• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11.0_r48]JAGUAR ONEPLUS 6T FAJITA OFFICIAL V13 UPDATED October 5, 2021

Search This thread

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
August 11, 2021. New Release V-11.1

1. Hide apps from recents
2. Full user profiles and work mode
3. Quicksearch removed (too noisy)
4. Encrypted DNS providers added: Cloudflare (US); LibreDns (Germany); AdguardDns (Cyprus); and PowerDns (Netherlands)
5. Visual Voicemail on T-Mobile USA now fully working without their app
6. Battery saver profiles
7. Gaming mode
8. Internal firewall removed as broken
9. Kill app button in notifications (on long press)
10. Trust section in Settings/Privacy is now populated with various options, such as deny USB gadgets when locked, various security alerts, such as if the rom signature has changed, etc. ...

Download in post #3.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210812-102247_Jaguar_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210812-102247_Jaguar_Settings.png
    150.6 KB · Views: 107
  • Screenshot_20210812-102230_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210812-102230_Settings.png
    128 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

khounbean

Sep 12, 2021
Hi Optimumpro,

Thank you very much for your great security focused Jaguar ROM for OP6/T phones!

I have a OP6T and started using your ROM since the August 11th release, and now enjoying its battery endurance, smooth interface, security features, no advertising ID, no bloated g00gle blobs, tap-twice to turn-on display (AoD) like in OOS, and so on.. (y)

I noticed you recently released a September 8th V12 for the OP6, but I have not yet seen it posted on the OP6T Jaguar thread. (1) Will you also be releasing V12 for OP6T?? I certainly hope you will continue to make releases for both the OP6 and OP6T.

(2) I am looking forward to the camera fix, as V11-1 regularly crashes a few times each time I start it up -- and need to go to settings and force stop the app, and restart it again for it to finally work.

(3) Also, if you have experience with AdAway and Captive Portals: I noticed Wifi connection status problems after I installed AdAway, and blocked DNS connectivity checks to g00gle and [email protected]; yet I can still use the Internet, but it will say No Internet and the Wifi icon is greyed out with a small x.

The Captive Portal will ask me to Sign In (with connectivitycheck . [email protected] .c0m displayed below it), but AdAway will block it with a screen with the AdAway bird -- then I can select: Use Network As It Is, and then I can use the Internet. Sometimes the Wifi icon is not greyed out, but shows a Wifi normally working icon; either way, internet will mostly work.

Note: I am also using TrackerControl app from f-dr0id.

(4) Isn't the Captive Portal Disable feature supposed to stop the connectivity checks to g00gle? Or was this integrated into Android 11?

Before when I used Omnirom w/ MicroG on Android 10 (they stopped releasing OP6T updates after May 2021), there was never this requirement to regularly connect to g00gle to achieve connected to Wifi status (it would just try to reach mtalk and such in the background).

I really hope you will continue to regularly update Jaguar for both the OP6 and OP6T.

Thanks again for putting in all the time and effort into this great ROM experience!

Reactions: thomasnsr

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
Hi Optimumpro,

Thank you very much for your great security focused Jaguar ROM for OP6/T phones!

I have a OP6T and started using your ROM since the August 11th release, and now enjoying its battery endurance, smooth interface, security features, no advertising ID, no bloated g00gle blobs, tap-twice to turn-on display (AoD) like in OOS, and so on.. (y)

I noticed you recently released a September 8th V12 for the OP6, but I have not yet seen it posted on the OP6T Jaguar thread. (1) Will you also be releasing V12 for OP6T?? I certainly hope you will continue to make releases for both the OP6 and OP6T.

(2) I am looking forward to the camera fix, as V11-1 regularly crashes a few times each time I start it up -- and need to go to settings and force stop the app, and restart it again for it to finally work.

(3) Also, if you have experience with AdAway and Captive Portals: I noticed Wifi connection status problems after I installed AdAway, and blocked DNS connectivity checks to g00gle and [email protected]; yet I can still use the Internet, but it will say No Internet and the Wifi icon is greyed out with a small x.

The Captive Portal will ask me to Sign In (with connectivitycheck . [email protected] .c0m displayed below it), but AdAway will block it with a screen with the AdAway bird -- then I can select: Use Network As It Is, and then I can use the Internet. Sometimes the Wifi icon is not greyed out, but shows a Wifi normally working icon; either way, internet will mostly work.

Note: I am also using TrackerControl app from f-dr0id.

(4) Isn't the Captive Portal Disable feature supposed to stop the connectivity checks to g00gle? Or was this integrated into Android 11?

Before when I used Omnirom w/ MicroG on Android 10 (they stopped releasing OP6T updates after May 2021), there was never this requirement to regularly connect to g00gle to achieve connected to Wifi status (it would just try to reach mtalk and such in the background).

I really hope you will continue to regularly update Jaguar for both the OP6 and OP6T.

Thanks again for putting in all the time and effort into this great ROM experience!
Next release is coming.

For Captive portal, you should check in Wifi preferences if 'disable captive portal' toggle is on. Or, you can remove Captiveportal in TWRP.

Reactions: thomasnsr

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
September 8, 2021. New Release V-12.0

1. Android 11 r43
2. September security patches
3. Fully working PowerOn alarm: set it, turn off the phone, it would boot two minutes before and trigger the alarm on time
4. Rebased kernel based on Oneplus r11
5. TWRP by Nebrassy embedded in kernel. CAUTION: may not work on Oneplus 6T.
6. Doze/AOD features moved to OneplusSettings
7. Statusbar/Navbar burning protection
8. Toggle to turn off fingerprint screen unlocking (does not affect apps)
9. Dark mode by default
10. Fixed camera crashes
11. Bromite webvew is now default: no additional action required
12. Vandium webview is back as an alternative, you can select either in Developer Settings
13. Most lockscreen clocks made bigger

Download in post #3.

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
Can I use oos 11 as base?
Your regular TWRP won't work with this. Otherwise, it will work without problems, as kernel has been synchronized with OOS R11.

A separate note on OOS 11. There is ZERO benefit in OOS 11 vendor, In addition, it comes with many bugs, including reduced audio quality, shaky WIFI, etc... . And the latest bootloader breaks TWRP.

I am in a process of making a TWRP installer for firmware update only, excluding vendor and bootloader. That one works great.

As far as OOS vendor, I won't touch it until Android 12, which is on the horizon.

khounbean

Sep 12, 2021
Thank you Optimumpro for warning us about OOS 11 problems, and for releasing V12 (camera is working)!

(1) To follow up: before I flashed to V12, the connectivity checks were occurring even with 'Disable CP' toggled in Wifi Preferences.

After flashing V11-1 to V12 > flash twrp 3.5.2_9-0 (official version for fajita) > reboot to recovery > flash magisk 23.0 and flashing a custom CaptivePortal debloat script > reboot to system:

And oddly, after toggling OFF 'Disable CP' -- and rebooting once more -- and thanks to your awesome ROM -- the connectivity checks to gst*tic and g00gle FINALLY stopped!

I was at first worried about debloating CP because I had read that it is required in Android 11 as part of Project Mainline (XDA 2020 Oct. article) -- and according to w1nst0n's g00gle list, that it is a core package -- and that some users reporting bootloops after debloating it (they probably used stock OOS with play dependencies).

(2) Regarding Smart Charging: I started using this feature after I noticed the default settings charging the phone very quickly, having read that a 100% charge + continuous heat affects the durability of phone batteries.

In V11-1, when I first turned it on, it was working fine -- but later the phone stopped charging at all, and I am guessing it started after I adjusted the Start Trigger Level down, and later plugged the phone in when the battery % was lower than the Start Trigger Level.

But before this problem started, it would charge even when the battery % was lower than the Start Trigger.

So I disabled Smart Charging and rebooted the phone, then re-enabled Smart Charging, and it is working again -- but wanted to mention this, in case it is something you can fix.

Thanks alot for the V12 release!

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
Thank you Optimumpro for warning us about OOS 11 problems, and for releasing V12 (camera is working)!

(1) To follow up: before I flashed to V12, the connectivity checks were occurring even with 'Disable CP' toggled in Wifi Preferences.

After flashing V11-1 to V12 > flash twrp 3.5.2_9-0 (official version for fajita) > reboot to recovery > flash magisk 23.0 and flashing a custom CaptivePortal debloat script > reboot to system:

And oddly, after toggling OFF 'Disable CP' -- and rebooting once more -- and thanks to your awesome ROM -- the connectivity checks to gst*tic and g00gle FINALLY stopped!

I was at first worried about debloating CP because I had read that it is required in Android 11 as part of Project Mainline (XDA 2020 Oct. article) -- and according to w1nst0n's g00gle list, that it is a core package -- and that some users reporting bootloops after debloating it (they probably used stock OOS with play dependencies).

(2) Regarding Smart Charging: I started using this feature after I noticed the default settings charging the phone very quickly, having read that a 100% charge + continuous heat affects the durability of phone batteries.

In V11-1, when I first turned it on, it was working fine -- but later the phone stopped charging at all, and I am guessing it started after I adjusted the Start Trigger Level down, and later plugged the phone in when the battery % was lower than the Start Trigger Level.

But before this problem started, it would charge even when the battery % was lower than the Start Trigger.

So I disabled Smart Charging and rebooted the phone, then re-enabled Smart Charging, and it is working again -- but wanted to mention this, in case it is something you can fix.

Thanks for the nice words.

Actually, I don't think the script you mention does anything in addition to what the rom does. It's just that if my toggle is set to truth by default, it doesn't override Android default, which is 'detection is on'. So, you actually need to toggle it off/on again to disable detection. I will set it to 'off' by default so that users can enable it.

Also, wiping dalvik/cache will not be necessary, as starting from the next release, it will be done automatically.

Edit: upon further research, I have found that Google has (cleverly) changed the command from 'detection enabled' to 'detection ignored'. So, this means that when my toggle is enabled, the Captive Portal detection is 'On', and when it is 'Off', detection is disabled/ignored. I will re-write the strings.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    October 5. New Release V-13

1. Google r48
    2. October security patches
    3. Internal firewall fully working again
    4. Redone doze

Download in post #3.

Thanks alot for the V12 release

Useful information 👍
    Thank you very much! :giggle:
    Thanks for your effort and your Work))))
    Is there a way to pass safetynetwith magisk?tried safetynet fix 2.1 but it didn't help
    There are still tricks, which you can ask other users to share, but not for long. Magisk is dead together with Safetynet tricking. S
    Hello @optimumpro , I'm a little confused about the instalation of Jaguar OS... I'm on Original latest Oxigen OS android-11, so what should do? Do I need to flash OxygenOS on both partition before flashing Jaguar? Can you help me please? Thank you.
    Since all custom roms for 6T use stock vendor, you must have it in both slots, which means flashing OOS in both slots.
    Verizon support with no RTT issues. Call recording button is visible.

This is official build of Jaguar Rom.

I have been building Android roms since 2012 for various devices including multiple Sonys, Lenovo Zuk, Oneplus 3, Oneplus 5 and Oneplus 6 (my current device). You can check the Oneplus 5 development thread here:
    Oneplus 5 thread or Oneplus 3 or Oneplus 6 thread here or browse my profile.

Jaguar rom is focused on hardening of AndroidOS and kernel. As such, the rom has hardened bionic, art, framework and tightened security. Kernel has security features ported from linux kernel 4.14.

The rom could be used on locked bootloader (donate feature) with no warning screen whatsoever, and with or without Magisk (your choice). It boots like OOS: Android logo and Boot animation.

Otherwise, and in addition to hardening, the rom has all standard+ features that come with custom roms:

1 Rom control with custom Power options, Statusbar, Buttons, Navbar, Quicksettings, Lockscreen, Notifications, Gestures, Themes etc. .

2. Heavily modified Art, Bionic System/Vold and System/Security

3. Telephony response to Type Zero sms ('silently acknowledged') disabled

4. Toggle to disable Captive Portal logging.

5. Speakerphone proximity sensor toggle - could be set to automatically switch to speaker when not at the ear

6. IMEI and phone numbers hidden in About menu

7. Call recording button visible in Dialer and working for all

8. Vanadium Trichrome Webview and Chromium browser

9. All regular customizations with the latest addition of Battery Defender, as well as Aggressive, Extreme battery saving and Smart charging

10. Customized Launcher 3 has extra grid options: 6x7 and 5x8 + an option to change icon size globally

11. Verizon CDMA support

The rom requires the latest stable OOS 10 vendor in both slots!

Instructions for Unlocked Bootloader

Update for those who are on OOS 11: to use this rom, you must have the latest OOS 10 in both slots. Android 11 update is incompatible with TWRP. Official TWRP cannot handle OOS 11 - you get qcom crash. Custom TWRP's can handle OOS 11, but they can't do a factory reset, which is required, if you are coming from another rom. So, flash OOS 10 into both slots and then follow instructions.

1. If you are encrypted on Android Q, or lower or any stock, you must do a factory reset in TWRP, the option, where you enter 'Yes' to confirm. Otherwise, just wipe data partition.

2. Reboot into TWRP (after factory reset), transfer Jaguar, TWRP installer and Magisk to internal SD

3. Flash the rom. Don't reboot!

4. Flash TWRP official latest installer (not the raw TWRP image). Reboot once. After that do optional flashing such as GAPPS and Magisk

The latest release is always in post #3 on top.

XDA:DevDB Information
    JAGUAR R, ROM for the OnePlus 6T

Contributors

optimumpro

New Kernel Source: New Kernel
    Kernel Source Code: Kernel

ROM OS Version:
    11.x R
    ROM Kernel:
    Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required:
    Locked or Unlocked Bootloader and OOS vendor
    Based On:
    AOSP/Lineage

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: See post #3
    Stable Release Date:
    2021-01-26

Created: 2021-03-11
    Updated: 2021-10-05

Credit: AOSP, Lineage, DU, Crdroid, GrapheneOS, Bromite webview
    April 9, New Release V-7.1

1. Fingerprint enrollment FIXED (confirmed)
    2. WIFI time-out option
    3. Updated kernel

Download in post #3
    New release. This time it was tested by several users and they all booted successfully.

Battery standby time improved.

Download in post #3.
    June 9. New Release V-9.0

1. Android r38
    2. June security patches
    3. Latest kernel
    4. Settings to automatically reboot the phone, if it wasn't unlocked: for user-preset time (up to 72 hours)
    5. Settings for one-shot brigtness
    6. Vanadium webview to 91.x

Download in post #3
    May 11. New Release V-8.1

1. Fixes bootloop issue with 10.3.9 and 10.3.10 firmware
    2. Kernel to .268

Download in post #3.