• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11.0_r49]JAGUAR ONEPLUS 8 OFFICIAL V14 Updated November 3, 2021

Search This thread

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
New release is coming with AOD fixed, which will enable edge lightning, pocket, tilt, pulse and all other related features. This also fixes occasional delay when unlocking screen.

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
October 14. New release, V-13.1

1. AOD fixed for Oneplus 8 series
2. Tilt, Pulse, Pocket, Edge Light with color options, Wake on Notivications all work
3. AOD on charge only option
4. Screen unlock delay is gone
5. Statusbar brightness gesture redone
6. Padding added to statusbar left clock (away from front camera hole)
7. Nightlight tile visible now
8. Clear all recents gesture (working for gestural navigation too) in
Launcher/Settings/Misc
9. Enlarged system partition to allow installation of larger Gapps

Download in post #3.

Last edited:

Karlora

Oct 15, 2021
Currently on Crdroid and wanted to try out Jaguar but have 2 questions
First is there a problem with HDR videos that makes screen dark and distorts colors until you reboot
And second, how can I flash Jaguar without returning to stock first
Thanks

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
Currently on Crdroid and wanted to try out Jaguar but have 2 questions
First is there a problem with HDR videos that makes screen dark and distorts colors until you reboot
And second, how can I flash Jaguar without returning to stock first
Thanks
1. Didn't notice anything like that
2. You don't need to return to stock, unless your current firmware is lower than Android 11.

Last edited:
Reactions: zelos156

Karlora

Oct 15, 2021
1. Didn't notice anything like that
2. You don't need to return to stock, unless your current firmware is less than Android 11.
Just installed it: it is there. Try to watch any HDR video on Youtube, you will notice how colors shift slightly and brightness decreases significantly. Color shift can be especially seen at power menu. This persists until reboot.
I don't watch HDR videos as the phone doesn't even properly support it, but sometimes I stumble upon when it's not explicitly described as such, and end up rebooting every time

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
Just installed it: it is there. Try to watch any HDR video on Youtube, you will notice how colors shift slightly and brightness decreases significantly. Color shift can be especially seen at power menu. This persists until reboot.
I don't watch HDR videos as the phone doesn't even properly support it, but sometimes I stumble upon when it's not explicitly described as such, and end up rebooting every time
I just watched an HDR video in my web browser on youtube HDR channel and it worked fine including 2160p, which is 4000K. No distortion or brightness change. It's probably the app you are using that's unable to process HDR.

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
Having issue passing safety net. I've tried all suggestions throughout different threads. Just wondering if I'm doing anything wrong. Also is there tap to wake? I can find tap to sleep on lock screen but not the opposite. Just curious. Other than that, rom is running great so far
Search for tap in Settings.

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211016-222818_Settings_Suggestions.png
    Screenshot_20211016-222818_Settings_Suggestions.png
    143.3 KB · Views: 46

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
Also only currently have aod option available for charging only. Not a big deal maybe something was interrupted on my part. Running latest build.
Tap to wake is in Settings/Display, close to the bottom. AOD should be in 2 spots one in Settings/Display/Lockscreen and another in RomControl/Notifications.

Have you installed any modules or perhaps Gapps override something? I am using the same device and the same rom.

Tap to wake is in Settings/Display, close to the bottom. AOD should be in 2 spots one in Settings/Display/Lockscreen and another in RomControl/Notifications.

Have you installed any modules or perhaps Gapps override something? I am using the same device and the same rom.
I'm leaning towards the installation of Gapps. I was able to use kernel management app to enable double tab to wake. But AOD is a no go. It's no big deal. Rom is still fast and running strong. Safety net not passing isn't that important either was just curious. I've come to the conclusion that due to me using Gapps package as a non traditional way of installation is the culprit not the build.

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
I'm leaning towards the installation of Gapps. I was able to use kernel management app to enable double tab to wake. But AOD is a no go. It's no big deal. Rom is still fast and running strong. Safety net not passing isn't that important either was just curious. I've come to the conclusion that due to me using Gapps package as a non traditional way of installation is the culprit not the build.
AOD

Attachments

• screen-20211017-080732.mp4
    10.2 MB · Views: 0

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
November 3, New release V-14

1. November security patches
2. Android r49
3. Updated vendor blobs
4. Ambient display sensor fixed
5. Snap camera replaced with Open Camera

Download in post #3.

P.S. To those who complained they couldn't find 'double tap to wake' toggle:

Earlier, I posted a screenshot of my Oneplus 8 (not 8 Pro or T) that clearly showed the feature. Moreover, just to make sure, I did a clean flash of the latest release, and the feature appears in Settings/Display between 'Lockscreen' and 'Wake on plug'.

So, if you still have a 'no show', that's not the rom, but addon(s) you've installed. Or, you used TWRP to restore data (TWRP is utterly incapable of restoring data without corruption) or a version of Gapps or Xposed or Magisk addons: you should know better which one... .

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

2. Android r49
    3. Updated vendor blobs

Download in post #3.

Earlier, I posted a screenshot of my Oneplus 8 (not 8 Pro or T) that clearly showed the feature. Moreover, just to make sure, I did a clean flash of the latest release, and the feature appears in Settings/Display between 'Lockscreen' and 'Wake on plug'.

So, if you still have a 'no show', that's not the rom, but addon(s) you've installed. Or, you used TWRP to restore data (TWRP is utterly incapable of restoring data without corruption) or a version of Gapps or Xposed or Magisk addons: you should know better which one... .
    This is official build of Jaguar Rom.

I have been building Android roms since 2012 for various devices including multiple Sonys, Lenovo Zuk, Oneplus 3, Oneplus 5 and Oneplus 6. You can check my Oneplus 6 or
    Oneplus 6T threads and browse my profile.

Jaguar rom is focused on hardening of AndroidOS and kernel. As such, the rom has hardened bionic, art, framework and tightened security.

1 Rom control with custom Power options, Statusbar, Buttons, Navbar, Quicksettings, Lockscreen, Notifications, Gestures, Themes etc...

2. Heavily modified Art, Bionic System/Vold and System/Security

3. Telephony response to Type Zero sms ('silently acknowledged') disabled

4. Toggle to disable Captive Portal logging.

5. Speakerphone proximity sensor toggle - could be set to automatically switch to speaker when not at the ear

6. IMEI and phone numbers hidden in About menu

7. Built-in encrypted DNS providers, such as: Cloudflare (US); LibreDns (Germany); AdguardDns (Cyprus); and PowerDns (Netherlands)

8. Wakelock and Alarmblocker

9. Fully working Call recording with the button visible in Dialer

10. A choice between the latest Bromite and Vanadium webview

11. Deskclock app modified to work with PowerOn alarm. The app will boot the phone 2 minutes before scheduled time to trigger the alarm on time

12. Default Dark mode

13. All regular customizations plus. You tell me which feature is missing.

14. Prebuilt Magisk 23. You don't have to flash it, just install the attached Magisk.apk.

Bugs: AOD working, but no info shown on lockscreen (works fine on other Onepluses)

Install instructions

1. Install Jaguar recovery via fastboot: reboot in fastboot and execute the following commands on your connected PC terminal:

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery_a recovery.img
    fastboot flash recovery_b recovery img

2. Download the rom to your PC. Boot the phone into recovery, set recovery for sideloading, then type on your PC terminal (which should be opened in the same directory where you had downloaded the rom):
    Code:
    adb sideload 'name of the rom'

3. Factory reset and reboot. You are done. If you want root, just install Magisk manager (apk) as a normal app.

PICO Gapps has been tested successfully with this rom.

All downloads are in post #3.

All subsequent releases will be in post #3

XDA:DevDB Information
    JAGUAR R, ROM for the OnePlus 8

Contributors

optimumpro

Kernel Source Code: HERE

ROM OS Version:
    11.x R
    ROM Kernel:
    Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required:
    no lower than Android 11
    Based On: AOSP/Lineage/DirtyUnicorn/Crdroid

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: See post #3
    Stable Release Date:
    2021-01-26

Created: 2021-09-29
    Updated: 2021-11-03

Credit: AOSP, Lineage, DU, Crdroid, GrapheneOS, CalyxOS Bromite webview

2. Android r49
    3. Updated vendor blobs

Download in post #3.

October 20. New release

1. Built from scratch in a separate environment from other devices to get rid of conflicts.

2. Clean-flashed on my own Oneplus 8: everything seems to be working

Download in post #3.
    The rom could be used on locked bootloader (donate feature) with or without Gapps.

The benefits of LOCKED BOOTLOADER combined with WORKING AVB-2 protection are:

Get your DRM L1 certificate back. Most banking apps (if not all) will work with or without Magisk: you cimply get a warning 'your devices is rooted', but you can proceed to login

Security: Nobody and nothing can modify Kernel, Recovery and Virtual Partitions without triggering a red screen of death with the message 'your device is corrupted and cannot boot'.

At that point, the only option is to unlock bootloader. But, if a user had previously disabled OEM unlock in Developer settings, then unlocking becomes unavailable, and so does flashing via fastboot. In other words, if your phone gets into the hands of an adversary, their only option is to use MSM tool to make the phone work again, but no access to your data or any other partition.

Why prebuilt Magisk? Because you can't modify kernel or recovery on locked bootloader post installation, and that's exactly what Magisk does.

Also, see some screenshots attached:
    October 14. New release, V-13.1

1. AOD fixed for Oneplus 8 series
    2. Tilt, Pulse, Pocket, Edge Light with color options, Wake on Notivications all work
    3. AOD on charge only option
    4. Screen unlock delay is gone
    5. Statusbar brightness gesture redone
    6. Padding added to statusbar left clock (away from front camera hole)
    7. Nightlight tile visible now
    8. Clear all recents gesture (working for gestural navigation too) in
    Launcher/Settings/Misc
    9. Enlarged system partition to allow installation of larger Gapps

Download in post #3.