• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11.0_r43][OFFICIAL] Evolution X 5.9.2 - Sanctuary [09/10/2021]

Search This thread

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
I have vibration for messages and for alarm (today in the morning woke up with br br br br ;) ) but equal i set for example in Whatsapp the notification to "Long" its only a very very very short vibrate for all incoming messages.
The only what i found was with the EVO settings + Franco settings > the vibrations is stronger.

I think there is a bug in the notifications - vibrations start. So the vibrations-engine get a start flag but there is no time-flag how long... so it start only a 1ms vibrate.

Yep but even feedback from touches aren't registered.

Either way it's not right.

Reactions: Andyxmas
Hm the question is if there is a solution from the devs?
Send this question in the telegram group but no response..
So we have to live with that till it will sort out what the problem is.
Does not matter if stock-kernel or custom kernel so i think its a rom problem.

----
Have a little other bug which i dont understand:
Smartphone is in a locker during worktime > no network (okay thats normal) because its metal-locker
After i put it out the locker > Network is instant there (4G full signal on both sim-cards) > but no mobile data >
Found it only out because use my smartphone always as hotspot for my android car-headunit.
but car-headunit said > No internet-connection.
Switch for Mobile Data is on in the sim-card-settings.
first i thought it was a problem with my headunit > but then i saw that a message not sent till i start driving.

Bug solution
first solution:
wait until 10-15min (think its the Handover between two cells when i move) then sometimes the little x get off and i have mobile data but not always happened.
First time i drive home 25km with no internet.
so its not a good solution.

second solution found out last friday:
Switch off mobile Data > Switch on Mobile data > instant Network with mobile data

---

Reactions: digitalmorphinex

digitalmorphinex

Oct 11, 2011
New York
OnePlus 8T
Hm the question is if there is a solution from the devs?
Send this question in the telegram group but no response..
So we have to live with that till it will sort out what the problem is.
Does not matter if stock-kernel or custom kernel so i think its a rom problem.

----
Have a little other bug which i dont understand:
Smartphone is in a locker during worktime > no network (okay thats normal) because its metal-locker
After i put it out the locker > Network is instant there (4G full signal on both sim-cards) > but no mobile data >
Found it only out because use my smartphone always as hotspot for my android car-headunit.
but car-headunit said > No internet-connection.
Switch for Mobile Data is on in the sim-card-settings.
first i thought it was a problem with my headunit > but then i saw that a message not sent till i start driving.

Bug solution
first solution:
wait until 10-15min (think its the Handover between two cells when i move) then sometimes the little x get off and i have mobile data but not always happened.
First time i drive home 25km with no internet.
so its not a good solution.

second solution found out last friday:
Switch off mobile Data > Switch on Mobile data > instant Network with mobile data

---
Notice this too as I put my phone on my metal locker at work too. Only get data back if you toggle data off and back on again..

Notice this too as I put my phone on my metal locker at work too. Only get data back if you toggle data off and back on again..
Have you also a huge drain battery within the time when your phone is in the locker?
Saw it on gsam battery monitor (betterbatterystats also).
And on the battery monitor from system there are timelines where no data collected. (thought at first that the phone reboot itself but it is not reboot. only no data from battery in this time.)

digitalmorphinex

Oct 11, 2011
New York
OnePlus 8T
Have you also a huge drain battery within the time when your phone is in the locker?
And on the battery monitor from system there are timelines where no data collected. (thought at first that the phone reboot itself but it is not reboot. only no data from battery in this time.)
Not sure. I use radioactive kernel and it def helps with battery.

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
It's possible that this is the device attempting to acquire a connection, this is predominant when you've got a signal but it's weak, all phones do this, if you're ever stuck in a lift or you're out in the sticks with a weak signal you'll notice this

It'll push more power to the radio in an attempt to get a greater signal, which is great as you'll be able to have calls and such without loss of service, the downside is that you'll burn more juice this way, you can see this in action by monitoring the dB in radio stats.

Having a great signal (strength + location) would be the most battery friendly situation to be in, but that's not always possible even in 2021.

Also to your previous issue. When I collect my bike from the basement exit in work I lose signal but it does connect almost straight away as soon as I'm out the vehicle lift? I did have issues with OOS doing this but as you said a mobile data cycle and you're back in business.

Perhaps your issue is due the time you've been out of signal, I think there may be a dormancy time that if the threshold is breached then it reduces the check in time for a signal, maybe 20-30 minutes then it'll check much less frequently, perhaps 1-1.30 minutes.

This is similar to how often your device checks for calls / texts etc, it's dormancy period iirc.

That's why when you call someone it sometimes rings immediately and other times it's a few seconds. The dormancy period for calls is around 5-8 seconds repeated if memory serves, which is why Viber and Skype used to munch battery, they were checking every second or more.

Worst case scenario for a device is if it just catches a signal every now and then and attempts to maintain it, your phone will push to keep it and thus murder your battery life, not a lot you can do about it tbh.

My advice is if you're not going to be using your phone and it's going to be in a low signal area / environment, just go in airplane mode, you won't miss anything and your battery will be the same as you left it.

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
One thing i would use and miss, is the list view animations, completely useless but it's pretty and makes your phone look like it's alive.

I think if CRT animations are a part of this, the list view should be a doddle.

Also theres a bunch of other screen off animations that were available over the years, the vertu one, the sammy one and i think the LG one :)

Always a good sign of a thread when the complaints have died down to a minimum and adding features becomes the main topic :)

My battery dont know whats the Problem is:
Battery died from 6 Till yet. Not use it...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210802-123142_GSam_Battery_Monitor.png
    Screenshot_20210802-123142_GSam_Battery_Monitor.png
    99.6 KB · Views: 55

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
Anyone looking at audio and thinking it could do with a boost, give this a shot.

I enabled everything besides call volume on the mic.

It's a lot louder. Much better quality.

Top Liked Posts