• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11.0_r43][OFFICIAL] Evolution X 5.9.2 - Sanctuary [09/10/2021]

Search This thread

Lycidias

Jan 17, 2013
Sony Xperia Tablet Z
OnePlus 8 Pro
At this point I've done about 3 dirty updates via system update. So I'd be heading for a clean install anyway.

I have no emulators set up and thanks to @AnierinB Google photos is unlimited, so I don't have a risk really.

I'd always stick with the latest firmware as it could potentially affect more than just the OS iirc it was a requirement in the past for custom ROMs or issues could ensue.

I'd be updating, nuking the OS then going Evo X via twrp..I'll defo make a guide, step by step, hopefully itll cover more than just Evo so others can use it.

Right now Evo had me coveted, I have about 2-3 issues but not deal breakers. Battery also could definitely be improved.

Overall though its a stellar ROM.
Your time has come: https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oxygenos-11-0-9-9-for-the-oneplus-8-and-oneplus-8-pro.1510769/

☺️

Reactions: dladz

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
Reactions: Lycidias

ewong3

May 28, 2015
At this point I've done about 3 dirty updates via system update. So I'd be heading for a clean install anyway.

I have no emulators set up and thanks to @AnierinB Google photos is unlimited, so I don't have a risk really.

I'd always stick with the latest firmware as it could potentially affect more than just the OS iirc it was a requirement in the past for custom ROMs or issues could ensue.

I'd be updating, nuking the OS then going Evo X via twrp..I'll defo make a guide, step by step, hopefully itll cover more than just Evo so others can use it.

Right now Evo had me coveted, I have about 2-3 issues but not deal breakers. Battery also could definitely be improved.

Overall though its a stellar ROM.
would be great if you could incorporate in the instructions firmware updates too... like they do in LOS...

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
Have noticed of late that battery is shocking.

The location just pops up almost constantly... I'm convinced it's Google, would love to de Google this ROM and see how it goes, I'm sure from a functionality perspective it'll be absolutely pants but the battery life would be spot on.

I popped the battery saver on last night when I was at my pc and I lost 0% overnight.

So what the hell is happening when it's not on? If it's idling then it shouldn't be pummelling the battery.

stykuuuu

May 26, 2021
Poland
Hi all, i have a big problem regarding a game, in the days everythings worked fine till today, an app needed to update from play store, i did the update, and now the game doesnt start - app is crashing and i dont know what causes it...when i gone to the previous version the game starts normally but in game i am forced to update thru play store and its the same - game crashing before start. Can someone look at this log? Somehow i managed to click fast to get it cause the dialog window almost every time disappears very quickly.

Big thanks in advance.

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
Hi all, i have a big problem regarding a game, in the days everythings worked fine till today, an app needed to update from play store, i did the update, and now the game doesnt start - app is crashing and i dont know what causes it...when i gone to the previous version the game starts normally but in game i am forced to update thru play store and its the same - game crashing before start. Can someone look at this log? Somehow i managed to click fast to get it cause the dialog window almost every time disappears very quickly.

Big thanks in advance.

Assuming this is not ROM related mate.

What did you update?

Have you reinstalled the game?

Have all permissions been provided?

I highly doubt anyone will explore logs to determine the issue, but that's me.

From what you've said it would appear that the app you updated has caused this, not the ROM

stykuuuu

May 26, 2021
Poland
I updated the game through play store today, and with this update i have a problem :(
I tried rebooting, clearing cache etc reinstalled the game through external links, but that didnt help. When i go back to 4.0 ver it works, but i cant play - app needs to update.
Tried on other phones and it works there without any issues..in logs it says about java denied something but i dont know what it may be related, tried almost everything, reinstalled google play services, store etc, didnt help, but on other older phones MI5x, mi9 the game works pretty well, im so sad :(

I created other user on my phone, everything fresh and it didnt work either :/

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
I updated the game through play store today, and with this update i have a problem :(
I tried rebooting, clearing cache etc reinstalled the game through external links, but that didnt help. When i go back to 4.0 ver it works, but i cant play - app needs to update.
Tried on other phones and it works there without any issues..in logs it says about java denied something but i dont know what it may be related, tried almost everything, reinstalled google play services, store etc, didnt help, but on other older phones MI5x, mi9 the game works pretty well, im so sad :(

I created other user on my phone, everything fresh and it didnt work either :/
Do you have an ad blocker installed?

Disable it, reboot and retest

stykuuuu

May 26, 2021
Poland
No ad block :(
This game is FF WOTV. Its a big sad that after the update somethings getting in the way, i reported this to the support and they didnt do anything as they say its a rom related issue :( no one on the google has something similar to me. Game is crashing after clicking an icon.

I cant think of any other options/apk that would restrict me to play this game, every actualization made, everythings up to date, didnt change anythings, just dpi, themes etc.

Its a big weird, as its working on other phones. What is this java thing that keep denying something? I have magisk, magisk hide for banking and thats all, no ad block.

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
No ad block :(
This game is FF WOTV. Its a big sad that after the update somethings getting in the way, i reported this to the support and they didnt do anything as they say its a rom related issue :( no one on the google has something similar to me. Game is crashing after clicking an icon.

I cant think of any other options/apk that would restrict me to play this game, every actualization made, everythings up to date, didnt change anythings, just dpi, themes etc.

Its a big weird, as its working on other phones. What is this java thing that keep denying something? I have magisk, magisk hide for banking and thats all, no ad block.
Honestly no idea mate... Personally I can't see this changing, but if it worked then an app you updated caused it then it must be that app.

I've not had a single issue with this ROM in regards to functionality of apps.

WhatsApp when taking pics within the app, sometimes it fails.. sometimes it works, but I think that's just due to the OOS camera being imported..

Anyway....

If you've installed the game from the play store then it should be up to date already... Java being denied could be a permission issue, have you removed cookies having the ability to be used in your browser?

I dunno bud, im out of ideas, I'd perhaps clean flash the ROM and go from there.

Make sure you turn off automatic updates...when you do install new ones read what it's changing

I'll test the game now to see if i have the same issue (so long as it's free)

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
It's it this one?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211020-185538_Google_Play_Store.png
    Screenshot_20211020-185538_Google_Play_Store.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 49

stykuuuu

May 26, 2021
Poland
But BIG thanks for downloading and testing :) now i know i wont make clean install as i would lose everything and that wouldnt help me hehe, but really BIG thanks mate!!

Reactions: dladz

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
But BIG thanks for downloading and testing :) now i know i wont make clean install as i would lose everything and that wouldnt help me hehe, but really BIG thanks mate!!
No worries mate, I left a review.

PS: there's a button for thanks pal ;)

Hope you get it sorted, if it meant that much to me I'd clean install the ROM, turn off automatic updates, get it working then monitor anything I changed just in case.

Also make sure Magisk is actually hidden, you can change its name which would help if it's that.

Good luck man.

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
7 hours 26 mins with near 25% left.

Soon as it's not in use overnight drain goes to 0%

Going to force stop vanced G-Apps for bed, hopefully it doesn't start it up again and let's see what happens.

Deleted vanced, it's been hammering my phone.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211020-223201344.jpg
    Screenshot_20211020-223201344.jpg
    336.8 KB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot_20211020-223221688.jpg
    Screenshot_20211020-223221688.jpg
    459.3 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts