• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11.0_r49]JAGUAR ONEPLUS 8 PRO OFFICIAL V14 Updated November 4, 2021

Search This thread

zement

Oct 27, 2020
I clean flashed.
You have any 8 pro testers who have confirmed these working in their devices?
Might be working for you and them because you or them probably did dirty flash. Do a clean flash and you'll probably have same issues
After clean flash 8 pro, you need to enable navigation in the system in the rom control submenu. And then the screen gestures will work.

Imprezzion

Dec 12, 2011
Gorredijk
OnePlus 8 Pro
OP8P installation works fine now with latest version and Pico GApps. The AOD doesn't seem to work, the options for fingerprint customization aren't present and you can search them in the search bar but settings do not open or show up. AOD is toggled on but never shows up.

Back to EvoX we go..

Reactions: zizzyboi

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OP8P installation works fine now with latest version and Pico GApps. The AOD doesn't seem to work, the options for fingerprint customization aren't present and you can search them in the search bar but settings do not open or show up. AOD is toggled on but never shows up.

Back to EvoX we go..

Attachments

• screen-20211017-080732.mp4
    10.2 MB · Views: 0

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211017-104013_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20211017-104013_Settings.png
    137.6 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: Lycidias and dladz

uaktim

Jun 13, 2019
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8 Pro
Going to give this one more clean install but this far here's been my experience on 1+8Pro:

Oct 5 installed fine, but Oct 14 fails and left me in a stuck bootscreen.
Clean flashed Oct5 again, installed Gapps and found GMaps fails to get gps most of the time, PlayStore wanted SMS privileges but it always goes to "Denied" when you set it to "Allow". Google Fi works fine. Fingerprint is sluggishly slow (either takes multiple seconds to unlock, or fails to read all together)

Got to dirty flash Oct 16 today. Face Unlock is great, but fingerprint still slow (AFTER clean, still slow, but is noticably more reliable). Google Fi seems to have failed (AFTER clean, works again) and GMaps now crashes on bootup. Sideloading worked great, made it to step2/2 just fine without the previous errors. As another user mentioned, AOD can be toggled but doesn't appear to work on the Pro (will try clean soon - AFTER clean, still not working)

Otherwise, the rest of the phone seems extremely responsive and handles battery life like a champ. Camera app is pretty lousy, takes quite some time from the click to the actual snap, but I'm hoping that another app may offer better experiences.

Calls and audio seem to work great. Never had an issue with a 1+ phone and custom roms in regards to the BT/Audio, but other phones definitely had their issues.

Text messaging works fine, again, no complaints as expected.

Going to try a clean flash here in the next hour and then will post an update on that experience.

---Edit after clean flash
After Clean flash, i'm basically just testing out the rest to give myself a baseline to test against in future releases:

LiveDisplay doesn't work. Clicking it in settings has JaguarSettings panel popup and then exits quickly.
CPUInfo shows temperature in the 30,000 range. Ex: current temp is 33800c rather than 33.8c.
Google Maps still can't get local GPS location (Waze works)
Wunderground (weather app) also can't get GPS location (1Weather and Weather Forecast by Fillog Studio works just fine though)
Weather on the lockscreen doesn't work (it's enabled in the Rom Control settings)

All the other settings i tested seem to work. Rom seems very promising, so I can't wait to see what comes next when the bugs get ironed out for 1+8P.

Last edited:
Reactions: ps000000

zizzyboi

Jan 8, 2019
Dev should really consider dropping support for 8 pro. Clearly just because his device doesn't have the issue he thinks everyone's device should be the same 😂.
Two people have mentioned the same issues and instead of fixing it he's showing screenshots. DFKM.
I'M DONE

zizzyboi

Jan 8, 2019
Dev should really consider dropping support for 8 pro. Clearly just because his device doesn't have the issue he thinks everyone's device should be the same 😂.
Two people have mentioned the same issues and instead of fixing it he's showing screenshots. DFKM.
I'M DONE
I've even shown him videos and still he doesn't acknowledge the issue

Reactions: zement

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
“I will look into it”
That’s all you needed to say bro
No. You are wrong.

1. I cannot fix something that I can't reproduce

2. My videos that clearly show features you claim to not find are as good as yours

3. And finally, learn the rules: No bug complaints without logcats.

I owe you nothing. There are plenty of roms for you out there. Go there and stay there. :)

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
I'M DONE
Lol take it easy man, he's just sharing a ROM, theres no obligation here.

As frustrating as it can be to not have working features it's still an "as is" ROM, no need for hostilities.

I haven't personally installed this ROM so no i can't comment on features missing or not but i can on how to address them, there are ways and means to get a point across without sounding deserving of something you aren't.

If you've clean installed and there are missing features then just mention that, if it gets fixed then great if not then that's just the way it is, no ones under any obligation here, speaking down to dev's who've put the hours / days / weeks in to share something for FREE is what makes people leave and not share their work, XDA wouldn't be a very good place to be if dev's didn't do what they do and even worse if they didn't have the support of people who flash their work, please bare that in mind.

(y)

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
Fyi... I'm using a OP 8 pro, and have the one before the latest ROM installed.

AOD works fine for me, with all options working. Has weather on there too. Same with the fingerprint options they all seem to work. Live display seems to work fine too.

In fact pretty much everything seems to work from what I've seen so far.

The only problems I've noticed are the fingerprint reader has been barely usable. Probably works about 30% of the time at best. Also, the camera is slow at launching (I don't really care about that as much).

(I'm not moaning btw, just posting my experience of the ROM)

Overall, seems like a solid ROM to me. Just wish I was clever enough to understand why customs ROMs have such crappy FOD support, or better yet that it just worked fine lol, but that's life.

did you try to double up on fingerprints, have found that helps on numerous ROM's even OOS.

Also with the FOD, i've had a mixed bag, Evo X was pretty awful when it first came out and now it's absolutely brilliant, so definitely some changes under the hood, perhaps the jag dev can check out what the Evo dev did? If anything, could be a placebo but i don't think so.

orb_selektor

Forum Moderator - Welcomer
Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
May I remind you all that XDA is made by Devs for Devs, so any user that recognizes that will get the most benefit form this site.
Devs put hard work on presenting their stuff here and mostly they do it for free, so for us as regular users a big THANKS is what really help them to continue.

Please all, lets keep it on topic and with respect!

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
I've had a right mare with my post trying to edit it so I've had to delete it, but basically I was bigging up the ROM :)
Did you just post that AOD and LiveDisplay worked fine for you and you only had problems with FOD? I got an email with a copy of that post, but I can't see it now. Did you delete it?

Top Liked Posts

I noticed this as well when I installed the ROM
    I am waiting for December security patches. Otherwise, everything has been fixed. See attached:
    Looks good thanks for all your work, especially the hotspot! Can't wait for tap to wake. Is the kernel stock? Do we use stock or aosp kernels?
    AOSP kernel with Oneplus specific commits ported.
    I noticed that but still can't pass safety net with the prebuilt version. At least I couldn't
    I'll send you a new release in a few days to test Safetynet.
    I noticed this as well when I installed the ROM
    I am waiting for December security patches. Otherwise, everything has been fixed. See attached:
    It would make sense to file a bug report with Vmos.
    Yep split ringer/notification. I noticed some awesome features over oos. Like hotspot tethering. Woo hoo!

Can the double tap wake up be turned on?

Minimum brightness be lower?
    Double tap to wake is hard coded. FOD features are there, but not shown (will be fixed in the next release). Safetynet will be fixed too.
    Thanks for the testing, i will try the gcam mod. just to be curious and it turns out unlocking bootloader causes inconsistency of FOD. Does locking bootloader with jaguar rom help with this?
    FOD has been royally screwed by whomever first introduced FOD color options, by putting non-transparent icons between the finger and sensor. So, naturally, the reader can barely read the fingerprint. Thiis has been fixed and will be available in the next release.

Having said that and based on my experience, fingerprint false reading is virtually non-existent on locked bootloader.
    This is official Jaguar Rom.

I have been building Android roms since 2012 for various devices including multiple Sonys, Lenovo Zuk, Oneplus 3, Oneplus 5 and Oneplus 6. You can check my Oneplus 6 or
    Oneplus 6T threads and browse my profile.

Jaguar rom is focused on hardening of AndroidOS and kernel. As such, the rom has hardened bionic, art, framework and tightened security.

1 Rom control with custom Power options, Statusbar, Buttons, Navbar, Quicksettings, Lockscreen, Notifications, Gestures, Themes etc...

2. Heavily modified Art, Bionic System/Vold and System/Security

3. Telephony response to Type Zero sms ('silently acknowledged') disabled

4. Toggle to disable Captive Portal logging.

5. Speakerphone proximity sensor toggle - could be set to automatically switch to speaker when not at the ear

6. IMEI and phone numbers hidden in About menu

7. Built-in encrypted DNS providers, such as: Cloudflare (US); LibreDns (Germany); AdguardDns (Cyprus); and PowerDns (Netherlands)

8. Wakelock and Alarmblocker

9. Fully working Call recording with the button visible in Dialer

10. A choice between the latest Bromite and Vanadium webview

11. Deskclock app modified to work with PowerOn alarm. The app will boot the phone 2 minutes before scheduled time to trigger the alarm on time

12. Default Dark mode

13. All regular customizations plus. You tell me which feature is missing.

14. Prebuilt Magisk 23. You don't have to flash it, just install the attached Magisk.apk.

Bugs: AOD working, but no info shown on lockscreen (works fine on other Onepluses). Not anymore.

Install instructions

If this is your first time coming from stock, you need to have stock Android 11 in both slots. So, either update stock OTA to populate the second slot or flash stock rom with TWRP. Do not use Lineage's 'transfer' script, as this might corrupt your persist partition. In addition, that script transfers outdated files.

1. Install Jaguar recovery from HERE via fastboot: reboot in fastboot and execute the following commands on your connected PC terminal:

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery_a recovery.img
    fastboot flash recovery_b recovery img

Or use TWRP

2. Download the rom to your PC. Boot the phone into recovery, set recovery for sideloading, then type on your PC terminal (which should be opened in the same directory where you had downloaded the rom):

Code:
    adb sideload 'name of the rom'

3. Factory reset and reboot. You are done. If you want root, just install Magisk manager (apk) from here as a normal app. Don't flash it.

PICO Gapps has been tested successfully with this rom

Download rom from post #3

All subsequent release will be in post #3.

XDA:DevDB Information
    JAGUAR R, ROM for the OnePlus 8 Pro

Contributors

optimumpro

Kernel Source Code: HERE

ROM OS Version:
    11.x R
    ROM Kernel:
    Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required:
    no lower than Android 11
    Based On: AOSP/Lineage/DirtyUnicorn/Crdroid

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: See post #3
    Stable Release Date:
    2021-01-26

Created: 2021-09-29
    Updated: 2021-11-04

Credit: AOSP, Lineage, DU, Crdroid, GrapheneOS, CalyxOS Bromite webview
    The rom could be used on locked bootloader (donate feature) with or without Gapps.

The benefits of LOCKED BOOTLOADER combined with WORKING AVB-2 protection are:

You get your DRM L1 back. Your banking applications (tested several) will work even if Magisk is not hidden: you simply get a warning, your device is rooted, but can click 'don't show again' and proceed to login.

Nobody and nothing can modify Kernel, Recovery and Virtual Partitions without triggering a red screen of death with the message 'your device is corrupted and cannot boot'.

At that point, the only option is to unlock bootloader. But, if a user had previously disabled OEM unlock in Developer settings, then unlocking becomes unavailable, and so does flashing via fastboot. In other words, if your phone gets into the hands of an adversary, their only option is to use MSM tool to make the phone work again, but no access to your data or any other partition.

Why prebuilt Magisk? Because you can't modify kernel or recovery on locked bootloader post installation, and that's exactly what Magisk does.

See some screenshorts:
    [Thread Cleaned]

A very good morning to you all! Some posts have dissipated left and right but I hope we didn't cause too much (collateral) damage. I hope y'all got it out of your system and feel better. Now, let's move on and stick to a more civil way of communicating. With mutual respect and all that.

About donation features: YES, IT'S ALLOWED! Sometimes. Shocker, I know. The moderation team may be tasked with – among many many many other things 😬 – shutting down projects that have only the goal of making money but this does not mean that donation features are forbidden. We expect that core features and most important functionality of any release remains free. We also understand that developing software is hard work which should be rewarded. Our goal is to find a balance and we do this together, as a community. To achieve this we often work with developers to find the best outcome for everyone.
    Please do not throw around accusations in someone's thread and never threaten another member with sanctions. That's just not okay. Even mods will avoid this. It may come as a surprise to you but we're not the Cyberdyne Systems Model 101 designed to terminate your threads, posts and accounts followed by a taunting “Hasta la vista, baby”. We're human beings with elevated forum rights and a lot of XDA experience that interact with all its members with the goal of keeping this kickass community a pleasant experience for all.

Thank you for your time and I sincerely hope we can show more kindness to one another. [cheesy]“Sometimes it takes only one act of kindness and caring to change a person’s life.” – Jackie Chan[/cheesy] If you still feel the need to discuss further, please feel free to drop me a PM. And if really needed, "I'll be back" ;)

Kind regards and stay safe!
    Timmy
    Forum Moderator
    I'M DONE
    Lol take it easy man, he's just sharing a ROM, theres no obligation here.

As frustrating as it can be to not have working features it's still an "as is" ROM, no need for hostilities.

I haven't personally installed this ROM so no i can't comment on features missing or not but i can on how to address them, there are ways and means to get a point across without sounding deserving of something you aren't.

If you've clean installed and there are missing features then just mention that, if it gets fixed then great if not then that's just the way it is, no ones under any obligation here, speaking down to dev's who've put the hours / days / weeks in to share something for FREE is what makes people leave and not share their work, XDA wouldn't be a very good place to be if dev's didn't do what they do and even worse if they didn't have the support of people who flash their work, please bare that in mind.

(y)
    November 4, New release V-14

1. November security patches
    2. Android r49
    3. Updated vendor blobs
    4. Ambient display sensor fixed
    5. Snap camera replaced with Open Camera

Download in post #3.

P.S. To those who complained they couldn't find 'double tap to wake' toggle:

Earlier, I posted a screenshot that clearly showed the feature. Moreover, just to make sure, I did a clean flash of the latest release, and the feature appears in Settings/Display between 'Lockscreen' and 'Wake on plug'.

So, if you still have a 'no show', that's not the rom, but addon(s) you've installed. Or, you used TWRP to restore data (TWRP is utterly incapable of restoring data without corruption) or a version of Gapps or Xposed or Magisk addons: you should know better which one... .

P.S2.: Don't ask for Android 12. Google prefers to publish undercooked releases, which don't become stable for at least 4-5 months, and Android 12 is no exception. So, when S is stable, Jaguar 12 will be posted. ETA - January-February 2022.