to force slow-motion at 4k or even 2K (with the BSG app), but then found real-world tests in articles on the internet using Stock OOS couldn't truly do it either, so it's not the camera app/software's fault -just a camera sensor/hardware limitation.

View attachment 5334783

Here is the article link: https://www.hispeedcams.com/oneplus-8-slow-motion-is-pegged-at-480fps/

I also was able to tweak the camera slow-mo settings better and bump up the quality bits to 50Mbit recording stream.
BSG Camera: Settings-->Stream Configs Slow-mo-->Camcorder Profile-->videoBitRate

It still isn't that great for slow-mo, but again a hardware limitation. You have to back down to 240fps for 1080p and anything more must use 720p. The 4K recording is awesome quality, but sadly as you stated no Slow-mo. If you are doing it on the stock OOS, it has to be stitching together images or doing enhancements or something since the sensor hardware can't do it.

It appears most phones now just record at 60-120fps and then cut-down the frames in software to achieve the same slow-mo thing. So might as well record at full 4K at 60 fps for great quality and use software to make it slow-mo.

Just FYI, Oneplus 9 has the same issue and complaints: https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/how-to-record-4k-120-fps-slow-motion-video.1415150/
I don't know what's doing it, and honestly I don't mind what's doing it.

For me, sitting there and trying to use a feature I had, that others do have will make me look over the fence, I explained this in previous posts.

Can I rationalize not switching back?

Of course, I can find benefits in both ROMs.

Bottom line for me is the camera, but also some bits that you don't see or normally use but you will miss.

For the time being at least I'm sticking with OOS.

To be clear, Evo X is a phenomenal ROM, that was never in doubt, mainly just th camera

I tested all of the gcam and Nokia and other camera APK's plus some third party stand alone apps, none of the software came close, stills were awesome, no doubt about it, video was adequate, the rest was lacking.

Anyway.......

Happy Friday👍😂

Reactions: Agimax

Imprezzion

Dec 12, 2011
Gorredijk
OnePlus 8 Pro
And since I barely ever use my camera for anything else then taking a pic of my car during a build log or to memorize where a specific wire, plug or bolt went I can get around with GCam just fine luckily.

I tried every single custom ROM there is for the OP8P and all of them had some weird "problem" I couldn't fix and most of the time other people couldn't even reproduce it while I could flash after flash but I blame myself / my specific phone lol.

OOS works fine but it's boring. Very boring. So I am going back to this again. Hopefully this time Google Assistant will actually work and the AOD FP touch after unlock issue will not be present here

Agimax

Nov 17, 2009
Indianapolis
. Hopefully this time Google Assistant will actually work and the AOD FP touch after unlock issue will not be present here
I found what was causing bad FP unlock for me on this rom and explained the fix here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...5-8-built-in-06-10-2021.4276623/post-85155117

Strangely enough -this June 10th update didn't need a persist restore as the other versions did.

Also, using light yellow fingerprint color and miui default animation seems to help. It unlocks very fast for me now everytime without errors.

Reactions: AnierinB and Rcon7

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8 Pro
And since I barely ever use my camera for anything else then taking a pic of my car during a build log or to memorize where a specific wire, plug or bolt went I can get around with GCam just fine luckily.

I tried every single custom ROM there is for the OP8P and all of them had some weird "problem" I couldn't fix and most of the time other people couldn't even reproduce it while I could flash after flash but I blame myself / my specific phone lol.

OOS works fine but it's boring. Very boring. So I am going back to this again. Hopefully this time Google Assistant will actually work and the AOD FP touch after unlock issue will not be present here
Aye and for most times i.m the same, but on occasion I like doing something different.

Which begins to bug me, hence the change

nono77240

Mar 18, 2011
OnePlus 8
Installed yesterday, very nice and smooth ROM.
A lot of customizations.
Unfortunaltely, I have Windevine L3 status on Netflix.
Someone has an idea?
i already asked on the TG but no answer so far.
Apprently I'm the only one

Top Liked Posts