• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11.0_r49]JAGUAR ONEPLUS 8T OFFICIAL V14 Updated November 4, 2021

Search This thread

Tomatot-

May 11, 2012
OnePlus 6
Hi, I'm testing the ROM, seems quite nice overall. I'm noticing a few issues:

-When waking up the phone, sometimes the screen blinks (like it's at max brightness) for 0.1 sec and then it goes back to normal. It's a bit annoying, especially at night. I was experiencing the same on CrDroid.
-I can't customize FOD. When I search for it in settings, I find the entries "FOD icon picker" and "FOD customization options" but when I click on them, I can't find the settings.

Great work otherwise! Performance with stock kernel is really good.

Last edited:

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
Hi, I'm testing the ROM, seems quite nice overall. I'm noticing a few issues:

-When waking up the phone, sometimes the screen blinks (like it's at max brightness) for 0.1 sec and then it goes back to normal. It's a bit annoying, especially at night. I was experiencing the same on CrDroid.
-I can't customize FOD. When I search for it in settings, I find the entries "FOD icon picker" and "FOD customization options" but when I click on them, I can't find the settings.

Great work otherwise! Performance with stock kernel is really good.
I have no idea why some users say they can't customize FOD. It is clearly there. See attached. Perhaps Gapps override something.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211017-143742_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20211017-143742_Settings.png
    202.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20211017-143746_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20211017-143746_Settings.png
    326.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20211017-143758_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20211017-143758_Settings.png
    167.9 KB · Views: 24

Tomatot-

May 11, 2012
OnePlus 6

nujackk

Jun 16, 2008
Kent
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9
How is autobrightness with this ROM? I was always going back to OOS cuz autobrightness went bananas on all custom ROMs I tried on kebab. It's just a small detail, but it drove me nuts on LOS and AOSP based ROMs.
I always disable auto brightness on any room myself never any good to me. But did notice some flickering on this while it was still on. I hadn't made many adjustments to default setup at that point.

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
I always disable auto brightness on any room myself never any good to me. But did notice some flickering on this while it was still on. I hadn't made many adjustments to default setup at tha
Do you have FOD customization options?
I don't have this section for some reason. It's not gapps since I'm running microG. Is there something to change on 8T regarding this? Idk.

Do you have any idea about my other issue btw?
I don't doubt you, but simply am puzzled. I will look at Kebab specific code.

Tomatot-

May 11, 2012
OnePlus 6

All right, thank you. Let me know if you need any kind of information, such as log or anything. Btw, what is the default color calibration mode? Natural? Would it be possible to have the option? (i.e. vibrant, pci3, srgb, natural, etc.)

nujackk

Jun 16, 2008
Kent
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9

Yeah was just going to post. It looks like it's no longer there. Was there first install and didn't notice after update since I had already changed.
It no longer shows in settings, but think it's there just hidden. Settings search thinks it's there.

Tomatot-

May 11, 2012
OnePlus 6
Also, I can't find night light (to turn the screen yellowish at night). I think it's gone too.

EDIT: one last thing (sorry for being picky), the 4G text in the status bar is cropped at the top when using the old style (where it's written on top of the bars instead of on the side).

Last edited:

XxXBaRrXxX

Oct 18, 2021
Just installed the rom. I am now stuck on the Jaguar boot animation. Any idea how to get around this?

XxXBaRrXxX

Oct 18, 2021
I left it for well over 30min . This has been a disaster . The default recovery does not allow the rom to install as it just pumps out the 47% errors that others have mentioned. Had no choice but to use TWRP to flash. That didnt work. I cannot seem to get this rom to work no matter what I try

XxXBaRrXxX

Oct 18, 2021
Latest release, tried it with the recovery you provided, that didnt work. Then tried EVO , also didnt work and actually put me into the qualcomm crashdump, then used TWRP and finally got the boot animation but could not get past that.

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
I left it for well over 30min . This has been a disaster . The default recovery does not allow the rom to install as it just pumps out the 47% errors that others have mentioned. Had no choice but to use TWRP to flash. That didnt work. I cannot seem to get this rom to work no matter what I try
I don't know. It seems that the last few days I have been getting posts from people who join XDA 5 minutes before posting. More than half of them are bogus. Not saying yours is, nonetheless that's what it is, and you joined XDA 10 minutes ago.

If I cannot vouch for Oneplus 8T and 8 Pro, I can certainly vouch for Oneplus 8, because that's my phone. Bogus complains included: cannot boot, stuck on bootanimation; no tap to wake, cannot find this or that, etc etc.

I have some old friends from Zuk Z2 thread, who couldn't live with the fact that my rom was downloaded 5000 times on the first day of posting. Maybe it is them again.

XxXBaRrXxX

Oct 18, 2021
Completely understand it is odd that I just joined. I have been in this community for a long time dating back to the windows mobile days. But never had a need to post anything as I never had any issues in the past. I created this account for the purpose of figuring out what I am doing wrong here . Im not one of your old friends. Just a guy from Boston trying to get this rom onto my device .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    November 4, New release V-14

1. November security patches
    2. Android r49
    3. Updated vendor blobs
    4. Ambient display sensor fixed
    5. Snap camera replaced with Open Camera

Download in post #3.
    For the fingerprint you need to change the pressed color to light yellow then should work. Seems to be common on ASOP roms.
    Actually, upon further investigation, this has nothing to do with AOSP: simply, the devs, who have introduced 'pressed fingerprint' colors, put there non solid color and non transparent icons, which cover the in-screen sensor the moment your finger touches it,. As a result, the reader can sense the touch, but can't see the finger.

Sometimes, features break the core functionality.
    Cannot wait to test this ROM out .

As an IT manager , security is a big deal.

That being said , I am going to run a " redteam engagement". I'll post back my results :)
    I've got a major issue to report:

The image on the device info page is actually a cheetah, not a jaguar. Did you know that cheetahs can survive on very little water? As little as one drink every 4 to 10 days!
    First of all thank you very much for making such a great ROM.

I am interested in donating for bootloader relocking but I have 2 questions:
    1. If I relock the bootloader and happen to have a problem with the OS, maybe bootloops etc and oem unlock is disabled in the dev options and would like to restore to stock firmware can I use MSM tools? cause from what I remember MSM tools only works with an unlocked bootloader. Or is there another way to restore to stock?

2. If I flash back to stock and would like to go back to Jaguar ROM and would like to relock the bbootloader do I need to pay again for another unlock?

Thanks in advance
    1. MSM tool should work regardless of bootloader status. Also, even if you have bootloop with OEM unlock disabled, you could still shutdown the phone and then restart it into recovery, where you can reflash the rom or one of the prior releases.

2. No, you don't: you just reflash my token and relock.
    This is official build of Jaguar Rom.

I have been building Android roms since 2012 for various devices including multiple Sonys, Lenovo Zuk, Oneplus 3, Oneplus 5 and Oneplus 6. You can check my Oneplus 6 or
    Oneplus 6T or Oneplus 8 threads and browse my profile.

Jaguar rom is focused on hardening of AndroidOS and kernel. As such, the rom has hardened bionic, art, framework and tightened security.

1 Rom control with custom Power options, Statusbar, Buttons, Navbar, Quicksettings, Lockscreen, Notifications, Gestures, Themes etc...

2. Heavily modified Art, Bionic System/Vold and System/Security

3. Telephony response to Type Zero sms ('silently acknowledged') disabled

4. Toggle to disable Captive Portal logging.

5. Speakerphone proximity sensor toggle - could be set to automatically switch to speaker when not at the ear

6. IMEI and phone numbers hidden in About menu

7. Built-in encrypted DNS providers, such as: Cloudflare (US); LibreDns (Germany); AdguardDns (Cyprus); and PowerDns (Netherlands)

8. Wakelock and Alarmblocker

9. Fully working Call recording with the button visible in Dialer

10. A choice between the latest Bromite and Vanadium webview

11. Deskclock app modified to work with PowerOn alarm. The app will boot the phone 2 minutes before scheduled time to trigger the alarm on time

12. Default Dark mode

13. All regular customizations plus. You tell me which feature is missing.

14. Prebuilt Magisk 23. You don't have to flash it, just install the attached Magisk.apk.

Bugs: AOD working, but no info shown on lockscreen (works fine on other Onepluses)

Install instructions:

If this is your first time coming from stock to a custom rom, you MUST have Android 11 stock in both slots. So, either have a few stock updates over the air (to populate the second slot) or flash stock rom with TWRP

1. Install Jaguar recovery via fastboot: reboot in fastboot and execute the following commands on your connected PC terminal:

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery_a recovery.img
    fastboot flash recovery_b recovery img

2. Download the rom on your PC. Boot the phone into recovery, set recovery for sideloading, then type on your PC terminal (which should be opened in the same directory where you had downloaded the rom):
    Code:
    adb sideload 'name of the rom'

3. Factory reset and reboot. You are done. If you want root, DO NOT FLASH MAGISK ZIP, just install Magisk manager (apk) as a normal app.

PICO Gapps has been tested successfully with this rom.

All downloads are in post #3

XDA:DevDB Information
    JAGUAR R, ROM for the OnePlus 8T

Contributors

optimumpro

Kernel Source Code: HERE

ROM OS Version:
    11.x R
    ROM Kernel:
    Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required:
    no lower than Android 11
    Based On: AOSP/Lineage/DirtyUnicorn/Crdroid

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: See post #3
    Stable Release Date:
    2021-01-26

Created: 2021-10-05
    Updated: 2021-11-04

Credit: AOSP, Lineage, DU, Crdroid, GrapheneOS, CalyxOS Bromite webview
    The rom could be used on locked bootloader (donate feature) with or without Gapps.

The benefits of LOCKED BOOTLOADER combined with WORKING AVB-2 protection are:

Get back your DRM L1 certificate. Most banking apps will work regardless of Magisk.

Security: Nobody and nothing can modify Kernel, Recovery and Virtual Partitions without triggering a red screen of death with the message 'your device is corrupted and cannot boot'.

At that point, the only option is to unlock bootloader. But, if a user had previously disabled OEM unlock in Developer settings, then unlocking becomes unavailable, and so does flashing via fastboot. In other words, if your phone gets into the hands of an adversary, their only option is to use MSM tool to make the phone work again, but no access to your data or any other partition.

Why prebuilt Magisk? Because you can't modify kernel or recovery on locked bootloader post installation, and that's exactly what Magisk does.

See attached som screenshots:

2. Android r49
    3. Updated vendor blobs

Download in post #3.

2. Android r49
    3. Updated vendor blobs

Dirty flash is fine on top of a previous release.

Download rom V-14: HERE

Download recovery: HERE

If this recovery gives you errors, just use Lineage recovery.

October 14. New release, V-13.1

1. AOD fixed for Oneplus 8 series
    2. Tilt, Pulse, Pocket, Edge Light with color options, Wake on Notifications all work
    3. AOD on charge only option
    4. Screen unlock delay is gone
    5. Statusbar brightness gesture redone
    6. Padding added to statusbar left clock (away from front camera hole)
    7. Nightlight tile visible now
    8. Clear all recents gesture (working for gestural navigation too) in Launcher/Settings/Misc
    9. Enlarged system partition to allow installation of larger Gapps

Could be flashed dirty on top of a previous release

Download Rom V13.1: Removed pending fixes
    October 16. Updated release:

1. Removes the leftovers of Livedisplay that was suppressing AOSP implementation
    2. Face unlock fully working.

Download in post #3.