• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11.0_r43][OFFICIAL] Evolution X 5.9.2 - Sanctuary [09/10/2021]

Search This thread

5ud0

Feb 15, 2012
OnePlus 8T
Haven't really changed much tbh your apps make the biggest difference.

I lower the top cpu speeds on each cluster, lower the GPU by one and make the small cluster go to 300.

Then disable zram.

That's it mate.
I agree that apps make difference, but even Battery usage doesn't show anything out of order. I kept flashing left and right on my device after just seeing it for a day. I will just let it settle for couple of days this time with your underclock settings and see.
if I can get the phone get by a day, that's enough for me :D

Thanks!

Reactions: dladz

Imprezzion

Dec 12, 2011
Gorredijk
OnePlus 8 Pro
I agree that apps make difference, but even Battery usage doesn't show anything out of order. I kept flashing left and right on my device after just seeing it for a day. I will just let it settle for couple of days this time with your underclock settings and see.
if I can get the phone get by a day, that's enough for me :D

Thanks!

I'm happy if I get 5.5hrs SOT on either this (I ran EvoX 5.8 + radioactive kernel for a while) or OOS.. I think my battery isn't all that healthy anymore.. I always charged it every night on full warp and without advanced charging so I think my battery took a big hit from that.

I might try to switch from OOS back to custom (preferably this) seeing all this positive feedback.

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
I'm happy if I get 5.5hrs SOT on either this (I ran EvoX 5.8 + radioactive kernel for a while) or OOS.. I think my battery isn't all that healthy anymore.. I always charged it every night on full warp and without advanced charging so I think my battery took a big hit from that.

I might try to switch from OOS back to custom (preferably this) seeing all this positive feedback.
Yep have always advised to never charge overnight.

I never have, it's not a case of will it impact your battery but when..

To be honest, if you system is running as it should then you should only be losing 1-3% overnight anyway.

Couple that work warp charging and it soon becomes clear that you don't need to charge overnight.

Least that's my philosophy.

Imprezzion

Dec 12, 2011
Gorredijk
OnePlus 8 Pro
Yep have always advised to never charge overnight.

I never have, it's not a case of will it impact your battery but when..

To be honest, if you system is running as it should then you should only be losing 1-3% overnight anyway.

Couple that work warp charging and it soon becomes clear that you don't need to charge overnight.

Least that's my philosophy.

Usually my phone'd be at 20% end of the day so I would just charge overnight and use it again next day lol. I should've known better, that also broke the battery in my old Note 9.

Oh well, I'll be getting a Pixel 6 Pro when it releases anyway so. If this OP8Pro will last me till then it's fine.

Alecjasonn

Jul 6, 2015
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 8 Pro
Also wanted to mention.

The battery compared to comparable ROMs on both 10 and 11 both custom and stock.

I'm heading for around 9-10 hours screen on time and I've been hammering my phone. Lot of remote viewing on my PC during my working day when I need to monitor my PC but need to step away.

I haven't held back on what I've needed to use my phone for.

5G
WiFi
BT
NFC
Location for WhatsApp for nearly an hour.

2 emails, 2 Twitter accounts, telegram, WhatsApp, calls.

I did reduce the GPU Max clock and have lowered all cpu caps to one step down and 300Mhz for the small cluster, zram off.

But I'm impressed with it. If I streamlined my apps I think I could probably break 11 hours SOT easily, so kudos for this man..

Absolutely stellar work @AnierinB rapid yet efficient ROM, OOS cam, everything works perfectly, screen mirroring, Bluetooth, GPS, CRT off animation ;)

What more could you need from a ROM?

27 hours charge
5 hours 32 with 32% left.

👍
I get pretty bad battery life on this rom, and I can't figure out why. I don't have any mods other than basics like BusyBox, magisk hide, etc. Android system takes a significant portion of my battery life. I use dexopt through adb to make sure apps are optimized, because sometimes I don't satisfy the conditions and let it sit there without touching it or moving it.

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
I get pretty bad battery life on this rom, and I can't figure out why. I don't have any mods other than basics like BusyBox, magisk hide, etc. Android system takes a significant portion of my battery life. I use dexopt through adb to make sure apps are optimized, because sometimes I don't satisfy the conditions and let it sit there without touching it or moving it.
It'll be your apps mate..

Don't charge overnight, lower your top cpu speeds, disable zram, lower your small clusters minimum to 300, maybe even disable 5G, then you should be alright..

I don't bother removing apps completely anymore if they're bloat, I just disable them.

I'm quite a light user normally but I can burn through my battery in a day depending on what I'm doing, but if it's just messaging, calls, emails, socials etc then it'll last a couple of days easily. 8+ SOT.

Alecjasonn

Jul 6, 2015
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 8 Pro
Also wanted to mention.

The battery compared to comparable ROMs on both 10 and 11 both custom and stock.

I'm heading for around 9-10 hours screen on time and I've been hammering my phone. Lot of remote viewing on my PC during my working day when I need to monitor my PC but need to step away.

I haven't held back on what I've needed to use my phone for.

5G
WiFi
BT
NFC
Location for WhatsApp for nearly an hour.

2 emails, 2 Twitter accounts, telegram, WhatsApp, calls.

I did reduce the GPU Max clock and have lowered all cpu caps to one step down and 300Mhz for the small cluster, zram off.

But I'm impressed with it. If I streamlined my apps I think I could probably break 11 hours SOT easily, so kudos for this man..

Absolutely stellar work @AnierinB rapid yet efficient ROM, OOS cam, everything works perfectly, screen mirroring, Bluetooth, GPS, CRT off animation ;)

What more could you need from a ROM?

27 hours charge
5 hours 32 with 32% left.

👍
It'll be your apps mate..

Don't charge overnight, lower your top cpu speeds, disable zram, lower your small clusters minimum to 300, maybe even disable 5G, then you should be alright..

I don't bother removing apps completely anymore if they're bloat, I just disable them.

I'm quite a light user normally but I can burn through my battery in a day depending on what I'm doing, but if it's just messaging, calls, emails, socials etc then it'll last a couple of days easily. 8+ SOT.
Honestly, I'm doing/have done all of that already. Maybe I just need to use it for a few days and see if this update improves everything. Just got the OTA last night

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210723-090602303.jpg
    Screenshot_20210723-090602303.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 84
Reactions: MariusKv

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
@AnierinB

Have you managed to get the wide angle to work in any way?

Have to say it's the one lens I tend to use most the time..

Not asking for an ETA, just the status of it?

Can't say how grateful I am for the work done on OOS, just that the wide angle for me is it's crown jewel.

Cheers and still loving the ROM, flawless 👍

5ud0

Feb 15, 2012
OnePlus 8T
@AnierinB

Have you managed to get the wide angle to work in any way?

Have to say it's the one lens I tend to use most the time..

Not asking for an ETA, just the status of it?

Can't say how grateful I am for the work done on OOS, just that the wide angle for me is it's crown jewel.

Cheers and still loving the ROM, flawless 👍

Wide angle works if you disable wide angle lens correction in the settings.

Top Liked Posts