• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11.0_r51]JAGUAR ONEPLUS 6T FAJITA OFFICIAL V16 UPDATED January 6, 2022

Search This thread

c2tu6u

Sep 2, 2016
Nadiad
The Rom Is Good !
But can you update base as OOS 11,
Because now PBRP Latest Version Support OOS 11 And No More Crash Dump 😌.

So can you update OOS 11 base and attech PBRP Inline Recovery 😃

Reactions: jukyO

khounbean

Sep 12, 2021
Hello everyone,

I can confirm that Jaguar V16 (2022-01-06) with official TWRP 3.5.2_9-0 and Magisk 23 still works!

( 1 ) If the Magisk app does not start on reboot, you need an internet connection, then disable "check updates" in Magisk settings.

- - -

( 2 ) After upgrading, I noticed very rapid battery drain, and at first thought: it might be due to having OOS 10.3.11 as my base (instead of 10.3.8) before installing the custom rom (Jaguar V16); but I had also started using the latest TWRP 3.6.0_9-0 (2021-11-23, which adds base support for OOS 11 -- as Oneplus to my pleasant surprise, is still updating it (11.1.2.2 for December 2021!) -- so after switching back to TWRP 3.5.2_9-0 (2021-04-05), now the battery endurance seems to be back to normal!

Meaning the latest TWRP 3.6.0 is not optimized for batteries on OOS 10!

- - -

( 3 ) Important for those re-installing Jaguar from scratch: there were a few times where after I installed OOS 10 on both A/B partitions and then installed Jaguar, the internal storage was fine, but after installing the next month's update (which goes to the other partition), the internal storage became gibberish in TWRP (decryption problem) and unusable!

(a) If this happens to you, I found a working solution: when installing from scratch, each time you finished installing a clean OOS 10 and TWRP on a partition, you need to do a Factory Reset (without typing 'yes') -- which wipes all the phone settings and installed apps, but preserves your media files.

Meaning for example, after installing OOS and TWRP on partition A (plus formatted data) -- you need to reboot into partition B in TWRP, repeat installation of OOS and TWRP (and again, format data) -- THEN you can safely install Jaguar on either partitions!

(b) You can factory reset to both partitions within TWRP, followed by installing Jaguar on one partition, BEFORE booting into system -- so you might get an error message in TWRP about a missing /media folder (because the OS has not been setup yet, so you can ignore the error message).

Now you can boot into Jaguar and configure it how you like -- and the next time you "dirty flash" to the latest Jaguar ROM in TWRP (meaning: boot to recovery: install Jaguar and TWRP > reboot again to TWRP > install Magisk on the updated partition) -- you will NOT lose access to your personal data!

- - -

(Important Reminders):

(a) Per Optimumpro's instructions, if you need to update the vendor (like from 10.3.8 to 10.3.11), you probably have to boot into system -- before installing Jaguar!

(b) But this will add another complication: before installing Jaguar, you will have to remember to FORMAT DATA (type 'yes' to wipe) in TWRP, which deletes all your internal storage files -- OR ELSE you will get that gibberish unusable /sdcard problem again!

(c) And if you do not copy the OOS or Jaguar ROM to the internal storage, and install it from there -- but try to install it from a USB (OTG), you may someetimes run into a device read error!

(d) Whenever flashing Jaguar in TWRP -- if you FORGET to also flash TWRP (zip) before rebooting, the other partition's data folder will again, become unusable gibberish!

- - -

I hope this helps newcomers struggling with setting up their 6Ts with Jaguar!

And many thanks to Optimumpro for this great ROM!

• Haha
Reactions: Nobody004

Nobody004

Jan 13, 2022
Hello everyone,

I can confirm that Jaguar V16 (2022-01-06) with official TWRP 3.5.2_9-0 and Magisk 23 still works!

( 1 ) If the Magisk app does not start on reboot, you need an internet connection, then disable "check updates" in Magisk settings.

- - -

( 2 ) After upgrading, I noticed very rapid battery drain, and at first thought: it might be due to having OOS 10.3.11 as my base (instead of 10.3.8) before installing the custom rom (Jaguar V16); but I had also started using the latest TWRP 3.6.0_9-0 (2021-11-23, which adds base support for OOS 11 -- as Oneplus to my pleasant surprise, is still updating it (11.1.2.2 for December 2021!) -- so after switching back to TWRP 3.5.2_9-0 (2021-04-05), now the battery endurance seems to be back to normal!

- - -

( 3 ) Important for those re-installing Jaguar from scratch: there were a few times where after I installed OOS 10 on both A/B partitions and then installed Jaguar, the internal storage was fine, but after installing the next month's update (which goes to the other partition), the internal storage became gibberish in TWRP (decryption problem) and unusable!

(a) If this happens to you, I found a working solution: when installing from scratch, each time you finished installing a clean OOS 10 and TWRP on a partition, you need to do a Factory Reset (without typing 'yes') -- which wipes all the phone settings and installed apps, but preserves your media files.

Meaning for example, after installing OOS and TWRP on partition A (plus formatted data) -- you need to reboot into partition B in TWRP, repeat installation of OOS and TWRP (and again, format data) -- THEN you can safely install Jaguar on either partitions!

(b) You can factory reset to both partitions within TWRP, followed by installing Jaguar on one partition, BEFORE booting into system -- so you might get an error message in TWRP about a missing /media folder (because the OS has not been setup yet, so you can ignore the error message).

Now you can boot into Jaguar and configure it how you like -- and the next time you "dirty flash" to the latest Jaguar ROM in TWRP (meaning: boot to recovery: install Jaguar and TWRP > reboot again to TWRP > install Magisk on the updated partition) -- you will NOT lose access to your personal data!

- - -

(Important Reminders):

(a) Per Optimumpro's instructions, if you need to update the vendor (like from 10.3.8 to 10.3.11), you probably have to boot into system -- before installing Jaguar!

(b) But this will add another complication: before installing Jaguar, you will have to remember to FORMAT DATA (type 'yes' to wipe) in TWRP, which deletes all your internal storage files -- OR ELSE you will get that gibberish unusable /sdcard problem again!

(c) And if you do not copy the OOS or Jaguar ROM to the internal storage, and install it from there -- but try to install it from a USB (OTG), you may someetimes run into a device read error!

(d) Whenever flashing Jaguar in TWRP -- if you FORGET to also flash TWRP (zip) before rebooting, the other partition's data folder will again, become unusable gibberish!

- - -

You sir are a god. I had to created an account just to reply to this. See, not everyone is up to date on this scene and newcomers are dazzled by all the information, versions, work arounds. Last time I installed Rom and was in the community was with the Samsung Galaxy Note that had the exploding batteries.

Thanks so much for the rundown and getting me caught up to speed. I agree with some users above of just moving the Rom to play nicely with OOS11 A/B slot (if am speaking correctly on this?) would just be simple and straight forward.

Last edited:

jamescable

Feb 3, 2011
Louisville
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus 6T
Hello everyone,

- - -

- - -

- - -

(Important Reminders):

- - -

I just use dualboot mod with common data partition and never have to worry about wiping data again lol

Nobody004

Jan 13, 2022
So I'm having a strange issue. Owner or main profile cannot install apps. I tap on screen and it doesnt regsister touch input on install button but everything else works, I created a multi profile setup and the other user can install applications just fine. *update* Actually any permisson based pop up and trying to click allow doesnt work (ex built in calendar app requesting media and i cant press allow), No root access either

I flashed OOS 10.3.12 (or the lastest OOS 10) on both slots.
Fastbooted TWRP 3.6 to install
Formatted Data (decrypt or whatever)
Installed Jag 16
Flashed TWRP in Ramdisk and normal zip way
installed Magisk by renaming apk to zip in TWRP
installed MicroG in TWRP
Rebooted

i also dont have root and main default user does not allow me to install apps. What can be the issue here?

Last edited:

Brettroth

Apr 4, 2018
Hello everyone,

- - -

- - -

- - -

(Important Reminders):

- - -

Don't understand how twrp would affect battery at all

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    January 6. New release V-16:

1. January security patches
    2. Android r51

Download in post #3.
    Hello everyone,

- - -

- - -

- - -

(Important Reminders):

- - -

You sir are a god. I had to created an account just to reply to this. See, not everyone is up to date on this scene and newcomers are dazzled by all the information, versions, work arounds. Last time I installed Rom and was in the community was with the Samsung Galaxy Note that had the exploding batteries.

Thanks so much for the rundown and getting me caught up to speed. I agree with some users above of just moving the Rom to play nicely with OOS11 A/B slot (if am speaking correctly on this?) would just be simple and straight forward.
    Thanks for keeping this rom upto date, really thanks
    Hello everyone,

- - -

- - -

- - -

(Important Reminders):

- - -

Verizon support with no RTT issues. Call recording button is visible.

This is official build of Jaguar Rom.

I have been building Android roms since 2012 for various devices including multiple Sonys, Lenovo Zuk, Oneplus 3, Oneplus 5 and Oneplus 6 (my current device). You can check the Oneplus 5 development thread here:
    Oneplus 5 thread or Oneplus 3 or Oneplus 6 thread here or browse my profile.

Jaguar rom is focused on hardening of AndroidOS and kernel. As such, the rom has hardened bionic, art, framework and tightened security. Kernel has security features ported from linux kernel 4.14.

The rom could be used on locked bootloader (donate feature) with no warning screen whatsoever, and with or without Magisk (your choice). It boots like OOS: Android logo and Boot animation.

Otherwise, and in addition to hardening, the rom has all standard+ features that come with custom roms:

1 Rom control with custom Power options, Statusbar, Buttons, Navbar, Quicksettings, Lockscreen, Notifications, Gestures, Themes etc. .

2. Heavily modified Art, Bionic System/Vold and System/Security

3. Telephony response to Type Zero sms ('silently acknowledged') disabled

4. Toggle to disable Captive Portal logging.

5. Speakerphone proximity sensor toggle - could be set to automatically switch to speaker when not at the ear

6. IMEI and phone numbers hidden in About menu

7. Call recording button visible in Dialer and working for all

8. Vanadium Trichrome Webview and Chromium browser

9. All regular customizations with the latest addition of Battery Defender, as well as Aggressive, Extreme battery saving and Smart charging

10. Customized Launcher 3 has extra grid options: 6x7 and 5x8 + an option to change icon size globally

11. Verizon CDMA support

The rom requires the latest stable OOS 10 vendor in both slots!

Instructions for Unlocked Bootloader

Update for those who are on OOS 11: to use this rom, you must have the latest OOS 10 in both slots. Android 11 update is incompatible with TWRP. Official TWRP cannot handle OOS 11 - you get qcom crash. Custom TWRP's can handle OOS 11, but they can't do a factory reset, which is required, if you are coming from another rom. So, flash OOS 10 into both slots and then follow instructions.

1. If you are encrypted on Android Q, or lower or any stock, you must do a factory reset in TWRP, the option, where you enter 'Yes' to confirm. Otherwise, just wipe data partition.

2. Reboot into TWRP (after factory reset), transfer Jaguar, TWRP installer and Magisk to internal SD

3. Flash the rom. Don't reboot!

4. Flash TWRP official latest installer (not the raw TWRP image). Reboot once. After that do optional flashing such as GAPPS and Magisk

The latest release is always in post #3 on top.

XDA:DevDB Information
    JAGUAR R, ROM for the OnePlus 6T

Contributors

optimumpro

New Kernel Source: New Kernel
    Kernel Source Code: Kernel

ROM OS Version:
    11.x R
    ROM Kernel:
    Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required:
    Locked or Unlocked Bootloader and OOS vendor
    Based On:
    AOSP/Lineage

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: See post #3
    Stable Release Date:
    2021-01-26

Created: 2021-03-11
    Updated: 2022-01-06

Credit: AOSP, Lineage, DU, Crdroid, GrapheneOS, Bromite webview
    April 9, New Release V-7.1

1. Fingerprint enrollment FIXED (confirmed)
    2. WIFI time-out option
    3. Updated kernel

Download in post #3
    New release. This time it was tested by several users and they all booted successfully.

Battery standby time improved.

Download in post #3.
    June 9. New Release V-9.0

1. Android r38
    2. June security patches
    3. Latest kernel
    4. Settings to automatically reboot the phone, if it wasn't unlocked: for user-preset time (up to 72 hours)
    5. Settings for one-shot brigtness
    6. Vanadium webview to 91.x

Download in post #3
    May 11. New Release V-8.1

1. Fixes bootloop issue with 10.3.9 and 10.3.10 firmware
    2. Kernel to .268

Download in post #3.