• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][11.0_r39][OFFICIAL] Evolution X 5.9 - Immortal [07/29/2021]

Search This thread

nyzoli72

Mar 6, 2015
Budapest
OnePlus 8 Pro
For me it didnt even start installing. I got a similar error (dont remeber the exact one) like "error applying update 7 kinstalldeviceopenerror " and it failed. But i didnt actually start the phone.

Tried with the recovery mentioned in this thread and also with LOS latest recovery, gor similar error. so went with the payload method.
If the process succeeds the output will stop at 47% and report adb: failed to read command: Success/No error.

Morgs___

Jan 7, 2018
Flashed and rooted without an ounce of trouble, and been letting it play out and get settled, see if any quirks iron themselves out. So far a bloody amazing ROM, makes Oxygen feel so bland in comparison.

Main issues at the moment are:

- Occasionally when tabbing back into Discord the speed of the phone tanks. single digit refresh rates and several second delays in tapping anything. Closing it through the Recents list fixes it.
EDIT: Now this just stopped doing it by itself and I have no clue how or why unfortunately.

- One of my apps (namely Fire Emblem: Heroes) just refuses to actually load now. I know it used to have an issue with Magisk but even then, MHide always worked. Has that changed in recent months? -
EDIT: Changing the devices fingerprint using the Magisk module to the standard OP8 Pro fixed it, guess FEH has some unusual check to see if the phone can run it?

- Custom Header doesn't appear to let me actually use a custom image. Every time I select one it just blanks and returns to the image selection menu. Does it have to be a specific resolution/file size first?

Thanks in advance and looking forward to further Evo updates!

Last edited:

Yeetmeaway

Apr 4, 2021
After installing this rom, is widevine still level 1? I'm rooted on OOS 11 with a custom ROM and still have L1. Thinking of installing this rom but I don't want to lose L1
Some phones will switch to L1, some will switch to L3. Depends on luck.

However, even if you obtain L3 at the inital flash, when you install an OTA update you will have L1 restored. Worst case senario you can use MSM tool to restore to stock OOS.

Agimax

Nov 17, 2009
Indianapolis
I kept Widevine 1, with magisk hide and hiding the magisk app. I had also restored my persist.img from a Open beta 11 v4. No problems.

Screenshot_20210619-212756749.jpg

AnierinB

Recognized Developer
OnePlus Camera & Dolby PUBILC TEST BUILDS:

Instantnoodle: (8):

Instantnoodlep (8Pro):

Kebab (8T):

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts