• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11.0_r49]JAGUAR ONEPLUS 8 PRO OFFICIAL V14 Updated November 4, 2021

Search This thread

Imprezzion

Dec 12, 2011
Gorredijk
OnePlus 8 Pro
I give up on this. I even MSM back to 11.0.3.3 with both slots updated to 11.0.8.8 over OTA, unlock BL, flash recovery to both slots, sideload, AGAIN error. I just cannot install this ROM no matter what I do.

First when coming off EvoX it installed but refused to install GApps with a space error all the time, so I MSM back to stock to fix partitions, even OTA to latest EU FW on both slots, now it gives me the Installing update... Step 1/2 Error applying update: 7 (ErrorCode::kInstallDeviceOpenError) Error in /sideload/package.zip (Status 1) just installing the ROM, I haven't even gotten to GApps yet.

uaktim

Jun 13, 2019
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8 Pro
I give up on this. I even MSM back to 11.0.3.3 with both slots updated to 11.0.8.8 over OTA, unlock BL, flash recovery to both slots, sideload, AGAIN error. I just cannot install this ROM no matter what I do.

First when coming off EvoX it installed but refused to install GApps with a space error all the time, so I MSM back to stock to fix partitions, even OTA to latest EU FW on both slots, now it gives me the Installing update... Step 1/2 Error applying update: 7 (ErrorCode::kInstallDeviceOpenError) Error in /sideload/package.zip (Status 1) just installing the ROM, I haven't even gotten to GApps yet.
I found that I had better success when i didn't install the recovery and instead just booted it. That allowed me to get a successful flash of the 10/5 rom, but 10/14 still always errors. The moment I install the recovery I get "No buffer space" and sideloading fails.

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8

What error mate?

Have you tried using TWRP?

In a nutshell if you want a fully clean install

1. MSM
2. Unlock bootloader
3. Install TWRP (I'd recommend booting)
4. Push to ADB sideload
5. Install the ROM
6. Boot phone to OS if G-Apps is included

Done.

Let me know if you get stuck and at what point.

If you're done and went root, extract the boot.img and patch it then boot it then direct install.

Jobs a good'un

punit1708

Feb 24, 2016
OnePlus 8 Pro
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
What error mate?

1. MSM
2. Unlock bootloader
3. Install TWRP
4. Push to ADB sideload
5. Install the ROM

Done.

Let me know if you get stuck and at what point
ADB sideload rom.zip and then reboot to recovery for flash gapps?and which gapps package is suggested?

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
ADB sideload rom.zip and then reboot to recovery for flash gapps?and which gapps package is suggested?
I haven't installed it personally but that's the general installation method.. In all fairness the instructions are spot on...I usually do a guide if they're vague but these are pretty ok.

G-Apps are to be install after the ROM if they're not included, if they are then skip it.

The OP does contain this information

Imprezzion

Dec 12, 2011
Gorredijk
OnePlus 8 Pro
What error mate?

1. MSM
2. Unlock bootloader
3. Install TWRP (I'd recommend booting)
4. Push to ADB sideload
5. Install the ROM

Done.

Let me know if you get stuck and at what point.

If you're done and went root, extract the boot.img and patch it then boot it then direct install.

Jobs a good'un
Yeah no. It's exactly what I did but does not install. I used twrp beta 6 as well. Doesn't work either. Same error. The error was listed in my original post.

Step 1/2 Error applying update: 7 (ErrorCode::kInstallDeviceOpenError) Error in /sideload/package.zip (Status 1) is the error in both twrp and jaguar recovery.

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
Yeah no. It's exactly what I did but does not install. I used twrp beta 6 as well. Doesn't work either. Same error. The error was listed in my original post.

Step 1/2 Error applying update: 7 (ErrorCode::kInstallDeviceOpenError) Error in /sideload/package.zip (Status 1) is the error in both twrp and jaguar recovery.
Ok so don't bother with twrp...go with the OP's recovery, sideload and go from there.

If push comes to shove then check my post out on the Evo X forum, post 76, replace that ROM with this one.

No reason why that shouldn't work

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
Explanation for sideload problems:

1. My device is Oneplus 8, not T or Pro
2. The rom is optimized for performance not size. It is therefore, larger than your usual custom rom.
3. I noticed that only Pico Gapps gets installed, others don't because of 'not enough space' error.
4. I then increased space reserved for Gapps, but that made system partition larger than the actual partition (again, I don't have the device and can't read actual partitions)
5. So, in the latest release, I went back to stock partition sizes and removed Vanadium webview, which took extra 250 mb odexed.

So, now, you should be able to sideload the rom and install Gapps without any problem.

Edit: my testers didn't mention any installation problems, only that larger Gapps couldn't be installed because of the size

Last edited:

zizzyboi

Jan 8, 2019
Screenshot_20211017-004351_Settings.png

Solid ROM.
Please include off screen gestures, fod color option, gvisual mod to adjust status bar as you can see from the picture. And none of the sensor based gestures are working . and live display doesn't open. Just crashes and goes back to display page.
One plus 8 pro BTW
P.s if anyone with the 8 pro is trying to flash gapps and getting error then just use open gapps pico. Nano said space error.
October 16 build

Last edited:
Reactions: zement

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
View attachment 5434947

Solid ROM.
Please include off screen gestures, fod color option, gvisual mod to adjust status bar as you can see from the picture. And none of the sensor based gestures are working . and live display doesn't open. Just crashes and goes back to display page.
One plus 8 pro BTW
P.s if anyone with the 8 pro is trying to flash gapps and getting error then just use open gapps pico. Nano said space error.
October 16 build
You should do a search in Settings to find fod options and gesture options. Livedisplay is accessible fully from Settings/Display. Tile will be removed, as it conflicts with Nightlight tile.

zizzyboi

Jan 8, 2019
You should do a search in Settings to find fod options and gesture options. Livedisplay is accessible fully from Settings/Display. Tile will be removed, as it conflicts with Nightlight tile.

idk if my screen record and video is being uploaded here or not cause i cant see it but when searching for the fod color pressed it shows the option in settings but when opening it shows the same fod menu from rom control with no option to change fod icon or color.
then when you search for gestures you see offscreen but it doesnt work at all.
and live display doesnt open bro. why would i lie to you?
im trying to get you to improve your rom on other devices since you dont own them.
and no auto brightnness option? its on by default and no way to turn it off. ( its there in settings when i search but takes me to a page with no option for it)
and right on cue.... my phone started showing jaguar boot animation after closing and opening screen. will share logs when it happens again. (bug is random so doubt ill be able to get logs but ill try) this keeps happening now.
i have no apps downloaded except chrome and google app

8 pro

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
idk if my screen record and video is being uploaded here or not cause i cant see it but when searching for the fod color pressed it shows the option in settings but when opening it shows the same fod menu from rom control with no option to change fod icon or color.
im trying to get you to improve your rom on other devices since you dont own them.
and no auto brightnness option? its on by default and no way to turn it off. ( its there in settings when i search but takes me to a page with no option for it)
and right on cue.... my phone started showing jaguar boot animation after closing and opening screen. will share logs when it happens again. (bug is random so doubt ill be able to get logs but ill try) this keeps happening now.

8 pro
I am not saying you are lying.

Please see attached screenshots.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211016-202155_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20211016-202155_Settings.png
    139.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_20211016-202142_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20211016-202142_Settings.png
    329.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_20211016-202105_Jaguar_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20211016-202105_Jaguar_Settings.png
    2 MB · Views: 22

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013

8 pro
And by the way, aothough I have Oneplus 8, as far as the features you mentioned, there is no difference between 8/8T/8 Pro.

zizzyboi

Jan 8, 2019
I just sent you my video. Try to do a clean install. There were lots of changes in the latest release, so, it is possible clean install is required.
I clean flashed.
You have any 8 pro testers who have confirmed these working in their devices?
Might be working for you and them because you or them probably did dirty flash. Do a clean flash and you'll probably have same issues

Reactions: zement

Top Liked Posts

Can ringer and notification volumes be split? Does the camera name everything IMG_blah and if so, can IMG get removed from the default mask?
    Not sure about the image thing but the ringer and notifications can be separated in settings.
    November 4, New release V-14

1. November security patches
    2. Android r49
    3. Updated vendor blobs
    4. Ambient display sensor fixed
    5. Snap camera replaced with Open Camera

Download in post #3.

P.S. To those who complained they couldn't find 'double tap to wake' toggle:

Earlier, I posted a screenshot that clearly showed the feature. Moreover, just to make sure, I did a clean flash of the latest release, and the feature appears in Settings/Display between 'Lockscreen' and 'Wake on plug'.

So, if you still have a 'no show', that's not the rom, but addon(s) you've installed. Or, you used TWRP to restore data (TWRP is utterly incapable of restoring data without corruption) or a version of Gapps or Xposed or Magisk addons: you should know better which one... .

P.S2.: Don't ask for Android 12. Google prefers to publish undercooked releases, which don't become stable for at least 4-5 months, and Android 12 is no exception. So, when S is stable, Jaguar 12 will be posted. ETA - January-February 2022.
    I noticed that but still can't pass safety net with the prebuilt version. At least I couldn't
    I'll send you a new release in a few days to test Safetynet.
    It would make sense to file a bug report with Vmos.
    Basic integrity it is kernel side issue i gues you can use xposed to ovveride it but i gues the developer of this must check what wrong
    Can ringer and notification volumes be split? Does the camera name everything IMG_blah and if so, can IMG get removed from the default mask?
    Not sure about the image thing but the ringer and notifications can be separated in settings.
    This is official Jaguar Rom.

I have been building Android roms since 2012 for various devices including multiple Sonys, Lenovo Zuk, Oneplus 3, Oneplus 5 and Oneplus 6. You can check my Oneplus 6 or
    Oneplus 6T threads and browse my profile.

Jaguar rom is focused on hardening of AndroidOS and kernel. As such, the rom has hardened bionic, art, framework and tightened security.

1 Rom control with custom Power options, Statusbar, Buttons, Navbar, Quicksettings, Lockscreen, Notifications, Gestures, Themes etc...

2. Heavily modified Art, Bionic System/Vold and System/Security

3. Telephony response to Type Zero sms ('silently acknowledged') disabled

4. Toggle to disable Captive Portal logging.

5. Speakerphone proximity sensor toggle - could be set to automatically switch to speaker when not at the ear

6. IMEI and phone numbers hidden in About menu

7. Built-in encrypted DNS providers, such as: Cloudflare (US); LibreDns (Germany); AdguardDns (Cyprus); and PowerDns (Netherlands)

8. Wakelock and Alarmblocker

9. Fully working Call recording with the button visible in Dialer

10. A choice between the latest Bromite and Vanadium webview

11. Deskclock app modified to work with PowerOn alarm. The app will boot the phone 2 minutes before scheduled time to trigger the alarm on time

12. Default Dark mode

13. All regular customizations plus. You tell me which feature is missing.

14. Prebuilt Magisk 23. You don't have to flash it, just install the attached Magisk.apk.

Bugs: AOD working, but no info shown on lockscreen (works fine on other Onepluses). Not anymore.

Install instructions

If this is your first time coming from stock, you need to have stock Android 11 in both slots. So, either update stock OTA to populate the second slot or flash stock rom with TWRP. Do not use Lineage's 'transfer' script, as this might corrupt your persist partition. In addition, that script transfers outdated files.

1. Install Jaguar recovery from HERE via fastboot: reboot in fastboot and execute the following commands on your connected PC terminal:

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery_a recovery.img
    fastboot flash recovery_b recovery img

Or use TWRP

2. Download the rom to your PC. Boot the phone into recovery, set recovery for sideloading, then type on your PC terminal (which should be opened in the same directory where you had downloaded the rom):

Code:
    adb sideload 'name of the rom'

3. Factory reset and reboot. You are done. If you want root, just install Magisk manager (apk) from here as a normal app. Don't flash it.

PICO Gapps has been tested successfully with this rom

Download rom from post #3

All subsequent release will be in post #3.

XDA:DevDB Information
    JAGUAR R, ROM for the OnePlus 8 Pro

Contributors

optimumpro

Kernel Source Code: HERE

ROM OS Version:
    11.x R
    ROM Kernel:
    Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required:
    no lower than Android 11
    Based On: AOSP/Lineage/DirtyUnicorn/Crdroid

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: See post #3
    Stable Release Date:
    2021-01-26

Created: 2021-09-29
    Updated: 2021-11-04

Credit: AOSP, Lineage, DU, Crdroid, GrapheneOS, CalyxOS Bromite webview
    The rom could be used on locked bootloader (donate feature) with or without Gapps.

The benefits of LOCKED BOOTLOADER combined with WORKING AVB-2 protection are:

You get your DRM L1 back. Your banking applications (tested several) will work even if Magisk is not hidden: you simply get a warning, your device is rooted, but can click 'don't show again' and proceed to login.

Nobody and nothing can modify Kernel, Recovery and Virtual Partitions without triggering a red screen of death with the message 'your device is corrupted and cannot boot'.

At that point, the only option is to unlock bootloader. But, if a user had previously disabled OEM unlock in Developer settings, then unlocking becomes unavailable, and so does flashing via fastboot. In other words, if your phone gets into the hands of an adversary, their only option is to use MSM tool to make the phone work again, but no access to your data or any other partition.

Why prebuilt Magisk? Because you can't modify kernel or recovery on locked bootloader post installation, and that's exactly what Magisk does.

See some screenshorts:
    [Thread Cleaned]

A very good morning to you all! Some posts have dissipated left and right but I hope we didn't cause too much (collateral) damage. I hope y'all got it out of your system and feel better. Now, let's move on and stick to a more civil way of communicating. With mutual respect and all that.

About donation features: YES, IT'S ALLOWED! Sometimes. Shocker, I know. The moderation team may be tasked with – among many many many other things 😬 – shutting down projects that have only the goal of making money but this does not mean that donation features are forbidden. We expect that core features and most important functionality of any release remains free. We also understand that developing software is hard work which should be rewarded. Our goal is to find a balance and we do this together, as a community. To achieve this we often work with developers to find the best outcome for everyone.
    Please do not throw around accusations in someone's thread and never threaten another member with sanctions. That's just not okay. Even mods will avoid this. It may come as a surprise to you but we're not the Cyberdyne Systems Model 101 designed to terminate your threads, posts and accounts followed by a taunting “Hasta la vista, baby”. We're human beings with elevated forum rights and a lot of XDA experience that interact with all its members with the goal of keeping this kickass community a pleasant experience for all.

Thank you for your time and I sincerely hope we can show more kindness to one another. [cheesy]“Sometimes it takes only one act of kindness and caring to change a person’s life.” – Jackie Chan[/cheesy] If you still feel the need to discuss further, please feel free to drop me a PM. And if really needed, "I'll be back" ;)

Kind regards and stay safe!
    Timmy
    Forum Moderator
    Dev should really consider dropping support for 8 pro. Clearly just because his device doesn't have the issue he thinks everyone's device should be the same 😂.
    Two people have mentioned the same issues and instead of fixing it he's showing screenshots. DFKM.
    I'M DONE
    Lol take it easy man, he's just sharing a ROM, theres no obligation here.

As frustrating as it can be to not have working features it's still an "as is" ROM, no need for hostilities.

I haven't personally installed this ROM so no i can't comment on features missing or not but i can on how to address them, there are ways and means to get a point across without sounding deserving of something you aren't.

If you've clean installed and there are missing features then just mention that, if it gets fixed then great if not then that's just the way it is, no ones under any obligation here, speaking down to dev's who've put the hours / days / weeks in to share something for FREE is what makes people leave and not share their work, XDA wouldn't be a very good place to be if dev's didn't do what they do and even worse if they didn't have the support of people who flash their work, please bare that in mind.

(y)
    November 4, New release V-14

1. November security patches
    2. Android r49
    3. Updated vendor blobs
    4. Ambient display sensor fixed
    5. Snap camera replaced with Open Camera

Download in post #3.

P.S. To those who complained they couldn't find 'double tap to wake' toggle:

Earlier, I posted a screenshot that clearly showed the feature. Moreover, just to make sure, I did a clean flash of the latest release, and the feature appears in Settings/Display between 'Lockscreen' and 'Wake on plug'.

So, if you still have a 'no show', that's not the rom, but addon(s) you've installed. Or, you used TWRP to restore data (TWRP is utterly incapable of restoring data without corruption) or a version of Gapps or Xposed or Magisk addons: you should know better which one... .

P.S2.: Don't ask for Android 12. Google prefers to publish undercooked releases, which don't become stable for at least 4-5 months, and Android 12 is no exception. So, when S is stable, Jaguar 12 will be posted. ETA - January-February 2022.